October 6, 2018 Meeting Transcript

Announcements and transcripts of the Land Use Commission

Moderator: SC Moderators

Post Reply
User avatar
Kyoko
Passionate Protagonist
Passionate Protagonist
Posts: 131
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:23 pm

October 6, 2018 Meeting Transcript

Post by Kyoko »

LUC Transcript October 6,2018
provided by Kyoko & Rosie Gray. (some extraneous material was edited out)

[14:01] Sudane Erato: i have Gwyn's edit perms
[14:01] Rosie Gray: oh you do?
[14:01] Sudane Erato: so... if we need to change her build... we can shift the stuff
[14:02] Sudane Erato: and I'll probably have to leave early
[14:02] Kyoko (samara.barzane): Me too
[14:02] Kyoko (samara.barzane): Runs into the cocktail hour LOL
[14:02] Sudane Erato: exactly!!
[14:02] Tanoujin Milestone: hehehe
[14:02] Sudane Erato: and families are very demanding about that :)
[14:03] Kyoko (samara.barzane) is very demanding about that LOL
[14:03] Sudane Erato: also... another announcement
[14:03] Sudane Erato: i just finished 1505 Ulrikastrasse
[14:03] Sudane Erato: i let Brian know to take it back
[14:03] Kyoko (samara.barzane): Congrats!
[14:03] Sudane Erato: ty :)
[14:03] Rosie Gray: oh nice work Sudane
[14:03] Sudane Erato: 940 Talenstrasse is my next project
[14:03] Rosie Gray: I really love what you did there
[14:03] Lilith Ivory: yay! I love that building
[14:04] Sudane Erato: ty :))
[14:04] Sudane Erato: and after than Han's build by the Schloss
[14:04] Lilith Ivory: we had a visitor in NFS last week who really loved this corner of NFS
[14:04] Sudane Erato: neat! :)
[14:04] Rosie Gray: nice
[14:04] Lilith Ivory: Ann Forbes
[14:04] Rosie Gray: good to have the feedback!
[14:04] Kyoko (samara.barzane): I wandered the NSF city and admired ALL the buildings
[14:04] Lilith Ivory: if you run into her again
[14:04] Rosie Gray: does everyone have the Agenda?
[14:05] Rosie Gray: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1khC ... -hhlQ/edit
[14:05] Rosie Gray calls the meeting to order
[14:05] Sudane Erato: yes
[14:06] Rosie Gray: first please have a look at the Agenda and let me know if I missed anything from last meeting
[14:06] Rosie Gray: or if you have anything to add for new business?
[14:06] Lilith Ivory wonders if one should give Delia a shout
[14:06] Rosie Gray: I did a few minutes ago
[14:06] Lilith Ivory: ah ok
[14:06] Sudane Erato: agenda looks good to me
[14:06] Rosie Gray: she left a message saying she couldn't come earlier, but I think maybe she had the time wrong
[14:07] Tanoujin Milestone: yes, AGenda is good
[14:07] Rosie Gray: thank you
[14:07] Rosie Gray: also, for the record, Ranma can't make it because she had to work
[14:07] Sudane Erato: i saw
[14:07] Rosie Gray: so, item A
[14:08] Tanoujin Milestone: :)
[14:08] Tanoujin Milestone: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1b1P ... cg6Tk/edit
[14:08] Rosie Gray: do you want to speak to it Tan?
[14:08] Rosie Gray: ah
[14:08] Rosie Gray: thanks
[14:08] Tanoujin Milestone: I uploaded a little proposal to the drive
[14:08] Tanoujin Milestone: first part is the formulas we have in place for AM and LA, second the proposal
[14:09] Tanoujin Milestone: third the parcels in the pipeline we have to add when finished
[14:09] Tanoujin Milestone: i ask for feedback
[14:09] Rosie Gray: I have something
[14:09] Tanoujin Milestone: Proposal for NFS:

(Insert after Zone P)

Densified Buildings (prefabs spread in the inner City)

The houses on the parcels HLS Platz 1365; Kendrastrasse 1705 and Ulrikastrasse 1415, 1470, 1505 are restricted to the original buildings. Prior to replacement, rebuilds must be specifically approved by the Chancellor. For more information consult the respective tier box notecards.

[14:09] Tanoujin Milestone: yes?
