8 - 16, LUC Meeting Transcript

Announcements and transcripts of the Land Use Commission

Moderator: SC Moderators

Post Reply
User avatar
Mizou Vavoom
Veteran debater
Veteran debater
Posts: 257
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:03 am
Location: Ireland, Colonia Nova & Neufreistadt
Contact:

8 - 16, LUC Meeting Transcript

Post by Mizou Vavoom »

Land Use Commission
Sunday August 16, 2020, 12:00 am SLT

LUC members: Almut - Chairperson, Delia - Pro Tempore, Sudane Erato, Em Warden, Brooke, Mizou - Secretary
Absent members: Ritchie
Guests: Lyubov, Rosie, Tan

[2020/08/16 12:02] Em Warden (emwarden): Hello Mizou
[2020/08/16 12:02] Almut Brunswick: Hello Mizou
[2020/08/16 12:02] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): Hi Almut, Sudane, Brooke, Em
[2020/08/16 12:02] Delia Lake: ouch. I need to learn a better landing
[2020/08/16 12:02] Almut Brunswick: Take a seat please
[2020/08/16 12:02] Sudane Erato: hehe
[2020/08/16 12:02] Delia Lake: hi everyone
[2020/08/16 12:02] Brooke Brandenburg: Hi Mizou :)
[2020/08/16 12:02] Almut Brunswick: Hello Delia
[2020/08/16 12:03] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): Hi Delia
[2020/08/16 12:03] Em Warden (emwarden): Hi Delia
[2020/08/16 12:03] Brooke Brandenburg: Hello Delia :)
[2020/08/16 12:05] Almut Brunswick: Ok, I assume we are complete for today
[2020/08/16 12:05] Almut Brunswick: I spoke with Rosie, but she didn't say if she can make it
[2020/08/16 12:05] Almut Brunswick: Tan will likely show up later on
[2020/08/16 12:06] Almut Brunswick: So herewith I call our LUC Meeting of today to order. It is 12:06 PM SLT.
[2020/08/16 12:07] Almut Brunswick: I'm wondering if Lyubov will join us
[2020/08/16 12:07] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): She is offline
[2020/08/16 12:08] Almut Brunswick: Top 2: Did oyu all get my proposed agenda?
[2020/08/16 12:08] Delia Lake: I thought I saw Lyubov just log off. wonder if she crashed and relogged
[2020/08/16 12:08] Em Warden (emwarden): i saw that she just logged off- or maybe poofed
[2020/08/16 12:08] Almut Brunswick: Ah and she comes on
[2020/08/16 12:08] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): No agenda
[2020/08/16 12:08] Brooke Brandenburg: yes I did
[2020/08/16 12:08] Sudane Erato: I got the agenda
[2020/08/16 12:09] Almut Brunswick: Anyone else without a ticket yet?
[2020/08/16 12:09] Almut Brunswick: Ah there she is!
[2020/08/16 12:09] Almut Brunswick: Privet!
[2020/08/16 12:09] Second Life: Almut Brunswick gave you LUC Agenda August 16, 2020 (V 2).
[2020/08/16 12:09] Lyubov Atheria: :)
[2020/08/16 12:09] Em Warden (emwarden): I am not being aloof sitting in this chair- i was unable to sit on any of the others
[2020/08/16 12:10] Em Warden (emwarden): hi Lyubov :)
[2020/08/16 12:10] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): Hi Lyubov
[2020/08/16 12:10] Lyubov Atheria: :)
[2020/08/16 12:10] Sudane Erato: hi! :)
[2020/08/16 12:10] Brooke Brandenburg: Hi!
[2020/08/16 12:10] Almut Brunswick: the age, Em, I can tell you...
[2020/08/16 12:10] Em Warden (emwarden): Lol
[2020/08/16 12:10] Almut Brunswick: So everybody has the agenda version 2 now?
[2020/08/16 12:11] Delia Lake: yes
[2020/08/16 12:11] Em Warden (emwarden): Looks like Lyubov has the same issue
[2020/08/16 12:11] Em Warden (emwarden): I have it
[2020/08/16 12:11] Almut Brunswick: (Lyubov will take out her guitar and sing a Russian sailor's song now...)
