7-26, LUC Meeting Transcript

Announcements and transcripts of the Land Use Commission

Moderator: SC Moderators

Post Reply
User avatar
Mizou Vavoom
Veteran debater
Veteran debater
Posts: 257
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:03 am
Location: Ireland, Colonia Nova & Neufreistadt
Contact:

7-26, LUC Meeting Transcript

Post by Mizou Vavoom »

Land Use Commission - Transcript
Sunday July 26, 2020, 12:00 am SLT

LUC members: Almut - Chairperson, Delia - Pro Tempore, Sudane Erato, Em Warden, Mizou - Secretary
Absent members: Brooke
Guests: Lyubov

[2020/07/26 11:59] Rosie Gray: hi Mizou ㋡
[2020/07/26 11:59] Em Warden (emwarden): Hello Mizou
[2020/07/26 11:59] Almut Brunswick: ah she is already here
[2020/07/26 12:00] Almut Brunswick: where is Delia?
[2020/07/26 12:00] Almut Brunswick: apparently not on
[2020/07/26 12:00] Rosie Gray: yesterday Delia was having a hard time to log in
[2020/07/26 12:00] Almut Brunswick: yes, I've seen her earlier today
[2020/07/26 12:00] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): Hello Rosie, Almut, Sudane,Lyubov
[2020/07/26 12:01] Sudane Erato: hi love :)
[2020/07/26 12:01] Almut Brunswick: Ok, I owuld suggest to sit down for a moment and to perform th eformal part
[2020/07/26 12:01] Rosie Gray: nice tattoos, Mizou
[2020/07/26 12:02] Rosie Gray: hi Naf
[2020/07/26 12:02] Em Warden (emwarden): Hi Naf
[2020/07/26 12:02] Almut Brunswick: Hello Naftali
[2020/07/26 12:02] Naftali Torok: waves hello to everybody
[2020/07/26 12:02] Sudane Erato: Nafie!! :)
[2020/07/26 12:02] Almut Brunswick: take a seat please
[2020/07/26 12:02] Rosie Gray: does someone have flies buzzing around them?
[2020/07/26 12:02] Sudane Erato: hey hey :))
[2020/07/26 12:03] Naftali Torok: looks over shoulder,
[2020/07/26 12:03] Em Warden (emwarden): Not enough chairs, and I can't move them
[2020/07/26 12:03] Almut Brunswick: Mizou, are you ready and set?
[2020/07/26 12:03] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): ready and set? euuhhh
[2020/07/26 12:03] Sudane Erato: nafie... you can joing our meeting :)
[2020/07/26 12:03] Almut Brunswick: Naftali, da ist ohc ein Stühlchen
[2020/07/26 12:04] Almut Brunswick: Ok then
[2020/07/26 12:04] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): No glasses for the wine?
[2020/07/26 12:04] Naftali Torok: i domy mind standing, sitting too long behind screen today already`;0
[2020/07/26 12:04] Almut Brunswick: Welcome everybody to our LUC Meeting of today. Before we start: Has anybody the agenda for today?
[2020/07/26 12:04] Sudane Erato: virtual :)
[2020/07/26 12:04] Sudane Erato: yes!
[2020/07/26 12:04] Lyubov Atheria: i have the agenda, ty
[2020/07/26 12:04] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): yes i have
[2020/07/26 12:05] Em Warden (emwarden): Two chairs for you if you change your mind,Naf
[2020/07/26 12:05] Delia Lake: is online.
[2020/07/26 12:05] Sudane Erato: Delia's here!
[2020/07/26 12:05] Almut Brunswick: Good. Delia just came in
[2020/07/26 12:05] Em Warden (emwarden): YAY! Delia made it
[2020/07/26 12:05] Almut Brunswick: Great
[2020/07/26 12:05] Rosie Gray: yay
[2020/07/26 12:06] Almut Brunswick: Delia, here is yet a place to my right side
[2020/07/26 12:07] Almut Brunswick: I sent her a TP
[2020/07/26 12:07] Rosie Gray: here comes Tan, too
[2020/07/26 12:08] Em Warden (emwarden): Great
[2020/07/26 12:08] Almut Brunswick: So let's start. I call this illustrious assembly to order. It is 12:08 for the records.
[2020/07/26 12:08] Rosie Gray: hi Delia
[2020/07/26 12:08] Rosie Gray: you made it
[2020/07/26 12:09] Em Warden (emwarden): Hi Delia
[2020/07/26 12:09] Delia Lake: Hi. I kept crashing out
[2020/07/26 12:09] Almut Brunswick: I have the honour and pleasure to welcome Em Warden as our new RA citizen delegate!
[2020/07/26 12:09] Almut Brunswick: Hello Delia
[2020/07/26 12:09] Delia Lake: hopefully I'll stay this time
[2020/07/26 12:09] Almut Brunswick: Delia, we will glue you on your chair
[2020/07/26 12:09] Sudane Erato: yay Em! :)
[2020/07/26 12:09] Em Warden (emwarden): Thank you So much, Mme CHair
[2020/07/26 12:10] Rosie Gray: hi Tan ㋡
[2020/07/26 12:10] Delia Lake: wellcome Em
[2020/07/26 12:10] Tanoujin Milestone: hey :)
[2020/07/26 12:10] Em Warden (emwarden): Thank you :)
[2020/07/26 12:10] Em Warden (emwarden): Hi Tan!
[2020/07/26 12:10] Almut Brunswick: We all know your dedication for the CDS and your unrivalled detail knowledge about the topography here which will be of big value for the LUC.
[2020/07/26 12:11] Rosie Gray: come sit with us, Tan
[2020/07/26 12:11] Tanoujin Milestone: as soon as I am rezzed, Rosie :)
[2020/07/26 12:11] Rosie Gray: okay ㋡
[2020/07/26 12:12] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): /me is looking at the Cabarnet Sauvignon 2009 and wouldn't mind a glass of it in RL
[2020/07/26 12:12] Almut Brunswick: Top 2: Discussion and approval of today#s agenda. I must admit that I shrugged when I had to define New Business for today, because we have so many ongoing tasks. So when anyone has some additional proposals and demands, then it is the time right now to let us know them.
[2020/07/26 12:12] Sudane Erato: hehe
[2020/07/26 12:12] Rosie Gray: :D
[2020/07/26 12:13] Sudane Erato: i move we approve the agenda
[2020/07/26 12:13] Em Warden (emwarden): Second
[2020/07/26 12:13] Almut Brunswick: Ok, then let#s vote
[2020/07/26 12:13] Sudane Erato: aye
[2020/07/26 12:13] Em Warden (emwarden): Aye
[2020/07/26 12:14] Almut Brunswick: /me looking around?
[2020/07/26 12:14] Almut Brunswick: aye
[2020/07/26 12:14] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): aye
[2020/07/26 12:14] Almut Brunswick: Great, ty
[2020/07/26 12:14] Almut Brunswick: 3. Discussion and approval of the recent meeting minutes (July 12, 2020)
[2020/07/26 12:15] Almut Brunswick: again, Mizou did a great job to put all our chitchat in a useful form :D
[2020/07/26 12:15] Sudane Erato: i move we approve the minutes
[2020/07/26 12:15] Almut Brunswick: the link to the MOM are in the agenda
[2020/07/26 12:15] Almut Brunswick: ok, let's vote
[2020/07/26 12:15] Sudane Erato: aye
[2020/07/26 12:15] Almut Brunswick: aye
[2020/07/26 12:15] Delia Lake: aye
[2020/07/26 12:15] Em Warden (emwarden): Did anybody second?
[2020/07/26 12:15] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): thanks Almut
[2020/07/26 12:16] Em Warden (emwarden): Aye
[2020/07/26 12:16] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): aye
[2020/07/26 12:16] Almut Brunswick: (I seconded that between the lines...^^)
[2020/07/26 12:16] Em Warden (emwarden): Hehe
[2020/07/26 12:16] Sudane Erato: :)
[2020/07/26 12:16] Almut Brunswick: Thank you: I think we will look at the MOM later on again when we proceed with the respective Old Buisness projects
[2020/07/26 12:17] Almut Brunswick: Ok, that was quick. Now letäs proceed with 4: Old Business, A: Situation at the Quays. Lyubov, would you like to take the word?
[2020/07/26 12:18] Em Warden (emwarden): Tan seems to have problems too, today
[2020/07/26 12:18] Lyubov Atheria: No, sorry, I have not been involved in this project.
[2020/07/26 12:18] Naftali Torok: i am waiting for the next internet connectiopn breakl, ...but listning as much as i can:)
[2020/07/26 12:18] Sudane Erato: Mizou was the person who did some work here
[2020/07/26 12:19] Almut Brunswick: oh ok, sorry. Then Mizou please, we are all ears and eyes:D
