Announcements and transcripts of the Land Use Commission

Moderator: SC Moderators

anti Wirefly
Casual contributor
Casual contributor

LUC Transcript December 22 14

Post by anti Wirefly »

Leslie Allandale: Call to order, then -- with the caveat that all is recorded
Leslie Allandale: Before we start, I would like to mention that I have been scolded for LUC not being transparent.
Rosie Gray tries to find the Agenda
Josie Cooperstone (Josephine Fotherington): Oh?
anti Wirefly: yes my fault
Leslie Allandale: I am not sure how we need to be more so, but we should post both our minutes and documents pertaining to motions we have passed.
Leslie Allandale: As quickly as possible.
Leslie Allandale: Did you find the agenda Rosie?
anti Wirefly: I think Rosie clued me in well
Leslie Allandale: Can you put it in the box.
Rosie Gray: yes anti gave it to me
Leslie Allandale: great
Josie Cooperstone (Josephine Fotherington): I need an agenda for today's meeting...
Josie Cooperstone (Josephine Fotherington): Is it on the forum?
Leslie Allandale: We have enough to do, without having to deflect criticism.
Josie Cooperstone (Josephine Fotherington): got it - ty!
Leslie Allandale: Yes, I try to post the agenda 24 hours before the meeting, as well as documents that we are to discuss.
Rosie Gray puts up her hand
Leslie Allandale: Rosie, jump in
Rosie Gray: hehe
Rosie Gray: Les, when you are pposting things to the forums
Rosie Gray: the Agenda, etc.
Rosie Gray: can you please put the date of it in the title
Leslie Allandale: Yes
Rosie Gray: LUC 4 is not a good reference for me
Rosie Gray: thank you
Leslie Allandale: thanks for the comment
Rosie Gray: I got a couple of emails this morning from Pat too
Leslie Allandale: What do we do about approving minutes for the last two meetings?
Rosie Gray: well, we need to make motions to approve them!
anti Wirefly: Hi Callie Hi RG
Josie Cooperstone (Josephine Fotherington): Have we seen them?
Leslie Allandale: Can we look at them?
Rosie Gray: 3 Minutes, actually
Rosie Gray: they are on the forum this morning
anti Wirefly: they are on the forum and I already have some corrections
Rosie Gray: hi Calli
Leslie Allandale: Then shall we postpone a motion until the end of the meeting, so we can look at them?
Leslie Allandale: Then we can hear a motion to accept, with revisions added
Josie Cooperstone (Josephine Fotherington): That works for me
Leslie Allandale: motion?
Rosie Gray nods
Leslie Allandale: and a link?
Josie Cooperstone (Josephine Fotherington): I move that we postpone minutes approval until the end of this meeting
Rosie Gray: I move to postpone the approval of previous Minutes until the end of the meeting
Rosie Gray: lol
Rosie Gray: okay I second Josie's
Leslie Allandale: I take that as a motion and second
Leslie Allandale: all in favor?:
Josie Cooperstone (Josephine Fotherington): aye
Rosie Gray: aye
anti Wirefly: aye
Leslie Allandale: carried
Leslie Allandale: Has everyone read the agenda?
Rosie Gray nods
Leslie Allandale: I will include dates in the future.
anti Wirefly: for those just coming in I now understand a little more about the minutes and shouldbe much faster
Leslie Allandale: motion to accept agenda?
Josie Cooperstone (Josephine Fotherington): I move that we accept today's agenda
Leslie Allandale: second?
anti Wirefly: second
Leslie Allandale: vote
Leslie Allandale: We have been asked to endorse the Omnibus Bill
Rosie Gray: we need a link to it
Josie Cooperstone (Josephine Fotherington): I can get that
Leslie Allandale: It has been on the forum for weeks. Does anyone have comments
Rosie Gray: I need to look at it briefly again
Widget Whiteberry raises her hand
Leslie Allandale: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1IzN ... lpIu8/edit
Leslie Allandale: Widget
Rosie Gray: thank you
Josie Cooperstone (Josephine Fotherington): nvm!
Widget Whiteberry: I believe Coop sent it by email to the LUC ... in advance of posting to the Forums
Widget Whiteberry: and asked for comment.