[14:09] Rosie Gray: unfortunately I wasn't paying close enough attention last meeting, and forgot to mention something
[14:10] Rosie Gray: the previous RA had authorized new builds on the platz to be anchored to public land, although I think they neglected to make it a law or anything
[14:10] Rosie Gray: but they did approve that
[14:11] Rosie Gray: so, since they did that, I rebuilt my fachwerk on the platz, and anchored it to public lands
[14:11] Tanoujin Milestone: that is true
[14:11] Rosie Gray: also, Mizou rebuilt the old bookstore that is now an information building, and the shop behind it
[14:11] Tanoujin Milestone: do we have to add it?
[14:11] Rosie Gray: and anchored it to public land
[14:12] Rosie Gray: and also there is an old fachwerk of mine on someone else's parcel, that when it was empty I anchored to public land
[14:12] Rosie Gray: also on the platz
[14:12] Rosie Gray: so these things need to be considered
[14:12] Rosie Gray: I'm not sure if everyone is familiar with them, and what you think about this
[14:12] Tanoujin Milestone: as Sudane said, it is no one person show
[14:12] Sudane Erato: well...
[14:12] Sudane Erato: yes
[14:13] Sudane Erato: i'm thrilled that someone else is adding to this project
[14:13] Sudane Erato: so we should certainly add Rosie's builds to the list
[14:13] Sudane Erato: Mizou's build is problematic only in that it is one build on 2 parcels
[14:13] Rosie Gray: I would love to do some more, as I have time
[14:13] Sudane Erato: one parcel community land
[14:14] Sudane Erato: and the other private
[14:14] Sudane Erato: but... I guess in theory there is no obstacle there
[14:14] Tanoujin Milestone scratches head
[14:14] Sudane Erato: that build can be added
[14:14] Tanoujin Milestone: who is paing the private one? Or does it not matter?
[14:14] Rosie Gray: I don't see any problem with that either
[14:14] Rosie Gray: my partner has that shop
[14:15] Sudane Erato: i guess it really doesn't matter Tan
[14:15] Rosie Gray: he doesn't care
[14:15] Tanoujin Milestone: ic _D
[14:15] Rosie Gray: lol, but it should be okay for anyone, no matter who
[14:15] Kyoko (samara.barzane): with all this anchoring will we have a prim problem?
[14:15] Sudane Erato: since... the rule will say that you can change the build
[14:15] Sudane Erato: lol Kyoko :)
[14:15] Rosie Gray: I agree we need to keep this in mind ?
[14:15] Sudane Erato: i checked again today
[14:15] Kyoko (samara.barzane): on the common land
[14:16] Sudane Erato: before i added 1505, we had about 7000
[14:16] Tanoujin Milestone: :)
[14:16] Sudane Erato: and 1505 is 135 LI
[14:16] Sudane Erato: so we're still good
[14:16] Rosie Gray: does that take into account all of the prims that people own, or could own on private parcels?
[14:16] Sudane Erato: 7000 prims on LV owned land
[14:17] Sudane Erato: group owned
[14:17] Rosie Gray: right, but correct me if I'm wrong
[14:17] Rosie Gray: but I think that if prims aren't used on the private parcels, they get counted as available on public land
[14:17] Rosie Gray: isn't that so?
[14:17] Sudane Erato: no
[14:17] Tanoujin Milestone: i doubt it
[14:17] Sudane Erato: not in a single multiplier sim
[14:17] Rosie Gray: you're sure? ah
[14:18] Rosie Gray: okay then that's fantastic!
[14:18] Sudane Erato: if we multiplied prims, that might be a problem
[14:18] Zaara Kohime is offline.
[14:18] Sudane Erato: like LA
[14:18] Rosie Gray: it was something that Bags taught me
[14:18] Sudane Erato: yes, then it gets VERY complicated :(
[14:18] Rosie Gray: so for CN, we need to be really careful
[14:18] Sudane Erato: CN is single as well
[14:19] Rosie Gray: ah okay, was just going to look
[14:19] Sudane Erato: hehe
[14:19] Tanoujin Milestone: yay, we are lucky ;)
[14:19] Sudane Erato: i just checked :)
[14:19] Rosie Gray: whew
[14:20] Rosie Gray: so then, looking at the densification proposal
[14:20] Rosie Gray: shouldn't we look at all of the parcels around the platz too?
[14:20] Tanoujin Milestone: So, Rosie, could ou send me the adresses of that densified houses?
[14:20] Rosie Gray: as well as the oddly shaped parcels?