[2020/07/26 12:20] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): the Quays, well , I said last time we (Rosie & myself) worked on it and added the new median, with map, horse and bicycle
[2020/07/26 12:20] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): and ohhh, sugar just remember that I forgot to check about the shape of the curve
[2020/07/26 12:20] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): sorry
[2020/07/26 12:21] Rosie Gray: I fixed a bit of the curve
[2020/07/26 12:21] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): Rosie you did change something that time to the curve, yes?
[2020/07/26 12:21] Rosie Gray: well, modified it
[2020/07/26 12:21] Rosie Gray: yes I did
[2020/07/26 12:21] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): yes, and a few mistakes that were there left by previous designer
[2020/07/26 12:21] Rosie Gray: just brought the curve out a bit more so that it lined up with the roadway
[2020/07/26 12:21] Almut Brunswick: very nice
[2020/07/26 12:22] Rosie Gray: and I put normal and specular maps onto the bridge and the edges of the curve where they didn't have them before
[2020/07/26 12:23] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): /me loves the new textures
[2020/07/26 12:23] Delia Lake: the texturing looks much better, and very good
[2020/07/26 12:23] Sudane Erato: i think the original complaint about this area is that it lacks some kind of focus
[2020/07/26 12:24] Sudane Erato: we've improved it
[2020/07/26 12:24] Sudane Erato: but
[2020/07/26 12:24] Delia Lake: yes
[2020/07/26 12:24] Sudane Erato: i think there's still a feeling that we haven't nailed it
[2020/07/26 12:24] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): the question maybe is, what kind of feeling do we want to convey?
[2020/07/26 12:24] Sudane Erato: it should feel as focussed as the forum or the platz
[2020/07/26 12:24] Rosie Gray: one thing I think could be improved a bit is the water
[2020/07/26 12:25] Em Warden (emwarden): But this is the end of our world, actually...
[2020/07/26 12:25] Sudane Erato: it is Em
[2020/07/26 12:25] Sudane Erato: and it should be a destination
[2020/07/26 12:25] Sudane Erato: like a Port
[2020/07/26 12:25] Almut Brunswick: I think it has a certain harbour atmosphere which is in fact also a bridge situation to other parts of SL
[2020/07/26 12:25] Em Warden (emwarden): Maybe a lighthouse?
[2020/07/26 12:26] Delia Lake: there is enough usable water in the harbor here though
[2020/07/26 12:26] Sudane Erato: maybe
[2020/07/26 12:26] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): /me remembers Cosy Cove with the dolphin
[2020/07/26 12:26] Sudane Erato: haha... yes :)
[2020/07/26 12:26] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): :)
[2020/07/26 12:26] Naftali Torok: nods
[2020/07/26 12:26] Delia Lake: Mizou I was just thinking that!
[2020/07/26 12:26] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): that was a great attraction
[2020/07/26 12:26] Sudane Erato: a Mizou and Sudane reference :)
[2020/07/26 12:26] Rosie Gray: I'd love to see some water lapping at the bridge footings
[2020/07/26 12:26] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): omg!!
[2020/07/26 12:26] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): yes water lapping too
[2020/07/26 12:26] Sudane Erato: do that have that???
[2020/07/26 12:26] Delia Lake: my first sl home was right up the hill behind the dolphin
[2020/07/26 12:27] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): was it??
[2020/07/26 12:27] Sudane Erato: oh wow
[2020/07/26 12:27] Rosie Gray: what was a great attraction?
[2020/07/26 12:27] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): i loved our Irish pub there
[2020/07/26 12:27] Delia Lake: a tiny gazebo
[2020/07/26 12:27] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): the dolphin
[2020/07/26 12:27] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): Dancing Dolphin
[2020/07/26 12:27] Sudane Erato: yes :)
[2020/07/26 12:27] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): the pub was also called the Dancing Dolphin
[2020/07/26 12:27] Rosie Gray: a dancing dolphin
[2020/07/26 12:27] Rosie Gray: ohh
[2020/07/26 12:27] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): good times and great get togethers
[2020/07/26 12:27] Delia Lake: yes
[2020/07/26 12:28] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): maybe we need and Irish pub here :)
[2020/07/26 12:28] Rosie Gray: well there's no room for a pub here
[2020/07/26 12:28] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): /me is joking
[2020/07/26 12:28] Sudane Erato: it's supposed to be Italian!!
[2020/07/26 12:28] Delia Lake: I wouldn't be here if I hadn't been there
[2020/07/26 12:28] Sudane Erato: hehe
[2020/07/26 12:28] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): same here Delia
[2020/07/26 12:28] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): an Italian cafe
[2020/07/26 12:29] Em Warden (emwarden): In a lighthouse... with an elevator to the top
[2020/07/26 12:29] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): ohh yes!
[2020/07/26 12:29] Almut Brunswick: TeacherKatherine has worked a lot on her English tutorials in the building behind us. Yesterday, she led me around and i player Guinea pig in respect on her language challenges. That gives the location a certain educational but still relaxed character.
[2020/07/26 12:29] Sudane Erato: well, this area we sit on was supposed to encourage congregating
[2020/07/26 12:29] Em Warden (emwarden): Pub in the bottom and outside
[2020/07/26 12:29] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): we had one in Cosy cove too
[2020/07/26 12:29] Delia Lake: yes
[2020/07/26 12:30] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): Can we have a lighthouse in the water ?
[2020/07/26 12:30] Sudane Erato: maybe we should rebuild this area
[2020/07/26 12:30] Rosie Gray: I kind of like this area the way it is
[2020/07/26 12:30] Em Warden (emwarden): Are there off-sim lighthouses?
[2020/07/26 12:30] Sudane Erato: i think so
[2020/07/26 12:30] Delia Lake: yes there are
[2020/07/26 12:30] Rosie Gray: a lighthouse to look at?
[2020/07/26 12:30] Almut Brunswick: I second Rosie's statement
[2020/07/26 12:30] Sudane Erato: but LA is tight on public prims... we must be careful
[2020/07/26 12:31] Rosie Gray: yes was thinking that too
[2020/07/26 12:31] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): ahh ok
[2020/07/26 12:31] Rosie Gray: I don't know that we need to fix something that's not broken
[2020/07/26 12:31] Rosie Gray: it's not as though we don't have plenty of places to meet, with pubs too!
[2020/07/26 12:31] Rosie Gray: and restaurants
[2020/07/26 12:31] Rosie Gray: in fact, there's a Greek restaurant right around the corner!
[2020/07/26 12:31] Rosie Gray: ㋡
[2020/07/26 12:31] Sudane Erato: yes... I know a nice Greek place right around the corner :)
[2020/07/26 12:31] Sudane Erato: yes :))
[2020/07/26 12:32] Almut Brunswick: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... reusse.jpg
[2020/07/26 12:32] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): oh yes, sudane
[2020/07/26 12:32] Delia Lake: yes
[2020/07/26 12:32] Em Warden (emwarden): A very nice one too
[2020/07/26 12:32] Almut Brunswick: example for a small lighthouse :D
