October 13, Transcript

Announcements and transcripts of the Land Use Commission

Moderator: SC Moderators

Post Reply
Cathy Sabre
Casual contributor
Casual contributor
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:57 pm

October 13, Transcript

Post by Cathy Sabre »

TRANSCRIPT: LUC MEETING 10/13/19
MEMBERS PRESENT: Rosie Gray, Sudane Erato, Cathy Sabre, Lilith Ivory, Delia Lake.
MEMBERS ABSENT: Han Held.
GUESTS: Kyoko, Tanoujin Milestone, badgerofzen.

[10:05] Rosie Gray: I call this meeting to order
[10:05] Rosie Gray: Here is the Agenda: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1o6V ... sp=sharing
[10:05] Tanoujin Milestone: hey :)
[10:06] Rosie Gray: and thanks to Cathy for prompting me to do a proper one!
[10:06] Rosie Gray: :D
[10:06] Cathy Sabre: yay
[10:06] Sudane Erato: hehe... i see on it that things I forgot :(
[10:06] Cathy Sabre: Thanks for Rosie to get minutes to approve
[10:06] Rosie Gray: picked up some unfinished business from last year!
[10:06] Sudane Erato: yeah!
[10:07] Rosie Gray: ah, and speaking of Minutes, I didn't put that on this Agenda
[10:07] Rosie Gray: one moment, before we approve it
[10:07] Rosie Gray: there, now I think we are ready
[10:07] Sudane Erato: Miracle writing! :)
[10:07] Rosie Gray: hehe
[10:08] Rosie Gray: can we have a motion to approve the Agenda?
[10:08] Sudane Erato: so move
[10:08] Cathy Sabre: I so monv
[10:08] Cathy Sabre: second
[10:08] Rosie Gray: thank you
[10:08] Rosie Gray: vote
[10:08] Lilith Ivory: aye
[10:08] Cathy Sabre: aye
[10:08] Sudane Erato: aye
[10:08] Rosie Gray: aye
[10:08] Rosie Gray: Delia?
[10:09] Rosie Gray: hmmm, well it carries anyway
[10:09] Cathy Sabre: Has everyone seen the minutes?
[10:09] Delia Lake: aye
[10:09] Rosie Gray: let's get a link for the Minutes
[10:09] Rosie Gray: do you have that, Cathy?
[10:09] Cathy Sabre: It is LUC annonncements
[10:09] Cathy Sabre: not on hand
[10:10] Cathy Sabre: I have an NC.
[10:10] Sudane Erato: I think I read them and they were good
[10:10] Rosie Gray: http://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=9155
[10:10] Sudane Erato: on the forum
[10:10] Rosie Gray: for the record
[10:10] Rosie Gray: can we have a motion to accept the Minutes please?
[10:10] Cathy Sabre: Oh, thanks, Rosie
[10:11] Cathy Sabre: I was just hunting for that
[10:11] Sudane Erato: so move
[10:11] Cathy Sabre: second
[10:11] Rosie Gray: vote
[10:11] Cathy Sabre: a;ye
[10:11] Lilith Ivory: aye
[10:11] Rosie Gray: aye
[10:11] Sudane Erato: aye
[10:11] Rosie Gray: Delia?
[10:12] Delia Lake: aya
[10:12] Delia Lake: aye
[10:12] Rosie Gray: motion carried
[10:12] Rosie Gray: :D
[10:12] Cathy Sabre: whew
[10:12] Delia Lake: sorry, was trying to settle my 1 yr old border collie who has now been with us for 3 weeks
[10:12] Rosie Gray: can we have a look at the Alpine Meadow Survey now please
[10:13] Rosie Gray: the link is in the Agenda
[10:13] Delia Lake: is the agenda out here or on the forum?
[10:13] Rosie Gray: has everyone had a chance to read through this?
[10:13] Rosie Gray: the Agenda is not on the forum
[10:13] Rosie Gray: it's a google doc
[10:14] Lilith Ivory: I didn´t get the email with the link to it :(
[10:14] Rosie Gray: hmmm, pretty sure I sent it to you Lilith
[10:14] Rosie Gray: and all on the LUC
[10:14] Lilith Ivory: might be the wrong email account lol
[10:14] Rosie Gray: ah possibly
[10:14] Lilith Ivory: I never look at google mail
[10:14] Sudane Erato: hmmm... i haven't seen this either... doesn't ring a bell
[10:15] Rosie Gray: well for google docs it's best to use the gmail otherwise you can't access
[10:15] Lilith Ivory: yes, I just need to know a gmail is incoming
[10:15] Rosie Gray: here is the link for the AM Review: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1d4U ... sp=sharing
[10:15] Rosie Gray: okay sorry Lilith, I'll send a notice in the future
[10:16] Lilith Ivory: thank you :)
[10:16] Delia Lake: ty
[10:16] Rosie Gray: so, has everyone had a chance to read the AM Review?
[10:16] Cathy Sabre: Yes
[10:16] Sudane Erato: yes
[10:16] Sudane Erato: its short... most of it is the covenant
[10:16] Rosie Gray: perhaps we can take it point by point
[10:17] Rosie Gray: Would be nice to remove the staircase in the middle of the road so that vehicles can traverse it.
[10:17] Rosie Gray: comments?
[10:17] Sudane Erato: hmmmmmm
[10:17] Sudane Erato: its VERY steep
[10:17] Rosie Gray: yes
[10:17] Sudane Erato: thats why the staircase
[10:17] Delia Lake: what vehicles would be going there? my horse does just fine on the stairs
[10:18] Sudane Erato: hehe
[10:18] Rosie Gray: but you don't find stairs on roads, usually
[10:18] Sudane Erato: and if I had a donkey....
[10:18] Delia Lake: but you do on paths
[10:18] Sudane Erato: in Greece you do!
[10:18] Rosie Gray: it's not a path though
[10:18] Delia Lake: do we have a road or a path?