[14:20] Sudane Erato: Rosie, yes... thats why i mentioned Gwynethstrasse and Sudanestrasse to Tan
[14:21] Tanoujin Milestone: es, in section three, i noted them
[14:21] Sudane Erato: those are the obvious candidates
[14:21] Rosie Gray: and when the opportunity arrives to rebuild them, we bring the proposal forward
[14:21] Sudane Erato: yes, exactly
[14:21] Rosie Gray: just wondering if we can say, all the parcels that touch on the platz (as a shortcut from naming all the parcels)
[14:22] Rosie Gray: and when we get them updated, they are not to be replaced etc. etc.
[14:22] Lilith Ivory: I would say so es those densified buildings look even better if they fit all together
[14:22] Sudane Erato: better to list them... but are we ready to assign all the builds to this "fixed" category?
[14:22] Rosie Gray: no!
[14:22] Rosie Gray: some of them are really old fachs
[14:22] Sudane Erato: exactly
[14:23] Sudane Erato: so those are not listed
[14:23] Rosie Gray: well not yet, but don't we want to include them so that when we DO remake them, they are included?
[14:23] Rosie Gray: we could make a proviso
[14:23] Sudane Erato: ahh... i see
[14:23] Rosie Gray: I mean, we don't want to be updating the covenant every 3 months ?
[14:24] Sudane Erato: well... in theory all the builds within the walls could fall into this
[14:24] Rosie Gray: that's true
[14:24] Sudane Erato: that's what i'd love to see some day
[14:24] Rosie Gray: so, what about thinking about it as a whole
[14:25] Rosie Gray: that someday, we get to replacing all of the old builds, and then they fall into this?
[14:25] Rosie Gray: or was there someone who didn't like this idea?
[14:25] Sudane Erato: 100% support from me!
[14:25] Kyoko (samara.barzane) raises her hand
[14:25] Rosie Gray: what do you think, Kyoko?
[14:25] Kyoko (samara.barzane): Are we anchoring on LV land to give people more prims?
[14:26] Sudane Erato: thats 1 reason
[14:26] Kyoko (samara.barzane): Or some other reason?
[14:26] Kyoko (samara.barzane): done
[14:26] Rosie Gray: I think it's twofold
[14:26] Rosie Gray listens to Sudane
[14:26] Sudane Erato: reason 2 so they can't change the build
[14:26] Kyoko (samara.barzane): ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
[14:26] Rosie Gray: yes!
[14:26] Kyoko (samara.barzane) is in favor
[14:26] Sudane Erato: same way that LL handles Linden homes
[14:26] Rosie Gray: NFS town is our showpiece
[14:27] Rosie Gray: in my opinion ?
[14:27] Sudane Erato: :)
[14:27] Kyoko (samara.barzane) agrees
[14:27] Sudane Erato: it certainly is our community heart
[14:27] Rosie Gray: what do you think, Tan?
[14:27] jaynine Scarborough is offline.
[14:27] Tanoujin Milestone: es, sure, but we have to redo the complete covenant then
[14:28] Tanoujin Milestone: Zone I and P
[14:28] Rosie Gray nods
[14:28] Tanoujin Milestone: the text is obsolete if we fix all
[14:28] Rosie Gray: well the entire covenant has to be approved anyway, even if we just change a little bit
[14:28] Tanoujin Milestone: es, no problem
[14:28] Tanoujin Milestone: y!
[14:29] Tanoujin Milestone: ;)
[14:29] Sudane Erato: :)
[14:29] Rosie Gray: Lilith, do you have thoughts about this?
[14:29] Rosie Gray gives Lilith a POKE!
[14:29] Sudane Erato: hehe
[14:29] Lilith Ivory laughs
[14:29] Kyoko (samara.barzane) giggles
[14:30] Tanoujin Milestone: Hi Delia
[14:30] Rosie Gray: hey Delia ?
[14:30] Sudane Erato: hi!
[14:30] Lilith Ivory: I have no rigth to vote here but I love to see all buildings inside the walls be updated
[14:30] Delia Lake: Hi. Sorry about being late
[14:30] Kyoko (samara.barzane): Hi Delia:)
[14:30] Rosie Gray: glad you could make it
[14:30] Delia Lake: it's been a mixed up day in rl and in sl
[14:30] Lilith Ivory: for now you could just change the covenant in: all builds that are ancored on public land.. yada yada
[14:30] Sudane Erato: Lil... this is really about the ideas
[14:31] Rosie Gray: yes, ideas ?
