Transcript of LUC Meeting of 16 April 2016

Announcements and transcripts of the Land Use Commission

Moderator: SC Moderators

Post Reply
User avatar
Aedan Charron
Casual contributor
Casual contributor
Posts: 41
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:17 am
Location: Locus Amoenus
Contact:

Transcript of LUC Meeting of 16 April 2016

Post by Aedan Charron »

The following is a transcript of the LUC meeting held Saturday, April 16, 2016 on the Quay in Locus Amoenus. The meeting began at 11:09am and ran just short of two hours to end at 12:58pm.

One of the primary topics of this meeting concerned Friedsee and all that is involved in the conversion to a Homestead region, before and after the process.

Delia Lake, RG Cooperstone (roguegeek.cooperstone), and Aedan (Aedan Charron) were present. Anj Herbit has resigned from his position on the LUC

A number of citizens and officials were also present

================
Summary
==================

The meeting was called to order at 11:09am.

No modifications or additions to the prior meeting (9 April 2016) were recommended.

Delia noted that the link to the LUC law was on the agenda and would continue to be to enable others to easily verify the enabling legislation of the LUC ( http://portal.slcds.info/index.php/code-of-laws/ )

Old Business
The review of all the regions is underway. There was some discussion of what is and is not expected to be addressed in this review. When the review is complete, a copy will be given to the Chancellor and a summary will be posted to the forum.

The citizen survey first proposed in the previous meeting was discussed. Publishing the survey and harvesting the results is important in the very near future with the impending changes to Friedsee and for general guidance of the LUC so it was determined to solicit additional input for questions before using survey monkey to actually conduct the poll. ( http://forum.slcds.info/viewtopic.php?f ... 53e7977622 )

The chart of the Grand Master Plan was presented to display the most recent vision of a ‘continental’ CDS in which all perimeter regions return to Linden water in a more natural manner as a reminder of the current long term goals and because it needs updating to reflect the addition of Friedsee. It was suggested and agreed that the impending update of the GMP should be completed in this term of the LUC but only after the region assessments and citizen survey had been completed and taken into account.

New Business

The Chancellor presented the LUC with a document showing the current status of Friedsee as preparations are made to convert the region to a Homestead region. The prim count is currently low enough that the conversion could happen without loss. Residents of Friedsee are being contacted about the move and to learn their desires. There remains much work to do to ensure the estate remains aesthetically pleasing and pulls it’s own weight. Coop noted that the allotment of prims for public spaces and infrastructure would be critical when planning the area to ensure that the expense to residents wasn’t too high. There was much discussion about various options of creating a reasonable balance. The LUC will create and put forward some proposals.

Anj has resigned from his position on the LUC so the RA will need to appoint another citizen to fill that seat.

The next meeting of the LUC will be in approximately two weeks with the date and time determined after collaboration. Notice of said meeting will be publicly announced.

The meeting was adjourned at 12:58pm

------------------------------------
Meeting Transcript
------------------------------------


[2016/04/16 11:09] Delia Lake: so let's get going

[2016/04/16 11:09] Delia Lake: we will be transcripted and the transcript posted

[2016/04/16 11:09] Delia Lake: it is a public meeting

[2016/04/16 11:09] Delia Lake: call to order at 11:09

[2016/04/16 11:10] Delia Lake: first, are their any comments or modifications on the agenda?

[2016/04/16 11:10] Aedan (aedan.charron): shakes his head "no"

[2016/04/16 11:10] Lilith Ivory: waves hi

[2016/04/16 11:10] Rosie Gray: hi Lilith

[2016/04/16 11:10] Delia Lake: Hi Lil

[2016/04/16 11:11] Aedan (aedan.charron): Morning, Lilith

[2016/04/16 11:11] Delia Lake: if there are no changes let's move on through

[2016/04/16 11:11] Delia Lake: thanks for keeping and posting the transcript, Aedan

[2016/04/16 11:11] Aedan (aedan.charron): I'll be a bit more organized this next time ;)

[2016/04/16 11:11] Delia Lake: it looked good to me. does anyone have anything that should have been added to the transcript?