[10:18] Delia Lake: I never thought of them as roads
[10:18] Rosie Gray: we've always referred to them as roads
[10:18] Rosie Gray: if they were paths, wouldn't they be a lot narrower?
[10:19] Lilith Ivory: for me it´s clearly a road
[10:19] Sudane Erato: hehe
[10:19] Lilith Ivory: but I can live with the stairs if nothing else is possible
[10:19] Rosie Gray: ㋡
[10:19] Kyoko Furse-Barzane (samara.barzane): they have roadlike names
[10:19] Sudane Erato: well, its purely the steepness
[10:20] Sudane Erato: there are stairs on both NFS descents to the valley
[10:20] Rosie Gray: we are going to be considering some terraforming for the sim, so perhaps something could be done there too?
[10:20] Lilith Ivory: I was wondering if we can move the street elsewhere so we can bring it down less step
[10:20] Sudane Erato: if those were flat, they'd be incredible steep
[10:20] Rosie Gray: yes, mountain roads are seldom straight up and down like that
[10:20] Rosie Gray: mostly have switchbacks
[10:20] Sudane Erato: well, there would be needed more switchbacks
[10:21] Sudane Erato: and the road already has a lot of those
[10:21] Sudane Erato: btw... query
[10:21] Rosie Gray: well, why don't we leave this as an idea for now, and see how it might fit in with other ideas?
[10:21] Sudane Erato: do we WANT vehicles on our roads?
[10:21] Cathy Sabre: To maintain plausibility, I would prefer that a "road" didn't have stairs.
[10:22] Rosie Gray: I dont' know that we've ever prevented vehicles
[10:22] Rosie Gray: I used to try and drive my Bentley around on them, which is HUGE
[10:22] Rosie Gray: lol
[10:22] Cathy Sabre: carriages, bicycles
[10:22] Lilith Ivory: I have an old tractor I like to drive uphills sometimes
[10:22] Sudane Erato: I'd be worried about getting run over by some drunken SL driver
[10:22] Rosie Gray: hehe
[10:23] Cathy Sabre: Is excessive drinking allowed in cds?
[10:23] Rosie Gray: definitely
[10:23] Sudane Erato: sure!
[10:23] Rosie Gray: we encourage pub runs!
[10:23] Cathy Sabre: oh
[10:23] Cathy Sabre: no
[10:23] Lilith Ivory giggles
[10:23] Sudane Erato: its our annual celebration!
[10:23] Sudane Erato: Oktoberfest
[10:23] Rosie Gray: :D
[10:24] Cathy Sabre: Well, that eliminates bicycles on the roads
[10:24] Lilith Ivory: making citizens drunk and next I come and collect them as RA and chancellor candidates
[10:24] Sudane Erato: hehe
[10:24] Rosie Gray: I find I'm perfectly capable of crashing my bicycle in SL without excessive or even any drinking!
[10:24] Lilith Ivory laughs
[10:24] Sudane Erato: thats why i'd be fearsome to be out on the road!
[10:25] Kyoko Furse-Barzane (samara.barzane) has a fire truck LOL
[10:25] Sudane Erato: but really... if we remove the stairs on AM roads, do we remove them on all the sims?
[10:25] Rosie Gray: I know it wouldn't be easy
[10:25] Sudane Erato: that has extensive implication
[10:26] Cathy Sabre: Or make them paths
[10:26] Delia Lake: like NFS going down to the Valley?
[10:26] Tanoujin Milestone: or leave it as is :D
[10:26] Cathy Sabre: That would be too easy, Tanoujin
[10:26] Delia Lake: switchbacks would take a lot more public land
[10:26] Lilith Ivory likes Tans sugestion for now
[10:26] Cathy Sabre: amen
[10:26] Rosie Gray: it seems complicated
[10:26] Sudane Erato: In NFS the route of the road can't be changed
[10:27] Rosie Gray: let's consider the next point too then, as it relates
[10:27] Rosie Gray: If we gave road access to the prim parcels they wouldn’t have to be prim parcels only.
[10:27] Sudane Erato: well... there's a history there
[10:27] Sudane Erato: those prim parcels were added later
[10:28] Sudane Erato: breaking up a larger parcel that didn't sell
[10:28] Sudane Erato: it would be hard to get a road down to the corner one
[10:28] Sudane Erato: the others already have road access
[10:28] Rosie Gray: perhaps paths could be done though
[10:28] Rosie Gray: not so big and requiring so much land
[10:29] Lilith Ivory: I have a brave plan that might make it possible when we talk about 7.
[10:29] Sudane Erato: sure, we could make a 4m path
[10:29] Sudane Erato: but thats a road
[10:29] Rosie Gray: oh yes, Lilith's idea on item 7
[10:29] Sudane Erato: remember, parceling is minimum 4 m
[10:29] Lilith Ivory smiles
[10:30] Rosie Gray: there could be a possibility to create a path that is linked to common land, so not taking up so much space
[10:30] Rosie Gray: for those parcels to access
[10:30] Delia Lake looks around when hearing the bark then realized it wasn't hers in rl but Lil's here
[10:30] Sudane Erato: true... thats possible
[10:30] Lilith Ivory giggles
[10:30] Rosie Gray: ㋡
[10:31] Sudane Erato: the path/road could also come via MON
[10:31] Sudane Erato: I think there's access there
[10:31] Rosie Gray: okay we are probably going to need to discuss all of the ideas about roads with the ideas of changing some of the parcels
[10:31] Rosie Gray: oh yes, that's right
[10:31] Lilith Ivory: I was thinking that if we change the parcel above those prim parcels into a meeting point the parcels can be accessed through this parcel
[10:31] Lilith Ivory: leading a path down at the sim border
[10:32] Rosie Gray: and thus, item #7!
[10:32] Sudane Erato: meeting point?
[10:32] Lilith Ivory: yes that would be item 7
[10:32] Lilith Ivory: focal point, community center
[10:32] Rosie Gray: right
[10:32] Sudane Erato: oh!