[2020/07/26 12:32] Almut Brunswick: I think a café right here would make also sense for Katherine and her students
[2020/07/26 12:33] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): but prims shortage
[2020/07/26 12:33] Almut Brunswick: they could practice how to order a Latte Macchiato with style :D
[2020/07/26 12:33] Sudane Erato: hehe
[2020/07/26 12:33] Rosie Gray: she could put a cafe in her space, if she wants one
[2020/07/26 12:33] Em Warden (emwarden): How about a couple of lamps on the bridge?
[2020/07/26 12:33] Almut Brunswick: basiclly, it is already a lot of props here
[2020/07/26 12:33] Rosie Gray: that's a good idea, Em
[2020/07/26 12:34] Almut Brunswick: yes, light is always good to get some atmosphere
[2020/07/26 12:34] Sudane Erato: agreed
[2020/07/26 12:34] Rosie Gray: and some water lapping around the footings of the bridge
[2020/07/26 12:34] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): yes
[2020/07/26 12:34] Delia Lake: I have lapping water sounds I think
[2020/07/26 12:34] Rosie Gray: it's not so much the sounds we need, it's the prims
[2020/07/26 12:35] Rosie Gray: there's already lapping sounds
[2020/07/26 12:35] Almut Brunswick: not that everyone gets bladder trouble here :D
[2020/07/26 12:35] Rosie Gray: lol
[2020/07/26 12:35] Sudane Erato: hehe
[2020/07/26 12:35] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): lol
[2020/07/26 12:35] Em Warden (emwarden): :D
[2020/07/26 12:35] Sudane Erato: so fyi... there are now about 1200 available public prims here
[2020/07/26 12:36] Rosie Gray: that's not a lot
[2020/07/26 12:36] Sudane Erato: no
[2020/07/26 12:36] Sudane Erato: exactly
[2020/07/26 12:36] Rosie Gray: given that we use a bunch for events
[2020/07/26 12:36] Sudane Erato: so we have to be careful
[2020/07/26 12:36] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): but mesh things don't take up that muc
[2020/07/26 12:36] Lyubov Atheria: i was using about 350 here on this plaza with my decor and the boat.
[2020/07/26 12:36] Almut Brunswick: we need to agree on a certain "iron reserve" of prims for events
[2020/07/26 12:36] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): yes we need to keep some for entertainment
[2020/07/26 12:37] Rosie Gray: we need to keep a lot for entertainment, and also because if you use them all up it creates huge lag
[2020/07/26 12:37] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): so what would be 'a lot' in prims?
[2020/07/26 12:38] Rosie Gray: well personally I think we need to keep at least 1000 unused
[2020/07/26 12:38] Lyubov Atheria: we probably have about 5k LI of unsold land in LA too, part of the total "LI bucket"
[2020/07/26 12:38] Almut Brunswick: and maybe to define a "volatile reserve" of props we can place when there is not an event here, but which can be easily removed when there is a need for
[2020/07/26 12:38] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): ohh ok so that leaves only a small amount
[2020/07/26 12:38] Sudane Erato: Lyu... but that's owned by Rudeen
[2020/07/26 12:38] Em Warden (emwarden): linked, sow we can collect them in one go
[2020/07/26 12:38] Rosie Gray: exactly
[2020/07/26 12:38] Almut Brunswick: yes, Em
[2020/07/26 12:39] Sudane Erato: but you're right... it is available
[2020/07/26 12:39] Lyubov Atheria: owned by rudeen, but useable, especially on a temporary basis
[2020/07/26 12:39] Sudane Erato: yes
[2020/07/26 12:39] Sudane Erato: my 1200 is the theoretical available
[2020/07/26 12:39] Lyubov Atheria: if i had 350 LI out here, that might be a reasonable budget for any new work
[2020/07/26 12:39] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): -1000 for events?
[2020/07/26 12:39] Rosie Gray: I don't like the idea of using private parcel LI for public
[2020/07/26 12:40] Sudane Erato: but any unusual prims on parcels are also available
[2020/07/26 12:40] Sudane Erato: i agree!!!
[2020/07/26 12:40] Rosie Gray: things can change too rapidly for that to be safe
[2020/07/26 12:40] Almut Brunswick: Then 1200 maximum reserve?
[2020/07/26 12:40] Sudane Erato: perhaps we could also go around and study possible prim reduction
[2020/07/26 12:41] Almut Brunswick: That would be liely th enext step, Sudane
[2020/07/26 12:41] Em Warden (emwarden): Great idea, Sudane
[2020/07/26 12:41] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): which objects need reduction?
[2020/07/26 12:41] Almut Brunswick: we need to find a measure first how high th eneed for reserved prims is
[2020/07/26 12:41] Delia Lake: yes. prim reduction relates to what I posted on the forum re the LUC law
[2020/07/26 12:41] Sudane Erato: Almut, i wish we could get an absolute number... but we probably won't
[2020/07/26 12:41] Rosie Gray: I agree with Sudane
[2020/07/26 12:42] Delia Lake: can we include replacing outdated landscaping with new mesh especiallly if it is lower prim
[2020/07/26 12:42] Almut Brunswick: Don't we have any values by experience for this place?
[2020/07/26 12:42] Rosie Gray: but if we keep it in mind always, that we can't just use up all the prim allowance
[2020/07/26 12:42] Lyubov Atheria: the occasional event may need a few hundred LI for about a week or so. i wouldn't be very worried about keeping this allowance available at all times
[2020/07/26 12:42] Lyubov Atheria: yes ty Delia, i saw your suggestion on the Forum and i like it :)
[2020/07/26 12:44] Rosie Gray: some events take a great deal of LI, like the Particle Magic shows
[2020/07/26 12:44] Almut Brunswick: I personally would suggest to define a coarse amount of reserve prims for events, then based oon this to look for prim-saving potentials in the sim and afterwards to think about ways to use the saved prims more effectively.
[2020/07/26 12:45] Lyubov Atheria: as a crazy outlier example: my 8 march International Women's Day venue, which was on the inner harbor here in LA, i used 635 LI, which was the building and all of the decorations, and add 100 more for Scylla's and Sudane's exhibits
[2020/07/26 12:45] Sudane Erato: not crazy outlier
[2020/07/26 12:45] Sudane Erato: perfectly reasonable
[2020/07/26 12:46] Lyubov Atheria: so, i think some reserve of 1k LI is more than enough to handle even the largest event we might consider here
[2020/07/26 12:46] Rosie Gray: yes I agree with that, but I also think you cannot expect to use up all LI and still ahve the sim function
[2020/07/26 12:46] Almut Brunswick: We might be not exact in our assumption, but this is not the point. It is just to gain a dimenion and a "feel" what is still feasible in respect on optical improvements
[2020/07/26 12:47] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): What would happen if we used them all up?
[2020/07/26 12:47] Rosie Gray: more lag
[2020/07/26 12:47] Almut Brunswick: yes, and like Rosie says: not to make this sim to a slide show when an event is running here :D
[2020/07/26 12:47] Lyubov Atheria: yes, this doesn't consider the fact that it is unlikely all LI in the region would actually be "used": unsold parcels, and sold parcels not using all available LI
[2020/07/26 12:47] Delia Lake: people can't see or move and they crash
[2020/07/26 12:47] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): :(
[2020/07/26 12:48] Rosie Gray: that's true, Lyubov, but things can change so quickly
[2020/07/26 12:48] Rosie Gray: I've seen it happen
