7 - 12, LUC Meeting Transcript

Announcements and transcripts of the Land Use Commission

Moderator: SC Moderators

Post Reply
User avatar
Mizou Vavoom
Veteran debater
Veteran debater
Posts: 257
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:03 am
Location: Ireland, Colonia Nova & Neufreistadt
Contact:

7 - 12, LUC Meeting Transcript

Post by Mizou Vavoom »

Land Use Commission - Transcript
Sunday July 12, 2020, 12:00 am SLT

LUC members: Almut - Chairperson, Delia - Pro Tempore, Sudane Erato, Brooke, Mizou - Secretary
Absent members: Ritchie
Guests: Lilith Ivory, Lyubov, Em Warden, badgerFrozen, Pip

[2020/07/12 11:58] Brooke Brandenburg: as it's read into the transcript, I want the report to seem professional
[2020/07/12 11:59] Almut Brunswick: Yes, very good
[2020/07/12 11:59] Almut Brunswick: Hello Delia and Mizou
[2020/07/12 11:59] Delia Lake: Hi ;0
[2020/07/12 11:59] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): Hi Brooke
[2020/07/12 11:59] Brooke Brandenburg: Hi Delia, Mizou :)
[2020/07/12 11:59] Almut Brunswick: Hello Lyubov
[2020/07/12 11:59] Lyubov Atheria: :)
[2020/07/12 11:59] Delia Lake: Hu Lyubov
[2020/07/12 11:59] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): Hi Delia, hi almut
[2020/07/12 12:00] Brooke Brandenburg: Hello Sudane & Lyubov
[2020/07/12 12:00] Almut Brunswick: Hello Sudane
[2020/07/12 12:00] Sudane Erato: hi! :)
[2020/07/12 12:00] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): Hi Sudane
[2020/07/12 12:01] Almut Brunswick: Has everybody got the agenda? The link to Mizou's minutes meetings of June 28 is in the NC
[2020/07/12 12:01] Brooke Brandenburg: as soon as I get in a meeting, all the shopping ads start popping up
[2020/07/12 12:01] Delia Lake: hi Sudane
[2020/07/12 12:01] Almut Brunswick: hehehe yes
[2020/07/12 12:01] Sudane Erato: hehe
[2020/07/12 12:01] Brooke Brandenburg: smh
[2020/07/12 12:01] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): Thanks almut
[2020/07/12 12:01] Almut Brunswick: Ok, it is one minute past 12 PM, so let's start
[2020/07/12 12:02] Almut Brunswick: I assume everybody has got the agenda
[2020/07/12 12:02] Brooke Brandenburg: yes
[2020/07/12 12:02] Sudane Erato: i move we approve it :)
[2020/07/12 12:02] Brooke Brandenburg: I second that motion
[2020/07/12 12:02] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): second
[2020/07/12 12:02] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): lol
[2020/07/12 12:02] Brooke Brandenburg: :)
[2020/07/12 12:02] Almut Brunswick: So once again a formal "Hiya nice to have you all here today!"
[2020/07/12 12:03] Brooke Brandenburg: take it away Mizou!
[2020/07/12 12:03] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): :)
[2020/07/12 12:03] Almut Brunswick: Laughs
[2020/07/12 12:03] Sudane Erato: hehe
[2020/07/12 12:03] Sudane Erato: we're just enthusiastic! :)
[2020/07/12 12:03] Pip Torok: is online.
[2020/07/12 12:03] Brooke Brandenburg: :)
[2020/07/12 12:03] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): Was the meeting called to order before I got here? (for the minutes)
[2020/07/12 12:03] Almut Brunswick: Read it carefully. Of course we can add something to Miscellaneous, but we shouldn't exaggerate or we will spend hours by hours on these hard wooden chairs
[2020/07/12 12:04] Sudane Erato: hehe
[2020/07/12 12:04] Brooke Brandenburg: lol
[2020/07/12 12:04] Sudane Erato: mine is pretty cushy :)
[2020/07/12 12:04] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): they are definetly soft cushions, bought especially in Paris
[2020/07/12 12:04] Sudane Erato: hehe
[2020/07/12 12:04] Brooke Brandenburg: ooh la la
[2020/07/12 12:04] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): :)
[2020/07/12 12:05] Almut Brunswick: I take it as readiness for tedious voluntary works...
[2020/07/12 12:05] Sudane Erato: hey Badger :)
[2020/07/12 12:05] Almut Brunswick: Ok, our Chancellor Rosie asked me to tell you her regrets that she cannot make it today
[2020/07/12 12:06] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): ok
[2020/07/12 12:06] Delia Lake: hi badger
[2020/07/12 12:06] Brooke Brandenburg: Hi Em & badger
[2020/07/12 12:06] Almut Brunswick: Hello Em and Badgerofzen
[2020/07/12 12:06] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): Hi Lyubov and Em
[2020/07/12 12:06] Sudane Erato: hi Em :)
[2020/07/12 12:06] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): Hi Badfer
[2020/07/12 12:06] Delia Lake: hi Em
[2020/07/12 12:06] Pip Torok: hello all
[2020/07/12 12:06] badgerofzen: hullo
[2020/07/12 12:06] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): Hi Pip
[2020/07/12 12:06] Almut Brunswick: (Did Em run away or is she just grabbing another chair?)
