Sept. 29, 2018 Transcript

Announcements and transcripts of the Land Use Commission

Moderator: SC Moderators

Post Reply
User avatar
Rosie Gray
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard
Posts: 1861
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:47 am
Location: west-coast Canada

Sept. 29, 2018 Transcript

Post by Rosie Gray »

Land Use Commission Meeting: September 29, 2018

[12:03] Rosie Gray: well since we are all here, shall we get started?
[12:03] Tanoujin Milestone: fine with me
[12:03] Ranma Tardis: nods
[12:04] Lilith Ivory: Ha One is still missing :)
[12:04] Rosie Gray: first up would be to decide on a chairperson, and I thought it a good idea to have a co-chair
[12:04] Delia Lake: Tan where are you?
[12:04] Lilith Ivory: I was pondering about the sixth chair )
[12:04] Rosie Gray: oh, you're right
[12:04] Ranma Tardis: Sudane?
[12:04] Tanoujin Milestone: opposite chair, delia
[12:04] Rosie Gray: yes, Sudane
[12:04] Lilith Ivory: yes :)
[12:04] Tanoujin Milestone: she mailed she will come for sure
[12:04] Rosie Gray: I saw her online earlier
[12:04] Sudane Erato is online.
[12:05] Rosie Gray: there she is :D
[12:05] Kyoko : bingo!
[12:05] Lilith Ivory: yes, she ... and hee she comes :)
[12:06] Rosie Gray: hi Sudane!
[12:06] Tanoujin Milestone: Hi Sudane :)
[12:07] Rosie Gray: we are downstairs
[12:07] Lilith Ivory shouts: Hi Sudane
[12:07] Sudane Erato: oh!
[12:07] Sudane Erato: down there
[12:07] Rosie Gray: yep
[12:07] Sudane Erato: whew
[12:07] Lilith Ivory: for a moment I was wondering if you are going to meet in the SC chamber lol
[12:07] Rosie Gray: :D
[12:07] Sudane Erato: lol... thats what I thought :)
[12:07] Ranma Tardis: Hi Sudane
[12:08] Rosie Gray: seems like it's a good idea to use this area for something!
[12:08] Kyoko : Hi Sudane ;)
[12:08] Sudane Erato: hi hi :))
[12:08] Delia Lake: Hi Sudane
[12:08] Sudane Erato: hey :)
[12:08] Rosie Gray: so, now we are all here ?
[12:08] Lilith Ivory: Hi Sudane :)
[12:08] Sudane Erato: and Ranma made it :)
[12:09] Sudane Erato: hi hi :)
[12:09] Rosie Gray: yes! that's great
[12:09] Ranma Tardis: my schedule was changed
[12:09] Sudane Erato: great :)
[12:09] Rosie Gray: shall we decide on a chairperson and maybe a co-chair?
[12:10] Tanoujin Milestone: agreed
[12:10] Rosie Gray: who is interested?
[12:10] Sudane Erato: agreed that Tan will be chair? :)
[12:10] Tanoujin Milestone: what about you, Rosie?
[12:10] Rosie Gray: I don't mind doing it
[12:11] Rosie Gray: I have some ideas ;)
[12:11] Sudane Erato: great!
[12:11] Tanoujin Milestone: oh, I am LRA already, and I admit this takes me to my limit, but thank you!
[12:11] Delia Lake: I can't do it this term. My work schedule is still too eratic
[12:11] Kyoko : I'm too new
[12:11] Rosie Gray: what about a co-chair though, so that we can keep on moving forward
[12:11] Rosie Gray: anyone?
[12:12] Sudane Erato: i don't volunteer
[12:12] Delia Lake: btw, in case some people don't know, we have a LUC google drive. https://drive.google.com/drive/u/2/fold ... Vp4WDR5UGs
[12:12] Rosie Gray: thanks Delia
[12:12] Delia Lake: I can add people to it
[12:12] Kyoko : can you add me please?