[2016/04/16 11:12] RG Cooperstone (roguegeek.cooperstone): I don't

[2016/04/16 11:12] Delia Lake: ok

[2016/04/16 11:13] Delia Lake: I have put the link to the LUC law on this agenda and intend to do that for every agenda so we or anyone else who comes to the meetings will be able to check our enabling legislation easily

[2016/04/16 11:13] Delia Lake: Old business

[2016/04/16 11:13] Delia Lake: we started on the review of regions last week

[2016/04/16 11:14] Delia Lake: are there anythings in reading over the guidelines for assessment that people want to change or anything to add? or are they ok the way they are for this first go around?

[2016/04/16 11:16] Aedan (aedan.charron): I believe the are acceptable this first time around - as long as I understood it to be that I should be focusing on the public structures, infrastructure and those buildings that are rented in place.

[2016/04/16 11:16] Delia Lake: Aedan, you were working with the document and doing your assessment of LA this week. lag :)

[2016/04/16 11:16] Delia Lake: that's the first priority, yes

[2016/04/16 11:17] Aedan (aedan.charron): Yes, I am mostly done. I wasn't able to get a close look at the beach for the last couple of days while other options were under consideration but I'll get right back on that today.

[2016/04/16 11:17] Delia Lake: we do also need to look at the exterior of the private buildings, especially to check that they are within the covenants. not to do anything about that but to pass that info on to the Chancellor should anything be out of order

[2016/04/16 11:18] Aedan (aedan.charron): nods

[2016/04/16 11:18] Delia Lake: I've started on AM.

[2016/04/16 11:18] RG Cooperstone (roguegeek.cooperstone): I'm working on NFS as well

[2016/04/16 11:18] Delia Lake: when we are done the LUC will give notecards to the chancellor and post summaries on the Forum

[2016/04/16 11:19] Delia Lake: AM has no public buildings other than the hub kiosk, but lots of public land and paths

[2016/04/16 11:20] Delia Lake: walking through, though Im not done yet, it does seem that the hub kiosk should be replaced. it's roman and old and not in keeping with the theme

[2016/04/16 11:20] Delia Lake: any questions about the process?

[2016/04/16 11:21] Rosie Gray: I have a question

[2016/04/16 11:21] Rosie Gray: if I may

[2016/04/16 11:21] Delia Lake: yes Rosie

[2016/04/16 11:21] Rosie Gray: you mentioned some guidelines for assessment, and I just wondered what they were

[2016/04/16 11:22] Delia Lake: I thought they had been published last term but will post them to the Forum again today immediately following the meeting

[2016/04/16 11:22] RG Cooperstone (roguegeek.cooperstone): I bet you won't, unless it comes back up

[2016/04/16 11:22] Delia Lake: I'd do it now but can't access that doc on this computer

[2016/04/16 11:23] Delia Lake: but basically we are looking at the infrastructure, landscape and buildings on each region to get a baseline assessment

[2016/04/16 11:24] Delia Lake: as we all know, for instance, CN has some old builds and could benefit from some updating in addition to what has already been done with the recent Praetorium

[2016/04/16 11:25] Delia Lake: it should be a useful set of data for a chancellor

[2016/04/16 11:25] Delia Lake: and for the LUC

[2016/04/16 11:27] Delia Lake: we have also started to develop guidelines for new public builds, not detailed or restrictive but just to have to give to builders who may be contracted to do public buildings in the future

[2016/04/16 11:28] Rosie Gray: ah okay, good idea

[2016/04/16 11:29] Delia Lake: by next LUC meeting we should have a draft published on that for comments

[2016/04/16 11:30] Delia Lake: any comments from LUC members now re guidelines for builders of new constructions?

[2016/04/16 11:31] Aedan (aedan.charron): shakes his head " I may have gotten lost in the region survey and didn't notice but is there google doc started for this ?"