[2020/07/12 12:06] Sudane Erato: hi Pip :)
[2020/07/12 12:06] Almut Brunswick: Hello Pip
[2020/07/12 12:06] Delia Lake: hi Pip
[2020/07/12 12:06] Brooke Brandenburg: she is on the stairs I think
[2020/07/12 12:06] badgerofzen: hullo all
[2020/07/12 12:07] Brooke Brandenburg: prob rezzing
[2020/07/12 12:07] Em Warden (emwarden): Hi all.. I have great connection troubles today, sorry
[2020/07/12 12:08] Delia Lake: mine isn't great either today
[2020/07/12 12:08] Brooke Brandenburg: Hi Pip
[2020/07/12 12:08] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): same here in Ireland really bad
[2020/07/12 12:09] Pip Torok: hello all
[2020/07/12 12:09] Sudane Erato: even quite bad in new york!
[2020/07/12 12:09] Almut Brunswick: Ok, when all are good with the proposed agenda, let's move to the discussion and approval of Mizou's meeting minutes
[2020/07/12 12:09] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): so all over the world
[2020/07/12 12:09] Brooke Brandenburg: My FPS seems very low everywhere I go
[2020/07/12 12:09] Brooke Brandenburg: yes, must be all over
[2020/07/12 12:09] Sudane Erato: i move we approve the mins... can't find any mistakes :)
[2020/07/12 12:09] Pip Torok: my o my
[2020/07/12 12:09] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): second
[2020/07/12 12:10] Almut Brunswick: second
[2020/07/12 12:10] Almut Brunswick: Thank you, Mizou, for getting finished the MoM before our meeting in due time
[2020/07/12 12:11] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): lol apologies
[2020/07/12 12:11] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): wont happen again so late in the day
[2020/07/12 12:11] Almut Brunswick: All good, no worries
[2020/07/12 12:11] Em Warden (emwarden): HHehehe
[2020/07/12 12:11] Almut Brunswick: Ok, Ladies, Gentlemen and Badgers, let's look at top 4: Old Business
[2020/07/12 12:12] Brooke Brandenburg: /me raises hand
[2020/07/12 12:12] Almut Brunswick: Brooke?+
[2020/07/12 12:13] Lilith Ivory: HI all
[2020/07/12 12:13] Brooke Brandenburg: Did we need a vote to approves the minutes?
[2020/07/12 12:13] Sudane Erato: hey Lil :)
[2020/07/12 12:13] badgerofzen: hullo
[2020/07/12 12:13] Almut Brunswick: Yes, let's approve them
[2020/07/12 12:13] Delia Lake: hi Lil
[2020/07/12 12:13] Sudane Erato: aye
[2020/07/12 12:13] Brooke Brandenburg: aye
[2020/07/12 12:13] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): aye
[2020/07/12 12:13] Almut Brunswick: aye
[2020/07/12 12:13] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): Hi Lil
[2020/07/12 12:14] Almut Brunswick: Hello Lilith
[2020/07/12 12:14] Almut Brunswick: no abstains, no nays?
[2020/07/12 12:14] Lilith Ivory: Hi everyone
[2020/07/12 12:14] Delia Lake: aye
[2020/07/12 12:14] Brooke Brandenburg: Hey Lilith
[2020/07/12 12:14] Sudane Erato: none! :)
[2020/07/12 12:15] Almut Brunswick: Sorry for my fast proceeding. Luckily Mizou stops me in the background if required:D
[2020/07/12 12:15] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): :)
[2020/07/12 12:15] Almut Brunswick: Ok, but now: 4: Old Business
[2020/07/12 12:15] Almut Brunswick: The biggest fish in the pond is still the Friedsee Improvements Project
[2020/07/12 12:16] Sudane Erato: waiting for approval from the RA
[2020/07/12 12:16] Almut Brunswick: Sunda, Lyubov, Brooke, would you like to report briefly about the current state?
[2020/07/12 12:16] Almut Brunswick: Sudane*
[2020/07/12 12:16] Almut Brunswick: (unknots her fingers)
[2020/07/12 12:16] Brooke Brandenburg: I believe work has halted?
[2020/07/12 12:16] Lyubov Atheria: Yes.
[2020/07/12 12:16] Sudane Erato: yes
[2020/07/12 12:17] Lyubov Atheria: The RA had a brief discussion about this at last Tuesday's meeting.
[2020/07/12 12:17] Lyubov Atheria: There is the ongoing and open Forum topic.
[2020/07/12 12:17] Lyubov Atheria: There has been general support on the Forum for the full plan as presented.
[2020/07/12 12:17] Lyubov Atheria: The topic was posted on 30 June.
[2020/07/12 12:18] Lyubov Atheria: The required 14 day public comment period runs through 13 July
[2020/07/12 12:18] Lyubov Atheria: The RA has scheduled a special meeting for Tuesday, 14 July, for the express purpose to vote on this plan
[2020/07/12 12:18] Sudane Erato: Great! :)
[2020/07/12 12:18] Almut Brunswick: What is your impression? Could we make good some points and will it pass the RA next Tuesday?
[2020/07/12 12:18] Lyubov Atheria: If approved, and I expect it will be, then work can begin immediately thereafter. Done.
[2020/07/12 12:19] Almut Brunswick: Thank you, Lyubov. At this place a special thanks to Sudane for her well-prepared project presentation and Brooke's report to the RA.
[2020/07/12 12:20] Sudane Erato: yvw :)
[2020/07/12 12:20] Brooke Brandenburg: :)
[2020/07/12 12:20] Lyubov Atheria: Thank you very much Sudane!
[2020/07/12 12:20] Brooke Brandenburg: yes, well done!
[2020/07/12 12:20] Almut Brunswick: Done. If there aren't any further comments to this topic, let's cross our fingers and recommence work after the RA's approval.
[2020/07/12 12:21] Sudane Erato: I agree :)
[2020/07/12 12:21] Brooke Brandenburg: hear, hear!
[2020/07/12 12:21] Almut Brunswick: B. List of public spaces. Delia, could you give us a brief status report?
