Protest March: We Want Elections Now!

Announcements of activities and events in CDS.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Sudane Erato
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Re: Protest March: We Want Elections Now!

Post by Sudane Erato »

cleopatraxigalia wrote:

.and there is the question also of the people who are on the list but state they have never paid 250 L to CDS to be a member.. this is the partner of a member of the exectutive team. I have the chat saved. What about that ?? I am just confused.

Interesting that you would use as your sole example here a candidate who you vehemently oppose, and not mention 4 of your new recruits who fall into the same category. The epitome of an "innocent question".

The Hippo system treats "partners" differently. You can register a partner with your tier box, enabling either of you to pay the tier. If you look at the law regarding qualification as partners, its intent is to qualify citizens who may share the tier on a single parcel. In the old system, we had no way of doing that, and thus the L$250 minimum. With Hippo its built in, so we are trying to use it.

Hethwen Resident, Silvano Korobase, Engel Orchid, Agent86 Resident, as well as Anna Toussaint and Kellie Wellesley (as well as Karensunshine Emerald and Jo Renierd, before they left) all fall into the catagory of LA owner partners. Are you going to complain about Hethwen, Silvano, Engel and Agent86 as well?

Sudane.......................................

*** Confirmed Grump ***
Profile: http://bit.ly/p9ASqg
cleopatraxigalia
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by cleopatraxigalia »

I totally believe the rules should be completely fair for everyone..

Sudane, if I understand the game correctly, your role is to be unbiased in all this I thought. So the rules should be fair to anyone and everyone no matter what their political views..

If there are four people who do not pay their own boxes but have someone pay you directly then of course they should not be citizens either if that is the rule.. .

I call in question all the LA partner citizens actually. No matter their political views. Everyone shoudl be paying the 250 by hand themselves. Jia has a box now, but you spelled her name wrong on the box.

I know that you are vehemently opposed to ME Sudane, you have told me that I told someone they didnt have to pay their tier before.. and that I abandoned land in the past.. ( Which by the way I tried to come back and pay tier and it was denied by both you and Jamie, prior to the date the land was reclaimed by CDS) ..

I dont think you answered my question.

Cleo
cleopatraxigalia
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by cleopatraxigalia »

I have no clue who Agent 86 is , and sure anyone who isnt paying the tier themselves manually is no t adhering to teh spirit of the law . My recollection was an issue long ago with people not even being in world for months but remaining citizens, the requirement was made to have them at the very least log in one time per month to pay the tier of 250, that was the reason for the fee, less than the money . Someone can give them the money, but the avatar citizen had to be responsible to at least log in an d pay manually .. that was how i understood it.. AND YES I want it all applied fairly . Of course.

I was just shocked the other night when Kellie has been on our citizen list for ages actually and she told me clearly she asked to not be a citizen and had never wanted to or had paid the tier.. that is not the case with the ones you mention btw/ the ones I am aware of. They are usign the hippo and want to be citizens................ Kellie said she didnt even know she was, asked not to be ages ago and doesnt recall ever paying 250. I am sorry I think that is different. As I said, I have her chat saved if anyone wants it. And for the record, yes, I do think Anna did a very poor job as PIO. Evidenced by all the land that was available for one, and the attitude I have seen her display with new citizens and the quality and effectiveness of her inworld materials. Thats just my opinion. I barely know her personally.

all i want is what i advertised us to be .. a fair and open democracy ..
thats why the new citizens came here !

Cleo
Beathan
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Beathan »

This was a very successful event that drew quite a crowd, given that we only have 90 or so citizens (properly counted). Good event, which drew one counter-protester, who might not even still be a citizen (properly counted) although he appears on the list (Guillaume Mistwalker, who I understand sold his land last month -- so was not a property owner at the time when citizens should count; he indicated that he did not "renounce his citizenship" when he sold his property; however, I don't think that you can be a citizen merely because you once owned property in the CDS).

Beathan

Let's keep things simple enough to be fair, substantive enough to be effective, and insightful enough to be good.
josjoha
Passionate Protagonist
Passionate Protagonist

Post by josjoha »

It was a fun protest, and I commend Gaius Guillaume for facing down the throng all by himself, wow. There where about 15 protesters, we walked all over the CDS; eventually into the RA building, and Gaius was there too.

www.law4.org Constitution & Revolution, live happy ever after ...
Patroklus Murakami
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Patroklus Murakami »

Photos. Or it didn't happen :)

Honi soit qui mal y pense
josjoha
Passionate Protagonist
Passionate Protagonist

Post by josjoha »

:)

I count +- 10 there, but we had 15 earlier, honest !

Cindy Ecksol
Master Word Wielder
Master Word Wielder

Post by Cindy Ecksol »

Nice! I was there in spirit - does that make 16??

Cindy

josjoha
Passionate Protagonist
Passionate Protagonist

Post by josjoha »

SIXTEEEEEEEEEN !!!

If there are 90 CDS citizens, and SIXTEEN (wew !) protested, that is SEVENTEEN % !

17% in the USA would be (300m) 53 000 000 people in the streets protesting !
17% in the Nethelands (17m) would be 3 000 000 people !
These are great numbers, never in history have this many people protested in the USA or Netherlands (about 500 000 is the record in NL in the 70s, which was maybe 4%).

Beathan
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Beathan »

So, I forgot to take off my leather pants when I put on my legionnaire garb? Damn. That looks silly.

Beathan

Let's keep things simple enough to be fair, substantive enough to be effective, and insightful enough to be good.
Bromo Ivory
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Bromo Ivory »

Beathan wrote:

So, I forgot to take off my leather pants when I put on my legionnaire garb? Damn. That looks silly.

Beathan

I wasn't going to say a thing...

==
"Nenia peno nek provo donos lakton de bovo."

Ceasar Xigalia
Passionate Protagonist
Passionate Protagonist

Post by Ceasar Xigalia »

Don't forget I was there in spirit too, (working in RL)

Ceasar Xigalia,
“I'd take the awe of understanding over the awe of ignorance any day.”
― Douglas Adams, The Salmon of Doubt
josjoha
Passionate Protagonist
Passionate Protagonist

Post by josjoha »

Ceasar, I think Cleo had you represented by a model, at least at some point (the spot that I counted at least).

Return to “Events in CDS”