[2016/04/16 11:31] Delia Lake: The next thing is the survey of CDS citizens. the draft is in the agenda box so everyone should have a copy

[2016/04/16 11:32] Delia Lake: yes Aedan there is a google doc beginning draft in the LUC folder

[2016/04/16 11:32] Aedan (aedan.charron): Ok, Thank you.

[2016/04/16 11:32] Delia Lake: the assessment is more important at this time though

[2016/04/16 11:33] Delia Lake: the survey draft is designed to be simple yet gather information from citizens relative to the work that is assigned to the LUC, so we don't guess what is important to our citizens

[2016/04/16 11:35] Rosie Gray: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nAc ... sp=sharing

[2016/04/16 11:35] Delia Lake: we could ask many more questions but in my experience the more simple and easy and relevant to concerns a survey is the mmore people go and answer it

[2016/04/16 11:35] Aedan (aedan.charron): nods as he re-reads the list.

[2016/04/16 11:35] Delia Lake: thanks, Rosie

[2016/04/16 11:35] Rosie Gray: just found it

[2016/04/16 11:36] Delia Lake: Les had drafted some additional questions that I had hoped he would be here to share with everyone

[2016/04/16 11:36] Delia Lake: since he isn't, and we need information rather quickly

[2016/04/16 11:37] Aedan (aedan.charron): Yes, I recall that he and Han were both going to work on some additional questions.

[2016/04/16 11:38] Delia Lake: I'm thinking we might do a 2 part survey. this one we are looking at now, and do that this week, nd then follow up with some of the questions that LLes has drafted so that people who want to go deeper in would have an opportunityy to give more specific and detailed responses

[2016/04/16 11:39] Delia Lake: I'm pushing to do the first survey this week because we have other matters such as Friedsee to look at and I think it's important to have some of this information as background for us

[2016/04/16 11:39] Delia Lake: what do you all think?

[2016/04/16 11:40] Aedan (aedan.charron): nods "I don't see anything wrong with doing it in two parts. I don't think it ever hurts to ask for opinions.

[2016/04/16 11:40] Delia Lake: Coop?

[2016/04/16 11:40] RG Cooperstone (roguegeek.cooperstone): It's a good idea to keep it as simple as possible so people will be encouraged to respond

[2016/04/16 11:41] RG Cooperstone (roguegeek.cooperstone): so 2 parts would be good

[2016/04/16 11:41] Aedan (aedan.charron): nods

[2016/04/16 11:41] Delia Lake: ok. do you have any changes or additions to this survey the way it stands?

[2016/04/16 11:42] RG Cooperstone (roguegeek.cooperstone): I'd like to float that one and see what kinds of respnses we get, then we can mod the other one accordingly

[2016/04/16 11:42] Delia Lake: post this draft to the Forum today?

[2016/04/16 11:43] Aedan (aedan.charron): I agree that it is a good start...and 10 questions seems about right. I can't think of anything I'd remove from this to add in it's place just yet.

[2016/04/16 11:43] RG Cooperstone (roguegeek.cooperstone): if we can

[2016/04/16 11:43] Delia Lake: on a public thread so we can get comments?

[2016/04/16 11:44] Rosie Gray: you want to get comments about what questions to have?

[2016/04/16 11:44] Delia Lake: yes, and realistically we will probably get other comments from people as well

[2016/04/16 11:45] Delia Lake: I think we should still after a few days of comments use survey monkey so results get tabulated

[2016/04/16 11:46] Aedan (aedan.charron): ok...I was thinking survey monkey would be much more efficient than fishing through all the comments this might draw if posed in the forum.

[2016/04/16 11:46] Delia Lake: unless someone else wants to, I'll post this draft today

[2016/04/16 11:47] Delia Lake: or actually as Sec, Aedan perhaps you should do it

[2016/04/16 11:47] Aedan (aedan.charron): I can do that.