[10:32] Rosie Gray: that was also item #6
[10:32] Rosie Gray: we had all realized the need for some kind of community focal point in AM
[10:33] Lilith Ivory: and we were wondering if it was possible to take one parcel off the market to get this
[10:33] Rosie Gray: but we jump ahead a bit
[10:33] Sudane Erato: a mini village down in that corner of the sim?
[10:33] Rosie Gray: no
[10:33] Rosie Gray: not a mini village
[10:34] Rosie Gray: jsut something like a community hall
[10:34] Lilith Ivory: something like the chatelet we had in FS while it was a full region
[10:34] Rosie Gray: so that's where the ideas of a hunting & fishing club, or walking club came in
[10:35] Lilith Ivory: Alpenvereinsheim :)
[10:35] Tanoujin Milestone: "Naturfreundehaus!
[10:35] Rosie Gray: it would fit with the Alpine theme nicely, and give a community meeting place
[10:35] Delia Lake: which corner are we talking about?
[10:35] Lilith Ivory: yes!
[10:35] Lilith Ivory: the yellow parcel above the prim parcels
[10:35] Sudane Erato: will people go there if there's no sense of people being around there?
[10:35] Cathy Sabre: I had that thought too, Sudane
[10:35] Rosie Gray: we could use it for the things that are currently in the old Roman styled info area
[10:35] Sudane Erato: northwest corner
[10:35] Rosie Gray: which really has to go
[10:35] Lilith Ivory: I dare to say they will go there as likely as to the platz or the forum :)
[10:36] Cathy Sabre: If they get a LM
[10:36] Sudane Erato: Delia, right across the sim line from the Sanctuary I built
[10:36] Kyoko Furse-Barzane (samara.barzane): You could also do an exhibit on the ecology of the alpine regions or some such
[10:36] Rosie Gray: yes!
[10:36] Delia Lake: ok
[10:36] Sudane Erato: yes
[10:36] Kyoko Furse-Barzane (samara.barzane) looks at Delia LOL
[10:36] Sudane Erato: hehe
[10:37] Delia Lake: yes, I could do that, Kyoko :)
[10:37] Rosie Gray: well let's worry about the parcels and building first ㋡
[10:38] Delia Lake: which kind of leads into why the water in one spot is so turquoise. it's not an accident but an attraction of rl alpine lakes. https://www.google.com/search?q=turquoi ... 04M:&vet=1
[10:39] Kyoko Furse-Barzane (samara.barzane): yep
[10:39] Kyoko Furse-Barzane (samara.barzane): glacial lakes also
[10:39] Delia Lake: yes
[10:39] Rosie Gray: hmmm, but the creeks and waterfalls aren't that colour
[10:39] Delia Lake: yes some are
[10:39] Sudane Erato: regarding the re-parceling, we could certainly re-parcel horizonally, which would automatically give access to the existing roads
[10:40] Rosie Gray: are they?
[10:40] Lilith Ivory: yes that was the plan
[10:40] Sudane Erato: probably would take only 4 parcels, not 5
[10:40] Sudane Erato: maybe 5
[10:40] Lilith Ivory: are we talking about 5 now or something else??
[10:41] Sudane Erato: I was referring to 5, yes
[10:41] Lilith Ivory nods
[10:41] Lilith Ivory: yes
[10:41] Rosie Gray: we are jumping around a bit, but they do tie in together all these questions of roads and parcels
[10:41] Sudane Erato: yes they do
[10:41] Lilith Ivory: No 5 is the most easy thing to do I think lol
[10:42] Rosie Gray: yes that's straightforward
[10:42] Rosie Gray: do we all agree on that one?
[10:42] Sudane Erato: except that Tor owns the corner
[10:42] Lilith Ivory: yes :)
[10:42] Lilith Ivory: we can just reparcel DH6 ans 7 for now
[10:42] Rosie Gray: we don't need to touch his parcel
[10:42] Sudane Erato: I'm ok with that
[10:42] Sudane Erato: oh... yes we do
[10:43] Rosie Gray: we do?
[10:43] Sudane Erato: it occupies half the north/south space
[10:43] Rosie Gray: we are talking about DH6 and DH7, yes?
[10:43] Sudane Erato: into which we propose to fit 4 or 5 horizontal parcels
[10:43] Almut Brunswick is online.
[10:43] Sudane Erato: well
[10:44] Sudane Erato: i'm talking about all 5 parcels
[10:44] Lilith Ivory: why don´t we leave Tors parcel untouched and reparcel only the ones which are yellow now
[10:44] Rosie Gray: they run vertically agains the hillside, but they could be reparcelled to run horizontally
[10:44] Lilith Ivory: especially the two smaller ones
[10:44] Delia Lake: did anyone ask Tor if he still wants that parcel?
[10:45] Sudane Erato: he's just paid tier
[10:45] Rosie Gray: we don't need to touch his parcel
[10:45] Delia Lake: he has a number of others he uses when he's here.
[10:45] Kyoko Furse-Barzane (samara.barzane): (after much nagging...)
[10:45] Lilith Ivory: I would not sugest anyone shold give up a parcel she or he pays for
[10:45] Sudane Erato: ok... then an alternate idea
[10:45] Sudane Erato: CH7 comes down from the east/west road
[10:45] Delia Lake: he may just have paid it to be a good citizen and contributor when he can't be inworld a lot right now
[10:45] Rosie Gray: there is a road above these parcels, and a road below... no need to touch any other parcels
[10:45] Sudane Erato: shorten that a bit
[10:46] Sudane Erato: then take the 2 DH parcels
[10:46] Sudane Erato: and CH8
[10:46] Sudane Erato: and make them 3 horizontal parcels
[10:46] Sudane Erato: they'll be narrow
[10:46] Sudane Erato: but all will be along the road
[10:46] Lilith Ivory: errmmmm ... I have no idea where CH8 is
[10:47] Lilith Ivory: wondering if we are really talking aout the same area
[10:47] Rosie Gray: the idea is to make them more flattened and a nicer shape
[10:47] Sudane Erato: its the existing parcel along the road
[10:47] Rosie Gray: yes I'm wondering the same thing, Lilith
[10:47] Lilith Ivory smiles
[10:47] Rosie Gray: it seemed pretty straightforward when we were looking at it
[10:47] Lilith Ivory: yes
[10:47] Tanoujin Milestone: you need the map....