[2020/08/16 12:11] Delia Lake: I have to leave at 1 pm today
[2020/08/16 12:11] Lyubov Atheria: yes, me as well Delia
[2020/08/16 12:11] Almut Brunswick: So then let's hurry up
[2020/08/16 12:12] Almut Brunswick: Lyubov reminded me to add the Lake Friedsee request by the RA to New Business
[2020/08/16 12:12] Delia Lake: I just sent Rosie a RL note. she'll be right here
[2020/08/16 12:13] Almut Brunswick: I have a small addition to Miscellaneous regarding a video (machinima) documentation of the current Monsatery before it will be replaced
[2020/08/16 12:13] Almut Brunswick: I sent Rosie a TP
[2020/08/16 12:14] Almut Brunswick: So...when everybody is through with the agenda, are there any comments or additions before we motion to agree it?
[2020/08/16 12:15] Em Warden (emwarden): I am good with it
[2020/08/16 12:15] Sudane Erato: second
[2020/08/16 12:15] Sudane Erato: though i can't seem to get the 2nd version
[2020/08/16 12:15] Almut Brunswick: Hello Rosie
[2020/08/16 12:15] Em Warden (emwarden): Hello Rosie
[2020/08/16 12:15] Rosie Gray: hi all
[2020/08/16 12:15] Rosie Gray: ㋡
[2020/08/16 12:15] Rosie Gray: sorry to be late!
[2020/08/16 12:15] Brooke Brandenburg: Hi Rosie
[2020/08/16 12:16] Em Warden (emwarden): We are glad you could make it
[2020/08/16 12:16] Sudane Erato: TY!!... got it now
[2020/08/16 12:16] Rosie Gray: it's triangles everywhere for me still!
[2020/08/16 12:17] Tanoujin Milestone: is online.
[2020/08/16 12:17] Almut Brunswick: Ok, motion carries to agree with the agenda v2
[2020/08/16 12:18] Almut Brunswick: Hello tan
[2020/08/16 12:18] Em Warden (emwarden): Welcome Tan
[2020/08/16 12:18] Delia Lake: hi Tan
[2020/08/16 12:18] Brooke Brandenburg: Hi Tan
[2020/08/16 12:18] Almut Brunswick: Who agrees with the agenda?
[2020/08/16 12:18] Almut Brunswick: aye
[2020/08/16 12:18] Sudane Erato: i do
[2020/08/16 12:18] Sudane Erato: aye
[2020/08/16 12:19] Brooke Brandenburg: aye
[2020/08/16 12:19] Em Warden (emwarden): aye
[2020/08/16 12:19] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): aye
[2020/08/16 12:19] Almut Brunswick: Ok that's the majority. Thank you
[2020/08/16 12:19] Almut Brunswick: Top 3: Minutes of last meeting.
[2020/08/16 12:20] Delia Lake: aye
[2020/08/16 12:20] Em Warden (emwarden): Aye
[2020/08/16 12:21] Sudane Erato: i move we approve the minutes
[2020/08/16 12:21] Brooke Brandenburg: second
[2020/08/16 12:21] Almut Brunswick: The only mistake I've found was Old Buisness has sub-top B. twice. But this doesn't matter. Thank you, Mizou, for the good synopsis. Motion carried to accept the recent meeting minutes.
[2020/08/16 12:21] Delia Lake: aye
[2020/08/16 12:21] Almut Brunswick: Aye
[2020/08/16 12:21] Brooke Brandenburg: aye
[2020/08/16 12:22] Almut Brunswick: Thank you. Top 4. Old Business
[2020/08/16 12:22] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): i aye
[2020/08/16 12:22] Almut Brunswick: (I'm a bit pushing the speed, sorry for that...)
[2020/08/16 12:22] Almut Brunswick: A. Suggestions for additions to LA port area:
[2020/08/16 12:23] Almut Brunswick: There are a lot of suggestions from last time we've met.
[2020/08/16 12:23] Almut Brunswick: I think they mainly stand and fall with the possibility to save prims here
[2020/08/16 12:23] Almut Brunswick: Are there any status updates you can share with us?
[2020/08/16 12:24] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): not me
[2020/08/16 12:24] Sudane Erato: I've not done any work in LA
[2020/08/16 12:24] Delia Lake: I haven't either since our last meeting
[2020/08/16 12:24] Em Warden (emwarden): And I don't think I am expected to do anything
[2020/08/16 12:25] Almut Brunswick: So shall we postpone the topic till an analysis of prim-saving possibilitie shas taken place?
[2020/08/16 12:25] Em Warden (emwarden): I second that suggestion
[2020/08/16 12:25] Rosie Gray: what are you expecting to do?
[2020/08/16 12:25] Almut Brunswick: I know we are short of prims here
[2020/08/16 12:26] Sudane Erato: yes, we are short of prims, but still it would be nice to do some of the improvements
[2020/08/16 12:26] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): This is what i wrote in the minutes: iii. We could go around and study ‘prim reduction’ and mesh older things, included landscaping with new lower mesh
[2020/08/16 12:26] Almut Brunswick: I expect that one, two people familiar with this sim should analyse where we could save prims. For instance by replacing older buildings with more efficient ones
[2020/08/16 12:26] Almut Brunswick: Yes, but who will do this task?