[2016/04/16 11:47] Delia Lake: very good

[2016/04/16 11:48] Delia Lake: back to the master plan

[2016/04/16 11:49] Delia Lake: the plan as shown in the picture to my left and in the text in the box was done during a previous LUC in 2015

[2016/04/16 11:49] Delia Lake: Rosie and Timo were the leads on it

[2016/04/16 11:50] Aedan (aedan.charron): nods "This is the first time I've seen this pic. Great concept.

[2016/04/16 11:50] Delia Lake: it will need to be updated because Friedsee on the plan is a gray square :)) because it wasn't constructed at that time

[2016/04/16 11:50] Rosie Gray: it brought down the GMP from something like 50 odd regions, lol

[2016/04/16 11:50] Rosie Gray: the first one was extremely ambitious

[2016/04/16 11:50] Aedan (aedan.charron): Yes!

[2016/04/16 11:51] Delia Lake: yes. the 2008 version was done when sl was growing leaps and bounds, before that expansion was cut short by rl events

[2016/04/16 11:52] Delia Lake: the master plan an excellent overview

[2016/04/16 11:53] Delia Lake: and our review of regions and the covenants should be coordinated with the plan as it stands and updates this LUC might make

[2016/04/16 11:55] Delia Lake: imo updating the master plan should follow after the region by region assessments, and the citizen surveys

[2016/04/16 11:56] Delia Lake: and should be done this term

[2016/04/16 11:56] Delia Lake: comments or questions?

[2016/04/16 11:57] Delia Lake: if not I'd like to move on to New Business and a discussion of Friedsee

[2016/04/16 11:57] RG Cooperstone (roguegeek.cooperstone): I think we have time to talk about the GMP

[2016/04/16 11:57] Aedan (aedan.charron): I agree that we should pursue accomplishing this in this term.

[2016/04/16 11:58] Delia Lake: Rosie, since you are here, would you update everyone on what is going on so far regarding Friedsee?

[2016/04/16 11:58] Rosie Gray: sure

[2016/04/16 11:58] Rosie Gray: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1cjh ... sp=sharing

[2016/04/16 11:58] Rosie Gray: here is a document that gives the current status of FS

[2016/04/16 11:59] Rosie Gray: I've been asking all who live there what they want to do with their parcels, what their preferences are

[2016/04/16 11:59] Rosie Gray: Grey Ashdene seems really hard to get a hold of, and hasn't replied yet

[2016/04/16 11:59] Rosie Gray: Han has replied, but not with a definitive answer, lol

[2016/04/16 11:59] Rosie Gray: anyway

[2016/04/16 12:00] Rosie Gray: I've removed all of the unoccupied parcels and merged them into the common lands

[2016/04/16 12:00] Rosie Gray: and done a count of everything existing, as you see

[2016/04/16 12:00] Rosie Gray: right at this very minute, if we did the downgrade to a homestead, the existing prims on the region would all stay as is

[2016/04/16 12:01] Delia Lake: I don't know what timezone Grey is in but over the years I find I don't run into him during my east coast US time in sl

[2016/04/16 12:01] Rosie Gray: since they are under the total number a homestead supports

[2016/04/16 12:01] Rosie Gray: I haven't either Delia

[2016/04/16 12:01] Rosie Gray: can't say I've really even met him

[2016/04/16 12:01] Rosie Gray: so, anyway this is up to date for what is existing

[2016/04/16 12:02] Delia Lake: I have met him. he had a law office on the platz where your store is, Rosie, for quite a few years

[2016/04/16 12:02] Rosie Gray: and you can see that Lilith, Delia, and myself have been making some comments

[2016/04/16 12:02] Rosie Gray: the way I am looking at it is, that we need to have some kind of feature public focal point, and maybe the chalet is it

[2016/04/16 12:03] Rosie Gray: but, of course need to know what the LUC members think about it and what the recommendation might be

[2016/04/16 12:03] Rosie Gray: done

[2016/04/16 12:05] Delia Lake: as I posted as a comment to your update, Rosie, the region was designed to have a densely populated hamlet. that didn't come to be and now will not. and a number of the plots are tiered so that they can accommodate large country homes. that will not happen on a homestead either

[2016/04/16 12:05] Aedan (aedan.charron): In my short time here, the Chalet and airport were all I was aware of as being public. If we are still able to keep both of those and please the existing residents, I think that's a great start.