[2020/07/12 12:23] Delia Lake: Last meeting I think we decided I should wait for the update info for LA quay to finish the sentences for that
[2020/07/12 12:24] Delia Lake: btw, the swings that Lyubov put out along the ocean are fun there. just like being a kid again
[2020/07/12 12:24] Almut Brunswick: Ah ok, then we'll do that. And this is already the keyword for the next sub-topic C: Situation at the Quays
[2020/07/12 12:24] Sudane Erato: neat :)
[2020/07/12 12:24] Lyubov Atheria: raise hand
[2020/07/12 12:24] Almut Brunswick: I know that Lyubov has invested a lot of ideas and dedication there
[2020/07/12 12:24] Almut Brunswick: yes please, Lyubov
[2020/07/12 12:26] Lyubov Atheria: sorry, still typing!
[2020/07/12 12:27] Almut Brunswick: Take your time
[2020/07/12 12:27] Lyubov Atheria: All of my personal items have been removed from the LA region, including the Harborfront/Quay area. TeacherKatherine how owns the 3 parcels in the main building, it is her floating swings that I see there, and Kyoko has purchased the boat slips, perhaps in preparation for the Venetian Nights event next week. It appears that Mizou has completed her roundabout (thank you!). Rosie has retextured the bridge. I believe, all that remains, is perhaps to re-do the seawall to make it 1 smooth curve instead of 2.
[2020/07/12 12:27] Lyubov Atheria: done.
[2020/07/12 12:27] Delia Lake: ok
[2020/07/12 12:27] Almut Brunswick: Thank you.
[2020/07/12 12:28] Lyubov Atheria: Kyoko has also replaced her plaza area with her cafe items that were there before.
[2020/07/12 12:28] Lyubov Atheria: So, I don't think there should be any remaining impediment to completing a Public Spaces for that area.
[2020/07/12 12:29] Delia Lake: I'll finish then
[2020/07/12 12:31] Almut Brunswick: Thank you, Lyubov. It seems that this longly a bit neglected corner of the sim is getting a vivid place in the CDS lands. Also thanks to Katherine's teaching activities, it seems to become a new touristic hotspot of the CDS these days.
[2020/07/12 12:31] Brooke Brandenburg: actually Lyubov had some very good entertainment there
[2020/07/12 12:32] Almut Brunswick: Oh yes
[2020/07/12 12:32] Brooke Brandenburg: It was very well done
[2020/07/12 12:32] Delia Lake: it was, yes.
[2020/07/12 12:33] Almut Brunswick: and the next event is up to take place there
[2020/07/12 12:33] Almut Brunswick: Are there any additions to this top yet?
[2020/07/12 12:35] Sudane Erato: the topic of the quays?
[2020/07/12 12:35] Almut Brunswick: Yes
[2020/07/12 12:36] Sudane Erato: Mizou has developed a plan I think?
[2020/07/12 12:36] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): The quays is done
[2020/07/12 12:36] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): it was done day after the last LUC meeting
[2020/07/12 12:36] Sudane Erato: great :)
[2020/07/12 12:36] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): I mean the roundabout
[2020/07/12 12:36] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): Rosie and myself worked on it
[2020/07/12 12:36] Brooke Brandenburg: is there a plan to reshape the quay?
[2020/07/12 12:37] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): it has the big map , the horse and bicycle stand
[2020/07/12 12:38] Almut Brunswick: We could have our next meeting there, so we all can take a look
[2020/07/12 12:38] Sudane Erato: that's a good idea :)
[2020/07/12 12:38] Almut Brunswick: even when it is breaking with a habit :D
[2020/07/12 12:38] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): /me nods
[2020/07/12 12:38] Sudane Erato: at one time we talked about meeting in different places
[2020/07/12 12:38] Almut Brunswick: ok for the records: Next meeting at the Quays
[2020/07/12 12:38] Sudane Erato: just for that purpose
[2020/07/12 12:39] Almut Brunswick: of course
[2020/07/12 12:39] Almut Brunswick: to get an overview
[2020/07/12 12:39] Lilith Ivory: oh btw ... I would highly appreciat it if there was a post about the next LUC meeting 24h in advantage
[2020/07/12 12:39] Almut Brunswick: There was a post 24 h in advantage
[2020/07/12 12:40] Lilith Ivory: ah, ok
[2020/07/12 12:40] Almut Brunswick: I sent it out yesterday
[2020/07/12 12:40] Sudane Erato: advance?
[2020/07/12 12:40] Almut Brunswick: in advannce
[2020/07/12 12:41] Almut Brunswick: And it is in the Google Calendar anyway
[2020/07/12 12:41] Almut Brunswick: Any further comments to the Quays?
[2020/07/12 12:41] Brooke Brandenburg: yes
[2020/07/12 12:41] Brooke Brandenburg: I asked if there was a plan yet for reshaping the quay
[2020/07/12 12:42] Sudane Erato: there had been one in an earlier plan
[2020/07/12 12:42] Sudane Erato: but
[2020/07/12 12:42] Sudane Erato: I don't think the latest plan included any reshaping
[2020/07/12 12:42] Sudane Erato: I'm not sure
[2020/07/12 12:42] Brooke Brandenburg: ok...thank you Sudane :)
[2020/07/12 12:42] Brooke Brandenburg: Done.
[2020/07/12 12:43] Almut Brunswick: Thank you. Shall we move to New Business now?
[2020/07/12 12:43] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): it was mentioned at one of the meetings
[2020/07/12 12:43] Brooke Brandenburg: yes I thought so
[2020/07/12 12:43] Sudane Erato: sure!