[2020/08/16 12:26] Em Warden (emwarden): Exchange decorations for mesh variants
[2020/08/16 12:26] Almut Brunswick: Right, Em.
[2020/08/16 12:27] Rosie Gray: mesh isn't always lower in LI though
[2020/08/16 12:27] Delia Lake: mesh iss not always lowerr in land impact
[2020/08/16 12:27] Brooke Brandenburg: an updated building here perhaps?
[2020/08/16 12:27] Brooke Brandenburg: might lower prims?
[2020/08/16 12:27] Rosie Gray: you can't change a building that someone is occupying ㋡
[2020/08/16 12:27] Sudane Erato: most of the buildings here are on private parcels
[2020/08/16 12:27] Almut Brunswick: we all know that. We just need to identify where we could possibly save LI
[2020/08/16 12:27] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): Which building?
[2020/08/16 12:27] Em Warden (emwarden): Well, we could look for such which are lower. perhaps
[2020/08/16 12:27] Brooke Brandenburg: this main one behind us
[2020/08/16 12:27] Sudane Erato: and private parcel prims have no impact
[2020/08/16 12:28] Rosie Gray: the anchored ones do though
[2020/08/16 12:28] Almut Brunswick: I'm talking about the public ones
[2020/08/16 12:28] Rosie Gray: some of these are anchored
[2020/08/16 12:28] Sudane Erato: oh!
[2020/08/16 12:28] Sudane Erato: I didn't know
[2020/08/16 12:28] Rosie Gray: we wrote it into the covenant!
[2020/08/16 12:28] Sudane Erato: (or I forgot) :)
[2020/08/16 12:29] Brooke Brandenburg: so what does anchored mean?
[2020/08/16 12:29] Almut Brunswick: Who can give us a report till - say - in one month
[2020/08/16 12:29] Brooke Brandenburg: sorry for my ignorance
[2020/08/16 12:29] Sudane Erato: Brooke, it means the prims are on public land
[2020/08/16 12:29] Almut Brunswick: Brooke, I would like to know, too :D
[2020/08/16 12:29] Brooke Brandenburg: and thus can't be altered?
[2020/08/16 12:29] Rosie Gray: anchored means that the building is anchored onto public land, because we don't want the owner of the parcel to change the building, and to give them the prims
[2020/08/16 12:29] Tanoujin Milestone: the root prim is on public land, so all the prims of the Building are public
[2020/08/16 12:29] Sudane Erato: so, the parcel owner has to devote no prims to their build
[2020/08/16 12:30] Rosie Gray: like inside the NFS walls
[2020/08/16 12:30] Brooke Brandenburg: I get that...but still the building could change, right?
[2020/08/16 12:30] Sudane Erato: in excahnge, they MUST use that building
[2020/08/16 12:30] Sudane Erato: no
[2020/08/16 12:30] Brooke Brandenburg: no?
[2020/08/16 12:30] Em Warden (emwarden): The building behind us- I think there is some sacred historic bounds to it... i remember talking to Tor about making it shorter ones, but he explained that it was not possible for historical reasons
[2020/08/16 12:30] Brooke Brandenburg: I mean retexture, etc.?
[2020/08/16 12:30] Sudane Erato: correct... that's the trade-off
[2020/08/16 12:30] Almut Brunswick: The owner cannot change, but CDS can, right?
[2020/08/16 12:30] Rosie Gray: it's been retextured
[2020/08/16 12:30] Brooke Brandenburg: oh...history!
[2020/08/16 12:30] Sudane Erato: CDS can, of course
[2020/08/16 12:30] Rosie Gray: and that doesn't change the LI anyway ㋡
[2020/08/16 12:30] Brooke Brandenburg: I get it now :)
[2020/08/16 12:30] Sudane Erato: :)
[2020/08/16 12:30] Brooke Brandenburg: ;)
[2020/08/16 12:31] Rosie Gray: I can see one place we could reduce public prims right now
[2020/08/16 12:31] Almut Brunswick: Well, again and I repeant myself: Apparently you need a lot of detail knowledge to perform that task
[2020/08/16 12:31] Rosie Gray: is by replacing the horse rezzer with the low-LI version of it
[2020/08/16 12:31] Almut Brunswick: so who can take this burden and start a survey where to save LI?