[2020/07/26 12:48] Lyubov Atheria: if we suddenly sell out LA and have all prims used, that is a different and fortunate problem :)
[2020/07/26 12:48] Rosie Gray: and then all of a sudden you have a real problem because you used LI that wasn't really available
[2020/07/26 12:48] Em Warden (emwarden): Tah happens to me at every event I try to visit, although several other avatars seemt o enjoy themselves...
[2020/07/26 12:48] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): So we need a reserve + x amount for a no lag result?
[2020/07/26 12:48] Almut Brunswick: Don't we have any reliable experiences here we could use as a base for assumptions?
[2020/07/26 12:48] Rosie Gray: and stuff starts to be automatically returned
[2020/07/26 12:49] Delia Lake: then items get returned to people when you use more than is available
[2020/07/26 12:49] Delia Lake: chunks of stuff
[2020/07/26 12:49] Rosie Gray: /me nods
[2020/07/26 12:49] Rosie Gray: yep
[2020/07/26 12:49] Rosie Gray: big disaster
[2020/07/26 12:49] Delia Lake: yes, really bad
[2020/07/26 12:49] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): yes totally big disaster
[2020/07/26 12:49] Em Warden (emwarden): Ouch
[2020/07/26 12:49] Almut Brunswick: would a field experiment help us hereß :D
[2020/07/26 12:49] Rosie Gray: no!
[2020/07/26 12:49] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): Noo Almut!!!
[2020/07/26 12:49] Rosie Gray: lol
[2020/07/26 12:49] Sudane Erato: hehe
[2020/07/26 12:50] Lyubov Atheria: we are not close to using more than allowed. if we use all the "technically available" LI in the public area, we are at no risk of items being returned. if we go over this amount *and* the region is otherwise full on the sold parcels, then yes, it's a risk
[2020/07/26 12:50] Almut Brunswick: hehe
[2020/07/26 12:50] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): That would be similar to explode a bom
[2020/07/26 12:50] Sudane Erato: next time I have an available homestead in new england we can experiemnt :)
[2020/07/26 12:50] Almut Brunswick: Ok, then let's put it in an action item:
[2020/07/26 12:51] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): Playing with fire sudane :)
[2020/07/26 12:51] Sudane Erato: :)
[2020/07/26 12:51] Almut Brunswick: Sudane, Mizou and Lyubov, please break your heads about reasonable assumptions about prim limits, safety reserves and prim-saving potentials.
[2020/07/26 12:52] Delia Lake: yes. when I had this happen, LL glommed together a bunch of random stuff and returned it glued together, not fun
[2020/07/26 12:52] Sudane Erato: my poor broken head :( :)
[2020/07/26 12:52] Lyubov Atheria: certainly include Rosie in this discussion... :)
[2020/07/26 12:52] Sudane Erato: yes :)
[2020/07/26 12:52] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): yes no fun, happened to me too
[2020/07/26 12:52] Almut Brunswick: Rosie's task is nodding or shaking her head
[2020/07/26 12:52] Lyubov Atheria: much more than that! :D
[2020/07/26 12:53] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): Rosie know sa lot about prims
[2020/07/26 12:53] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): Sudane and Rosie
[2020/07/26 12:53] Rosie Gray: I've had that happen to me before... what Delia just said
[2020/07/26 12:53] Almut Brunswick: Remember: We are the LUC. We just try out, propose and advice.
[2020/07/26 12:53] Rosie Gray: that's how I know
[2020/07/26 12:53] Delia Lake: this is also whhy we have to make sure land set for sale can't be built on by anyone
[2020/07/26 12:53] Rosie Gray: and it's not fun
[2020/07/26 12:53] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): We need need her expert advice
[2020/07/26 12:53] Almut Brunswick: Nothing wrong with it
[2020/07/26 12:54] Almut Brunswick: But let it put it this way and discuss it on our next LUC meeting.
[2020/07/26 12:54] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): ok
[2020/07/26 12:54] Almut Brunswick: Vote?
[2020/07/26 12:55] Sudane Erato: Vote that we discuss these things?
[2020/07/26 12:56] Almut Brunswick: No, that you, Mizou, Lyubov and Rosie define prim limits based on your experiene
[2020/07/26 12:56] Rosie Gray: if you are voting, I think you need a motion on what you are voting on !
[2020/07/26 12:56] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): that would be hard Almut
[2020/07/26 12:56] Almut Brunswick: The Prim Juggler's Working Group
[2020/07/26 12:56] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): /me agrees
[2020/07/26 12:56] Rosie Gray: I've already said what I think ㋡
[2020/07/26 12:56] Lyubov Atheria: we'll just chat amongst ourselves, i think :)
[2020/07/26 12:57] Almut Brunswick: When this is enough for now, let's put it in the MoM
[2020/07/26 12:57] Sudane Erato: OK... but I think that these are somewhat built into the sims now. 1200 prims is really a proper limit for LA
[2020/07/26 12:57] Rosie Gray: I agree
[2020/07/26 12:57] Sudane Erato: shouldn't really go much lower
[2020/07/26 12:57] Almut Brunswick: ok 1200 LI maximum. Thatäs a word.
[2020/07/26 12:57] Sudane Erato: i think so
[2020/07/26 12:57] Rosie Gray: /me nods
[2020/07/26 12:57] Almut Brunswick: are you all good with it?
[2020/07/26 12:58] Lyubov Atheria: i think that sounds plenty, 1200, and may occasionally go into that for an event a few times a year
[2020/07/26 12:58] Sudane Erato: the homesteads could have slightly lower numbers
[2020/07/26 12:58] Sudane Erato: maybe 500
[2020/07/26 12:59] Almut Brunswick: We need a number defined, so that we can plan with the (hopefully) remaining ones for e.g. lights on the bridge. That is because I'm so insisting on a result :D
[2020/07/26 12:59] Rosie Gray: if we add a few lights on the bridge and some lapping waves it will only use a few LI
[2020/07/26 12:59] Sudane Erato: I think that in LA, new uses of prims should come from prims saved by other projects.... like going around meshing things
[2020/07/26 13:00] Almut Brunswick: Good. So let us move to the next point of the agenda
[2020/07/26 13:00] Sudane Erato: agreed
[2020/07/26 13:00] Rosie Gray: /me nods
[2020/07/26 13:00] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): agreed
[2020/07/26 13:00] Delia Lake: I used to have a jumping dolphin here in the harbor and also a dive bal at the end of the pier
[2020/07/26 13:00] Almut Brunswick: if you don't mind, I would ask for your status reports for C and D on the agenda
[2020/07/26 13:00] Rosie Gray: I used to have a jumping dolphin here too
[2020/07/26 13:00] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): brb
[2020/07/26 13:00] Em Warden (emwarden): Meshing things up aounds like the best approach
[2020/07/26 13:01] Almut Brunswick: because B would need us to go to the place with the missing roadway
[2020/07/26 13:01] Lyubov Atheria: i'm not sure if we ever actually *save* LI by mesh, we just (greatly) improve the quality
[2020/07/26 13:01] Sudane Erato: sometime Lyu :)
[2020/07/26 13:01] Em Warden (emwarden): OK
[2020/07/26 13:01] Sudane Erato: sometimes
[2020/07/26 13:01] Almut Brunswick: C. Friedsee Improvements: Status report (Sudane, Lyubov, Brooke et al.)
[2020/07/26 13:02] Almut Brunswick: I think we can keep that quickly
[2020/07/26 13:02] Lyubov Atheria: From my perspective, the RA approved the work to FS.
[2020/07/26 13:02] Almut Brunswick: The RA has approved Sudane#s proposal