[2016/04/16 12:05] RG Cooperstone (roguegeek.cooperstone): I've been working on my calculations for parcels and public land

[2016/04/16 12:06] RG Cooperstone (roguegeek.cooperstone): in order to make it financially viable, and not have to raise tier a great deal, we're going to need to stay close to a 350 prim total for public infrastructure

[2016/04/16 12:07] RG Cooperstone (roguegeek.cooperstone): you can go higher, but then you'll have to raise the private parcel costs to break even

[2016/04/16 12:07] Delia Lake: and I've been thinking about possible landscape revisions that would reduce the number of public prims used and remove the look of flat deserted plots

[2016/04/16 12:07] Rosie Gray: today I removed the 12 prim bridge and replaced it with a 2 prim one

[2016/04/16 12:08] Rosie Gray: and removed some of the road that had no buildings on it anymore

[2016/04/16 12:08] Delia Lake: ok

[2016/04/16 12:08] Rosie Gray: but the numbers on the doc are up to date

[2016/04/16 12:08] Delia Lake: the doc is very helpful all around

[2016/04/16 12:09] Tanoujin Milestone: raises hand

[2016/04/16 12:11] Delia Lake: given that we really want to have an aesthetically pleasing estate as well as regions that pull their own weight, I'm thinking that the
LUC might want to develop and put forth some proposals for making some modifications to Friedsee, and of course respecting the ownership of the plots of current citizens there

[2016/04/16 12:11] Delia Lake: yes Tan

[2016/04/16 12:11] Delia Lake: oop we lost Lil

[2016/04/16 12:12] Tanoujin Milestone: thanks. I would be willing to adopt the airport or the chalet if needed, if i is true we have to reduce the public prims drastically

[2016/04/16 12:12] Free Radar HUD: v1.1 by Crystal Gadgets

[2016/04/16 12:12] Tanoujin Milestone: please keep that in mind, done

[2016/04/16 12:12] Rosie Gray: welcome back Lil

[2016/04/16 12:12] Tanoujin Milestone: wb, Liith

[2016/04/16 12:12] Delia Lake: wb Lil

[2016/04/16 12:12] Rosie Gray: that's very generous of you Tan

[2016/04/16 12:12] Lilith Ivory: thank you

[2016/04/16 12:13] Tanoujin Milestone: i have a preference for developed parcels ;)

[2016/04/16 12:13] Tanoujin Milestone: in public use, as well

[2016/04/16 12:13] Delia Lake: :)

[2016/04/16 12:13] Rosie Gray: ㋡

[2016/04/16 12:14] RG Cooperstone (roguegeek.cooperstone): Thank you for that, and it isn't an if. The public primcount will have to be tight

[2016/04/16 12:16] Delia Lake: what do you all think? would it be helpful and beneficial for the LUC to take a serious look at Friedsee and then propose some options for what might be done within the prim count and financial carrying costs, while still being an attractive destination?

[2016/04/16 12:17] Rosie Gray: I think it would be very helpful

[2016/04/16 12:17] Aedan (aedan.charron): Then I think we should.

[2016/04/16 12:18] Delia Lake: Coop?