[2020/08/16 12:31] Delia Lake: that would be good, Rosie, yes
[2020/08/16 12:31] Almut Brunswick: Rosie and Sudane, what about you?
[2020/08/16 12:32] Rosie Gray: I don't think I can really take that on right now, Almut
[2020/08/16 12:32] Sudane Erato: i'd be happy to
[2020/08/16 12:32] Almut Brunswick: Sudane, thank you!
[2020/08/16 12:32] Sudane Erato: :)
[2020/08/16 12:32] Almut Brunswick: A preliminary report would be sufficient as first approach
[2020/08/16 12:32] Sudane Erato: ok
[2020/08/16 12:32] Almut Brunswick: Just to get an idea about the dimensions
[2020/08/16 12:33] Sudane Erato: I always like to keep track of available public prims... so this is a good excuse :)
[2020/08/16 12:33] Almut Brunswick: Great, we all appreciate it
[2020/08/16 12:33] Em Warden (emwarden): Yes, thank you Sudane
[2020/08/16 12:34] Almut Brunswick: So when there aren't any further contributions to this topic, I propose to move to B. Missing roadway to a parcel close to the lake at Monastery

[2020/08/16 12:35] Almut Brunswick: (Stop me when I'm too fast, ok?)
[2020/08/16 12:35] Sudane Erato: fast is good :)
[2020/08/16 12:35] Tanoujin Milestone: this is no SC meeting ;)
[2020/08/16 12:35] Rosie Gray: /me laughs
[2020/08/16 12:35] Sudane Erato: hehe
[2020/08/16 12:36] Almut Brunswick: In order to give you a first visual impression what I could imagine as a solution, I threw some prims on that namely spot: http://almut-brunswick.de/Bilder/LA_Mon ... Mockup.jpg
[2020/08/16 12:36] Sudane Erato: that looks neat to me!
[2020/08/16 12:36] Almut Brunswick: Some have already seen it and Rosie was already shocked :D Well, it is a first proposal to start the discussion on a more substantial base.
[2020/08/16 12:37] Rosie Gray: lol, not quite shocked! hahah
[2020/08/16 12:37] Almut Brunswick: I just found that cobblestone texture. In fact, I wanted it in reinforced concrete :D
[2020/08/16 12:37] Almut Brunswick: no, just kidding...
[2020/08/16 12:37] Almut Brunswick: it is just a dimension model
[2020/08/16 12:37] Sudane Erato: hehe
[2020/08/16 12:38] Em Warden (emwarden): /me grins
[2020/08/16 12:38] Almut Brunswick: it *could* have a similar shape and dimension
[2020/08/16 12:38] Almut Brunswick: Em knows me... :)
[2020/08/16 12:39] Almut Brunswick: I saw that wall on the other side of the narrow channel and thought: That is already the corresponding counterpart to what we could construct there
[2020/08/16 12:39] Em Warden (emwarden): Yes, it is almost as if Delia had known it was coming :)
[2020/08/16 12:39] Sudane Erato: exactly
[2020/08/16 12:40] Almut Brunswick: the old sluice is longly out of use, hence there is already a shore with plants etc.
[2020/08/16 12:40] Sudane Erato: the wall hides possible region texture mis-matches
[2020/08/16 12:40] Brooke Brandenburg: sim border?
[2020/08/16 12:40] Sudane Erato: yes
[2020/08/16 12:40] Almut Brunswick: The wall wouldn't be so compact in the final mesh version
[2020/08/16 12:40] Almut Brunswick: yes, there is a sim border
[2020/08/16 12:41] Almut Brunswick: I experienced it as I tried to link my plywood stuff together
[2020/08/16 12:41] Brooke Brandenburg: lol
[2020/08/16 12:41] Sudane Erato: :)
[2020/08/16 12:41] Em Warden (emwarden): Hehe
[2020/08/16 12:42] Almut Brunswick: That roundish part could be place for a tree or a gazebo or whatever would add some visual attraction
[2020/08/16 12:42] Almut Brunswick: and the path to the plot could be a sort of stone dam with some stairs
[2020/08/16 12:43] Almut Brunswick: so we could get an organic "fading" into the actual landscape
[2020/08/16 12:43] Almut Brunswick: It would be, however, a solution which requires a custom mesh
[2020/08/16 12:43] Em Warden (emwarden): I like that we'll have a way up to the lake
[2020/08/16 12:43] Almut Brunswick: There is nothing to get in a suprmarket like that
[2020/08/16 12:44] Almut Brunswick: Yes, that is my idea, too
[2020/08/16 12:44] Em Warden (emwarden): Does that little lake have a name yet?