[14:32] Rosie Gray: Delia, we are on item A of the Agenda, and just discussing including all buildings inside the city walls in this
[14:32] Delia Lake: I also would like to see all buildings within the city walls updated
[14:32] Rosie Gray: Sudane says we have 7000 prims to use
[14:32] IanLee Patton is offline.
[14:32] Delia Lake: and none of them visibly empty
[14:33] Rosie Gray: ?
[14:33] sachi Vixen is offline.
[14:33] Sudane Erato: I think its important to emphasize that the conversions will take place only as builds become vacant... no one will get converted unwillingly
[14:33] Rosie Gray: one thing I think we need to be careful to say, is that nobody who currently owns a building will be forced to give over their building for redevelopment
[14:33] Rosie Gray: ha, yes
[14:33] Sudane Erato: exactly
[14:33] Delia Lake: Could current people opt for updating?
[14:33] Lilith Ivory: YES!
[14:33] Rosie Gray: but it will be an incentive for people, since they will get more prims
[14:34] Sudane Erato: yes!... and some have
[14:34] Rosie Gray: seems we are all agreed
[14:34] Rosie Gray: shall we make a motion to go with this idea?
[14:34] Second Life: Items successfully shared.
[14:35] Tanoujin Milestone: so moved
[14:35] Sudane Erato: :)
[14:35] Rosie Gray: do we have a second?
[14:35] Delia Lake: second
[14:35] Kyoko (samara.barzane): secopnded
[14:35] Rosie Gray: thanks
[14:35] Rosie Gray: vote
[14:35] Kyoko (samara.barzane): ops
[14:35] Tanoujin Milestone: aye
[14:35] Delia Lake: aye
[14:35] Sudane Erato: what is the statement we are voting on?
[14:35] Kyoko (samara.barzane): aye
[14:36] Rosie Gray: yes, let's have a clear motion
[14:36] Tanoujin Milestone: Densify and anchor *al* private parcels in the inner city,
[14:36] Rosie Gray: perfect
[14:36] Kyoko (samara.barzane): eventually
[14:36] Sudane Erato: yes, subject to the procedures we've discussed
[14:36] Rosie Gray nods
[14:37] Rosie Gray: how about Densify and anchor all private parcels in the inner city, either with the agreement of current owners, or as parcels become available.
[14:37] Sudane Erato: well, I'll surely vote aye... but i think we should have a simple and clear text
[14:37] Sudane Erato: thats good
[14:37] Sudane Erato: lol... or as the builders have time :))
[14:38] Rosie Gray: lol
[14:38] Sudane Erato: hehe
[14:38] Rosie Gray: let's vote again, now we have wording
[14:38] Kyoko (samara.barzane): that's reasonable
[14:38] Tanoujin Milestone: and aye
[14:38] Kyoko (samara.barzane): aye
[14:38] Sudane Erato: aye
[14:38] Rosie Gray: aye
[14:38] Rosie Gray: Delia?
[14:39] jaynine Scarborough is offline.
[14:39] Rosie Gray: well motion passes
[14:39] Roxy Temple (xxahfoxyroxyxx) is offline.
[14:39] Tanoujin Milestone: someone should write a Voldemort script
[14:39] Rosie Gray: she did say aye before
[14:39] Tanoujin Milestone: ah, okay
[14:39] Sudane Erato: hehe
[14:39] Rosie Gray: great ?
[14:39] Rosie Gray: so, Tan... are you willing to reword the covenant for this?
[14:40] Tanoujin Milestone: yes, sure, noted the edge points already, delivery next time
[14:40] Rosie Gray: excellent thank you
[14:40] Rosie Gray: moving on
[14:40] Tanoujin Milestone: yvw
[14:40] Rosie Gray: item B
[14:40] Sudane Erato: I see thats assigned to me
[14:40] Sudane Erato: but
[14:41] Sudane Erato: the text is really in the forum thread
[14:41] Sudane Erato: anyone could extract it and put it where it should be
[14:41] Sudane Erato: which i'm not sure :)
[14:42] Rosie Gray: I think at this point we need it as a stand alone document that can be reviewed, and then given out
[14:42] Sudane Erato: ok
[14:42] Tanoujin Milestone: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8635
[14:42] Sudane Erato: exactly... yes
[14:42] Sudane Erato: including the comments
[14:43] Rosie Gray: it needs to be made into a document that new people can understand ?
[14:43] Sudane Erato: is everything covered there?
