Building FAITH in the community

Post by Ceasar Xigalia »

Shep wrote:

building faith in the community, drawing Citizens closer together

What does this mean?

[/quote]

Great question Shep.

I will build faith in the community using the following principles:

Freedom – that CDS government continues to ensure that everyone has the ‘power or right to act, speak, or think as one wants without hindrance or restraint’ within the context of ‘conversations (that) remain civil and avoid libelous or overtly inflammatory statements’. I believe freedom of expression includes all Citizens right to express their personal political, social and religious viewpoints. As Chancellor I will work to support all Citizens however they express their individual views.

Acquisition of knowledge – ensuring that all Citizens have access to and knowledge of the workings of CDS government and in this case open access for all to the Chancellors office to ensure that decisions are fair and equitable.
Earlier this current RA term I worked with Delia to prepare a RFP for Archive of CDS Laws http://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php? ... ect#p21586
to assist CDS find a person or organization who would assess and record all laws and changes to those laws since the inception of CDS in 2004. Being clear about the historical basis for and current extent of CDS laws is vitally important.

Integrity – ensuring that there are strong moral principles upon which the Chancellors office is run, demonstrating a ‘consistency of actions, values, methods, measures, principles, expectations, and outcomes’. I have outlined this under ‘Policies and Process’ in my manifesto.

Transparency and Trust - working to bring the office of the Chancellor to a new level by making decisions open, transparent and known. I will build community by ensuring that all citizens know the inner workings and the rationale for decisions made by the Chancellors office.

Helping others - utilizing teamwork so that all citizens can feel they are a part of what we do and that they have a voice and a hand in what matters to them most. Allowing for avenues of participation for every citizen at the level at which they desire. Additionally assisting Citizens meet covenants via a team of helpful knowledgeable Citizens who will provide a helping hand to anyone who needs or desires to have assistance in this matter.

Ceasar Xigalia,
“I'd take the awe of understanding over the awe of ignorance any day.”
― Douglas Adams, The Salmon of Doubt

Return to “Questions from Citizens”