[12:12] Tanoujin Milestone: I would be fine with Rosie as chair and Delia as co-chair
[12:12] Delia Lake: I could probably do co-chair
[12:13] Rosie Gray: okay, that's good then
[12:13] Delia Lake: IM me emails to add to google drive
[12:13] Rosie Gray: I know I've been really busy through Sept. but things will settle down for me now
[12:13] Rosie Gray: looks like I can add people too, Delia
[12:14] Delia Lake: yes
[12:14] Rosie Gray: I've just taken the opportunity to remove all of the former people
[12:14] Sudane Erato: :)
[12:15] Rosie Gray: and now added everyone from this session
[12:15] Kyoko : merci :)
[12:15] Sudane Erato: yep... i got in... thx!
[12:15] Rosie Gray: Delia, which of these documents would be pertinent to look at now?
[12:16] Kyoko : Thanks Rosie
[12:16] Delia Lake: Great
[12:16] Delia Lake: A lot of what is here is history but useful history
[12:16] Tanoujin Milestone: I will read through it tomorrow
[12:16] Kyoko : me too
[12:17] Rosie Gray: perhaps that could be our homework, to review them
[12:17] Tanoujin Milestone: Do we need someone who keeps the transcript?
[12:17] Delia Lake: the survey should probably be updated. it's useful to do periodic surveys of the residents
[12:17] Delia Lake: also the guidlines for public buildings. we should review that
[12:17] Rosie Gray: ah, good point Tan
[12:17] Kyoko : I can do it, but remind me
[12:18] Rosie Gray: okay... can you do it from this meeting please Kyoko?
[12:18] Kyoko : will do
[12:18] Sudane Erato: I see "Draft survey questions". Where do you find here survey results?
[12:18] Rosie Gray: thank you
[12:18] Kikuyuu is online.
[12:18] Delia Lake is trying to remember where results are.
[12:18] Rosie Gray: good question Sudane ?
[12:19] Delia Lake: I'll check my survey monkey acct also. might have been there
[12:19] Sudane Erato: :)... sorry ... sounds like a good idea
[12:19] Sudane Erato: ok
[12:20] Rosie Gray: if you can export the answers, that is helpful Delia
[12:20] Rosie Gray: even if the last survey is a couple of years old
[12:20] Delia Lake: looking
[12:20] Rosie Gray: I know the last survey I did for the CDS I had to just copy and paste because I don't have a paid account
[12:21] Rosie Gray: and it won't let you export unless you do
[12:21] Rosie Gray: anyway....
[12:22] Tanoujin Milestone: I have two tasks the RA is politely asking the LUC to perform.tell me when you are ready to consider to put it on a to do list :)
[12:22] Grazia van der Cheeks (grazia.horwitz) is offline.
[12:22] Rosie Gray: for this meeting, I thought perhaps we could go around the table (even if there's no table), and everyone could give a brief statement on a specific area that they are interested in reviewing
[12:23] Tanoujin Milestone: yes, cool, I will put it there
[12:23] Rosie Gray: ah, then Tan, perhaps you could start?
[12:23] Tanoujin Milestone: sure, thank you
[12:23] Kikune (jredasan) is offline.
[12:24] Tanoujin Milestone: the RA would like to see the Covenant of NFs changed in a way that the densified houses are defined as fixed prefabs like the mews in AM and the harbor quarter in LA
[12:24] Delia Lake: you mean more like what Sudane has done in NFS?
[12:24] Tanoujin Milestone: so, that means, we do not allow the owners to put their own houses on that parcesl
[12:25] Sudane Erato: does the LUC write the covenants?
[12:25] Tanoujin Milestone: no, it is only what Sudane did
[12:25] Tanoujin Milestone: we thought so
[12:25] Rosie Gray: I think it means so that the covenant reflects this
[12:25] Tanoujin Milestone: did and will do
[12:25] Delia Lake: yes
[12:25] Tanoujin Milestone: we can come back to that
[12:26] Rosie Gray: we can add it to our to-dos right at the top!