[2020/07/12 12:44] Brooke Brandenburg: good to get it back in the transcript :)
[2020/07/12 12:44] Almut Brunswick: Maybe this can be clarified till our next meeting
[2020/07/12 12:44] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): I shall check where we talked about it and put it in the minutes
[2020/07/12 12:44] Brooke Brandenburg: thank you Mizou :)
[2020/07/12 12:44] Brooke Brandenburg: you da best :)
[2020/07/12 12:45] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): :)
[2020/07/12 12:45] Almut Brunswick: Ok, then it should be retrievable
[2020/07/12 12:47] Almut Brunswick: 5 A. Em, our CDS gardener, pointed us on a parcel in Monastery close to the little lake which has been abandoned for a while and is for sale, also because it is behind two houses and cut off from any roadway so far
[2020/07/12 12:47] Delia Lake: /me raises her hand
[2020/07/12 12:48] Almut Brunswick: You can find the LM to this parcel in the agenda.
[2020/07/12 12:48] Almut Brunswick: Delia, please
[2020/07/12 12:50] Delia Lake: regarding this parcel, there has never been road access. what I was asked to do was replace the current boardwalk around the lake. in doing this I started to make acces to the lake to that parcel so there would be walking access.shold I continue with that and also put in a small beach area? or does that need to be posted to the Forum as a change?
[2020/07/12 12:51] Lyubov Atheria: raise hand
[2020/07/12 12:51] Lilith Ivory: I guess at least the chancellor needs to be asked
[2020/07/12 12:51] Almut Brunswick: Lyubov plase
[2020/07/12 12:51] Almut Brunswick: (I will ad something to it after Lyubov)
[2020/07/12 12:52] Lyubov Atheria: the RA directed the LUC to investigate access to this parcel. i would think that the RA is expecting in response some plan, before work would commence. adding a road or creating a beach, would fall under a "permanent" change that requires public posting and approval.
[2020/07/12 12:52] Delia Lake: ok
[2020/07/12 12:52] Delia Lake: ty
[2020/07/12 12:52] Lilith Ivory: /me nods in agreement
[2020/07/12 12:52] Almut Brunswick: yes
[2020/07/12 12:53] Almut Brunswick: Because I had no clue where this parcel is and Rosie was around, we met there yesterday and started a little survey
[2020/07/12 12:53] Almut Brunswick: (means: the chancellor is already involved)
[2020/07/12 12:55] Em Warden (emwarden): /me excuses herself for having to leave
[2020/07/12 12:55] Almut Brunswick: We talked about some possible ways to connect the remote parce to the roadway with teh bridge in front of the two houses, because an access to the parcel down the hill would be much more invasive and troublesome
[2020/07/12 12:55] Brooke Brandenburg: Do you have anything you can share with us today Almut?
[2020/07/12 12:55] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): See you Em
[2020/07/12 12:55] Almut Brunswick: Thank you, Em, for being with us
[2020/07/12 12:56] Almut Brunswick: Yes, an idea at least
[2020/07/12 12:56] Brooke Brandenburg: yes
[2020/07/12 12:56] Brooke Brandenburg: perhaps we could visit that parcel, after the Quay?
[2020/07/12 12:57] Almut Brunswick: In general, Rosie an dI agree to implement a small but sufficiently broad walkway from the ramp of the bridge between the garden wall of the house and the shore of the channel which leads to the lake
[2020/07/12 12:57] Almut Brunswick: then to make a turn to the left, crossing the rocks there and finally reaching the parcel
[2020/07/12 12:58] Delia Lake: it is the sole parcel on Monastery lake which should be a good spot but it is high above the water and doesn't have water access right now
[2020/07/12 12:58] Almut Brunswick: I had the idea to create something like an old sluice between bridge and the mouth of the lake to the channcel
[2020/07/12 12:59] Almut Brunswick: Like I have it seen in Lauenburg east of Hamburg.
[2020/07/12 12:59] Brooke Brandenburg: a sluice as a path?
[2020/07/12 12:59] Almut Brunswick: the side wall of the sluice as a path, yes
[2020/07/12 12:59] Brooke Brandenburg: ah ok
[2020/07/12 12:59] Brooke Brandenburg: would like to see that
[2020/07/12 13:00] Sudane Erato: that sounds neat! :)
[2020/07/12 13:00] Almut Brunswick: I think I should create a sketch or draft for that
[2020/07/12 13:00] Lilith Ivory: do you hav a link to RL pictures perhaps?
[2020/07/12 13:00] Sudane Erato: if the sluice has flowing water
[2020/07/12 13:00] Brooke Brandenburg: that would be very helpful
[2020/07/12 13:00] Almut Brunswick: because I saw the bridge, teh narrow channel and the straight wall and thought: That could be a sluice (or the remainder of a former one)
[2020/07/12 13:01] Brooke Brandenburg: sounds creative
[2020/07/12 13:01] Sudane Erato: even better... a ruin :)
[2020/07/12 13:01] Brooke Brandenburg: lol
[2020/07/12 13:01] Lilith Ivory: /me giggles at Sudane
[2020/07/12 13:01] Sudane Erato: :)))
[2020/07/12 13:01] Brooke Brandenburg: ain't we all! haha
[2020/07/12 13:01] Sudane Erato: haha
[2020/07/12 13:02] Almut Brunswick: oh my...we shouldn't go into more details about ruins here... :D
[2020/07/12 13:02] Brooke Brandenburg: ;)
[2020/07/12 13:02] Sudane Erato: lol :)
[2020/07/12 13:02] Almut Brunswick: anyway...I propose to create a draft or model along with some reference pictures how it could look like
[2020/07/12 13:02] Brooke Brandenburg: that's excellent :)
[2020/07/12 13:02] Sudane Erato: sounds great :)
[2020/07/12 13:03] Almut Brunswick: I don't want to go more into details now, because we still have some points on the agenda
[2020/07/12 13:03] Almut Brunswick: just so far: We have an idea where to implement the path and how it probably could be implemented, so that it is not only a simple path
[2020/07/12 13:04] Almut Brunswick: As soon as we will have agreed on a solution (and of course other proposals are welcome as well), we will need to present it to the RA and in the Forum anyway
[2020/07/12 13:05] Almut Brunswick: Done.