Leslie Allandale: We have a lot of things on our desks, so if we are slacking, I hope you can understand,.
Leslie Allandale: any comments from the commissioners?
Widget Whiteberry: I do, yes... and don't consider it 'slacking.'
Josie Cooperstone (Josephine Fotherington): I would like to comment that this bill could be a streamlined solution to the multiple, and sometimes conflicting, methods of sim acquisition and launch.
Leslie Allandale: Anything else?
Josie Cooperstone (Josephine Fotherington): It IS possible to have a consistent procedure.
Josie Cooperstone (Josephine Fotherington): done
Rosie Gray: I think it will be very useful
Leslie Allandale: I have two questions for Coop
RG Cooperstone (RogueGeek Cooperstone): ok
Leslie Allandale: 1. Could the private developer section be exactly like the first, with the private developer taking on the role of designer/builder?
Leslie Allandale: In the public section there is a call for design, which would be given to the developer.
RG Cooperstone (RogueGeek Cooperstone): I don't think the language precludes that
Leslie Allandale: And there is a build phase, which would be given to the developer.
Leslie Allandale: In the private section, the luc is only included as a "sign off" party
Leslie Allandale: It has no other function
RG Cooperstone (RogueGeek Cooperstone): My intention was to provide a consistant framework with measurable milestones and some rules to play by
Callipygian Christensen raises her hand
RG Cooperstone (RogueGeek Cooperstone): I wanted to leave some wiggle room, while making sure there was accountability built in
Leslie Allandale: The other question is: there are many areas which require coordination between the LUC and Exec
Leslie Allandale: Calli?
Leslie Allandale: Please, feel free to jump in here, Calli
Callipygian Christensen: Is your question about making the two processes the same meant to lead to : no private developer can suggest unless RA authorizes..and with private development, why would LUC need anything more than final sign off and inspection?
Leslie Allandale: imho, if LUC is responsible for the look and feel of CDS, it should be brought into the process before being asked to approve it.
Callipygian Christensen: sorry - make 'authorizes' 'requests' which is how the process begins in the first section.
Leslie Allandale: Sure, the only difference I see, is that one is initiated by the RA, the other by a private developer.
Leslie Allandale: Why would the two processes differ after that?
Callipygian Christensen: LUC gets to approve the actual plan..that seems to be major involvement
RG Cooperstone (RogueGeek Cooperstone): raises hand
Leslie Allandale: Coop
Callipygian Christensen: RA then approves it..so mulitple opportunities to ensure the plan 'fits'
Callipygian Christensen: sorry..done
RG Cooperstone (RogueGeek Cooperstone): the deal is in the old laws, the way the private development was set up was that the exec and the developer do their thing and BLAMMO you basically had this thing on your doorstep with no oversite until it was supposed to be approved
RG Cooperstone (RogueGeek Cooperstone): the language was such that you could argue that there was nearly no review at all
Rosie Gray: and then you get a Dougga
Josie Cooperstone (Josephine Fotherington): (insert cross reference to Dougga)
RG Cooperstone (RogueGeek Cooperstone): all I wanted to do was bring that process in line with what was expected in 8-2, and add some milestones as touchpoints
Leslie Allandale: My comment is that since both procedures follow the same steps -- or could -- why can't they be written in the same section, with the "differences" to private development and public development referenced along the way.
Josie Cooperstone (Josephine Fotherington): hmm
RG Cooperstone (RogueGeek Cooperstone): I did it the way I did because it got too complex and confusing
Rosie Gray: I think separate sections makes it easier to follow
Josie Cooperstone (Josephine Fotherington): I agree with rosie
Callipygian Christensen nods in agreement with the potential for confusion
RG Cooperstone (RogueGeek Cooperstone): Widget can attest to the many fun hours we spent weeding through old laws
Josie Cooperstone (Josephine Fotherington): It's a readability and comprehension issue
Callipygian Christensen: and a 'when is comes before the SC, how easy is it to interpret ' issue :)
RG Cooperstone (RogueGeek Cooperstone): What she said
Leslie Allandale: The other challenge will be coordinating with the Chancellor, but we will just have to work that out.
Josie Cooperstone (Josephine Fotherington): Question for Leslie
RG Cooperstone (RogueGeek Cooperstone): if I may, the coordination bit is like being told to tie your shoe. Whether you use your left or your right isn;t the issue.