[2016/04/16 12:18] Rosie Gray: would like to mention, that Lilith's preference is to change the multiplyer (which I'm sure needs to be done anyway), and have more space for the allocated number of prims

[2016/04/16 12:18] Delia Lake: that certainly should be a consideration

[2016/04/16 12:18] RG Cooperstone (roguegeek.cooperstone): I think looking at it is a good idea

[2016/04/16 12:18] Rosie Gray: so if that were done for all the private parcels, then things would be more spread out

[2016/04/16 12:18] Lilith Ivory: the parcels in Monastery were always too small for my taste

[2016/04/16 12:19] Lilith Ivory: hard to place a nice house there, no matter how many prims are available

[2016/04/16 12:19] Rosie Gray: it makes sense I think, given that you can do so much more now with fewer prims

[2016/04/16 12:20] Delia Lake: yes mesh has changed the building so much

[2016/04/16 12:20] Rosie Gray: and all the trees and things too

[2016/04/16 12:20] Delia Lake: yes

[2016/04/16 12:20] Lilith Ivory: and I also think if people have a bigger parcel and are able to place trees there we need less on public land ;-)

[2016/04/16 12:20] Rosie Gray: yes!

[2016/04/16 12:21] Lilith Ivory: I wish I had more space in Monastery to place a few more trees there

[2016/04/16 12:22] Delia Lake: this to me makes it all the more urgent that we do the survey

[2016/04/16 12:22] Delia Lake: so we will have a better idea of wht is important to the citizens

[2016/04/16 12:24] Lilith Ivory: nods

[2016/04/16 12:24] Rosie Gray: might want to hurry it up then, or we will be past the time to downgrade the sim and save the associated money for another month

[2016/04/16 12:24] Delia Lake: yes

[2016/04/16 12:24] Aedan (aedan.charron): nods "and if we go the route of letting the resident populate the forests, that needs to be covered in the covenant when it is redone."

[2016/04/16 12:24] Delia Lake: this all needs to be done as quickly as possib

[2016/04/16 12:24] Delia Lake: le

[2016/04/16 12:25] Rosie Gray: good point about the covenant, Aedan

[2016/04/16 12:25] Delia Lake: well Friedsee is right now under the prim limit for a homestead, isn't it?

[2016/04/16 12:25] Rosie Gray: yes it is Delia

[2016/04/16 12:26] Rosie Gray: one thing I am not sure of though, is if we went ahead and just did the downgrade now, what would happen to the private parcels?

[2016/04/16 12:26] Rosie Gray: I mean, the prim counts are good

[2016/04/16 12:27] Rosie Gray: but does the change mean that it would affect how many prims are allowed on a private parcel, or would it return them

[2016/04/16 12:27] Rosie Gray: this I don't know

[2016/04/16 12:27] RG Cooperstone (roguegeek.cooperstone): I don't think it will

[2016/04/16 12:27] Delia Lake: say more. are you thinking tht downgrade would affect the parceling?

[2016/04/16 12:27] RG Cooperstone (roguegeek.cooperstone): I don't

[2016/04/16 12:28] RG Cooperstone (roguegeek.cooperstone): the max prims per sim won't mess with the parcels as long as the total stays under 3750

[2016/04/16 12:28] Delia Lake: my experience is that the homestead overall prims count but not where they are or who owns them

[2016/04/16 12:28] Rosie Gray: have you had some experience with this kind of thing, Coop?

[2016/04/16 12:28] RG Cooperstone (roguegeek.cooperstone): Yes I have

[2016/04/16 12:28] Rosie Gray: I'm thinking that you are right, but it would nice to know for sure

[2016/04/16 12:28] Rosie Gray: okay

[2016/04/16 12:28] Rosie Gray: well that's excellent then

[2016/04/16 12:29] RG Cooperstone (roguegeek.cooperstone): the big thing is make sure that the number of private parcels max prim count don't go over 3750

[2016/04/16 12:29] Rosie Gray: so we can at any time now proceed to the downgrading and then grandfathering

[2016/04/16 12:29] Delia Lake: I would think so

[2016/04/16 12:29] Rosie Gray: that would be good to get done, to make sure we save that money

[2016/04/16 12:30] Delia Lake: but as Sudane posted it has to be done by the end of this month but not before