[2020/07/12 13:06] Almut Brunswick: Take the possibility to go there by means of the LM in teh agenda to gain an own impression.
[2020/07/12 13:07] Almut Brunswick: Are there any further comments to this sub-topic now?
[2020/07/12 13:07] Sudane Erato: not from me
[2020/07/12 13:07] Brooke Brandenburg: I have none
[2020/07/12 13:08] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): nor me
[2020/07/12 13:08] Almut Brunswick: Okay then, lets move to B: Future environment policy. Sudane has the word.
[2020/07/12 13:08] Sudane Erato: ok!
[2020/07/12 13:08] Sudane Erato: this is just a very brief note
[2020/07/12 13:09] Sudane Erato: to say that I have made 2 new proposals in the forum
[2020/07/12 13:09] Sudane Erato: and that once people are aware, and maybe comment on them
[2020/07/12 13:09] Sudane Erato: we perhaps can at some time bring them to this table for discussion
[2020/07/12 13:09] Sudane Erato: one is about Terrain Textures policies,,, and the seasonal changes
[2020/07/12 13:10] Sudane Erato: and the other is about Enviornment policies
[2020/07/12 13:10] Sudane Erato: because of the new capabilities
[2020/07/12 13:10] Sudane Erato: so... this is just so that you are aware
[2020/07/12 13:10] Sudane Erato: of these proposals
[2020/07/12 13:10] Sudane Erato: done
[2020/07/12 13:10] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): thanks sudane
[2020/07/12 13:10] Lyubov Atheria: raise hand
[2020/07/12 13:11] Almut Brunswick: Thank you, Lyubov please
[2020/07/12 13:11] Lyubov Atheria: Thank you Sudane for these posts. I am looking forward to the Forum discussion, I didn't realize quite how complex the Texture issue is.
[2020/07/12 13:11] Lyubov Atheria: Regarding Environment:
[2020/07/12 13:11] Sudane Erato: VERY complex :(
[2020/07/12 13:12] Lyubov Atheria: I did mention about a year ago, when EEP became publicly available, that I was very concerned and felt we may need to set some Estate Policy about this.
[2020/07/12 13:12] Sudane Erato: so we are in agreement!
[2020/07/12 13:12] Delia Lake: It is. and frustrating to try to get textures matched up so there is no obvious line from region toregion
[2020/07/12 13:12] Sudane Erato: yes!
[2020/07/12 13:13] Lyubov Atheria: I love the possibilities of EEP, and for specific events (personal or public) it is Very Nice to make custom settings...but then we should have some estate-wide theme always in place by default...how to manage this is a policy issue.
[2020/07/12 13:13] Lyubov Atheria: Done.
[2020/07/12 13:13] Almut Brunswick: Thank you.
[2020/07/12 13:15] Almut Brunswick: I'm curious how this topic will evolve and how many general interest it will find. I think we should agree on a common standard how to treat this in the future.
[2020/07/12 13:15] Sudane Erato: well, 2 topics
[2020/07/12 13:15] Sudane Erato: quite different
[2020/07/12 13:16] Almut Brunswick: yes, though both require decisions from the RA how to manage them CDS-wide
[2020/07/12 13:16] Sudane Erato: but perhaps we should simply agree to add this to our agenda in good time
[2020/07/12 13:16] Sudane Erato: I'm sure they will
[2020/07/12 13:16] Brooke Brandenburg: There are already estate times in place for all sims?
[2020/07/12 13:16] Brooke Brandenburg: to cover day/night, etc.?
[2020/07/12 13:17] Sudane Erato: there are times, but sometimes they are changed
[2020/07/12 13:17] Brooke Brandenburg: yes
[2020/07/12 13:17] Sudane Erato: I have sometimes set them back to default
[2020/07/12 13:17] Sudane Erato: but
[2020/07/12 13:17] Brooke Brandenburg: I simply use my own environment settings that do not affect land settings
[2020/07/12 13:17] Brooke Brandenburg: just for my own purpose
[2020/07/12 13:17] Almut Brunswick: Sudane, I'm afraid you are the one to prepare the most crucial information in a spoon-ready form for the decision makers.
[2020/07/12 13:17] Delia Lake: I do that too, Brooke
[2020/07/12 13:17] Brooke Brandenburg: yes
[2020/07/12 13:18] Sudane Erato: some of the sims have interesting weather effects, that I am reluctant to change
[2020/07/12 13:18] Brooke Brandenburg: oh, I was not aware of that
[2020/07/12 13:18] Sudane Erato: Almut, I can do that... but
[2020/07/12 13:18] Sudane Erato: let us wait awhile for the topic to percolate :)
[2020/07/12 13:18] Brooke Brandenburg: agreed
[2020/07/12 13:18] Sudane Erato: its never been discussed before
[2020/07/12 13:18] Sudane Erato: either topic
[2020/07/12 13:19] Brooke Brandenburg: good to bring it up :)
[2020/07/12 13:19] Almut Brunswick: Yes, sure. I just imagine how it will eventually end up :D
[2020/07/12 13:19] Sudane Erato: hehe
[2020/07/12 13:19] Delia Lake: we have the botanical weather system for snow in the winter, and occasionally for rain
[2020/07/12 13:19] Almut Brunswick: Be prepared well and in due time. That saves us all unpleasant surprises.