Leslie Allandale: Josie?
Josie Cooperstone (Josephine Fotherington): Would you like to see some clarification in the existing language in regards to the LUC's responsibilities?
Leslie Allandale: I think if we had an eternity, we could make perfect documents, however since we don't and perfect is the enemy of good, I think we should go with what we have.
Josie Cooperstone (Josephine Fotherington): Ok
Leslie Allandale: Is there a motion to endorse the Omnibus Bill
Leslie Allandale: Omnibus New Region Bill
Josie Cooperstone (Josephine Fotherington): Second
Rosie Gray: so moved
Josie Cooperstone (Josephine Fotherington): LOL
Josie Cooperstone (Josephine Fotherington): Ooops!
Josie Cooperstone (Josephine Fotherington): Second
Leslie Allandale: Rosie moved and Josie Seconded
Josie Cooperstone (Josephine Fotherington): there - less psychic
Leslie Allandale: vote?
Widget Whiteberry coughs
Rosie Gray: let's call it the Omnibus New Region Expansion Act
Leslie Allandale: Fine, can you state the montion?
Leslie Allandale: motion
Callipygian Christensen: Omnibus really isnt needed
Rosie Gray: I move that the LUC endorse the Omnibus New Region Expansion Act
Rosie Gray: no you're right Calli
Widget Whiteberry: I wonder if we have a conflict of interest issue with Josie vis this action ... appearance of conflic of interest
Josie Cooperstone (Josephine Fotherington): I can abstain
Rosie Gray: so I amend my motion to move that the LUC endorse the New Region Expansion Act
Josie Cooperstone (Josephine Fotherington): abstain
Leslie Allandale: aye
Widget Whiteberry: make sure the RA knows you have changed the name of the bill
Rosie Gray: the bill gets a number anyway
Rosie Gray: if they pass it
Widget Whiteberry nods
Leslie Allandale: Next is RFP
Callipygian Christensen: and that along with a vote on this, there isinclusion of what it is replacing and removal of the previous law t o the archive.
Leslie Allandale: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1FRd ... 2x88909t2o
Leslie Allandale: Is that something we need to address here, Cali?
Widget Whiteberry: Replaces NL 8-2 and NL 8-4
Callipygian Christensen: Leslie - if you are the endorsers (or whomever is) the info of 'this replaces' should always be part of what is sent to RA..so not sure - if you are asking for it to be on the agenda, then you provide the background and rationale?
Leslie Allandale: We are not presenting the bill to the RA, Callie, only adding our support.
Widget Whiteberry: I expect it's already on the agenda, via Law Review
Callipygian Christensen: Then hopefully Law Review has included that info
Pip
Callipygian Christensen: Then hopefully Law Review has included that info
Widget Whiteberry: yup
Rosie Gray: that's a good question Calli, because I wasn't aware of this
Rosie Gray: I thought we were going to be presenting it to the RA
Josie Cooperstone (Josephine Fotherington): I think it was already discussed (to an extent) in the last RA meeting?
RG Cooperstone (RogueGeek Cooperstone): The RA started discussing it last meeting
Josie Cooperstone (Josephine Fotherington): Does that qualify as "already presented"?
Rosie Gray: hmmm
Widget Whiteberry: At the last meeting, the question arose as to the LUC's opinion
Josie Cooperstone (Josephine Fotherington): Welcome Pip!
Pip Torok: tku
Leslie Allandale: Hi Pip
Rosie Gray: hi Pip
anti Wirefly: hi
Pip Torok: hifolks
Leslie Allandale whispers: So, LUC in its advisory capacity is endorsing the bill, not presenting it.
Rosie Gray: okay
Rosie Gray: perhaps we could be a little clearer on the outset about these things
Rosie Gray: since not everyone is involved with everything
Rosie Gray: it's hard to keep track
Leslie Allandale: My fault. I expected "endorse" to mean support, not submit.
Leslie Allandale: As in "sigh off."
Rosie Gray: nobody's fault Les, we are trying to do a lot!
RG Cooperstone (RogueGeek Cooperstone): since one of the things I was smacked over during the question session was did the LUC approve...