[10:47] Sudane Erato: yes :)
[10:47] Tanoujin Milestone: to identify CH8
[10:48] Lilith Ivory: when you look at the map right now you see two small long parcels and a square one beside them
[10:48] Rosie Gray: just bring up the world map
[10:48] Lilith Ivory: Rosie and me were talking about the two small ones
[10:48] Rosie Gray: yes
[10:48] Sudane Erato: Lil, yes
[10:48] Sudane Erato: and the square one is CH8
[10:48] Lilith Ivory: I think Jon seattle had built row houses there in the beginning
[10:48] Lilith Ivory: ah I see
[10:48] Kyoko Furse-Barzane (samara.barzane): DH 7&8
[10:48] Rosie Gray: yes
[10:48] Rosie Gray: DH6 & 7, not 8
[10:49] Sudane Erato: if you only do DH 6 and 7, they still have no access to a road
[10:49] Sudane Erato: unless you bring a road from OMON
[10:49] Sudane Erato: MON
[10:49] Lilith Ivory: both parcels have access already and will still have when we reparcel them
[10:50] Rosie Gray nods
[10:50] Sudane Erato: no... thjey don't
[10:50] Lilith Ivory: we are talking about the parcels besides the mexana -far away from monastery and the prim parcels
[10:50] Sudane Erato: no
[10:50] Rosie Gray: yes they do Sudane
[10:50] Lilith Ivory: lol
[10:50] Sudane Erato: the prim parcels
[10:50] Rosie Gray: zoom your camera to see
[10:50] Lilith Ivory: should we jump down and have a look?
[10:50] Rosie Gray: not prim parcels
[10:51] Sudane Erato: oh!
[10:51] Rosie Gray: they are the two parcels beside the Mexana
[10:51] Sudane Erato: I thought we're talking about the prim parcels
[10:51] Cathy Sabre: is all for a road trip
[10:51] Lilith Ivory: I guessed so :)
[10:51] Rosie Gray: just zoom your camera ㋡
[10:51] Lilith Ivory: the prim parcels are a problem indeed
[10:51] Sudane Erato: I'm zoomed :)
[10:51] Rosie Gray: hehe
[10:51] Rosie Gray: see there is a road upper and lower where we are talking
[10:51] Rosie Gray: for item 5
[10:52] Sudane Erato: yes, those were the houses that Moon built
[10:52] Rosie Gray: so it would be easy to do just those two
[10:52] Lilith Ivory: ah yes
[10:52] Rosie Gray: people find them difficult because they are steep
[10:52] Sudane Erato: yes... we can certainly re-parcel those as you suggest
[10:52] Rosie Gray: so if we tiered them
[10:52] Sudane Erato: sorry for my confusion
[10:52] Rosie Gray: it would be easier for people to use
[10:52] Sudane Erato: yes
[10:53] Rosie Gray: ㋡
[10:53] Rosie Gray: okay, whew :D
[10:53] Lilith Ivory smiles
[10:53] Sudane Erato: what about 8?
[10:53] Sudane Erato: thats got the same prob
[10:54] Rosie Gray: where is 8?
[10:54] Sudane Erato: next to 6 and 7
[10:54] Sudane Erato: to the east
[10:54] Lilith Ivory: the square one?
[10:54] Sudane Erato: has a lot of trees on it now
[10:54] Sudane Erato: no
[10:54] Rosie Gray: the square one next is CH4
[10:54] Rosie Gray: oh I see CH8
[10:54] Sudane Erato: DH 6,7 and 8
[10:55] Sudane Erato: they were 3 houses built by Moon
[10:55] Sudane Erato: never very successful
[10:55] Rosie Gray: long gone
[10:55] Sudane Erato: yes
[10:55] Rosie Gray: and now prim land
[10:55] Rosie Gray: right
[10:55] Sudane Erato: well... used for prims maybe, but not designated such
[10:55] Rosie Gray: and this is where items 6 & 7 come in
[10:56] Rosie Gray: DH9 is designated prim land
[10:56] Sudane Erato: ahh... over there
[10:56] Rosie Gray: and DH10
[10:56] Sudane Erato: exactly
[10:56] Sudane Erato: thats where I was looking first
[10:56] Rosie Gray: right
[10:56] Sudane Erato: but 8 is next to 6 and 7
[10:57] Rosie Gray: okay... before we get further into this
[10:57] Rosie Gray: we've agree on item 5
[10:57] Lilith Ivory: I think if there is a third small parcel we should think about reparceling this too
[10:57] Rosie Gray: do you have to do this, Sudane? or can someone else help?
[10:57] Sudane Erato: I would add to that a possible reparceling of 8
[10:58] Sudane Erato: well... Rudeen should do it, cause the tierboxes will need modification too
[10:58] Rosie Gray nods
[10:58] Rosie Gray: sorry to always make work for you
[10:58] Sudane Erato: she can do it
[10:58] Sudane Erato: lol... no prob :)
[10:59] Rosie Gray: okay, it's on the document now :D
[10:59] Sudane Erato: tomorrow is a holiday... no work! :)
[10:59] Cathy Sabre: no rl work
[10:59] Sudane Erato: right :)
[10:59] Rosie Gray: hehe
[10:59] Kyoko Furse-Barzane (samara.barzane): it is?
[10:59] Sudane Erato: Columbus Day
[10:59] Kyoko Furse-Barzane (samara.barzane) *coughs*
[11:00] Rosie Gray: commemorating the invasion of N. America
[11:00] Sudane Erato: yep
[11:00] Kyoko Furse-Barzane (samara.barzane): exactly
[11:00] Sudane Erato: lovely
[11:00] Rosie Gray: and the systemic genocide of its indigenous inhabitants!