[12:26] Delia Lake: yes in the past the LUC did propose updates to covenants
[12:26] Tanoujin Milestone: the other thing is, that the RA would like to see a notecard as a manual for that densified hpouses that can be given to new owners
[12:26] Tanoujin Milestone: thaere is a fruitful discussion on the forums already
[12:27] Tanoujin Milestone: it is about rezzing things, changing textures and so on
[12:27] Rosie Gray nods
[12:27] Tanoujin Milestone: done, thanks
[12:27] Rosie Gray: thanks Tan
[12:27] Rosie Gray: Sudane, is that something you could do, and then we could review as a group?
[12:27] Sudane Erato: the manual... well, yes
[12:28] Sudane Erato: the forum thread has most of the content for a manual
[12:28] Kyoko : didn't Lyubov say she would help?
[12:28] Kyoko : with the manual
[12:28] Sudane Erato: incl helpful additional commentys
[12:28] Aruba DeCuir is offline.
[12:28] Sudane Erato: so... its mostly a matter of assembling that content into a notecard
[12:29] Tanoujin Milestone: yes, Kyoko, she is interested to help new owners who have additional questions and so on
[12:29] Sudane Erato: and then embeddinmg that card into the card already given out by the tierboxes there
[12:29] Tanoujin Milestone: yes :)
[12:29] Rosie Gray nods
[12:30] Sudane Erato: yes... lets encourage more comments to that thread. The additions to what i started were very helpful
[12:30] Delia Lake: here's the link to the old (2016) survey results on survey monkey. https://www.surveymonkey.com/results/SM-KNQX8QRPL/
[12:30] Tanoujin Milestone: I think the covenant is not too hard either - we need a list of densified parcel adresses, and then we have to look for the formulas the LA and AM covenants use for their prefabs.
[12:30] Rosie Gray: thanks Delia
[12:31] Rosie Gray: is someone interested in drafting up a Covenant revision?
[12:31] Sudane Erato: the parcel list will change over time, as more are added
[12:32] Rosie Gray: perhaps it could cover all of the parcels that we intend it to
[12:32] Tanoujin Milestone: I can do that if Sudane provides a parcel list... yes, we have to update it or find a general definition
[12:32] Sudane Erato: btw, i just added a PDF of that survey to the LUC folder
[12:33] Rosie Gray: oh perfect
[12:33] Delia Lake: ty Sudane
[12:33] Sudane Erato: i'll happily provide a parcel list... along with at least 2 parcels in the pipeline
[12:33] Tanoujin Milestone: nice. I will present a proposal next time then if you let me :)
[12:33] Rosie Gray: thank you Tan ?
[12:33] Tanoujin Milestone: yvw
[12:34] Tanoujin Milestone puts a post it on his screen
[12:34] Rosie Gray: well, that's a great start!
[12:35] Rosie Gray: Ranma, would you like to go next with some area of concern you might have?
[12:35] Sudane Erato: hehe... yes
[12:35] Ranma Tardis: hmm, am thinking
[12:35] Rosie Gray: we can come back to you perhaps then
[12:36] Rosie Gray: Sudane, do you have something?
[12:36] Sudane Erato: well
[12:36] Sudane Erato: in the area of land use
[12:36] Sudane Erato: my biggest issue is always... both here and in New England
[12:37] Sudane Erato: of how we approach enforcement of the covenants which affect how things look
[12:37] Rosie Gray: indeed
[12:37] Sudane Erato: this is totally a complex issue
[12:37] Kyoko nods
[12:37] Sudane Erato: and i mention new england
[12:37] Delia Lake: yes, and a very important issue
[12:37] Sudane Erato: because the issues are different there
[12:37] Sudane Erato: but still REALLY important
[12:37] Sudane Erato: there's no real answer
[12:37] Rosie Gray: paramount!
[12:37] Sudane Erato: but
[12:38] Sudane Erato: i think its critical that this always be on our agenda
[12:38] Delia Lake: agree
[12:38] Kyoko agrees
[12:38] Sudane Erato: done... i guess
[12:38] Rosie Gray agrees
[12:38] Sudane Erato: that defines it
[12:38] Sudane Erato: better not to start the discussion now :)
[12:38] Rosie Gray: so that can be a topic we address
[12:38] Rosie Gray: right
[12:38] Sudane Erato: yes
[12:39] Rosie Gray: Kyoko, would you like to go next?
