6-28 LUC Meeting minutes

Announcements and transcripts of the Land Use Commission

Moderator: SC Moderators

Post Reply
User avatar
Mizou Vavoom
Veteran debater
Veteran debater
Posts: 257
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:03 am
Location: Ireland, Colonia Nova & Neufreistadt
Contact:

6-28 LUC Meeting minutes

Post by Mizou Vavoom »

Land Use Commission
Minutes
Sunday June 28, 2020, 12.30 am SLT

Land Use Commission - Transcript
Sunday June 18, 2020, 12:30 am SLT

LUC members: Almut - Chairperson, Delia - Pro Tempore, Sudane Erato, Brooke, Mizou - Secretary
Absent members: Ritchie
Guests: Lilith Ivory, Lyubov, Tan

1. Call to order: nil – no chair – Kyoko has quit and Almut is now taking her place, so we need to elect a chair
2. Nominations for the chairperson for the LUC:
• Delia – voted by Almut, Brooke
• Almut [showed interest in being nominated as chair, so she was briefed on what a LUC chair does (organising meetings, writing the next agenda, keeping projects organised, recommend, organise meetings] – voted by Sudane, Mizou, Delia
3. New LUC chair is Almut, new Pro Tempore is Delia – voted by Mizou, Sudane, Brooke, abstain Delia.
4. Mizou continues to be the secretary
5. Approval of last meeting Minutes at 12:43- Moved by Sudane, second by Mizou, voted by Delia, Sudane, Mizou, and Delia. Motion carried at 12:45.
6. Old Business:
• Alpine Meadow :
• Naming new paths: Gaius is reconvening the Roads Committee, Mizou is on the committee.
• AM community centre progress: Rosie is trying to ‘pin down Pip who is the guest of honour – this is not part of the LUC jobs- just a side note.
• List of public spaces: Delia passed a draft for LA to everyone and it got great reviews from all.
• Text about the Quays is missing – it does not feel much like a public place. Lyubov put out some café decorations but they can be removed at any time for public purposes. This area is scheduled for re-design – small changes (done day after meeting).
• Suggestion to add a map image to the notecard
7. New business:
• Friedsee improvements:
1) RA needs to approve aspects of the plan as there was some hassle in the RA that they didn’t find well-informed over the ongoing work and planning.
• Lyubov: Yes, at Tuesday's RA meeting, a motion carried "that the LUC be directed to begin forum discussion with all proposed changes and to prepare a formal work plan that will be presented to the RA before further work may continue". I am here now to advise the LUC of this direction.
• Lilith: I think the LUC needs to write down a plan about what the LUC wants to do and publish it on the forum
• Rosie: I think that it is up to the LUC to write it up on the forum
• Sudane: we got the process a bit confused owing to ambiguity in the laws
• Rosie: the process is, the LUC plans and makes recommendations and the RA approves ‘major changes’
• Lyubov Atheria:This is the CDS law: https://cdsdemocracy.org/faqs/nl-5-7-civil-service-act/
• Lyubov Atheria: "D. Transparent Region Development Guidelines

Permanent changes to public land, outside of the seasonal tree and ground texture changes and official CDS temporary structures for events, have to be announced in the forums and allow a comment period of 2 weeks, to make sure the interests of neighboring parcel owners are taken into account. Public spaces have to be developed in accordance with policy and changes need to be subject to public comment and review."
• Lyubov Atheria: I would also state, that the LUC Act itself states: SECTION I: FORMATION OF A STANDING LAND-USE COMMISSION

The Representative Assembly (RA), in accord with its constitutionally mandated service role to “perform long term planning,”
[2020/06/28 13:45] Lyubov Atheria: This would be considered "long term planning" per the RA's Constitutional mandate.
• Almut Brunswick: I would like to assign the task to amend or to correct the existing law in this respect for more clarity and to submit it as a proposal to the RA.
[2020/06/28 13:52] Lyubov Atheria: Upon my first serious look at the LUC Act, I do see several areas for improvement and clarification. I think we all are aware of ongoing conflicts and confusion, so I do agree the RA can take this as an agenda item.
[2020/06/28 13:52] Lyubov Atheria: I think the RA would be open so the LUC's recommendations for improving the LUC Act.
• Question about ‘Should work be paused or not while waiting for LUC act to change by RA
• Sudane volunteered to write proposal with Lyubov and Rosie
• [2020/06/28 13:58] Lyubov Atheria: Yes the RA has directed a work stoppage. Awaiting approval of plan by RA


5. Next meeting: July 12, 2029, 12 PM SLT – Rathaus top floor
'Egidius, waer bestu bleven, mi lanct na di, gheselle mijn. Du coors die doot, du liets mi tleven. Dat was gheselscap, goet ende fijn.'
Gruuthuuse-handschrift -circa 1400
Post Reply

Return to “Land Use Commission-Announcements”