[2020/08/16 12:44] Almut Brunswick: and it is identifiable as the way to this parcel PLUS it also adds a benchmark
[2020/08/16 12:44] Rosie Gray: we've always called it Monastery Lake
[2020/08/16 12:44] Almut Brunswick: Not that I would know
[2020/08/16 12:45] Em Warden (emwarden): OK
[2020/08/16 12:45] Em Warden (emwarden): it could need a sign
[2020/08/16 12:45] Rosie Gray: but it could have another name... the roads committee is going to work through things like that
[2020/08/16 12:45] Almut Brunswick: Then the pathway could be named Klosterschleusenweg
[2020/08/16 12:45] Em Warden (emwarden): Hahaha
[2020/08/16 12:45] Brooke Brandenburg: whoa
[2020/08/16 12:46] Almut Brunswick: Monastery Lake Sluice Lane
[2020/08/16 12:46] Brooke Brandenburg: mouthful :)
[2020/08/16 12:46] Sudane Erato: hehe
[2020/08/16 12:46] Almut Brunswick: hence better in German: One word
[2020/08/16 12:46] Brooke Brandenburg: right!
[2020/08/16 12:46] Almut Brunswick: the pond could be renamed Klosterschleuse
[2020/08/16 12:47] Em Warden (emwarden): We dont have signs long enough for Geerman names ::
[2020/08/16 12:47] Almut Brunswick: like the kettle sluice I'e shown you on Wikipedia
[2020/08/16 12:47] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): We can make them long
[2020/08/16 12:47] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): the signs that is
[2020/08/16 12:47] Almut Brunswick: it is not Welsh!
[2020/08/16 12:47] Almut Brunswick: :D
[2020/08/16 12:47] Brooke Brandenburg: isn't this for the road committee?
[2020/08/16 12:47] Delia Lake: I don't care what languages we use to label roads, lakes, districts, etc, but for the sake of visitors I'd suggest that names not be too long or too difficult to pronounce
[2020/08/16 12:47] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): yes indeed
[2020/08/16 12:47] Almut Brunswick: Yes it is. But we could propose it
[2020/08/16 12:47] Brooke Brandenburg: of course...just considering time
[2020/08/16 12:47] Delia Lake: we want visitors to be able to find their way around imo
[2020/08/16 12:48] Almut Brunswick: Ok, they will be done in 4 years or so ...
[2020/08/16 12:48] Almut Brunswick: kidding...
[2020/08/16 12:48] Sudane Erato: I suugest we leave this topic to the roads comm
[2020/08/16 12:48] Almut Brunswick: Anyway, I'm good with Monastery Lake for now
[2020/08/16 12:48] Almut Brunswick: right
[2020/08/16 12:48] Em Warden (emwarden): I think you were just joking with your Klosterschleusenweg, Almut
[2020/08/16 12:48] Delia Lake: also I only hav 13 min left and have comments for a couple of the remaining things on the agenda
[2020/08/16 12:48] Almut Brunswick: Our task is to propose a solution for that namely roadway
[2020/08/16 12:48] Almut Brunswick: nods, Delia
[2020/08/16 12:49] Almut Brunswick: How to proceed now? Of course all are called up to create their own solution
[2020/08/16 12:49] Almut Brunswick: something we can present in the forum and eventually to the RA
[2020/08/16 12:50] Sudane Erato: we the LUC propose a solution, and offer it to the RA, who approves it or not and gives to Chancellor to implement..... no?
[2020/08/16 12:50] Almut Brunswick: Yes
[2020/08/16 12:50] Almut Brunswick: but what is our proposal for the solution?
[2020/08/16 12:50] Almut Brunswick: I could work it out more of course
[2020/08/16 12:50] Tanoujin Milestone: may I interfere?
[2020/08/16 12:51] Almut Brunswick: sure, Tan
[2020/08/16 12:51] Rosie Gray: I think it has to be posted on the forums for comment too
[2020/08/16 12:51] Tanoujin Milestone: I think Almut needs some support for her proposal, so you should tell her if you want her to go on working on that ;)
[2020/08/16 12:51] Rosie Gray: for 2 weeks prior to doing anything
[2020/08/16 12:52] Tanoujin Milestone: done
[2020/08/16 12:52] Almut Brunswick: yes, but before I would know *your* LUC vote
[2020/08/16 12:52] Almut Brunswick: are there any alternatives so far?
[2020/08/16 12:52] Almut Brunswick: I was a bit forward, I must admit
[2020/08/16 12:52] Sudane Erato: :)
[2020/08/16 12:52] Almut Brunswick: Let
[2020/08/16 12:52] Em Warden (emwarden): Are you to make the custom made mesh, Almut?