[11:00] Rosie Gray: but I digress
[11:00] Sudane Erato: :)
[11:00] Tanoujin Milestone: :)
[11:01] Delia Lake: some places are changing the holiday to indigenous peoples day
[11:01] Sudane Erato: Since i'm doing that, can I add the reparceling horizontally of DH 9 and 10?
[11:01] Sudane Erato: to enable them to be accessed from OMON
[11:01] Sudane Erato: and also to be sold as normal parcels?
[11:01] Rosie Gray: well DH9 is owned
[11:01] Rosie Gray: by Tor
[11:02] Rosie Gray: I don't suppose he would mind, but we need to ask him
[11:02] Sudane Erato: oh... right
[11:02] Sudane Erato: yes
[11:02] Rosie Gray: I think it would be great if you did that, with Tor's permission
[11:03] Lilith Ivory: I agree
[11:03] Lilith Ivory: too bad we didn´t have the idea while he was here
[11:03] Rosie Gray: it's a prim parcel for him, so will need to be careful
[11:03] Kyoko Furse-Barzane (samara.barzane): right
[11:03] Sudane Erato: he wouldn't need to do anything, as he has enough prims available... he's not depending on it
[11:03] Lilith Ivory: I guess he bought it before the prim upgrate
[11:03] Rosie Gray: ㋡
[11:04] Lilith Ivory: but better to get him involved
[11:04] Kyoko Furse-Barzane (samara.barzane): and for me I'd rather not disturb his parcels
[11:04] Rosie Gray: yes
[11:04] Sudane Erato: so if someone can reach him?
[11:04] Rosie Gray: I can contact him
[11:04] Tanoujin Milestone: :D
[11:04] Delia Lake: we should be able to reach him, yes
[11:04] Rosie Gray: and ask him to talk to you, Sudane
[11:04] Sudane Erato: ok
[11:04] Sudane Erato: i could email him i guess
[11:04] Lilith Ivory: sadly he doesn´t read his Tor emails :(
[11:04] Rosie Gray: he doesn't respond these days to his SL email
[11:05] Sudane Erato: oh :(
[11:05] Sudane Erato: ok... well... do what you can
[11:05] Rosie Gray: yes, we'll get him ㋡
[11:05] Tanoujin Milestone: doesn't he have a red phone?
[11:05] Sudane Erato: hehe
[11:05] Sudane Erato: we wish :)
[11:05] Lilith Ivory: we can send Kyoko over to his RL home lol
[11:05] Delia Lake: Rosie, Lil, and I do chat with him occasionally so we should be able to reach him
[11:06] Kyoko Furse-Barzane (samara.barzane): LOL
[11:06] Sudane Erato: hehe... good idea Lil :)
[11:06] Kyoko Furse-Barzane (samara.barzane): I can reach him too
[11:06] Tanoujin Milestone: good to know!
[11:06] Kyoko Furse-Barzane (samara.barzane): That's how I nag him about tier
[11:06] Sudane Erato: Rosie, those are DH
[11:06] Rosie Gray: oops
[11:06] Sudane Erato: DH 9 and 10
[11:07] Rosie Gray: got it, thanks
[11:07] Sudane Erato: yep :)
[11:07] Rosie Gray: right, so now we are at the community hall idea again
[11:08] Rosie Gray: perhaps Lilith can expand on her idea around this?
[11:08] Tanoujin Milestone: may I ask?
[11:08] Rosie Gray: sure Tan
[11:08] Lilith Ivory: Tan?
[11:08] Tanoujin Milestone: Do we want 'both' a Schützenvereinsheim" and a Wander vereinsheim, or is that variations of the same idea?
[11:09] Lilith Ivory: lol
[11:09] Tanoujin Milestone: ;)
[11:09] Rosie Gray: I think you have it
[11:09] Rosie Gray: variations on the same idea
[11:09] Lilith Ivory: I think one is just fine
[11:09] Tanoujin Milestone: somewhat relieved :D
[11:09] Lilith Ivory giggles
[11:09] Sudane Erato: hehe
[11:09] Rosie Gray: we only need one :D
[11:09] Rosie Gray: Lilith?
[11:10] Sudane Erato: would that be the location of the info center?
[11:10] Lilith Ivory: well I was thinking about using the parcel above the prim parcels as comunity center to give them access to public land this way
[11:10] Lilith Ivory: but as Sudane has another idea to give them road access we don´t depend on this any longer
[11:11] Sudane Erato: hmmmm
[11:11] Rosie Gray: but we still need a bigger space than that little corner, I think
[11:11] Sudane Erato: it would be better in CH8, as that is along the main road
[11:12] Sudane Erato: and a community center needs to be central some how
[11:12] Sudane Erato: and that alo would give access to the prim parcels
[11:12] Sudane Erato: also
[11:12] Cathy Sabre: I agree, or at least on a major thoroughfare
[11:12] Lilith Ivory: does it work to put a "private" parcel off the market?
[11:12] Rosie Gray: true, but it's low
[11:12] Sudane Erato: true
[11:13] Lilith Ivory: wasn´t the plan any region should be able to support itself tierwise
[11:13] Rosie Gray: if we are doing an Alpine thing
[11:13] Sudane Erato: well, we are adding the former history museum back on the market
[11:13] Sudane Erato: so
[11:14] Sudane Erato: this would be taking something off in exchange
[11:14] Rosie Gray: personally I'd rather see some perennially unused land used for something that would be useful
[11:15] Sudane Erato: those parcels meet that criteria :)
[11:15] Delia Lake: yes. it a plot has been unsold for years it should be repurposed or redone
[11:15] Cathy Sabre: agrees
[11:16] Cathy Sabre: All the yellow could be used for something, while waiting for a private steward
[11:16] Rosie Gray: but in this case, we want to make it permanent
[11:16] Cathy Sabre: Yes
[11:16] Sudane Erato: yes
[11:17] Delia Lake: yes. we don't want to build a community center and have to take it away in 5 days
[11:17] Sudane Erato: :)
[11:17] Rosie Gray: does everyone agree with item 3. Old Roman styled info centre needs to go or be very upgraded, built in 2008?