[14:43] Sudane Erato: yeah... ok
[14:43] Sudane Erato: i'll convert it to a single text
[14:43] Rosie Gray: thank you
[14:43] Rosie Gray: maybe Lyubov and Lilith could have a look at it when done, since they have those buildings
[14:43] Sudane Erato: and then... what?... put it in a notecard that is available?
[14:43] Sudane Erato: ok
[14:44] Sudane Erato: good
[14:44] Lilith Ivory: yes I would gladly do
[14:44] Tanoujin Milestone: or on the drive :)
[14:44] Sudane Erato: is this the notecard that should go in the tierbox... when you touch for info?
[14:44] Tanoujin Milestone: or both ;)
[14:44] Rosie Gray: yes I think so Sudane
[14:44] Lilith Ivory: I think it would be a good idea if people get this notecard before buying the land
[14:44] Tanoujin Milestone: yes :D
[14:44] Sudane Erato: ahh... ok
[14:45] Rosie Gray: ?
[14:45] Sudane Erato: i could embed it in the regular notecard
[14:45] Tanoujin Milestone: "Congrats, ou are about to buy a densified house " ;)
[14:45] Sudane Erato: the tierbox gives out 2 notecards
[14:45] Delia Lake: yes people need to know before buying
[14:45] Sudane Erato: one when you touch it for info
[14:45] Rosie Gray: right, but let's make sure it's got everything in it before you do all that
[14:45] Sudane Erato: and one the first time you pay it
[14:45] Sudane Erato: BUT
[14:46] Sudane Erato: most people don't get that 2nd one
[14:46] Sudane Erato: because the tierbox gets assigned to them after they buy the parcel
[14:46] Rosie Gray: that's true
[14:46] Sudane Erato: so it will have to get embedded in the regular info notecard
[14:46] Sudane Erato: not as prominent
[14:46] Kyoko (samara.barzane) nods
[14:47] Rosie Gray nods
[14:47] Kyoko (samara.barzane): I agree with that
[14:47] Kyoko (samara.barzane): you don';t want to scarfe people away. We can always help them
[14:47] Kyoko (samara.barzane): *scare
[14:47] Sudane Erato: unless we set up special notecard givers... just for the house manual
[14:47] Sudane Erato: yeah... don't want to scare them away :)
[14:47] Kyoko (samara.barzane): LOL
[14:47] Sudane Erato: hehe
[14:48] Rosie Gray: ?
[14:48] Tanoujin Milestone: how do the Lindens do it?
[14:48] Tanoujin Milestone: with their crappy homes?
[14:48] Rosie Gray: I think it's just about not replacing the houses for them
[14:48] Sudane Erato: i don't remember any manuals
[14:48] Rosie Gray: in our case, we have the how to rez in your corners that aren't on your parcel too
[14:48] Sudane Erato: i had one of those once
[14:48] Kyoko (samara.barzane): no need because all the house is on the parcel
[14:48] Rosie Gray nods
[14:48] Sudane Erato: true!
[14:49] Tanoujin Milestone: ah, yes, I remember
[14:49] Kyoko (samara.barzane): the craPPY ONES THAT IS
[14:49] Lilith Ivory: well and the thing that you can´t place your furniture wherever you want should be mentioned too
[14:49] Sudane Erato: hehe
[14:49] Lilith Ivory: I think this is important
[14:49] Sudane Erato: agreed Lil
[14:49] Rosie Gray: that's the main part about the notecard in my opinion
[14:49] Kyoko (samara.barzane) agrees
[14:49] Sudane Erato: when you think of things, please add them to the forum thread
[14:50] Sudane Erato: and I'll clip everything from there
[14:50] Rosie Gray: thank you Sudane
[14:50] Rosie Gray: any more comments, or should we move on to item C?
[14:50] Rosie Gray: hearing none, let's move on
[14:50] Sudane Erato: kk
[14:51] Rosie Gray: Sudane, you brought this up
[14:51] Rosie Gray: and have huge experience with the NE estate too
[14:51] Sudane Erato: i did, but its a big and extensive topic
[14:51] Rosie Gray: it is
[14:51] Sudane Erato: yes
[14:51] Rosie Gray: have you any ideas that we should consider?
[14:51] Sudane Erato: i suggest that devote major time to it
[14:52] Kyoko (samara.barzane): How many people ask if their builds are ok?
[14:52] Sudane Erato: well... not specific suggestions, because if I had any now we've probably brought them into CDS as well
[14:52] Kyoko (samara.barzane): I know I did
[14:52] Sudane Erato: hmmm...