[2016/04/16 12:30] Rosie Gray: yes

[2016/04/16 12:30] Rosie Gray: but to give them a little leeway, since we don't know how quickly LL will do it

[2016/04/16 12:30] Rosie Gray: not to leave it unil the last 2 days

[2016/04/16 12:30] RG Cooperstone (roguegeek.cooperstone): they did the other pretty quickly, but that is not a promise

[2016/04/16 12:31] Rosie Gray: indeed

[2016/04/16 12:32] Lilith Ivory: I think the multibler is important after downgrading

[2016/04/16 12:32] Tanoujin Milestone: excuse me, RL... see you all later

[2016/04/16 12:32] Rosie Gray: see you Tan!

[2016/04/16 12:32] Delia Lake: regarding LUC work, I suggest that we post to the Forum at the head of this transcript that we will be looking at Friedsee and what alternatives there are for making it an attractive homestead region within the prim and financial requirements.

[2016/04/16 12:33] Delia Lake: so that everyone who is interested will know what we are doing

[2016/04/16 12:33] Rosie Gray: and a recommended new Covenant too, perhaps?

[2016/04/16 12:33] Aedan (aedan.charron): nods

[2016/04/16 12:33] Delia Lake: it will have to have a new covenant, so yes

[2016/04/16 12:33] RG Cooperstone (roguegeek.cooperstone): does that mean that theme is still the same?

[2016/04/16 12:34] Delia Lake: don't know. we might want to put that on the table as well

[2016/04/16 12:34] Rosie Gray: according to the GMP, it would remain 'Middle European'

[2016/04/16 12:34] Rosie Gray: but other than that, it could change

[2016/04/16 12:34] Rosie Gray: obviously it needs to blend with Monastery and Neufreistadt

[2016/04/16 12:35] Rosie Gray: also, keep in mind that the people who remain there would likely want it to keep its general flavour

[2016/04/16 12:35] Delia Lake: could stay the same but could change if that turned out to be the best thing. and I don't think I'd recommend we change to a Brazilian or Japanese theme :)

[2016/04/16 12:36] Delia Lake: yes we most certainly should listen to the concerns of the people who remain

[2016/04/16 12:37] Aedan (aedan.charron): Yes, they certainly need a say in this as they've been disrupted a bit by all of this.

[2016/04/16 12:38] Delia Lake: one thing we did for redeveloping LA, for the rivers in AM and Monastery and for Friedsee is to do some research via the web about rl places that fit with the cds estate

[2016/04/16 12:38] Delia Lake: for instance here on LA one of the sets of photos I collected and posted was from Orbetello, Tuscany

[2016/04/16 12:39] Delia Lake: the photos provide a helpful backdrop and spark Ideas I've found

[2016/04/16 12:39] Rosie Gray: I've had some thoughts about what might make it easy to do

[2016/04/16 12:40] Rosie Gray: since you don't want to be messing with the existing private parcels

[2016/04/16 12:40] Delia Lake: or we don't unless the parcel owners want that

[2016/04/16 12:40] Rosie Gray: yes, but from my talks with most, they are basically wanting them to stay much the way they are

[2016/04/16 12:41] Rosie Gray: except for making the parcels bigger ;)

[2016/04/16 12:41] Delia Lake: and depending on what is proposed they may or may not

[2016/04/16 12:41] Rosie Gray: yes

[2016/04/16 12:41] Delia Lake: but consideration for their parcels and wishes and concerns must be included

[2016/04/16 12:41] Rosie Gray: but there are some things that would seem quite straighforward to do

[2016/04/16 12:42] Rosie Gray: like removing the public seating area and little pagoda

[2016/04/16 12:42] Rosie Gray: just simplifying it down

[2016/04/16 12:42] Rosie Gray: maybe take out the little island and expand the water

[2016/04/16 12:42] Delia Lake: without a hamlet that no longer needs to be there

[2016/04/16 12:42] Rosie Gray: right

[2016/04/16 12:43] Rosie Gray: maybe Han and Andrew would like to be moved to near where Mizou's cafe is, and then it would still be a little hamlet.. don't know