[12:39] Lilith Ivory raises her hand and wonders if citizens are welcome to add suggestins too after the LUC members have spoken
[12:39] Sudane Erato: SURE!!!
[12:39] SDolphin is online.
[12:39] Rosie Gray: of course Lilith :D
[12:40] Rosie Gray: Kyoko?
[12:40] Kyoko : OK I have a lot of reading to do
[12:40] Sudane Erato: :)
[12:41] Kyoko : I am interested in how the covenants are enforced or not as the case may be
[12:41] Sudane Erato: *nods*
[12:41] Kyoko : I'm interested in consistency in the region styles
[12:42] Kyoko : is something glaringly out of place?
[12:42] Sudane Erato: yes!
[12:42] Delia Lake: yes!
[12:42] Tanoujin Milestone: lol
[12:42] Rosie Gray: right!
[12:42] Kyoko : but other than that as I said I needs to read
[12:42] Kyoko : A LOT
[12:42] Kyoko : done
[12:42] Rosie Gray: and that is an important consideration for this group
[12:42] Rosie Gray: okay... Delia?
[12:43] Delia Lake: Mine sort of goes along as a corollary to Kyoko's
[12:43] Delia Lake: it's a thorny problem but a constant irritation to me that the land textures don't flow from region to region.
[12:44] Delia Lake: maybe Sudane, Rosie and I could experiment with those?
[12:44] Sudane Erato: its a huge challenge!
[12:44] Delia Lake: and it would have to be redone probably season to season
[12:44] Rosie Gray: I've actually experimented quite a lot with them
[12:44] Sudane Erato: mathematical
[12:44] Delia Lake: I know. all 3 of us have
[12:44] Rosie Gray: it's really impossible to make all 4 blend at the seams
[12:44] Kyoko grins.. Rosie and her well-placed rocks
[12:44] Sudane Erato: yes, Rosie has done the most
[12:45] Delia Lake: rocks, walls, hedges, all
[12:45] Kyoko : yep
[12:45] Rosie Gray: that's why when I was Chancellor I took the perogative to place some landscaping along the edges between AM and Monastery, and LA and CN
[12:45] Delia Lake: still I'd like to put our heads together and see if there might be something we could come up with together that we haven't mastered alone
[12:46] Rosie Gray: sure ?
[12:46] Sudane Erato: trying to have proper transitions from mountain to sea coast... a huge challenge
[12:46] Rosie Gray: there are definately more areas that need attention
[12:46] Delia Lake: I know it is
[12:46] Sudane Erato: but i'd be happy to help... sure
[12:46] Rosie Gray: any other issues you want to look at, Delia?
[12:47] Delia Lake: the other thing that I keep thinking about is to make a map of public spaces, what they are intended for and how people can register to use them
[12:47] Sudane Erato: great!
[12:47] Rosie Gray: that sounds useful!
[12:47] Kyoko : That interests me
[12:47] Tanoujin Milestone: very good idea
[12:48] Rosie Gray: one more for the list
[12:48] Sudane Erato: :)
[12:48] Delia Lake: done for now
[12:48] Rosie Gray: Ranma, have you thought of something?
[12:48] Rosie Gray: thanks Delia
[12:48] Ranma Tardis: what can I do?
[12:48] Rosie Gray: well it's not a matter of 'do', at the moment really
[12:49] Rosie Gray: more a matter of any areas you would like the LUC to address
[12:49] Ranma Tardis: been wondering what to do in my new role
[12:49] Ranma Tardis: at this time no
[12:49] Rosie Gray: would you like the LUC to come up with some ideas?
[12:49] Ranma Tardis: nothing to bring up to the LUC
[12:49] Tanoujin Milestone: as duchess of monastery?
[12:49] Rosie Gray: or you just feel you have your hands full?
[12:49] Ranma Tardis: yes
[12:50] Ranma Tardis: what can I do to assist?