[11:17] Delia Lake: yes
[11:17] Cathy Sabre: I was just speaking in general
[11:17] Lilith Ivory: yes
[11:17] Sudane Erato: yes
[11:18] Rosie Gray: ㋡
[11:18] Cathy Sabre: yes
[11:18] Delia Lake: or yes as in yes please!
[11:18] Sudane Erato: :)
[11:18] Cathy Sabre: yes please
[11:18] Lilith Ivory smiles
[11:18] Rosie Gray: okay, so we remove that and create this new community centre where those things can go, as well as the theme of the centre
[11:18] Sudane Erato: when it gets taken please alert me, as I have scanners there
[11:19] Rosie Gray nods
[11:19] Rosie Gray: I would think we leave them until the new place is ready
[11:19] Rosie Gray: and then they are the first things to go in
[11:19] Rosie Gray: but... which parcel?
[11:19] Sudane Erato: ok :)
[11:19] Sudane Erato: I'd vote for CH8
[11:20] Lilith Ivory: which one is that?
[11:20] Sudane Erato: Tors parcel would be perfect
[11:20] Rosie Gray: the only reservation I have about CH8 isthat it is so low
[11:20] Sudane Erato: but
[11:20] Sudane Erato: Tor owns it
[11:20] Rosie Gray: and for an Alpine nature centre, we need it to be in the alpine
[11:20] Delia Lake: wonder if Tor would switch if he still wants a plot there?
[11:20] Sudane Erato: well then
[11:21] Rosie Gray: what about CH4 or CH7?
[11:21] Sudane Erato: I'd vote for one of the row houses up above
[11:21] Lilith Ivory: I am afraid Tor might downsize if we ask him to give something up
[11:21] Rosie Gray: that's what I think too, Lilith
[11:21] Rosie Gray: I'd rather not disturb that
[11:21] Sudane Erato: there's a community there, in theory, and an info center should be near community
[11:21] Lilith Ivory: I agree Rosie
[11:22] Rosie Gray: hmmm... perhaps the idea of it hasn't been fully explained
[11:22] Rosie Gray: Maybe Lilith or Tan could explain a Wandervereinsheim
[11:22] Kyoko Furse-Barzane (samara.barzane): I agree don't disturb Tor
[11:22] Delia Lake: how bad would it be if Tor downsized 1 parcel?
[11:22] Rosie Gray: or Schützenheim
[11:23] Lilith Ivory: it´s really something like we had in Friedsee in the beginning
[11:23] Kyoko Furse-Barzane (samara.barzane): it sets a precendent for him to keep doing it
[11:23] Lilith Ivory: a place to hold events and for citizens to gather
[11:23] Kyoko Furse-Barzane (samara.barzane): *precedant
[11:23] Rosie Gray: and with a real nature focus, yes? rural?
[11:24] Lilith Ivory: yes exactly
[11:24] Lilith Ivory: Tan, what do you think?
[11:24] Sudane Erato: what in english they call a grange?
[11:25] Rosie Gray: https://duckduckgo.com/?q=hiking+club+a ... iax=images
[11:25] Rosie Gray: these sort of things
[11:25] Delia Lake: I don't think so re Tor. He uses Eagle's Nest, and he sometimes uses the vineyard where he keeps his dog. Tor only took that corner plot as a pasture when he was Chancellor and thought maybe there should be a place for people to gather and sit therefore the loft-deck
[11:25] Lilith Ivory: yes Sudane
[11:26] Delia Lake: grange makes me think of New England community potluck suppers
[11:26] Rosie Gray: I would really like to leave him alone with his parcels
[11:26] Lilith Ivory: Delia I am worried Tor might leave us completely if we start asking him to give up parcels in CDS
[11:26] Delia Lake: hmmm. I don't think so but it could be
[11:27] Rosie Gray: hopefully he will be back in full force sometime
[11:27] Lilith Ivory: imo Tor has lost interest in CDS a lot
[11:27] Lilith Ivory: :(
[11:27] Sudane Erato: :(
[11:27] Rosie Gray: in SL in general, I think :(
[11:27] Lilith Ivory: yes
[11:27] Rosie Gray: so we don't need to encourage him that way, in my opinion.
[11:27] Kyoko Furse-Barzane (samara.barzane): The chancellor agrees
[11:27] Lilith Ivory: I absolutely agree Rosie
[11:27] Delia Lake: ok
[11:28] Cathy Sabre: I think you are all correct about Tor.
[11:28] Rosie Gray: he is generous, and he remembers his times here fondly.... we hope he comes back!
[11:28] Cathy Sabre: frowns.
[11:28] Lilith Ivory: yes!
[11:28] Cathy Sabre: Or at least supports his memories
[11:29] Rosie Gray nods
[11:29] Rosie Gray: there is CS1, CH7...
[11:30] Delia Lake: CH 7 is toward Monastery
[11:30] Rosie Gray: DH7 and 8, as reparcelled
[11:30] Delia Lake: don't know CS1
[11:30] Sudane Erato: Are the D's really big enough?
[11:30] Rosie Gray: CS1 is towards the sim edge
[11:30] Delia Lake: which edge?
[11:30] Rosie Gray: void edge
[11:31] Rosie Gray: across from my place ㋡
[11:31] Lilith Ivory wonders where Rosies place is :)
[11:31] Rosie Gray: lol
[11:31] Rosie Gray: east
[11:32] Rosie Gray: sorry I am not good with NSEW directions
[11:32] Lilith Ivory: the one under Tors parcel?
[11:32] Sudane Erato: Well, I would support DH6, next to the music hall
[11:32] Rosie Gray: under Hunter's parcel
[11:32] Lilith Ivory: besides the parcel of howshername?