[2016/04/16 12:43] Delia Lake: I can take that today

[2016/04/16 12:43] Rosie Gray: anyway, just some ideas

[2016/04/16 12:43] Aedan (aedan.charron): nods

[2016/04/16 12:43] Rosie Gray: big questions I feel are about the airport and the chalet

[2016/04/16 12:44] Rosie Gray: and I guess the lake

[2016/04/16 12:44] Delia Lake: so Coop and Aedan, how would you like to proceed, besides getting the survey going?

[2016/04/16 12:44] Delia Lake: Les and Han and Anj aren't here today. wish they were,

[2016/04/16 12:45] Rosie Gray: Anj has left the CDS

[2016/04/16 12:45] Rosie Gray: so I guess you can count him out

[2016/04/16 12:45] Delia Lake: :(

[2016/04/16 12:45] Rosie Gray: :(

[2016/04/16 12:45] RG Cooperstone (roguegeek.cooperstone): Anj is gone again?

[2016/04/16 12:45] Rosie Gray: again? did he go before?

[2016/04/16 12:45] Delia Lake: yes

[2016/04/16 12:45] RG Cooperstone (roguegeek.cooperstone): Yes, he did

[2016/04/16 12:45] Rosie Gray: okay I didn't know that

[2016/04/16 12:46] Rosie Gray: well hopefully he'll be back then

[2016/04/16 12:46] Rosie Gray: still, it means he's not on the LUC now

[2016/04/16 12:46] Delia Lake: right

[2016/04/16 12:46] Delia Lake: Widget has expressed interest in being on the LUC

[2016/04/16 12:47] Delia Lake: the RA will need to make a replacement appointment

[2016/04/16 12:47] Rosie Gray: Anj was an RA appointment.. yes

[2016/04/16 12:48] Delia Lake: so Aedan, tht's another thing that should be at the head of today's LUC transcript. that Anj has resigned his LUC position

[2016/04/16 12:49] Aedan (aedan.charron): nods "consider it done"

[2016/04/16 12:50] Delia Lake: to keep our efforts somewhat organized, I'm going to make a new Friedsee folder in our LUC google drive folder. then whatever our thoughts and investigations and anything else relevant we have to developing proposals can go there where we all can find them

[2016/04/16 12:50] Aedan (aedan.charron): OK.

[2016/04/16 12:50] RG Cooperstone (roguegeek.cooperstone): Cool

[2016/04/16 12:51] Delia Lake: there is a lot on our LUC plate right now

[2016/04/16 12:51] Aedan (aedan.charron): and it seems to grow each week :)

[2016/04/16 12:52] Delia Lake: since we don't have everyone here today I should do a doodle scheduling for our next meeting I think

[2016/04/16 12:53] Delia Lake: I don't know about you but May 1 Sunday looks like a possible day for me. we should have some survey results, some region assessments and some brainstorming ideas about Friedsee by then

[2016/04/16 12:54] Aedan (aedan.charron): That day is clear for me, so far.

[2016/04/16 12:56] Delia Lake: anything else we need to discuss today?

[2016/04/16 12:56] Delia Lake: from Coop or Aedan, or Rosie or Lilith?

[2016/04/16 12:56] Aedan (aedan.charron): I can't think of anything else...it seems we have enough to stay busy for another week.

[2016/04/16 12:56] Delia Lake: lol

[2016/04/16 12:57] Rosie Gray: it's a lot, yeah

[2016/04/16 12:57] Delia Lake: Coop? Lil?

[2016/04/16 12:57] Lilith Ivory: I´m fine atm

[2016/04/16 12:58] Delia Lake: then I call this meeting adjourned

[2016/04/16 12:58] Delia Lake: thank you all for coming and for your thoughtful participation
Post Reply

Return to “Land Use Commission-Announcements”