[12:50] Rosie Gray: well, we will have a list of items... not sure at the moment
[12:51] Tanoujin Milestone: your judgement will be valuable input, Ranma, i see no problme if you have to pass at the moment
[12:51] Rosie Gray nods
[12:51] Rosie Gray: I have one area that I'd like to discuss with the group, and see if we can come up with some idea
[12:52] Rosie Gray: it's the plaza here in CN
[12:52] Delia Lake: yes!
[12:52] Rosie Gray: I feel that it is still very sterile, and in particular the really old builds that are right on the central area
[12:52] Rosie Gray: they are owned by long time citizens
[12:53] Rosie Gray: haven't been updated for many years, and they really show it
[12:53] Rosie Gray: so, I wonder what we can do
[12:53] Delia Lake: I've periodically wondered if we could just delete those builds and in the middle of the night replace them on the same footprint with updated ones. wonder if the owners would notice :))
[12:54] Sudane Erato: lol :)
[12:54] Kyoko grins
[12:54] Rosie Gray: I've thought the same Delia :D
[12:54] Ranma Tardis: giggles
[12:54] Rosie Gray: in fact... I confess that I have updated the roofs on a couple of them, and nobody noticed
[12:54] Kyoko : midnight madness
[12:54] Lilith Ivory raises her hand
[12:54] Rosie Gray: hehe
[12:54] Delia Lake: yes, a new version of midnight madness. the mad LUC
[12:54] Rosie Gray: yes Lilith! just jump in
[12:55] Tanoujin Milestone: are we able to contact those long time citizens to get permission for doing something?
[12:55] Tanoujin Milestone: sorry, i retract
[12:55] Sudane Erato: well... when I wanted to densify certain of the parcels on Ulrikastrasse in NFS, Brian Livingston owns them, so I approached him, and he readily assented to cede ownership temporairily while i did the work
[12:55] Lilith Ivory: why don´t you just contact Cindy and Gwyn? I am sure they would not mind having their buildings replaced :)
[12:55] Strawberry Singh is offline.
[12:55] Rosie Gray: I was thinking the same
[12:55] Sudane Erato: i can certainly ask Gwyn
[12:55] Rosie Gray: if it came from the LUC
[12:55] Delia Lake: Cindy seldom comes inworld but I could probably reach her via facebook
[12:56] Lilith Ivory: a lot of us have Cindy on FB so I am sure she can be contacted too
[12:56] Rosie Gray: of course new buildings would need to keep as much as possible to the old number of prims
[12:56] Rosie Gray: so as not to bump anything
[12:56] Sudane Erato: or else anchored off-parcel like the densification project
[12:56] Rosie Gray: yes but that involves covenants and the RA
[12:57] Sudane Erato: i feel that the CN city area would be a good candidate for the same policy
[12:57] Rosie Gray: would be much faster to just get their permission
[12:57] Rosie Gray: I agree Sudane, at least right on the plaza
[12:57] Sudane Erato: yes, of course
[12:57] Tanoujin Milestone: i see the big picture now
[12:57] Sudane Erato: :)
[12:57] Rosie Gray: :D
[12:57] Tanoujin Milestone whispers: :)
[12:58] Delia Lake: if Paige Southpaw doesn't pay for the small parcel she has right off the plaza and never seems to use, I'd like the chancellor to reclaim that and make a good entrance to the thermae
[12:58] Rosie Gray: so maybe this is something we can think about in more detail too
[12:58] Rosie Gray: I think she uses it for a Tardis, Delia
[12:58] Kyoko giggles
[12:58] Ranma Tardis: giggles
[12:58] Delia Lake: I'll try to catch her and ask her. usually there is nothing or a single arch there
[12:59] Rosie Gray: if you highlight transparentcy, you can see the Tardis footprint
[12:59] Rosie Gray: it only rezzes when someone arrives
[13:00] Tanoujin Milestone: Doc who is not on german TV, sadly, and if, I would miss it because i do not receive it since years - so in a quiet hour someone might want to explain to me what a Tardis is :)
[13:00] Sudane Erato: what's a Tardis?