[14:52] Sudane Erato: well, in New England, we are VERY drastic about that
[14:52] Rosie Gray: not many ask, Kyoko
[14:53] Sudane Erato: and we can be
[14:53] Kyoko (samara.barzane) figured
[14:53] Sudane Erato: but here, we have to be more gentle
[14:53] Sudane Erato: and flexible
[14:53] Rosie Gray nods
[14:53] Rosie Gray: one thing I have seen about this
[14:53] Rosie Gray: is that unless someone brings something to the Chancellor as a complaint
[14:54] Rosie Gray: it's pretty difficult for the Chancellor to be the only one responsible
[14:54] Rosie Gray: and because we have these constraints on time
[14:54] Sudane Erato: exactly... all good points
[14:54] Rosie Gray: i.e. if a building hasn't been not-okayed by such and such a time
[14:54] Rosie Gray: they get to keep it no matter what
[14:55] Rosie Gray: that's how a couple of rather awful things have remained in place for so long
[14:55] Tanoujin Milestone: maybe we should change the procedure
[14:55] Ginger (dusk.griswold) is offline.
[14:55] Lilith Ivory: wasn´t the LUC meant to inspect buildings and give the (overworked) chancellor advice?
[14:55] Kyoko (samara.barzane): how about if it hasn't been okayed by a certain time period you can assume it is ok, but management reserves the right to step in
[14:55] Kikutsuru (miehina) is offline.
[14:55] Sudane Erato: we could change it, but it would require more people-hours
[14:56] Rosie Gray: well that's sort of how it is now Kyoko
[14:56] Delia Lake: the LUC was doing inspections for a while
[14:56] Rosie Gray: and yes, Lilith, I think that is correct
[14:56] Kyoko (samara.barzane): well I like the LUC being the inspectors
[14:56] Lilith Ivory: I think it´s better more than one person decides if a building is ok or not
[14:56] Rosie Gray: I agree
[14:56] Sudane Erato: lol... I don't
[14:56] Delia Lake: right now I believe that the parcel owner must notify the Chancellor only
[14:56] Kyoko (samara.barzane) agreed
[14:56] Lilith Ivory: why not Sudane?
[14:56] Sudane Erato: i don't want to have to inspect :)
[14:56] Rosie Gray: you don't agree, Sudane?
[14:56] Tanoujin Milestone: lol
[14:57] Kyoko (samara.barzane): she just doesn't want to do it LOL
[14:57] Sudane Erato: I'm happy for you guys to do it..
[14:57] Rosie Gray: hahah
[14:57] Sudane Erato: exactly :)
[14:57] Rosie Gray: okay fair enough
[14:57] Kyoko (samara.barzane): I'm happy to inspect
[14:57] Lilith Ivory: perhaps there is a law that forbids the treasurer to inspect?
[14:57] Sudane Erato: LOL :))
[14:57] Delia Lake: for instance, we did inspection for Gaius's build on CN. made some comments and he made corrections then was good to go
[14:57] Kyoko (samara.barzane): ROFL
[14:57] Rosie Gray: you do really have enough to do
[14:57] Sudane Erato: YES... a critical law!
[14:57] Lilith Ivory: I am sure it´s in the founding documents
[14:57] Sudane Erato: hehe
[14:57] Rosie Gray nods at Delia
[14:57] Rosie Gray: but then the LUC went dormant for a long time
[14:57] Delia Lake: yes
[14:58] Rosie Gray: and we had a few different Chancellors
[14:58] Rosie Gray: I can tell you that when I was Chancellor, it was all I could do to keep up with getting people to pay tier, and try to do a bit of marketing, and events
[14:58] Sudane Erato: one thing I might suggest, which has an echo of how we do it in New England...