[2020/07/26 13:02] Sudane Erato: Nothing much for me to say there, as I had done the things i was going to do before I should have :)
[2020/07/26 13:02] Lyubov Atheria: Expert speed! Done then approved :D
[2020/07/26 13:02] Em Warden (emwarden): Lol
[2020/07/26 13:02] Almut Brunswick: God, so things are on a good way now.
[2020/07/26 13:02] Sudane Erato: there are still other things to do
[2020/07/26 13:03] Lyubov Atheria: You were looking at the road/path mesh/textures?
[2020/07/26 13:03] Em Warden (emwarden): Your Sanctuary is absolutely Paradisic, Sudane. Breathtaking.
[2020/07/26 13:03] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): back
[2020/07/26 13:03] Sudane Erato: ty :)
[2020/07/26 13:03] Rosie Gray: I agree, Em!
[2020/07/26 13:03] Rosie Gray: love it
[2020/07/26 13:03] Lyubov Atheria: I love the bridge view at the base of the waterfall :)
[2020/07/26 13:03] Delia Lake: yes
[2020/07/26 13:04] Almut Brunswick: But for all further measures, we will heed the official procedure now;)
[2020/07/26 13:04] Sudane Erato: the road/path mesh project is for all sims... not just FDS
[2020/07/26 13:04] Sudane Erato: so that's a possible new business
[2020/07/26 13:04] Delia Lake: Im wonderring if there is a way to connect my stream on my abutting land to Sudane's
[2020/07/26 13:04] Sudane Erato: but the paths on FDS DO need work
[2020/07/26 13:04] Delia Lake: same skye system
[2020/07/26 13:04] Almut Brunswick: Let me know when we should put it on the agenda, Sudane
[2020/07/26 13:05] Rosie Gray: I would say the paths are really important for Friedsee, yes
[2020/07/26 13:05] Delia Lake: yes the paths really need to be redone! they are original and very old
[2020/07/26 13:05] Sudane Erato: Almut, let's go thru the old bus first, like we are
[2020/07/26 13:05] Almut Brunswick: old bus?
[2020/07/26 13:05] Sudane Erato: sorry
[2020/07/26 13:05] Sudane Erato: business
[2020/07/26 13:05] Sudane Erato: :(
[2020/07/26 13:06] Almut Brunswick: ah yes...no, I mean: When oyu want to talk about it in more detail, then on the next meeting under New Business :D
[2020/07/26 13:06] Sudane Erato: ahh... exactly, yes
[2020/07/26 13:06] Almut Brunswick: Done for now?
[2020/07/26 13:06] Sudane Erato: i am
[2020/07/26 13:06] Almut Brunswick: Ty. - D. List of public spaces: Report about the current state (Delia)
[2020/07/26 13:07] Sudane Erato: i think that Rosie just needs to assign people to do the remaining fds things
[2020/07/26 13:07] Almut Brunswick: Delia, can you give us some brief update pelase?
[2020/07/26 13:07] Delia Lake: I dont have an update. I want to wait on Friedsee and AM until we have completed the region updates so I can put some words in about the features
[2020/07/26 13:08] Delia Lake: so a few more weeks
[2020/07/26 13:08] Delia Lake: and Monastery
[2020/07/26 13:08] Almut Brunswick: ok fine. I will keep it on the Old Business agenda then for the next meetings.
[2020/07/26 13:08] Delia Lake: Rosie and I should be working on the region waterfalls within the week
[2020/07/26 13:08] Sudane Erato: Great!! :)
[2020/07/26 13:08] Rosie Gray: yes ㋡
[2020/07/26 13:08] Almut Brunswick: Sounds wonderful
[2020/07/26 13:09] Rosie Gray: they will be another huge improvement
[2020/07/26 13:09] Lyubov Atheria: that will be Amazing! :)
[2020/07/26 13:09] Em Warden (emwarden): The next generation of waterfalls will make a huge difference
[2020/07/26 13:09] Delia Lake: for sure!
[2020/07/26 13:09] Sudane Erato: they are SO good
[2020/07/26 13:09] Delia Lake: Sudane and I have been experimenting with them
[2020/07/26 13:09] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): Oh? hadnt heard of them
[2020/07/26 13:10] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): what is different?
[2020/07/26 13:10] Rosie Gray: Mizou you must go and see them
[2020/07/26 13:10] Delia Lake: Skye EPIC waterfalls
[2020/07/26 13:10] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): oh defintely
[2020/07/26 13:10] Rosie Gray: Delia and Sudane both have them on their private parcels
[2020/07/26 13:10] Delia Lake: the water texture is the first really realistic in sl
[2020/07/26 13:10] Em Warden (emwarden): The water looks like water :)
[2020/07/26 13:10] Almut Brunswick: therefore we all see you frequently in yellow raincoats and rubber boots :D
[2020/07/26 13:10] Rosie Gray: they are SO realistic!
[2020/07/26 13:10] Rosie Gray: lol, yes
[2020/07/26 13:10] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): :)
[2020/07/26 13:11] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): /me seems to be typing of her own accord
[2020/07/26 13:11] Almut Brunswick: Ok, we are looking forward to your next interim report at the next meetings then
[2020/07/26 13:11] Almut Brunswick: E. Proposed changes on the LUC Law and Civil Service Act Law: Status of the Forum discussion
[2020/07/26 13:12] Almut Brunswick: I'm not sure when the law changes actually shall become "actual"
[2020/07/26 13:12] Lyubov Atheria: From my perspective: The Forum topic continues to develop. Tan created a great first draft. I appreciate all the comments to far and I will work to include these as well; I would like to get an updated draft posted myself (goal is before Tuesday's RA meeting)
[2020/07/26 13:13] Delia Lake: ok
[2020/07/26 13:13] Lyubov Atheria: Law changes are "actual" after the RA votes to approve and it is then Written to the Portal (posted to the website)
[2020/07/26 13:13] Lyubov Atheria: we are quite away from that point! :)
[2020/07/26 13:13] Almut Brunswick: ok good, then I should probably add my "mustard" before Tuesday as well
[2020/07/26 13:13] Lyubov Atheria: please do!
[2020/07/26 13:14] Lyubov Atheria: any "final" draft would be posted to the Forum as week for a 2 week comment period before a final vote...plenty of time :D
[2020/07/26 13:16] Almut Brunswick: Then we don't need to dig deeper into this here. I just don't want to see the changes commented and proposed by people only outside the LUC, because we also are citizens and we all are directly concerned
[2020/07/26 13:16] Lyubov Atheria: it would be best for all Citizens to directly comment via the Forum discussion.
[2020/07/26 13:17] Almut Brunswick: Right
[2020/07/26 13:17] Almut Brunswick: I just said: Don't let us step back and leave others the stage alone:D
[2020/07/26 13:18] Rosie Gray: ㋡
[2020/07/26 13:19] Em Warden (emwarden): I am afraid that the risk of the opposite is greater :)
[2020/07/26 13:19] Almut Brunswick: that nobody cares?
[2020/07/26 13:20] Em Warden (emwarden): No, that citizens have the feeling that we decide everything...
[2020/07/26 13:20] Almut Brunswick: we don't decide. We just convince:D
[2020/07/26 13:20] Em Warden (emwarden): :)
[2020/07/26 13:21] Almut Brunswick: When we don't have any other comments and contributions to this topic, I would suggest to agree on the next meeting date yet here before we conduct our little filed trip to the missing roadway at Monastery.
[2020/07/26 13:21] Delia Lake: this happens in rl too though. people stay silent during the period for comments then complain tht they didnt have a say
[2020/07/26 13:21] Rosie Gray: it sure does!
[2020/07/26 13:22] Almut Brunswick: Well, we really strive for a maximum of transparency now
[2020/07/26 13:22] Em Warden (emwarden): yes, we do
[2020/07/26 13:23] Rosie Gray: all you can do is encourage people to participate... if they don't, that's down to them