[2020/07/12 13:19] Sudane Erato: yes Delia... and maybe that could be involved too
[2020/07/12 13:19] Lyubov Atheria: (remembers a Sunday in April where it was just Pouring in Alpine Meadow all day!)
[2020/07/12 13:19] Delia Lake: the hud is downstairs here and also on am so that EMs can use it
[2020/07/12 13:19] Brooke Brandenburg: :)
[2020/07/12 13:20] Sudane Erato: that would honestly be quite lovely! :)
[2020/07/12 13:20] Sudane Erato: but very script heavy :(
[2020/07/12 13:20] Delia Lake: that was a fun event Lyubov
[2020/07/12 13:20] Sudane Erato: yes!! :)
[2020/07/12 13:20] Lyubov Atheria: :)
[2020/07/12 13:20] Brooke Brandenburg: well done, yes :)
[2020/07/12 13:21] Almut Brunswick: Ok, I propose to close the discussion for this topic now and to recommence it in two weeks when we will see more reactions in the Forum
[2020/07/12 13:21] Sudane Erato: great!
[2020/07/12 13:21] Almut Brunswick: Thank you for teh quick overview, Sudane
[2020/07/12 13:22] Almut Brunswick: Now comes the biggest fish in our pond today: the proposed changes on the LUC Law and the Civil Service Act
[2020/07/12 13:23] Lyubov Atheria: raise hand
[2020/07/12 13:23] Almut Brunswick: I allowed myself to add some keywords or sentences to the agenda, but I would like to give Lyubov and Sudane the word
[2020/07/12 13:23] Lyubov Atheria: Thank you.
[2020/07/12 13:24] Lyubov Atheria: It's a "big fish", and I would encourage everyone to participate in the Forum discussion. The RA agreed to continue Tan's open forum discussion and to return to this topic at our next regular RA meeting (following this coming Tuesday's).
[2020/07/12 13:24] Lyubov Atheria: done
[2020/07/12 13:25] Almut Brunswick: That's for sure, thank you
[2020/07/12 13:26] Almut Brunswick: Honestly, I myself would prefer when we as the directly concerned group actively develop and submit our own conceptions
[2020/07/12 13:26] Sudane Erato: Are there any proposed new texts?
[2020/07/12 13:26] Sudane Erato: I have folowed that thread, and love the ideas
[2020/07/12 13:27] Sudane Erato: but there yet seems nothing specific
[2020/07/12 13:27] Almut Brunswick: I return the question: Did WE prepare anything in this direction?
[2020/07/12 13:27] Lyubov Atheria: Nothing yet.
[2020/07/12 13:27] Lyubov Atheria: Tan and I agreed to begin work on draft text in a couple weeks. We have not prepared anything yet.
[2020/07/12 13:27] Sudane Erato: Almut, no, we have not
[2020/07/12 13:28] Lyubov Atheria: The RA is certainly open to all citizens' input. I don't know if the LUC as a body should be preparing a competing draft.
[2020/07/12 13:28] Sudane Erato: It's entirely in the thread at this time
[2020/07/12 13:28] Sudane Erato: and in private conversatiopns
[2020/07/12 13:29] Almut Brunswick: What I don't want to see is that an eloquent but actually not involved opinion maker takes the occasion to toss the LUC act and the paragraph D content of the Civil Service Act in a direction we don't want to have it.
[2020/07/12 13:29] Sudane Erato: we can make recommendations i think?
[2020/07/12 13:29] Almut Brunswick: Not we can. I urge you to do this. We are CDS citizens in first line. And we are LUC members which has its own weight
[2020/07/12 13:30] Almut Brunswick: Of course, the Ra will eventually decide
[2020/07/12 13:30] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): And isnt that what the forum post is about? to collect recommendations?
[2020/07/12 13:30] Almut Brunswick: But we should not wait for other to make "our" law without our own ado
[2020/07/12 13:31] Almut Brunswick: Oh, yes the way is to submit it via the Forum, so it can be discussed
[2020/07/12 13:31] Sudane Erato: so we should weigh into the forum discussion!
[2020/07/12 13:31] Sudane Erato: yes!
[2020/07/12 13:31] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): exactly
[2020/07/12 13:31] Almut Brunswick: Yes, and we should coordinate our argumentation to give it more weight
[2020/07/12 13:32] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): How do you propose to do that almut?
[2020/07/12 13:32] Almut Brunswick: Like we did for the Friedsee project: Informally via IMs and meetings
[2020/07/12 13:33] Sudane Erato: We discussed proposing that the Guild might become more integrated in tn function
[2020/07/12 13:33] Brooke Brandenburg: the Guild?
[2020/07/12 13:33] Almut Brunswick: Yes, as the originally designated body to perform civil engineering and construction work
[2020/07/12 13:33] Sudane Erato: as perhaps a department of public works, under the chancellor
[2020/07/12 13:33] Sudane Erato: yes
[2020/07/12 13:34] Brooke Brandenburg: but we never contract out work?
[2020/07/12 13:34] Sudane Erato: so the LUC proposes, the RA approves, and the Chancellor by means of the Guild implements
[2020/07/12 13:34] Brooke Brandenburg: hmmm..interesting
[2020/07/12 13:34] Almut Brunswick: Right, so what the law stated here is not depicting the real situation
[2020/07/12 13:35] Almut Brunswick: Right. This would also solve this "short circuit effect" which also caused us the Friedsee issues
[2020/07/12 13:35] Sudane Erato: well, currently it is simply uop to the chancellor to implement
[2020/07/12 13:35] Brooke Brandenburg: and this seems ok ?
[2020/07/12 13:36] Almut Brunswick: We cannot start implementation our proposed plans as the LUC then, because it is not our assignation
[2020/07/12 13:36] Brooke Brandenburg: Sorry...I new to this...so I am playing Devil's Advocate :)
[2020/07/12 13:36] Sudane Erato: I think it is, but why not incorporate more the structure of the Guild and all its talent?