[13:00] Sudane Erato: :)
[13:00] Tanoujin Milestone: lol
[13:00] Rosie Gray is shocked and amazed
[13:00] Kyoko : Dr Who
[13:01] Delia Lake: the Tardis is a time machine that looks like an old English phone box
[13:01] Rosie Gray: I thought everyone knew that a Tardis is a flying policeman's call box that can transcend time and space, and is bigger on the inside than on the outside
[13:01] Sudane Erato: oh my... i never heard that called that
[13:01] Sudane Erato: (don't watch tv)
[13:01] Sudane Erato: :)
[13:01] Rosie Gray: hehe
[13:01] Rosie Gray: people use them in SL as a kind of portal
[13:01] Ranma Tardis: it started in England
[13:01] Ranma Tardis: BBC
[13:01] Sudane Erato: oh!
[13:02] Rosie Gray: they actually do bring people to the CDS
[13:02] Rosie Gray: yes, it's English
[13:02] Tanoujin Milestone takes another note
[13:02] Kyoko : Dr Who isn't it?
[13:02] Rosie Gray: yep
[13:02] Ranma Tardis: yes
[13:02] Lilith Ivory: I saw a good documentation once about how Dr. Who was made
[13:02] Rosie Gray: been going since the 60's
[13:02] Sudane Erato: wow... learn something every day! :)
[13:02] Tanoujin Milestone: I will send you the DVD when I am done witj it, Sudane ;)
[13:02] Sudane Erato: hehe... ok :)
[13:02] Rosie Gray: :D
[13:02] Rosie Gray: but we digress!
[13:02] Kyoko hopes she doesn't need to explain daleks too
[13:02] Rosie Gray: lol, Kyoko
[13:02] Tanoujin Milestone: lol
[13:03] Sudane Erato: I've written little stories about that idea since I was a little one reading books under the covers :)
[13:03] Tanoujin Milestone: seen one on the railway station - anyway
[13:03] Kyoko : (has a dalek avatar)
[13:03] Rosie Gray: hehe
[13:03] Rosie Gray: but this does present the question
[13:03] Rosie Gray: on that parcel... since she removed most of what was there in order to have enough prims for the Tardis to rez
[13:04] Rosie Gray: is that an allowable use of the parcel?
[13:04] Kyoko : well time travel LOL
[13:04] Delia Lake: yes we're back to covenant enforcement. it looks bad to have empty parcels on the ground
[13:04] Tanoujin Milestone: when it transcends time and space - yes
[13:04] Tanoujin Milestone: ;)
[13:04] Rosie Gray: do we want to be so restrictive that we don't allow people to use these fun, magical items that really add so much to SL?
[13:05] Lilith Ivory: this problem could be solved easily if downtown CN gets densified too
[13:05] Rosie Gray: and they do actually bring people here
[13:05] Rosie Gray: true, Lilith
[13:05] Lilith Ivory: with ancored buildings on public land
[13:05] Sudane Erato: yep
[13:05] Tanoujin Milestone: good point
[13:05] Delia Lake: if the tardis were there and visible that's one thing but I for one don't like parcels that look abandoned where the owners have only sky things
[13:05] Rosie Gray: and leaving the more hidden parcels for whatever the owner wants to have
[13:06] Kyoko : raises her hand
[13:06] Delia Lake: buildings with curtained windows would be fine to have whatever someone wants inside
[13:06] Rosie Gray: jump in, Kyoko
[13:07] Kyoko : maybe the covenant says if your main builkd is in the sky you are asked to landscape a bit below
[13:07] Kyoko : done
[13:07] Rosie Gray: right, and provide specifics, if it is within town walls
[13:07] Kyoko nods
[13:08] Rosie Gray looks at the clock
[13:08] Lilith Ivory: don´t we have something in NFS where the covenant says there has to be a house on the parcel?