[14:58] Rosie Gray: the last thing I could do was chase up who put new buildings down and inspect them
[14:58] Sudane Erato: is that the Chancellor NOT be mostly involved
[14:59] Kyoko (samara.barzane): agreed
[14:59] Sudane Erato: and rather the LUC do inspections and suggestions
[14:59] Sudane Erato: and the Chancellor be involved only as a last resort
[14:59] Rosie Gray: that makes sense to me, as long as the LUC actually does it
[14:59] Delia Lake: we probably need to have a photo book and general descriptions to help with building code. and it is better that the LUC do inspections imo because the Chancellor can be an administrator with no building experience
[14:59] Kyoko (samara.barzane): When I'm not offline I am happy to do some of it
[15:00] Rosie Gray: agreed Delia
[15:00] Sudane Erato: which is what we do... my EMs threatene the new person with the ugly house that Sudane will come and eject them if they don't change it :)
[15:00] Rosie Gray: and also, the Chancellor has to be a diplomat too
[15:00] Tanoujin Milestone: what about this: we make the LUC an official part of the exec, working for the chancellor. It works sometimes on inspection basis, sometimes on demand. We reserve to review any pribavate builds any time
[15:00] Sudane Erato: yes
[15:00] Rosie Gray: it's not easy to be diplomatic while saying that you think someone's build is crap
[15:00] Sudane Erato: hehe
[15:00] Rosie Gray: hmmm
[15:01] Delia Lake: right now if I remember the deadline is 2 weeks for inspection after which the building is automatically accepted. perhaps it should be 1 month
[15:01] Sudane Erato: guys... sadly i must leave :(
[15:01] Rosie Gray: a month would give more time to do it
[15:01] Rosie Gray: thanks for coming Sudane ?
[15:01] Delia Lake: thanks Sudane
[15:01] Rosie Gray: and for all your work!
[15:01] Kyoko (samara.barzane) waves at Sudane
[15:01] Lilith Ivory: bye Sudane
[15:01] Tanoujin Milestone: sure, I build something according to the covenant, wait a month and change it then
[15:01] Sudane Erato: my pleasure... and see you all soon :)
[15:01] Delia Lake: have a relaxing cocktail hour :)
[15:01] Tanoujin Milestone: bye Sudane
[15:01] Sudane Erato: hehe :)
[15:01] Rosie Gray: hehe
[15:02] Rosie Gray: but Tan, if it's another build put down, then it also must be inspected
[15:02] Rosie Gray: right?
[15:02] Tanoujin Milestone: and if I just modify my old build? there is a grey zone
[15:02] Sudane Erato is offline.
[15:02] Kyoko (samara.barzane): I'd think so
[15:02] Rosie Gray: well I don't think we can go crazy
[15:02] Tanoujin Milestone: add a 40m tower to it ;)
[15:02] Rosie Gray: hehe
[15:03] Kyoko (samara.barzane): there will always be a gray area
[15:03] Rosie Gray: hmmm, a 40m tower, lol
[15:03] Delia Lake: if you change it substantially it would need to be reinspected. if you changed the color of your roof from brown to dark green you're fine, imo
[15:03] Rosie Gray: we could say something about 'major renovations'
[15:03] Rosie Gray nods agreeing with Delia
[15:03] Kyoko (samara.barzane) agrees also
[15:04] Rosie Gray: there's also the issue of a building that technically abides by the covenant
[15:04] Rosie Gray: but is still really badly made
[15:04] Delia Lake: yes!!!!!!
[15:04] Rosie Gray thinks of a particular fachwerk
[15:04] Delia Lake: drives me nuts!!!!
[15:04] Rosie Gray: so how do we deal with these?
[15:04] Rosie Gray: some people are not interested in fixing things
[15:04] Rosie Gray: and will only point to the covenant words
[15:05] Delia Lake: I think there is something in the covenants that say the builds must be realistic. can we include texturing in that somehow?
[15:05] Tanoujin Milestone: I think of RL.... the officials can intervene any time - there is no right of silent approvement
[15:05] Kyoko (samara.barzane): well if it runs down the neighborhood... towns have ordinances abiout messy lawns
[15:05] Delia Lake: messy textures, lol
[15:05] Kyoko (samara.barzane): exactly Tan
[15:06] Rosie Gray: it's so difficult to put everything into a covenant
[15:06] Kyoko (samara.barzane): well there will always be gray areas
[15:06] Kyoko (samara.barzane): we just have the keep the extremes under control
[15:07] Tanoujin Milestone: "make your build so, that the LUC will like it"
[15:07] Lilith Ivory: we need to find the middle between having nice buildings and trying to make new citizens stay I think
[15:07] Kyoko (samara.barzane) agrees
[15:07] Delia Lake: back to towers, Tan, there is a specified height limit in the covenants. one of the ones in NFS slipped in because the inspection wasn't done in a timely manner, and this was before the LUC
[15:07] Tanoujin Milestone: that is why i chose that example
[15:07] Lilith Ivory has a weakness for that fachscraper
[15:08] Kyoko (samara.barzane): ROFL
[15:08] Delia Lake: if someone would want to build tall, they would have to apply for a variance from the covenant and have the design approved as well as the final build approved imo
[15:09] Kyoko (samara.barzane) nods
[15:09] Delia Lake: not just haphazardly thrown up
[15:09] Tanoujin Milestone: and what if this person does not care and will get mad if we tell them?