[2020/07/12 13:36] Delia Lake: we have in the past contracted out work but we have good builders here in the cds so my preference is to use our residents first or at least ask if they want to do the project
[2020/07/12 13:36] Almut Brunswick: also to revive it in its original role
[2020/07/12 13:36] Brooke Brandenburg: I agree with that Delia
[2020/07/12 13:36] Sudane Erato: yes, we can all certainly do everything ourselves
[2020/07/12 13:36] Almut Brunswick: Absolutely
[2020/07/12 13:37] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): /me agrees
[2020/07/12 13:37] Brooke Brandenburg: I would be costly to hire from without
[2020/07/12 13:37] Sudane Erato: oh yes, and unnecessary
[2020/07/12 13:37] Brooke Brandenburg: yes
[2020/07/12 13:37] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): and what would be the point to do that? :)
[2020/07/12 13:37] Almut Brunswick: just the building contractor should not do it "in the name or the LUC on behalf of the Chancellor or RA". Thsi should be officially separated from the LUC and its role
[2020/07/12 13:38] Sudane Erato: but I'd like to hear thwe chancellor's opinion on this too
[2020/07/12 13:38] Brooke Brandenburg: As long as all groups remain accountable to all the other groups!
[2020/07/12 13:38] Almut Brunswick: We should propose it and also argue why we do this
[2020/07/12 13:38] Sudane Erato: and i would really like to see the draft that Tan and Lyu develop
[2020/07/12 13:39] Brooke Brandenburg: with citizen input, yes
[2020/07/12 13:39] Sudane Erato: sure!
[2020/07/12 13:39] Brooke Brandenburg: I just like to see transparency in government.
[2020/07/12 13:39] Sudane Erato: drafts are the structuring of ideas... I am terrible at this :)
[2020/07/12 13:39] Brooke Brandenburg: :)
[2020/07/12 13:39] Sudane Erato: agreed!
[2020/07/12 13:39] Almut Brunswick: But I don't want to sit idle awaiting the outcome of this
[2020/07/12 13:40] Lilith Ivory: sorry folks, but I need to run
[2020/07/12 13:40] Lilith Ivory: bye all
[2020/07/12 13:40] Sudane Erato: bye Lil! :)
[2020/07/12 13:40] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): See you Lilith
[2020/07/12 13:40] Almut Brunswick: In last consequence, it will end in a compromise anyway
[2020/07/12 13:40] Almut Brunswick: Bye Lilith
[2020/07/12 13:40] Delia Lake: bye Lil
[2020/07/12 13:40] Brooke Brandenburg: true
[2020/07/12 13:41] Almut Brunswick: I don't doubt that all contributors have good ideas
[2020/07/12 13:42] Almut Brunswick: the focuses will be slightly different, but in general everybody has understood that some details must be changed for the sake of transparency and effectivity
[2020/07/12 13:42] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): /me agrees
[2020/07/12 13:42] Brooke Brandenburg: yes
[2020/07/12 13:42] Sudane Erato: well, if its in the forum its transparent :)
[2020/07/12 13:42] Brooke Brandenburg: hehe
[2020/07/12 13:43] Brooke Brandenburg: and we should keep it that way :)
[2020/07/12 13:43] Almut Brunswick: but I cut the vegetables before I put them with the noodles in the pot
[2020/07/12 13:43] Brooke Brandenburg: aye
[2020/07/12 13:43] Brooke Brandenburg: :)
[2020/07/12 13:43] Almut Brunswick: so I would prefer to work on a common line in the LUC
[2020/07/12 13:44] Brooke Brandenburg: and what do you suggest Almut?
[2020/07/12 13:44] Almut Brunswick: instead of staying passive and to wait some sombody has a genius (or not so genius) idea how to treat the LUC
[2020/07/12 13:45] Sudane Erato: Almut, that's why we contribute to the forum discussion about htis, i think
[2020/07/12 13:45] Almut Brunswick: I propose to establish an informal circle within the LUC to prepare the changed paragraphs we want to have
[2020/07/12 13:45] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): yes thats where we ar discussing it
[2020/07/12 13:45] Brooke Brandenburg: I see what you mean, I think.
[2020/07/12 13:45] Almut Brunswick: the forum is the stage
[2020/07/12 13:45] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): i think that that is the RA's job almut
[2020/07/12 13:45] Sudane Erato: exactly
[2020/07/12 13:45] Almut Brunswick: but we should pracise our roles backstage:D
[2020/07/12 13:46] Sudane Erato: :)
[2020/07/12 13:46] Brooke Brandenburg: I think Almut is saying: don't let others think and decide for us.
[2020/07/12 13:46] Brooke Brandenburg: We have a voice; use it.
[2020/07/12 13:46] Almut Brunswick: Absolutely, Brooke!
[2020/07/12 13:46] Sudane Erato: exactly
[2020/07/12 13:46] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): well if we voice on the forum
[2020/07/12 13:46] Brooke Brandenburg: and that is a good start, yes
[2020/07/12 13:46] Lyubov Atheria: Please, use the Forum! :D
[2020/07/12 13:47] Almut Brunswick: Nobody said anything different
[2020/07/12 13:47] Brooke Brandenburg: but allowing one or two people to make final decisions is not democratic
[2020/07/12 13:47] Almut Brunswick: We cannot make any decisions
[2020/07/12 13:47] Brooke Brandenburg: never mind the forum
[2020/07/12 13:48] Almut Brunswick: but we can bundle our arguments, we can supply common proposals how the revised laws could look like
[2020/07/12 13:48] Brooke Brandenburg: Yes. Of course we cannot decide what is to be done.