[13:08] Sudane Erato: well, within the town walls you can'y just have "landscape a bit"
[13:08] Kyoko : true that
[13:08] Rosie Gray: yes, exactly
[13:08] Sudane Erato: Lil, i think we do
[13:08] Sudane Erato: or did at least
[13:08] Lilith Ivory: lol yes
[13:08] Rosie Gray: we did, but not sure if it got accidentally removed
[13:09] Rosie Gray looks
[13:09] Sudane Erato: well... another reason to "densify with in the walls of both towns
[13:09] Rosie Gray: it's still there
[13:09] Rosie Gray: whew
[13:09] Tanoujin Milestone raises hand
[13:09] Sudane Erato: hehe
[13:09] Rosie Gray: yes Tan
[13:10] Tanoujin Milestone: Lilith had something to say, I ask the chair to give her the floor
[13:10] Rosie Gray: ah, sorry!
[13:10] Rosie Gray: Lilith?
[13:10] Lilith Ivory: lol , I didn´t want to interrupt the discussion about downtown CN
[13:10] Tanoujin Milestone: time, Lilith
[13:10] Lilith Ivory: ok
[13:11] Tanoujin Milestone: i do not want you excluded from brainstorming
[13:11] Lilith Ivory: my suggestion would be to think about reparceling the land outside of the walls of CN
[13:11] Delia Lake: yes, I was thinking that when I was walking around last eve, Lil
[13:11] Sudane Erato: make them smaller?
[13:12] Lilith Ivory: we desperately need more renters there but there are some parcels that NEVER get rented out as long as we are not full
[13:12] Rosie Gray nods
[13:12] Lilith Ivory: perhaps and a few parcels have a shape that is all but inviting to rent
[13:12] Rosie Gray: perhaps some landscaping wouldn't hurt too
[13:12] Lilith Ivory: I am mainly thinking about those two narrow parcels at the sim border
[13:12] Sudane Erato: maybe create a little mini-town around the east end of the river
[13:12] Lilith Ivory: and also the one across the river of Kikis villa that is terribly difficult to build on
[13:13] Lilith Ivory: I think the whol land should be revisited so we can figure out what to make better
[13:13] Rosie Gray: it's not so bad now
[13:13] Delia Lake: if we do that, might we also put in a small dock with a small parcel for public rezzing of boats? one of the Hampshire regions has that
[13:13] Lilith Ivory: Good idea Sudane
[13:13] Tanoujin Milestone: the gypsy stuff we had there once was nice
[13:13] Sudane Erato: and make the river more navigaable
[13:13] Tanoujin Milestone: yes!
[13:14] Delia Lake: that gypsy stuff was mine. I can put it out again as a test if we want
[13:14] Tanoujin Milestone: oh, was it :) cool
[13:14] Rosie Gray: not sure I remember gypsy stuff
[13:14] Rosie Gray: where was it, Delia?
[13:14] Delia Lake: it's a dock and a rezzable canoe
[13:15] Delia Lake: my recollection is that it was on the LA end of the river
[13:15] Delia Lake: there is a fishing dock on the river there right now. I can replace that with the canoe rezzer if you'd like
[13:15] Rosie Gray: are we talking about the parcels beside the bridge? other side of the garden of peace?
[13:16] Lilith Ivory: especially the smaller one right across Kiki is difficult
[13:16] Delia Lake: I think the parcels on the East end of the river
[13:16] Delia Lake: those are mostly empty
[13:16] Sudane Erato: yes, the east end
[13:16] Delia Lake: all the time
[13:16] Rosie Gray: ah
[13:16] Sudane Erato: they could be reworked
[13:16] Lilith Ivory: exactly
[13:17] Sudane Erato: smaller parcels along the river...
[13:17] Sudane Erato: people like water
[13:17] Sudane Erato: and improve the channel for sailing
[13:17] Rosie Gray: yes, and we could think about what they should be like, for the covenant
[13:17] Sudane Erato: yes
[13:17] Rosie Gray: don't want big houses plunked down on little parcels
[13:17] Sudane Erato: maybe extend the LA covenant into CN?
[13:18] Sudane Erato: for outside the walls
[13:18] Lilith Ivory: haven´t we done that already?