[2020/08/16 12:52] Sudane Erato: I think we should propose your plan to the forum and the RA
[2020/08/16 12:53] Almut Brunswick: Yes of course, Em.
[2020/08/16 12:53] Almut Brunswick: And I will strive to make acceptable textures.
[2020/08/16 12:54] Almut Brunswick: Albeit I think it makes sense when I don't finalise the complete struture before the discussions in the Forum and in the RA is through
[2020/08/16 12:54] Em Warden (emwarden): Reasonable enough
[2020/08/16 12:54] Rosie Gray: a point to remember about Monastery, is that it's a homestead sim, and Delia has to redo the waterfalls still
[2020/08/16 12:55] Rosie Gray: just keeping in mind the LI
[2020/08/16 12:55] Lyubov Atheria: Yes, to be clear, the RA is expecting a proposal, the 2 weeks of public comment notwithstanding.
[2020/08/16 12:55] Almut Brunswick: yes, I know, it is already in the MoM of last meeting
[2020/08/16 12:55] Delia Lake: I have only 5 min left here. So to new business, 5. A. Rosie and I decided to use Archie for the river priims so that the CDS will own the rivers, not us. As soon as Rosie is finished with AM I will update Friedsee waterfalls and all.
[2020/08/16 12:55] Rosie Gray: I'm done now, Delia
[2020/08/16 12:55] Almut Brunswick: Ok, noted.
[2020/08/16 12:55] Em Warden (emwarden): ANd the Monastery lake too, I believe?
[2020/08/16 12:55] Rosie Gray: except for perhaps a bit of tweaking but I won't need Archie
[2020/08/16 12:56] Almut Brunswick: What about Friedsee swimming and textures? (5. NB B)?
[2020/08/16 12:56] Sudane Erato: i did a study of that
[2020/08/16 12:56] Sudane Erato: at least one radical proposal
[2020/08/16 12:56] Sudane Erato: I raised the SL sea level to 100
[2020/08/16 12:57] Delia Lake: C. Friedsee Lake. It is swimable already and has been since the begiinning. the thing is that there no generral/global scripts for swimable and the swiim anim has to match the scripts
[2020/08/16 12:57] Sudane Erato: to see how it would look
[2020/08/16 12:57] Almut Brunswick: Climate change...
[2020/08/16 12:57] Almut Brunswick: Was this just not known to the RA?
[2020/08/16 12:57] Delia Lake: this one is from Siggy Romulus so works with his swimmer
[2020/08/16 12:57] Brooke Brandenburg: so we could use LL water?
[2020/08/16 12:57] Em Warden (emwarden): I hope our coastal parcels won't be flooded, Sudane :)
[2020/08/16 12:57] Sudane Erato: yes, its a prim lake now, so you need swim scripts for a prim lake
[2020/08/16 12:58] Sudane Erato: haha... no... I put it back
[2020/08/16 12:58] Delia Lake: it is too high elevation to use LL water. we had this discussion when it was built and no one wanted it to be that low in elevation
[2020/08/16 12:58] Sudane Erato: but i made careful observations, and shared them with Rosie. Rosie was most skeptical :)
[2020/08/16 12:58] Almut Brunswick: /me dreams secretly of a tide power plant...
[2020/08/16 12:59] Rosie Gray: /me is generally skeptical ;D
[2020/08/16 12:59] Sudane Erato: hehe
[2020/08/16 12:59] Almut Brunswick: Ok, die we cover these two points with this information now sufficiently?
[2020/08/16 12:59] Almut Brunswick: did*
[2020/08/16 13:00] Sudane Erato: with the time we have, i think so
[2020/08/16 13:00] Almut Brunswick: I propose to pick that topic up on our next meeting
[2020/08/16 13:00] Sudane Erato: agreed
[2020/08/16 13:01] Sudane Erato: and the roads one as well
[2020/08/16 13:01] Almut Brunswick: so that we can let Delia go with a good conscience now
[2020/08/16 13:01] Delia Lake: as to the water texture for the lake, there are some spectacular turquoise lakes in the Swiss alps such as Oeschinen. it was modeled after those. we can change it but that's why it is turquoise. also Skye has the best water teture soo far but only on Skye prims. if we switch to those it willl significantly increase the lake prim count
[2020/08/16 13:02] Rosie Gray: there's always these trade-offs to consider
[2020/08/16 13:02] Delia Lake: yes
[2020/08/16 13:02] Delia Lake: I have many water textures. none are as goood as Skye
[2020/08/16 13:03] Delia Lake: none I've found foor sale in sl or on the internet either
[2020/08/16 13:03] Rosie Gray: his are the best for sure
[2020/08/16 13:03] Delia Lake: right now the lake is 4 single prims
[2020/08/16 13:04] Delia Lake: if we were to do Skye water it would probably be about 40
[2020/08/16 13:04] Delia Lake: or more for that size
[2020/08/16 13:04] Almut Brunswick: that is pretty much just for water
[2020/08/16 13:04] Delia Lake: yes
[2020/08/16 13:04] Delia Lake: the swimmable script is in the current water prims
[2020/08/16 13:05] Rosie Gray: we could also put down a couple of items with swim scripts in them... water toys
[2020/08/16 13:05] Delia Lake: yes or boats
[2020/08/16 13:05] Almut Brunswick: How frequent will it be used? Any ideas?