[2020/07/26 13:23] Almut Brunswick: right
[2020/07/26 13:23] Em Warden (emwarden): You can only lead the horses to the water well... :)
[2020/07/26 13:23] Sudane Erato: haha... yes :)
[2020/07/26 13:24] Almut Brunswick: Ok, I think we all agree in this and we will see how things will evolve on th enext RA meeting
[2020/07/26 13:25] Almut Brunswick: I propose to move the New Business topic (which is void) and the Miscellaneous now.
[2020/07/26 13:26] Em Warden (emwarden): Second
[2020/07/26 13:26] Sudane Erato: so I have a new business proposal
[2020/07/26 13:26] Almut Brunswick: Yes, but...for next meeting then. Let'S record it now.
[2020/07/26 13:26] Em Warden (emwarden): Interesting!
[2020/07/26 13:26] Sudane Erato: yes
[2020/07/26 13:27] Sudane Erato: exactly
[2020/07/26 13:27] Sudane Erato: that people have a look at the proposed roadway in the NFS valley
[2020/07/26 13:27] Almut Brunswick: We can add it to the MoM, so it cannot be forgotten.
[2020/07/26 13:27] Sudane Erato: and that at a future meeting
[2020/07/26 13:27] Almut Brunswick: ok, noted.
[2020/07/26 13:27] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): Can you add the LM please Sudane?
[2020/07/26 13:27] Rosie Gray: /me waves at Katherine
[2020/07/26 13:28] Sudane Erato: we discuss whether to advise it be added at selected locations around the estate
[2020/07/26 13:28] Sudane Erato: oh... i have no LM
[2020/07/26 13:28] Sudane Erato: just look in the valley... near my parcels
[2020/07/26 13:28] Almut Brunswick: You can submit it to Mizou after the meeting
[2020/07/26 13:28] Sudane Erato: ok
[2020/07/26 13:28] Rosie Gray: it's easy to find
[2020/07/26 13:28] Em Warden (emwarden): It runs through the sim
[2020/07/26 13:28] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): Is that the place I looked at already?
[2020/07/26 13:28] Sudane Erato: the road that wanders around :)
[2020/07/26 13:28] Sudane Erato: perhaps yes
[2020/07/26 13:28] Sudane Erato: yes!
[2020/07/26 13:29] Rosie Gray: yes, new rutted mesh roads
[2020/07/26 13:29] Rosie Gray: I love them!
[2020/07/26 13:29] Sudane Erato: yes
[2020/07/26 13:29] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): the one I called Devils Glen?
[2020/07/26 13:29] Almut Brunswick: nonetheless LM please :D
[2020/07/26 13:29] Sudane Erato: but i think its determined that we'll need some RA approval
[2020/07/26 13:29] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): becaus eit reminded me of a RL place in County Wicklow?
[2020/07/26 13:29] Almut Brunswick: yes
[2020/07/26 13:29] Sudane Erato: so we should decide if we as LUC wish to advise this step
[2020/07/26 13:30] Sudane Erato: (I think that's the right procedure?)
[2020/07/26 13:30] Almut Brunswick: yes, we do
[2020/07/26 13:30] Widget Whiteberry: is offline.
[2020/07/26 13:30] Almut Brunswick: it needs to be presented in the Forum
[2020/07/26 13:30] TeacherKatherine: Hi! Welcome.
[2020/07/26 13:30] Sudane Erato: I think I did that... hmmm
[2020/07/26 13:31] Almut Brunswick: good, even better
[2020/07/26 13:31] Rosie Gray: hi Katherine
[2020/07/26 13:31] Rosie Gray: we're almost finished this meeting, but please join us
[2020/07/26 13:31] Sudane Erato: hi! :)
[2020/07/26 13:31] TeacherKatherine: I'd love to.
[2020/07/26 13:31] Em Warden (emwarden): Hello Katherine:)
[2020/07/26 13:31] Almut Brunswick: before we will perform our litle field trip, let#s agree on the next LUC meeting date
[2020/07/26 13:31] Rosie Gray: here's a seat beside Mizou
[2020/07/26 13:31] Lyubov Atheria: yes, a simple post, like rosie did about the waterfall proposal....and i intend to motion to approve this measure at tuesday's RA meeting
[2020/07/26 13:31] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): Hi Katherine, welcome!
[2020/07/26 13:32] TeacherKatherine: Thanks.
[2020/07/26 13:32] Lyubov Atheria: and the 2 week comment period will have lapsed by then, so it works conveniently :)
[2020/07/26 13:32] Rosie Gray: ㋡
[2020/07/26 13:33] Almut Brunswick: SInce I will be on holidays in two weeks, either Delia could take over or we postpone the next meeting to August 16
[2020/07/26 13:33] Em Warden (emwarden): Perfect
[2020/07/26 13:33] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): /me agrees
[2020/07/26 13:33] Sudane Erato: Lyu, the post is called "Roads, yes, but not the names"
[2020/07/26 13:33] Rosie Gray: :D
[2020/07/26 13:34] Lyubov Atheria: oh right, i thought i saw that :)
[2020/07/26 13:34] Em Warden (emwarden): A bit cryptic, perhaps :D
[2020/07/26 13:34] Sudane Erato: Aug 16 works for me! :)
[2020/07/26 13:34] Delia Lake: it works for me too
[2020/07/26 13:34] Lyubov Atheria: i'll take another look, thank you for reminding me about it, i forgot....i'll include this on the RA agenda then too :)
[2020/07/26 13:34] Almut Brunswick: Motion carries to proposal August 16, 12 PM SLT
[2020/07/26 13:34] Rosie Gray: clap clap clap
[2020/07/26 13:35] Almut Brunswick: (we are a bit multi-tasking roght now, but I hope we still keep the overview...)
[2020/07/26 13:35] Em Warden (emwarden): Ok with me too :)
[2020/07/26 13:35] Almut Brunswick: then again at the Rathaus...or do oyu like this place more? :D
[2020/07/26 13:35] Em Warden (emwarden): Or a new place?
[2020/07/26 13:35] Sudane Erato: i think we should rotate around :)
[2020/07/26 13:35] Almut Brunswick: in fact I do like this meeting spot
[2020/07/26 13:36] Sudane Erato: i do too
[2020/07/26 13:36] Almut Brunswick: again here?
[2020/07/26 13:36] Rosie Gray: it is nice to move around!
[2020/07/26 13:36] Sudane Erato: sure
[2020/07/26 13:36] Delia Lake: I like being here outside while the weather is still good or over at Stella Marina
[2020/07/26 13:36] Sudane Erato: we should bring extra chairs :)
[2020/07/26 13:36] Delia Lake: the other end of the river
[2020/07/26 13:36] Sudane Erato: yes :)
[2020/07/26 13:36] Almut Brunswick: yes, ok then: Next meeting August 16, 12 PM, here at the Quay
[2020/07/26 13:36] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): yes Stella MArina
[2020/07/26 13:37] Em Warden (emwarden): The quay of Stella Marina, nice
[2020/07/26 13:37] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): its the summer so we can sit outside
[2020/07/26 13:37] Almut Brunswick: nods
[2020/07/26 13:37] Delia Lake: yes
[2020/07/26 13:37] Lyubov Atheria: enjoy the outside weather while it lasts :D
[2020/07/26 13:37] Em Warden (emwarden): We'll all bring a chair :D
[2020/07/26 13:37] Rosie Gray: nice to see everyone... I need to log off now
[2020/07/26 13:37] Rosie Gray: bye and see you soon!
[2020/07/26 13:37] Sudane Erato: bye!
[2020/07/26 13:37] Almut Brunswick: okies, and now the small field trip. Bye Rosie!
[2020/07/26 13:37] Em Warden (emwarden): Bye bye, Rosie :)
[2020/07/26 13:37] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): Me too need to log off. Minutes will be on forum tomorrow
[2020/07/26 13:37] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): Bye rosie
[2020/07/26 13:37] Em Warden (emwarden): Bye, Mizou, tc
[2020/07/26 13:38] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): Bye everyone
[2020/07/26 13:38] Delia Lake: bye Mizou
[2020/07/26 13:38] Lyubov Atheria: take care!
[2020/07/26 13:38] Almut Brunswick: Mizou, th efield trip will only be to get an overview of the location. So nothing dramatic for the minutes