[13:18] Sudane Erato: have we?
[13:18] Rosie Gray: we have the non-specific time for CN that is a bit weird
[13:18] Lilith Ivory: from roman to somewhat mediterean
[13:18] Sudane Erato: :)
[13:19] Rosie Gray: right
[13:19] Tanoujin Milestone: phew, I need to read all the covenants again :D
[13:19] Sudane Erato: hehe
[13:19] Rosie Gray: Colonia Nova is a historical, southern-European themed sim (Italian/Greek/Spanish or generically northern-Mediterranean) featuring a shopping district, an amphitheatre, the public thermae and the seat of the CDS government, the Praetorium. Buildings in this region resemble styles of southern-Europe and should aim to link visually with the styles of Locus Amoenus and Alpine Meadows at those regional borders.
[13:20] Tanoujin Milestone: dang
[13:20] Sudane Erato: ahh... perfect
[13:20] Sudane Erato: that works
[13:20] Rosie Gray: that's what we have now
[13:20] Sudane Erato: small builds along the river, with docks
[13:20] Sudane Erato: they would fit
[13:21] Sudane Erato: and maybe a little plaza along the river at the east end
[13:22] Rosie Gray: should we all take some time to look at this idea, for next meeting?
[13:22] Kyoko : agreed
[13:22] Sudane Erato: sure!
[13:22] Delia Lake: good idea
[13:23] Rosie Gray: we would need to adjust the covenant too
[13:23] Delia Lake: I need to leave shortly. Need to take care of my rl dog. (luckily my sl dogs take care of themselves)
[13:23] Sudane Erato: what's not allowed that would need to be added?
[13:24] Sudane Erato: oh... i do too ... but no dogs :)
[13:24] Rosie Gray: I do as well
[13:24] Rosie Gray: we have our next meeting set already
[13:24] Kyoko : I need to leave shortly also..making a dish for a group supper
[13:24] Rosie Gray: Sat. Oct. 6
[13:24] Sudane Erato: oh... date?
[13:24] Rosie Gray: 2 pm slt
[13:24] Sudane Erato: ahhh
[13:24] Rosie Gray: sorry, think that was the date you couldn't make, Sudane
[13:24] Sudane Erato: one week from today?
[13:24] Sudane Erato: what time?
[13:24] Rosie Gray: yes
[13:24] Rosie Gray: 2 pm slt
[13:25] Tanoujin Milestone: works
[13:25] Ranma Tardis: not sure of my schedule
[13:25] Sudane Erato: i may be able to be here a short time at that time
[13:25] Rosie Gray: Kyoko, do you think you can have the transcript ready to post soon?
[13:25] Rosie Gray: so we can capture everything
[13:25] Kyoko : FYI I will be offline re: SL from 16 October to 9 November
[13:26] Kyoko : not until tomorrow
[13:26] Rosie Gray: oh that would be great
[13:26] Sudane Erato: wow!... how will you survive
[13:26] Rosie Gray: haha
[13:26] Sudane Erato: hehe
[13:26] Rosie Gray: if you can't post to the LUC forum, you can ask Ms. Ivory to add that for you
[13:27] Kyoko : will do
[13:27] Rosie Gray: I will make up a proper Agenda for next meeting ?
[13:27] Tanoujin Milestone: was a nice meeting, lots of ideas!
[13:27] Sudane Erato: yes... great!!
[13:27] Sudane Erato: Tan, I'll email to you that parcel list
[13:28] Kyoko : If you discuss anything else pop it in my IMs
[13:28] Lilith Ivory: oh and Sudane ....
[13:28] Lilith Ivory: do you have the next census in your focus?
[13:28] Sudane Erato: census on Monday
[13:28] Kyoko : And thanks for a good meeting
[13:28] Sudane Erato: hehe
[13:28] Lilith Ivory: yup :)
[13:28] Lilith Ivory smiles bright
Rosie adjourns meeting
"Courage, my friend, it's not too late to make the world a better place."
~ Tommy Douglas
Post Reply

Return to “Land Use Commission-Announcements”