[2020/08/16 13:05] Em Warden (emwarden): That would be the easiest solution- and good enough in my opinion
[2020/08/16 13:06] Rosie Gray: I agree since I doubt there are very many people who actually want to swim
[2020/08/16 13:06] Almut Brunswick: Right, I second Em's idea
[2020/08/16 13:06] Brooke Brandenburg: I agree with boats
[2020/08/16 13:06] Em Warden (emwarden): (Swimming toys)
[2020/08/16 13:06] Em Warden (emwarden): Or perhaps something so outdated as pose balls for swimming....
[2020/08/16 13:07] Brooke Brandenburg: that is outdated :)
[2020/08/16 13:07] Almut Brunswick: We could consider to celebrate beach parties there from time to tme. Then you could still put up some swimming scripts there temporarily
[2020/08/16 13:07] Rosie Gray: lol... it would work the same way to have a water toy and not look so ugly
[2020/08/16 13:07] Brooke Brandenburg: yes! have something nice to look at by all means
[2020/08/16 13:07] Delia Lake: this is the swimmer hud that works with the current water. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Th ... ter/908729
[2020/08/16 13:07] Almut Brunswick: pose balls camouflaged as buoys
[2020/08/16 13:08] Almut Brunswick: or anchor mines^^
[2020/08/16 13:08] Em Warden (emwarden): Lol
[2020/08/16 13:08] Delia Lake: I have to go. I'll catch the rest of the transcript later. sorry to run. bye :)
[2020/08/16 13:08] Delia Lake: is offline.
[2020/08/16 13:08] Brooke Brandenburg: boat rezzers?
[2020/08/16 13:08] Em Warden (emwarden): Bye Delia
[2020/08/16 13:08] Sudane Erato: Delia... I have that onwe... never tried it in a prim lake
[2020/08/16 13:08] Almut Brunswick: All good, Delia!
[2020/08/16 13:08] Brooke Brandenburg: or one
[2020/08/16 13:08] Tanoujin Milestone: Bye Delia
[2020/08/16 13:08] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): I have that one too but never tired on prim water
[2020/08/16 13:09] Rosie Gray: are they nice animations?
[2020/08/16 13:09] Almut Brunswick: Ok, so we went through most of 5. New Business already :D
[2020/08/16 13:09] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): yes
[2020/08/16 13:09] Em Warden (emwarden): 4 C ?
[2020/08/16 13:09] Almut Brunswick: Sudane proposed to postpone B. Mesh roads to next meeting
[2020/08/16 13:10] Almut Brunswick: Em, we need to return to 4 b. even
[2020/08/16 13:10] Em Warden (emwarden): OK
[2020/08/16 13:11] Almut Brunswick: we just jumped to the parts where Delia's report and expertise was urgently required.
[2020/08/16 13:11] Almut Brunswick: Before we return to 4 B: Are there any things we need to vote?
[2020/08/16 13:12] Almut Brunswick: 5A was a status report
[2020/08/16 13:12] Almut Brunswick: 5C needs a sort of answer for the RA
[2020/08/16 13:13] Almut Brunswick: but it should be retrievable from the statements
[2020/08/16 13:13] Rosie Gray: well there was an answer
[2020/08/16 13:13] Almut Brunswick: right
[2020/08/16 13:13] Rosie Gray: ㋡
[2020/08/16 13:13] Almut Brunswick: 5B was agreed to be postponed. At least I heard no contradicting voices.
[2020/08/16 13:13] Lyubov Atheria: Yes, I think the RA is satisfied with "LUC is looking into options" for now :)
[2020/08/16 13:13] Almut Brunswick: Perfect!
[2020/08/16 13:14] Almut Brunswick: (poor Mizou must assort all our chitchat in the right order afterwards...)