Rosie Gray: and I have a terrible memory, so if it's not written down, I forget
Leslie Allandale: I will try to be clearer, with out a lot of extr words.
Leslie Allandale: exta.
Leslie Allandale: extra
Josie Cooperstone (Josephine Fotherington): The RA meeting minutes were just posted this morning, and not all of us were there, we're all in catch up mode.
Leslie Allandale: there
Rosie Gray: well anyway, I'm fine with it
Leslie Allandale: Is RFP ready for motion?
Leslie Allandale: Josie, can you edit?
Rosie Gray: whoever created the document will need to create a link for viewing to anyone, for these Minutes
Rosie Gray: and to go to RA
Leslie Allandale: It is in the chat
Leslie Allandale: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1FRd ... 2x88909t2o
Rosie Gray: no, that is for people who can edit
anti Wirefly: maybe not
Rosie Gray: not sure than anyone can view
Josie Cooperstone (Josephine Fotherington): This is set as "anyone with a link can view"
Leslie Allandale: instructions said anyone with link can view
Rosie Gray: sorry, that is a technical detail that can be sorted out, but anti and I were just discussing this point as to how to include the links
Leslie Allandale: I will publish this to the forum when we agree
Rosie Gray: you can also publish the google doc too Les, as I did with the NEw Sim Commission Report
Leslie Allandale: What is the difference?
Rosie Gray: finalized document
Rosie Gray: and they are easy to link to from the portal that way too
Rosie Gray: hi Shep ?
Leslie Allandale: You can teach me after the session.
Rosie Gray: okay, lol
Rosie Gray: sorry for the distraction
Josie Cooperstone (Josephine Fotherington): There is one thing I see that should be added to this RFP document, just a slight clarification - and that is a link to Trebor's specs, as they are mentioned in #2
Shep (Shep Titian): Soooooo sorry
Leslie Allandale: Can someone put that in?
Rosie Gray: that link is in the New Sim Commission Report
Shep (Shep Titian): I thought the meeting was at 11
Rosie Gray: but it could be linked to separately
Leslie Allandale: Yes, Trebors link is inside the link to the commission report
Leslie Allandale: So it is included, though buried.
Josie Cooperstone (Josephine Fotherington): Would people know to look that far in?
Rosie Gray: http://gwynethllewelyn.net/colour-code/
Rosie Gray: oops, wrong link
Rosie Gray: http://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5259
Rosie Gray: and since I had to log into the forum to read Trebor's doc, this shows how using forum links isn't always the best way
Leslie Allandale: I would expect a submitter to read the document that is referenced in the RFP, yes, Coop
Josie Cooperstone (Josephine Fotherington): hmm
Josie Cooperstone (Josephine Fotherington): So...
Josie Cooperstone (Josephine Fotherington): If they can't access the document? Rosie says it requires a forum login to view.
RG Cooperstone (RogueGeek Cooperstone): but we did copy it out fully to the general page as well
Rosie Gray: where is that, Coop?
RG Cooperstone (RogueGeek Cooperstone): part of the issue is that without logging in the current forum software does not show things after a certain time
RG Cooperstone (RogueGeek Cooperstone): it is a part of the forum mechanics that frustrates me
RG Cooperstone (RogueGeek Cooperstone): but if you log in it works like a champ
Leslie Allandale: Is that a hardship we can't ask proposers to suffer?
RG Cooperstone (RogueGeek Cooperstone): http://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6169
RG Cooperstone (RogueGeek Cooperstone): I posted this on 14 October.
Rosie Gray: see that is all buried
Rosie Gray: I think Trebor's doc (as we call it) needs to be published separately so that it is easy to find
RG Cooperstone (RogueGeek Cooperstone): hang on
Rosie Gray: and with any amendments
Josie Cooperstone (Josephine Fotherington): I don't know the answer to that Leslie. One would HOPE that someone who is proposing a sim would have a forum account.
Josie Cooperstone (Josephine Fotherington): What would be the best way to do that from a document control standpoint Rosie?
Josie Cooperstone (Josephine Fotherington): (I agree with you btw)
Rosie Gray: well we could make a google doc, and publish it
Leslie Allandale: Yes, but in terms of our Request, do we need to do anything else?