---------------------
LUC Minutes of Meeting at Sunday, July 26, 2020
B. Excursion: Missing roadway to a parcel close to the lake at Monastery (hint given by Em):
LM: 􀀀
RL Reference information and pictures to Almut's proposal for creating an old sluice to solve the situation: https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palmschleuse

Chatlog:

[13:46] Sudane Erato: looks to me fairly easy to bring a path from there
[13:46] Almut Brunswick shouts: https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palmschleuse
[13:46] Almut Brunswick: yes, basically not a problem
[13:46] Sudane Erato: slight modification on the bridge perhaps
[13:47] Almut Brunswick: the question is if we can also improve the whole optical situation in a logical and also appealing way
[13:47] Sudane Erato: true

[13:47] Delia Lake shouts: I had done the boardwalk originally and Sudane and I have talked about replacing it as well
[13:47] Almut Brunswick: therefore, my proposal is to "frame" the small channel by an old sluice
[13:48] Sudane Erato: perhaps... although the natural work there is quite nice too
[13:48] Almut Brunswick: sure
[13:48] Sudane Erato: and the public way is wide

[13:49] Delia Lake: even if the country path is extended, I think this parcel should have water access. there is no reason to have it separated from the lake by a strip of public land
[13:49] Almut Brunswick: in fact, there is enough space between the channel and the borderin parcel with the wall
[13:49] Lyubov Atheria: delia, em and me havne't been able to hear anything...sorry

[13:50] Sudane Erato: it appears that here in MON we have a public prim prob too :(
[13:50] Em Warden (emwarden): yes, we need an access to this lake
[13:50] Sudane Erato: only about 300 available
[13:50] Lyubov Atheria: oh yes, key feature of the parcel
[13:50] Almut Brunswick: nothing wrong with it
.
[13:50] Delia Lake: again. [13:45] Delia Lake: so I don't know what anyone else had in mind for this property and access to it but a while ago I was asked to make water access for this plot so I started terraforming but then stopped wen the administration changed and we were doing the 2 week posting of changes
[13:50] Em Warden (emwarden): So a path from Monastery itself is not to recommend

[13:51] Almut Brunswick: and neither the "small" solution just to add a roadway here and the "bigger" solution to create an old sluice would change the water access of the plot
[13:51] Em Warden (emwarden): For prim reasons
[13:51] Sudane Erato: probably not
[13:52] Sudane Erato: do keep in mind that Rosie and Delia will be changing the water prims here soon
[13:52] Sudane Erato: so
[13:52] Sudane Erato: the prim situation may change
[13:52] Em Warden (emwarden): Fine
[13:52] Sudane Erato: maybe there can be savings
[13:52] Almut Brunswick: so we need to wait for them first
[13:52] Almut Brunswick: and then decide what is feasible
[13:52] Sudane Erato: that might be wise
[13:53] Delia Lake: I will try hard not to increase prims much but what I have here for water now is very low prim
[13:53] Em Warden (emwarden): Yes, that would be reasonable

[13:53] Lyubov Atheria: what about: just a path from here, along the stream leading to the bridge, with steps up to the roadway?
[13:53] Delia Lake: this boardwalk could probably be reduced in prims
[13:53] Em Warden (emwarden): Steps up to the main road- I like that idea
[13:54] Lyubov Atheria: so the prims are mostly all in LA, not MO
[13:54] Delia Lake: yes we need steps

[13:54] Sudane Erato: Lyu, that's true... but LA is also tight
[13:54] Lyubov Atheria: way more than we have here...and should cost 1200 LI to do a path and steps :)
[13:54] Em Warden (emwarden): How about AM?
[13:54] Lyubov Atheria: should Not cost...