[2020/07/12 13:49] Almut Brunswick: because unlike a number of other Forum contributors, it concerns our own group and its work
[2020/07/12 13:49] Brooke Brandenburg: I just see the lack of interest by the public in utilizing the forums.
[2020/07/12 13:49] Almut Brunswick: and so we cannot remain silent
[2020/07/12 13:49] Sudane Erato: so we should be heard in the forum with ideas that we discuss among ourselves
[2020/07/12 13:50] Brooke Brandenburg: So, therefore, whatever is said by those who do participate becomes the WORD.
[2020/07/12 13:50] Sudane Erato: such as the idea of incorporating more the Guild
[2020/07/12 13:50] Sudane Erato: exact Brooke
[2020/07/12 13:50] Sudane Erato: so we speak there in this process
[2020/07/12 13:50] Brooke Brandenburg: yes
[2020/07/12 13:51] Sudane Erato: sorry I must go in a few minutes... by the top of the hour
[2020/07/12 13:51] Delia Lake: me too
[2020/07/12 13:52] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): I must go too
[2020/07/12 13:52] Brooke Brandenburg: sorry, did not mean to hold things up
[2020/07/12 13:52] Almut Brunswick: and now imagine that there is somebody who never has turned a single prim from left to right, but who loves to post elaborated concepts about the LUC Law. And everybody is impressed and the RA follows this individual, but in fact it is not an improvement for us and the CDS in general. This is an extreme scnario of course:D
[2020/07/12 13:52] Brooke Brandenburg: Thank you Almut. My feelings exactly!
[2020/07/12 13:52] Sudane Erato: yes
[2020/07/12 13:52] Sudane Erato: but that is just one voice
[2020/07/12 13:53] Brooke Brandenburg: Just because you have a loud mouth, does not mean you really know anything.
[2020/07/12 13:53] Brooke Brandenburg: hehe
[2020/07/12 13:53] Sudane Erato: and then there are our voices
[2020/07/12 13:53] Almut Brunswick: Ok, I think we can leave it for now as it is. LetÄs exchange mutually and use the forum to raise our voice.
[2020/07/12 13:53] Brooke Brandenburg: agreed
[2020/07/12 13:53] Sudane Erato: and all the voices are heard by those who draft the proposal
[2020/07/12 13:53] Lyubov Atheria: Thank you Almut.
[2020/07/12 13:53] Sudane Erato: yes... agreed!
[2020/07/12 13:53] Almut Brunswick: Vote required or common nodding? :D
[2020/07/12 13:54] Brooke Brandenburg: aye
[2020/07/12 13:54] Sudane Erato: hehe... nodding :)
[2020/07/12 13:54] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): /me nods
[2020/07/12 13:54] Delia Lake: whether or not people read the forum it is still the best place to post discussions
[2020/07/12 13:54] Sudane Erato: nods :)
[2020/07/12 13:54] Sudane Erato: yes
[2020/07/12 13:54] Almut Brunswick: Agreed, Delia
[2020/07/12 13:54] Brooke Brandenburg: it is Delia, if anyone listens
[2020/07/12 13:54] Delia Lake: perhaps either the ra leader or the chancellor can post reminders to the cds group to please read the forum for current issues
[2020/07/12 13:55] Almut Brunswick: Ok, lets quickly ask for Miscellaneous. Is there anything we need to cover today yet? If so, then please quickly
[2020/07/12 13:55] Sudane Erato: nothing from me
[2020/07/12 13:55] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): no
[2020/07/12 13:55] Brooke Brandenburg: nor from me
[2020/07/12 13:55] Almut Brunswick: and not for me
[2020/07/12 13:55] Sudane Erato: and i am good with the proposed next mtg
[2020/07/12 13:56] Delia Lake: done
[2020/07/12 13:56] Sudane Erato: although i know it is late in Europe
[2020/07/12 13:56] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): same here for next meeting
[2020/07/12 13:56] Brooke Brandenburg: and so am I
[2020/07/12 13:56] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): yes lnearly bed time
[2020/07/12 13:56] Almut Brunswick: Thank you, last point to agree upon: Next meeting in a fortnight, Place. The Quays!
[2020/07/12 13:56] Sudane Erato: great!
[2020/07/12 13:56] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): ok!
[2020/07/12 13:56] Brooke Brandenburg: yes great
[2020/07/12 13:56] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): see you all
[2020/07/12 13:56] Sudane Erato: I move we adjourn?
[2020/07/12 13:56] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): second
[2020/07/12 13:57] Brooke Brandenburg: aye
[2020/07/12 13:57] Almut Brunswick: second
[2020/07/12 13:57] Delia Lake: aye
[2020/07/12 13:57] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): aye
[2020/07/12 13:57] Sudane Erato: aye :)
[2020/07/12 13:57] Brooke Brandenburg: Thank you Almut!
[2020/07/12 13:57] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): thanks Almut
[2020/07/12 13:57] Sudane Erato: yes, ty! :)
[2020/07/12 13:57] Almut Brunswick: Thank you everybody for bearing with me. The meeting has been closed at 1:57 PM SLT
[2020/07/12 13:57] Sudane Erato: bye everyone! :)
[2020/07/12 13:57] Lyubov Atheria: Thank you Everyone! RA meeting Tuesday at 1200 to vote on the Friedsee plan :)
[2020/07/12 13:58] Sudane Erato: and have a look at the road sample in the NFS valley
'Egidius, waer bestu bleven, mi lanct na di, gheselle mijn. Du coors die doot, du liets mi tleven. Dat was gheselscap, goet ende fijn.'
Gruuthuuse-handschrift -circa 1400
Post Reply

Return to “Land Use Commission-Announcements”