[11:32] Rosie Gray: yes
[11:32] Rosie Gray: Cici
[11:33] Lilith Ivory: I would not take this parcel of the market as I consider it as prime location
[11:33] Sudane Erato: its central, and somewhat up the hill
[11:33] Lilith Ivory: unblockable view
[11:33] Delia Lake: yes. that parcel might work
[11:33] Rosie Gray: which parcel?
[11:33] Delia Lake: it doesn't sell well, it's next to the river and it has a view
[11:33] Rosie Gray: CS1
[11:34] Lilith Ivory: it sold better than others in the past
[11:34] Lilith Ivory: I would porefer to choose another parcel
[11:34] Lilith Ivory: *prefer
[11:34] Rosie Gray: on the other hand, CH7 is hard for people to build on because it is so steep
[11:34] Rosie Gray: might be better for us to use
[11:35] Lilith Ivory: I´d prefer this one
[11:35] Sudane Erato: its right against Mon
[11:36] Rosie Gray: yes, also Alpine, so it works that way too
[11:36] Sudane Erato: but, yes, it is hard to build on
[11:36] Rosie Gray: could be considered an Alpine centre for both regions that way
[11:36] Lilith Ivory: better to have us build on it than leaving this task to a citizen :)
[11:36] Sudane Erato: whoever builds it, please don't make it on a high platform
[11:36] Rosie Gray: yes, what Lilith said
[11:36] Kyoko Furse-Barzane (samara.barzane): what sudane said
[11:37] Sudane Erato: agreed on all
[11:37] Rosie Gray: so we are agreed on CH7?
[11:37] Cathy Sabre: yes
[11:38] Sudane Erato: yes
[11:38] Lilith Ivory: yes
[11:38] Rosie Gray: great!
[11:38] Sudane Erato: so... is it a farmers club or a hiking/fishing club?
[11:38] Sudane Erato: :)
[11:38] Cathy Sabre: yes
[11:39] Kyoko Furse-Barzane (samara.barzane): drinking club?
[11:39] Sudane Erato: and who will build it? :)
[11:39] Lilith Ivory: hiking / fishing club for farmers :)
[11:39] Sudane Erato: hehe
[11:39] Cathy Sabre: and docents
[11:40] Rosie Gray: docents?
[11:40] Rosie Gray: are we all becoming associate professors?
[11:40] Cathy Sabre: yes
[11:41] Sudane Erato: sorry... i'll have to leave at noon
[11:41] Rosie Gray: we have made good progress
[11:41] Sudane Erato: yes :)
[11:41] Lilith Ivory: I have to leave soon too
[11:41] Cathy Sabre: A lecturer or tour guide in a museum or cathedral.
[11:41] Rosie Gray: me as well, as we are hving Thanksgiving dinner this evening
[11:41] Sudane Erato: neat!!
[11:42] Rosie Gray has some cooking to do
[11:42] Cathy Sabre: So, table the rest of the agenda?
[11:42] Rosie Gray: we still have 15 minutes
[11:42] Sudane Erato: can I ask for another agenda item in old business... to get added?
[11:42] Rosie Gray: sure
[11:43] Tanoujin Milestone: bye for now, see you all soon . RL is calling
[11:43] Rosie Gray: okay bye Tan
[11:43] Kyoko Furse-Barzane (samara.barzane): bye Tan
[11:43] Rosie Gray: thanks for coming
[11:43] Kyoko Furse-Barzane (samara.barzane): an
[11:43] Sudane Erato: just that someone go thru the stuff in the classroom upstairs, and see what can get moved to the new history museum location
[11:43] Rosie Gray: oh okay
[11:43] Rosie Gray: wb Lilith
[11:43] Second Life: Cosmopolitan Events owned by Corina Wonder gave you 'Cosmopolitan {Round 10/8} 7th - 19th October' ( Dekade (10,7,3002) ).
[11:43] Lilith Ivory: thank you
[11:44] Sudane Erato: i'd like to clear unneeded prims on this parcel
[11:44] Sudane Erato: if possible
[11:44] Delia Lake: to finish on 9, there are turquoise alpine rivers as well as lakes. we may choose to change the color but they are true to rl alpine sites. https://earthscience.stackexchange.com/ ... green-blue
[11:44] Rosie Gray: good idea
[11:45] Rosie Gray nods at delia
[11:45] Lilith Ivory: I am fine with everything that looks naturalistic here in SL
[11:45] Rosie Gray: they aren't like that in our alpine, but I guess they are some places ㋡
[11:45] Sudane Erato: well... at some point we'll be changing the rivers to the new Skye water
[11:45] Sudane Erato: so we can see if that water supports that shade of blue
[11:46] Sudane Erato: i think its nice
[11:46] Rosie Gray: yes, those new ones are very realistic
[11:47] Sudane Erato: Tan's back!
[11:47] Kyoko Furse-Barzane (samara.barzane): Husband's plane just landed. Need to clean the house fast LOL
[11:47] Lilith Ivory: wb :)
[11:47] Rosie Gray: wb Tan
[11:47] Tanoujin Milestone: lol, this was much quicker than i suspected
[11:47] Rosie Gray: haha Kyoko
[11:47] Delia Lake: they are in the bavarian alps and the italian alps
[11:47] Rosie Gray: bye
[11:47] Tanoujin Milestone: thank you!
[11:47] Lilith Ivory: oh, did we crash at the same time?
[11:47] Sudane Erato: bye Kyoko :)
[11:47] Kyoko Furse-Barzane (samara.barzane) is offline.
[11:48] Tanoujin Milestone: bye Kyoko :)
[11:49] Rosie Gray: have you looked at the stuff upstairs, Sudane?
[11:49] Rosie Gray: you probably have more permissions on them than anyone else
[11:49] Sudane Erato: i haven't inspected it closely
[11:49] Sudane Erato: oh!
[11:50] Sudane Erato: ok... I'll look then
[11:50] Rosie Gray: I don't mind having a look, but just thinking that ㋡
[11:50] Sudane Erato: i agree
[11:50] Delia Lake: I don't think I have anything on this plot anymore
[11:50] Sudane Erato: you have 1 prim Delia :)
[11:51] Sudane Erato: hehe
[11:51] Rosie Gray: Symo Kurka, Jon Seattle, Sleazy Writer
[11:51] Delia Lake: lol
[11:51] Rofina Bronet is online.