[13:55] Lyubov Atheria: it's a Long way to AM
[13:55] Almut Brunswick: I think a way down the hil is not a real option
[13:55] Sudane Erato: Em, I would need to mod the parcel again in AM to do that
[13:55] Sudane Erato: yeah... its a long way

[13:55] Em Warden (emwarden): Ah- then I withdraw the proposition :)
[13:55] Sudane Erato: i think this route from LA is the best option
[13:56] Lyubov Atheria: getting to the bridge in LA is the shortest way to get to a "main road"
[13:56] Sudane Erato: its close
[13:56] Almut Brunswick: the access makes most sense from the bridge

[13:56] Sudane Erato: and there's a public way
[13:56] Sudane Erato: yes
[13:56] Almut Brunswick: right
[13:56] Sudane Erato: agreed

[13:56] Lyubov Atheria: and yes, all public land already
[13:56] Rosy (rosalindababe) is offline.
[13:56] Sudane Erato: yes
[13:56] Almut Brunswick: the only question is how to design it
.[13:56] Lyubov Atheria: design process: allow sudane and rosie to stew, let it brew, enjoy :)
[13:57] Sudane Erato: hehe

[13:57] Em Warden (emwarden): And wait for the new water too, perhaps
[13:57] Almut Brunswick: that would be my proposal, too
[13:57] Em Warden (emwarden): No hurry, since this parcel has been roadless for v e r y long
[13:58] Sudane Erato: lol... that's true :)
[13:58] Almut Brunswick: because only then it could be judged how many prims could be used for that connetion
[13:58] Delia Lake: its been roadless but also locked in with no water access either
[13:58] Delia Lake: should have something
[13:58] Lyubov Atheria: and if i may add :)
[13:58] Sudane Erato: so let's put on hold until the water is done... and perhaps other prim savings can be found

[13:59] Almut Brunswick: well, when it would become a kettle sluice, this platform could be surplus
[13:59] Em Warden (emwarden): Please add, Lyubov :)
[13:59] Sudane Erato: yes
[13:59] Lyubov Atheria: the water to the bridge is Very narrow...the river banks are beautiful but encroached on the waterway. would like to see this opened up a bit more and have the path along one side

[14:00] Sudane Erato: if we do that then Almut's plan is ideal
[14:00] Lyubov Atheria: you can get a kayak or canoe through here but not much more
[14:00] Almut Brunswick: a narrow channel fits well into the idea of a sluice
[14:00] Sudane Erato: but we lose all the beautiful Delia naturalizing

[14:00] Almut Brunswick: the sluice I have in mind was made for litle barges
[14:00] Delia Lake: What is Almut's idea?
[14:01] Lyubov Atheria: i *think* there is enough room to push back the public land to the private parcels more, so we keep the river banks and also widen the waterway
[14:01] Sudane Erato: a sluice way
[14:01] Sudane Erato: like a canal
[14:01] Delia Lake: I think we could do that to, Lyubov
[14:01] Almut Brunswick: right
[14:01] Sudane Erato: and the border of the sluiceway could make a nice path
[14:01] Lyubov Atheria: :)
[14:01] Almut Brunswick: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... 2015-1.jpg
[14:01] Almut Brunswick: rght
[14:02] Almut Brunswick: look at the picture
[14:02] Lyubov Atheria: yes very nice, i like that almut!
[14:02] Almut Brunswick: it is a historic sluice in Northern Germany to connect Lübeck with the river Elbe
[14:02] Sudane Erato: ahhh
[14:03] Almut Brunswick: and it has roughly the same dimensions as this situation here
[14:03] Em Warden (emwarden): Feels like home :) Very pretty
[14:03] Delia Lake: we don't need to change the water height here though
[14:03] Sudane Erato: guys... sadly i must leave :(
[14:03] Lyubov Atheria: i think that works, there is already a wall along P35 the opposite side of the bridge...and then this wall along MO and AM
[14:03] Almut Brunswick: the water is perfect as it is
[14:03] Sudane Erato: bye all!
[14:03] Lyubov Atheria: this is Linden water right? no need to change this
[14:03] Almut Brunswick: nods
[14:03] Lyubov Atheria: ty sudane! :D
[14:03] Delia Lake: are you suggesting that we build walls along the shore of the river extension and this lake?
[14:03] Em Warden (emwarden): Thank you for all your input, Sudane. Bye, and ttc
[14:04] Delia Lake: bye Sudane
[14:04] Delia Lake: I need to leave in a few minutes too
[14:04] Lyubov Atheria: yes me too
[14:04] Almut Brunswick: we are almost done
[14:04] Almut Brunswick: Minor solution: Walls to both sides of the narrow channel
[14:04] Em Warden (emwarden): Perhaps stonewal on the side of the roadless parcel only
[14:05] Em Warden (emwarden): stonw wall
[14:05] Lyubov Atheria: on this side of the bridge, it could be the riverbanks you have delia, not walls
[14:05] Almut Brunswick: and then just a walkway from the mouth of th elake to the plot
[14:05] Lyubov Atheria: yes i like that Em
[14:05] Em Warden (emwarden): stone wall! (Bedtime here)
[14:05] Lyubov Atheria: or stone and path on one side, natural riverbank opposite
[14:05] Lyubov Atheria: or whatever :)
[14:05] Delia Lake: stone path is a good idea
[14:05] Almut Brunswick: yes, something like that
[14:06] Almut Brunswick: like just one side of the original kettle sluice is still intact
[14:06] Delia Lake: I have an ecological problem with walled rivers and lakes due to some of my rl work :(
[14:06] Lyubov Atheria: this is definitely something that needs to be posted and approved...
[14:06] Almut Brunswick: of course!
[14:06] Em Warden (emwarden): Lol, Delia :)
[14:07] Almut Brunswick: (I was not even talking about the power plaint *LOL*)
[14:07] Almut Brunswick: no, just kidding
[14:07] Lyubov Atheria: oh yes, isn't there a coal mine, draining into the river? :D
[14:07] Em Warden (emwarden): Hehehe
[14:08] Almut Brunswick: no, no, a water turbine of course. Or a tide power plant :D
[14:08] Lyubov Atheria: ok i need to Go :D
[14:08] Almut Brunswick: anyway, we are done
[14:08] Lyubov Atheria: sounds like this is in progress :)
[14:08] Almut Brunswick: Adjourn?
[14:08] Lyubov Atheria: and will be a great update :)
[14:08] Almut Brunswick: Motion carries
[14:08] Delia Lake: see you later. I need to log off
[14:09] Almut Brunswick: I will copy our discussion on a NC and send it to Mizou
[14:09] Lyubov Atheria: thank you! bye! <3
[14:09] Almut Brunswick: bye
'Egidius, waer bestu bleven, mi lanct na di, gheselle mijn. Du coors die doot, du liets mi tleven. Dat was gheselscap, goet ende fijn.'
Gruuthuuse-handschrift -circa 1400
Post Reply

Return to “Land Use Commission-Announcements”