Rosie Gray: so that it is a link that anyone can view
RG Cooperstone (RogueGeek Cooperstone): now try it
RG Cooperstone (RogueGeek Cooperstone): same link
Rosie Gray: if it is passed by the RA
Rosie Gray: it will be put out like this
Josie Cooperstone (Josephine Fotherington): The RFP looks good, I added the link to Treb's doc in the forum, but I'd like to change that link to the google doc Rosie publishes
Rosie Gray: so it does make it difficult for future people to reference
RG Cooperstone (RogueGeek Cooperstone): it sounds like we need another means of archiving.
Leslie Allandale whispers: If what is passed by the RA, R
Leslie Allandale: Rosie
Rosie Gray: the RFP
Josie Cooperstone (Josephine Fotherington): I know it sounds silly, but people will throw in the towel if they can't get what they need in 3 clicks.
Rosie Gray: I agree Josie
wording of the RFP
Rosie Gray: and put this out, then yeah it just adds to the 'red tape' which we are also trying to streamline
Josie Cooperstone (Josephine Fotherington) wondered that same thing last week re: inspection procedures :-)
Rosie Gray: anyway, I can take Trebor's doc and put it into a google doc and publish it if that's okay
Leslie Allandale: Yes
Rosie Gray: then it can be linked to directly from anyhere
Leslie Allandale: super
Rosie Gray adds it to the list of to-do's
Josie Cooperstone (Josephine Fotherington): And can you remove the forum link I put in the RFP and replace it with the one you create?
Shep (Shep Titian): Do you need his permission?
Rosie Gray: I don't think so Shep
Rosie Gray: no I cannot edit your doc Josie, I can only comment
Leslie Allandale: My question is, how do we announce this RFP, and when will we be able to do that?
Josie Cooperstone (Josephine Fotherington): Just pass me that link Rosie and I'll pop it in
Rosie Gray: I think we can announce it as soon as we approve it
Rosie Gray: okay but it will take me a little while to create it
Leslie Allandale: Can we get a motion to approve it, with the link to be added before it is published to the LUC announcements?
Josie Cooperstone (Josephine Fotherington): Shall we approve the RFP now? With the understanding the link will be in it ASAP?
Rosie Gray: yes I think we should
Leslie Allandale: Do you so move, Josie?
Josie Cooperstone (Josephine Fotherington): I move that we approve the RFP document.
Leslie Allandale: with the link to be added before it is published.
Leslie Allandale: discussion?
Rosie Gray: I'd like to see the actual name of the document be in the motion pleaase
Leslie Allandale: Can you restate the motion, Josie?
Josie Cooperstone (Josephine Fotherington): I move that we approve the LUC Request for Proposals document.
Rosie Gray: : NFS West*
Leslie Allandale: Yes it is RFP MFS West
Leslie Allandale: NFS
Josie Cooperstone (Josephine Fotherington): Ok so not a general procedure? One momen....
Josie Cooperstone (Josephine Fotherington): I move that we approve the LUC Request for Proposals: NFS West document.
Leslie Allandale: committee reports
Rosie Gray: Shep is here too Les
Leslie Allandale: Sorry
Leslie Allandale: Shep
Leslie Allandale: :(
Leslie Allandale: I am all in docs, and can't see anyone, lol.
Leslie Allandale: Carried, anyway.
Rosie Gray: well I just supplied the link to her, since whe arrived late, so she';s likely readin git
Leslie Allandale: Rosie. do you have anything from your committees?
Rosie Gray: um
Rosie Gray: one thing
Rosie Gray: just a moment please
Leslie Allandale: shoot
Shep (Shep Titian): Sorry abstein as I was reading the doc ..
Leslie Allandale: Thank you Shep, sorry I didn't wait for you.
Shep (Shep Titian): Nps
Rosie Gray: Draft CDS Covenants Revision
Rosie Gray: getting the link
Rosie Gray: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Dev ... sp=sharing
Josie Cooperstone (Josephine Fotherington): I was able to take a look at it and I give my approval.
Rosie Gray: this is a draft for revising the overall estate covenants, as per the guidelines from the other document developed by .... someone
Callipygian Christensen raises her hand
Leslie Allandale: Calli
Callipygian Christensen: Will these be published for public input? There are some specific changes and wording that people might want to comment on.
Leslie Allandale: what, specifically are you referring to Calli?