[11:51] Rosie Gray: those are the ones we are concerned with
[11:51] Sudane Erato: Symo's are hopeless
[11:51] Sudane Erato: no one has his perms
[11:52] Rosie Gray: I can take away the Kiosk, Sudane
[11:52] Rosie Gray: below us
[11:52] Rosie Gray: it's 9 prims
[11:52] Sudane Erato: oh... i wasn't thinking that... but perhaps you should
[11:52] Rosie Gray: just put it there really because there was nothing down there
[11:52] Rosie Gray: okay
[11:53] Sudane Erato: thats another project... to equip here with the things we want here
[11:53] Sudane Erato: we've talked about that i think
[11:53] Rosie Gray: yes I agree
[11:54] Rosie Gray: I am seeing that I have 39 prims on this parcel but am not sure what they all are
[11:54] Rosie Gray: anyway ㋡
[11:55] Rosie Gray: will try to find out what and reduce
[11:55] Sudane Erato: easy to locate... just highlight your name
[11:55] Rosie Gray: I have
[11:55] Rosie Gray: but only seeing the chairs and the logo which don't add up to that
[11:55] Rosie Gray: maybe there is something upstairs
[11:55] Sudane Erato: logo outside
[11:56] Tanoujin Milestone: an earring with 29 prims at 5000 m
[11:56] Rosie Gray: hehe
[11:56] Sudane Erato: hehe
[11:56] Rosie Gray: well looks like we are just about out of time
[11:56] Rosie Gray: I have one proposal
[11:56] Delia Lake: I can't get the objects to list here
[11:57] Rosie Gray: that Lilith and I work on the community centre building together
[11:57] Sudane Erato: Delia, yours is the box in the corner behind you
[11:57] Rosie Gray: once she has finished the large building in CN she is working on
[11:57] Delia Lake: gone
[11:57] Cathy Sabre: Great, Rosie
[11:57] Delia Lake: ty
[11:57] Sudane Erato: :)
[11:57] Lilith Ivory smiles
[11:57] Sudane Erato: sounds good to me!
[11:58] Rosie Gray: a joint project ;)
[11:58] Tanoujin Milestone pokes Llilith
[11:58] Lilith Ivory: yes?
[11:58] Cathy Sabre: Looks like you have a mandate, if Lilith agrees
[11:58] Lilith Ivory: passes the joint to Tan
[11:58] Tanoujin Milestone: no yay from you?
[11:58] Sudane Erato: hehe
[11:58] Rosie Gray: hehe
[11:58] Lilith Ivory: yay lol
[11:58] Tanoujin Milestone: urggg
[11:58] Rosie Gray: say yes, Lilith!
[11:58] Lilith Ivory: YES!
[11:58] Lilith Ivory: lol
[11:59] Rosie Gray: thank you
[11:59] Rosie Gray: :D
[11:59] Sudane Erato: Last time I did a joint project with Rosie, we created the Schloss, and it came out pretty good!
[11:59] Cathy Sabre: move to adjourn?
[11:59] Rosie Gray: since we are out of time, Motion to table the remaining items
[11:59] Sudane Erato: So I'm all in favor!
[11:59] Lilith Ivory: I was thinking my yes was already included in Rosies proposal :)
[11:59] Tanoujin Milestone: ah, silly me!
[11:59] Cathy Sabre: Move to table the remaining items on the agenda
[11:59] Sudane Erato: agreed
[11:59] Rosie Gray: I already made the motion, so will take that as your second, Cathy
[11:59] Rosie Gray: all in favour?
[12:00] Cathy Sabre: aye
[12:00] Sudane Erato: aye
[12:00] Lilith Ivory: aye
[12:00] Rosie Gray: aye
[12:00] Rosie Gray: Motion to adjourn
[12:00] Cathy Sabre: Move to adjourn
[12:00] Rosie Gray: second
[12:00] Rosie Gray: all in favour
[12:00] Cathy Sabre: aye
[12:00] Lilith Ivory: aye
[12:00] Rosie Gray: aye
[12:01] Sudane Erato: aye
[12:01] Rosie Gray: motion carried
[12:01] Rosie Gray: thanks everyone!
[12:01] Cathy Sabre: next meeting?
[12:01] Tanoujin Milestone: :D
[12:01] Rosie Gray: oops, you are right
[12:01] Rosie Gray: damn
[12:01] Tanoujin Milestone: lol, bye for now!
[12:01] Rosie Gray: okay, suggestions?
[12:01] Cathy Sabre whispers: mid Nov
[12:01] Sudane Erato: 2 weeks is good for me
[12:01] Sudane Erato: same time
[12:01] Cathy Sabre: two weeks is okay
[12:01] Rosie Gray: October 27th?
[12:01] Cathy Sabre: Yes
[12:01] Cathy Sabre: Yes
[12:02] Delia Lake: ok
[12:02] Sudane Erato: yes
[12:02] Lilith Ivory: fine for me
[12:02] Rosie Gray: how is that for everyone?
[12:02] Rosie Gray: Badger, you are the quiet one!
[12:02] Rosie Gray: you are allowed to give your opinions too ㋡
[12:02] Sudane Erato: :)
[12:02] badgerofzen: :)
[12:03] badgerofzen: tc all have a good day
[12:03] Lilith Ivory: bye badger
[12:03] Rosie Gray: bye
[12:03] Rosie Gray: so Oct. 27, 10 am slt?
[12:03] Lilith Ivory: fine for me
[12:03] Sudane Erato: yes
[12:04] Rosie Gray: great!
[12:04] Rosie Gray: now I have to make a pumpkin pie
[12:04] Lilith Ivory: yummy
[12:04] Rosie Gray: see you all soon ㋡
[12:04] Delia Lake: sounds good.
Post Reply

Return to “Land Use Commission-Announcements”