Campaign platform for Tor Karlsvalt

Tor Karlsvalt
Chancellor
Chancellor

Campaign platform for Tor Karlsvalt

Post by Tor Karlsvalt »

Again I am honored to stand for election to the Representative Assembly, especially with so many fine candidates this election cycle for the 21st Term.

I have always stood for good and honest government. As a member of RA I guarantee that I will always work to keep CDS an open society and true to the principals of democracy that have marked our community for the last ten years.

I support efforts a Chancellor, under the oversight of a strong and honest RA, in keeping our sims well managed and efficient and involved among the community sims of Second Life.

In that regard I continue to support the continued democratization in the executive we have seen. Today we have more people involved in sim management then ever.

I support a sixth sim for CDS. Our population is nearly at capacity and could increase with the addition of a new and well planned region. I am open as to the location of a new region. However, I would most favor what is often called NFS West.

I favor laws that recognize the requirements of a well managed estate. I see unreasonable shackles on the government as irresponsible and actions that will lead to a hobbled CDS. The key to our democracy is a strong Chancellor and a bold and active RA.

I favor integration of newcomers into CDS. I was eager to welcome our newcomers and offered several a lead roles at the last inaugural ball. In addition I extolled their enthusiasm for participating in CDS community life. I am also very glad to see so many newcomers attend RA meetings, commission meetings and even run for office in CDS. I note that even newcomers are taking an active role in redeveloping Locus Amoenus. We often boast a great deal of our age. And ten years in SL is a wonderful achievement. But looking at the candidates now and in the recent past I notice how constantly young CDS really is. It is old and it is new. We have survived with a constant stream of new people who come here and seek to build a community and further the Neualtenburg Projekt so idealistically conceived ten years ago.

I favor a civil society that looks for solutions to issues without constant tearing down of people. However, CDS is partly a business, and has an image in the wider SL and need to establish and maintain a reputation as a partner in creating a fabric of unique community sims, I do believe that the character of our leaders matter.

I support Pat for Chancellor. He has demonstrated that he is truly building bridges and had directed the Locus Amoenus redevelopment in a spirit of cooperation and with an eye to providing CDS with quality structures.

I encourage all of you to vote. You, our citizens, matter and you ultimately lead our fair community.

Citizen
cleopatraxigalia
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Re: Campaign platform for Tor Karlsvalt

Post by cleopatraxigalia »

I

have always stood for good and honest government. As a member of RA I guarantee that I will always work to keep CDS an open society and true to the principals of democracy that have marked our community for the last ten years.

Tor Karlsvalt has led the crusade that plummeted CDS into a state of decline. He is the opposite of "good and honest government" ..

Lets just look at what he stated in his "fair plan for land redistribution" .... His idea of a fair plan for CDS was to REMOVE ownership rights from the people who had been in LA the least amount of time , and give the land to the ones who were there the longest. That is just ONE example. Let's talk about locking parcels, suggesting people leave CDS, showing massive favoritism in regards to land and arrears and sales.

Because of many examples, of his unethical behavior in my opinion, Tor is byfar, the WORST choice for RA .. or chancellor again in the future.. for CDS. That is just my opinion. His track record clearly shows that his idea of "democratization" is a shrinking CDS with long term offices held by a few ...

Tor has proven himself to be:

UNETHICAL

FISCALLY IRRESPONSIBLE

UNFAIR

BAD FOR CDS

GRIEFER SUPPORTER

* I am happy to give many examples should anyone desire. IM me or ask here.

Cleo
Patroklus Murakami
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Patroklus Murakami »

Since this forum is only accessible by candidates it might make more sense to comment on platforms in 'General Discussion'. Then everyone can take part and the debate is not just one between the candidates in the election.

Honi soit qui mal y pense
cleopatraxigalia
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by cleopatraxigalia »

Interesting Pat, I recall seeing you post on Bagheera's thread ?

Cleo

Return to “Candidates' Platforms”