[15:09] Kyoko (samara.barzane): part of being a good citizen
[15:10] Delia Lake: then they can't build here, Tan
[15:10] Tanoujin Milestone: fine :)
[15:10] Delia Lake: they can buy mainland property and build any crazy thing they want
[15:10] Tanoujin Milestone: good!
[15:11] Tanoujin Milestone: i just want to point out the covenant enforcement would be simple if there were not personal feelings involved
[15:11] Lilith Ivory: I like the idea of being able to get a waiver as lately I saw a lighttower that would fit to CN but has a 50m tower
[15:14] Tanoujin Milestone: am I crashed?
[15:14] Tanoujin Milestone: ;)
[15:14] Rosie Gray: sorry on phone
[15:14] Kyoko (samara.barzane): looking good Tan
[15:15] Tanoujin Milestone: ty
[15:16] Kyoko (samara.barzane): while Rosie is on the phone let me give you my report as I have to leave in 5 minutes
[15:16] Kyoko (samara.barzane): 1. I'm buried in events atm
[15:16] Kyoko (samara.barzane): 2. I have wandered a lot and mostly admire how wonderful CDS is
[15:17] Rosie Gray: sorry, back
[15:17] Kyoko (samara.barzane): 3. I 3. The link between Monastery and LA works for me
[15:17] Kyoko (samara.barzane): 4. I have issues with some of the LA nob-LV builds
[15:17] Kyoko (samara.barzane): done
[15:17] Kyoko (samara.barzane): that was non-LV
[15:18] Rosie Gray: ?
[15:18] Kyoko (samara.barzane): 5. I leave October 16 for 3 weeks so you wiull need a new transcriber for then
[15:19] Delia Lake: right after Octoberfest :) you'll need a vacation after that
[15:19] Rosie Gray: :D
[15:19] Rosie Gray: she will!
[15:19] Kyoko (samara.barzane): well I need the November event set up before I leave as I get back 2 days before it takes place.
[15:20] Rosie Gray: is that the one with the Maiko?
[15:20] Kyoko (samara.barzane): yes
[15:20] Rosie Gray: nice ?
[15:20] Kyoko (samara.barzane): it's mostly notices and Laura will cover those for me
[15:20] Kyoko (samara.barzane): I'll get the poster done before I leave
[15:20] Kyoko (samara.barzane): and I have to leave
[15:20] Rosie Gray: okay, thanks Kyoko
[2018/10/06 15:21] Rosie Gray: I guess it's a fairly big item too, same as the covenant enforcement
[2018/10/06 15:22] Delia Lake: I think photo examples and a little text about mood and attractiveness might help
[2018/10/06 15:22] Rosie Gray: sorry I had to take that phone call
[2018/10/06 15:22] Tanoujin Milestone: np
[2018/10/06 15:22] Rosie Gray: that might help Delia
[2018/10/06 15:23] Rosie Gray: so, looking at the clock, and since we've lost two of our number
[2018/10/06 15:23] Rosie Gray: shall we table the rest until next meeting?
[2018/10/06 15:23] Tanoujin Milestone: oka with me
[2018/10/06 15:23] Tanoujin Milestone: yy
[2018/10/06 15:23] Rosie Gray: okay
[2018/10/06 15:24] Rosie Gray: shall we set a next meeting now?
[2018/10/06 15:24] Tanoujin Milestone: hmhm :)
[2018/10/06 15:24] Rosie Gray: any suggestions?
[2018/10/06 15:25] Rosie Gray: or shall I do another Doodle?
[2018/10/06 15:25] Delia Lake: doodle works for me
[2018/10/06 15:25] Rosie Gray: okay
[2018/10/06 15:26] Tanoujin Milestone: :)
[2018/10/06 15:26] Rosie Gray: ㋡
[2018/10/06 15:26] Rosie Gray: guess we can also do some things by email, like for instance if there is a build that needs to be inspected
[2018/10/06 15:26] Delia Lake: good idea
[2018/10/06 15:26] Rosie Gray: so, on that note, let's adjourn ㋡
Chancellor for the 34th Term
Post Reply

Return to “Land Use Commission-Announcements”