Callipygian Christensen: IN addition, if these are being recommended, could you also recommend that the bulk of covenant text be placed on the Web and links be put in the land tab - currently the amount of text is excruciating, and disorganized, and I doubt more than 1 in 10 actually read it.
Leslie Allandale: I agree, of course. and I think there has been some discussion around that issue
Rosie Gray: yeah making it easier to understand was the entire point of this
Josie Cooperstone (Josephine Fotherington): There was some overlapping work being done here - some of it by Law Review and some by LUC - I am not sure who is ultimately "in charge" of putting the draft out there for review.
Widget Whiteberry: Yes, this is a joint LR:LUC undertaking and will be published to the Forum, also yes re how the info is made available to citizens and prospective citizens.
Leslie Allandale: We are not overlapping, but working together
Widget Whiteberry: Josie, I believe publishing it is my responsibility ... once the team has agreed it's ready
Josie Cooperstone (Josephine Fotherington): "tasks that overlap the two bodies as they work on it in conjunction with each other"
Callipygian Christensen: as for specific diffferences: reference to nudity: removal of the ban on pornography (and hot tubs)
Rosie Gray: maybe a link to a published document should be included right off the top then
Rosie Gray: no there is still a ban on pornography
Rosie Gray: #10
Leslie Allandale: I have a question.
Callipygian Christensen: oh..sorry..paged over that
Leslie Allandale: nm
Rosie Gray: there were some comments from a number of people that removing the ban on hot tubs would be a good idea
Callipygian Christensen: I'd also like the no weapons to be clearer about what it means
Leslie Allandale: What is the time frame for putting this up for discussion, widget?
Widget Whiteberry: Les, I expec the 4 of us to meet once more before we post publicly
Callipygian Christensen: I cant wear a bow as part of an outfit? I can't shoot people with a cupcake launcher? Is the ban on visibile weapons or on *use* of weapons of a sepcific type yada yada
Leslie Allandale: KK, I will try to get to it this evening.
Rosie Gray: hmmm... getting pretty wordy again with those clarifications Calli
Callipygian Christensen: done - I think lol
Widget Whiteberry: good points all, Calli
Leslie Allandale: Yes, ban squirt guns and snowballs.
Widget Whiteberry smirks
Callipygian Christensen: well, this isnt to start up a history regurgitation of somethine we've all heard too many times..but a point to ponder..is a tank a weapon?
Callipygian Christensen: So I think in this case a bit more wordy might be worthwhile
Rosie Gray: good point
Josie Cooperstone (Josephine Fotherington): That sounds like a riddle "when is a tank not a weapon..."
Shep (Shep Titian): Depends on if it has working guns
Josie Cooperstone (Josephine Fotherington) grins
Leslie Allandale: what is a gun?
Leslie Allandale: So, Josie
Leslie Allandale: gavel is yours
Rosie Gray: by that thinking, a car could be a weapon
Rosie Gray: or even a horse and buggy
Leslie Allandale: or a gavel
Leslie Allandale: in two senses
Rosie Gray: or a candlestick in the library
Rosie Gray: ?
Josie Cooperstone (Josephine Fotherington): We have just accomplished the next step in the new sim process, just a few minutes ago by approving the RFP! That's all I have. :-)
Leslie Allandale: super
Rosie Gray: perhaps the next step is to publish this draft of the overall covenants to the forum and ask for comments
Leslie Allandale: Exactly
Rosie Gray: does that make sense?
Leslie Allandale: I think Widget wants to do another meeting before that
Shep (Shep Titian): Group chat also .... tell folks its on the forum but can be discussed in group chat
Leslie Allandale: Shep of anti, any old business?
anti Wirefly: none here
Rosie Gray: I don't think discussing in group chat would be very practical Shep
Shep (Shep Titian): No not today ... I'll be more prepared next time .. as long as I get the time right
Callipygian Christensen: There ia a mailbox sytem for people to drop notecards in CDS inventory
Leslie Allandale: How does that system work, Calli?
Callipygian Christensen: Why not , when you want input and the Forums may not be enough, put out a box with a notecard of info about any item andinvite people to drop a notecard in the mailbox?
Callipygian Christensen: Id' have to go back and check details Leslie, but you can set it to timestamp notecards, and group members can touch to see the notecards init and get copies and so on iirc
Rosie Gray: that sounds like more work than just commenting on the forums
Widget Whiteberry definitely wants another work session before publishing .... and nice idea re a notecard box
Widget Whiteberry: the idea is to give people multiple avenues for feedback/iput
Callipygian Christensen: Its a method of inworld input that doesnt require a citizen to be a forum member or attend a specicif time of day meeting *shrug*
Rosie Gray nods
Widget Whiteberry: input* ... done
Shep (Shep Titian): Can I ask before next meeting .. that you think about the exec's role here
Widget Whiteberry: Calli, I'd appreciate the details on that.
Shep (Shep Titian): What do you think iot should be
Leslie Allandale: You are a member, nominated by the Chancellor, but not different from the rest of us in any other way, Ship
Leslie Allandale: shep
Leslie Allandale: But since you come from his nomination, it is assumed that you would be the best liaison with that office
Shep (Shep Titian): No I was'nt planning a take over hahahaha not my style
Leslie Allandale: smiles
Shep (Shep Titian): undoubtedly .. being the same timeline also helps
Leslie Allandale: Exactly
Rosie Gray: Shep, I believe you said that you were given full representation ability by the Chancellor, during the last meeting
Shep (Shep Titian): Yes ... I'm a bit concerned really
Josie Cooperstone (Josephine Fotherington): I think you are the same as the rest of us. You just keep him in the loop with direct communication. Or am I wrong?
Leslie Allandale: That was my hope
Shep (Shep Titian): If its a true ... you do it shep .. that's a lot of power
anti Wirefly: that is the beauty of delegation
Rosie Gray: I think it is your responsibility to communicate with the Chancellor what is going on in this commission
Rosie Gray: and to represent however you have discussed that with him
anti Wirefly can'tstay much longer
Leslie Allandale: At least we have people here who care about the community, If we keep plugging along in the right direction, it will work out
Rosie Gray: ?
Leslie Allandale: Yes, anti
Shep (Shep Titian): I need to clarify with him really
Josie Cooperstone (Josephine Fotherington): There are 7 of us, so it's not like you can overrule the majority if we don't agree.
Leslie Allandale: Can we get a motion to approve the agenda?
Leslie Allandale: before anti leaves
Rosie Gray: you mean the Minutes?
Leslie Allandale: I mean minutes, ty rosie
Josie Cooperstone (Josephine Fotherington): so moved
Leslie Allandale: second?
anti Wirefly: the corrections I have already are to add links and a formatting issue
Leslie Allandale: with proposed corrections!
Rosie Gray: second
Leslie Allandale: all in favor?
Shep (Shep Titian): aye
Leslie Allandale: carries
Leslie Allandale: next meeting in a week?
Shep (Shep Titian): sure
Josie Cooperstone (Josephine Fotherington): At this same time? 10am SLT?
Leslie Allandale: yes
Rosie Gray: is that January 5?
Shep (Shep Titian): ok
anti Wirefly: Dec 29
Rosie Gray: err... no Dec 29 rather
Leslie Allandale: yes
Rosie Gray: sorry no I can't then
Leslie Allandale: then the 5th?
Rosie Gray: 5th is good for me, or you can all meet on Dec 29
anti Wirefly: should work for me
Rosie Gray: anyway
Leslie Allandale: I will work for a meeting on the 5th
Leslie Allandale: If there is a problem, I will doodle.
Leslie Allandale: Any questions from the Citizens?
Pip Torok: not from me
Josie Cooperstone (Josephine Fotherington): (Coop is afk - none from him)
RG Cooperstone (RogueGeek Cooperstone): no
Josie Cooperstone (Josephine Fotherington): Ha!
Rosie Gray laughs
RG Cooperstone (RogueGeek Cooperstone): she can even drink water
Leslie Allandale: motion to adjourn>?
anti Wirefly: I so move
Josie Cooperstone (Josephine Fotherington): second
Widget Whiteberry: I'll be in touch re LR:LUC meeting to look again at Covenants
Leslie Allandale: vote?
Leslie Allandale: Ms, titan?
Shep (Shep Titian): aye
Leslie Allandale: done, ty everyon

Return to “Land Use Commission-Announcements”