[2020/08/16 13:14] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): hehe,
[2020/08/16 13:14] Almut Brunswick: Ok then...back to 4B:
[2020/08/16 13:15] Lyubov Atheria: Thank you everyone, I must go now as well. I'll be looking for the Transcript/Minutes....and see everyone next Saturday for the GQT and then the Beach Party :D
[2020/08/16 13:15] Almut Brunswick: Almut the Chairwoman asks the LUC for the mandate to prepare a substantial proposal for the missing roadway.
[2020/08/16 13:15] Brooke Brandenburg: bye Lyuba!
[2020/08/16 13:16] Almut Brunswick: Bye Lyubov!
[2020/08/16 13:16] Rosie Gray: bye Lyubov!
[2020/08/16 13:16] Lyubov Atheria: <3
[2020/08/16 13:16] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): Bye Lyubov
[2020/08/16 13:16] Lyubov Atheria: is offline.
[2020/08/16 13:16] Em Warden (emwarden): Bye bye Lyubov
[2020/08/16 13:16] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): Bye!
[2020/08/16 13:16] Almut Brunswick: Substantial means: Something visual and textual in the Forum
[2020/08/16 13:17] Almut Brunswick: In the case that not anybody else has an alternative idea so far.
[2020/08/16 13:17] Almut Brunswick: Rosie, how many LI can I use? Just to get an idea
[2020/08/16 13:17] Rosie Gray: I don't really know, Almut
[2020/08/16 13:18] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): Public prim issue in FS – only 300 available /
[2020/08/16 13:18] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): thats from last time
[2020/08/16 13:18] Rosie Gray: it would have to be very low... something like 10 or 12
[2020/08/16 13:18] Rosie Gray: less if possible
[2020/08/16 13:18] Almut Brunswick: That's a word, thank you
[2020/08/16 13:18] Almut Brunswick: 10-12 sounds feasible
[2020/08/16 13:19] Almut Brunswick: I need to consider these constraints when creating the meshes and the physics
[2020/08/16 13:19] Tanoujin Milestone: :) Lover calling - see you all soon!
[2020/08/16 13:19] Rosie Gray: bye Tan
[2020/08/16 13:19] Almut Brunswick: so no statue of me, but garden dwarfs are forbidden in this region anyway :D
[2020/08/16 13:20] Em Warden (emwarden): Bye bye Tan
[2020/08/16 13:20] Rosie Gray: rofl
[2020/08/16 13:21] Almut Brunswick: So shall we formally vote or is it a silent *go for it!*?
[2020/08/16 13:21] Sudane Erato: I would be happy to make the motion
[2020/08/16 13:21] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): second
[2020/08/16 13:21] Almut Brunswick: Ok, letäs vote then
[2020/08/16 13:21] Em Warden (emwarden): Aye
[2020/08/16 13:21] Sudane Erato: I move we send Almut's proposal to the RA
[2020/08/16 13:21] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): aye
[2020/08/16 13:21] Almut Brunswick: aye
[2020/08/16 13:21] Brooke Brandenburg: aye
[2020/08/16 13:21] Sudane Erato: aye
[2020/08/16 13:22] Em Warden (emwarden): aye
[2020/08/16 13:22] Almut Brunswick: Thank you!
[2020/08/16 13:23] Almut Brunswick: C, LUC Law changes: I must admit that I need to read the past posts with more attention. I'm bit out of business due to my holidays
[2020/08/16 13:24] Brooke Brandenburg: I think there is still only commentary at the forum; no draft document yet.
[2020/08/16 13:25] Almut Brunswick: Right. I actually wanted to create my own proposal, though Tan#s draft is not bad in its core. It just don't really look like a law text. But the original law doesn't look like that either.
[2020/08/16 13:25] Brooke Brandenburg: that would be good
[2020/08/16 13:25] Almut Brunswick: I need to ponder about it
[2020/08/16 13:25] Brooke Brandenburg: :)
[2020/08/16 13:26] Almut Brunswick: I would like to see one thought/regulation per paragraph. Not an essay.
[2020/08/16 13:26] Brooke Brandenburg: His does seems more like suggestions, so far.
[2020/08/16 13:26] Almut Brunswick: Yes, I agree
[2020/08/16 13:27] Em Warden (emwarden): Looking forward to see your structured proposal on the Forum, Almuth :)
[2020/08/16 13:27] Almut Brunswick: It needs to be sanded and polished
[2020/08/16 13:27] Sudane Erato: :)
[2020/08/16 13:27] Brooke Brandenburg: Yes
[2020/08/16 13:28] Almut Brunswick: ok, no vote required here.
[2020/08/16 13:28] Almut Brunswick: When there aren't any further comments so far, let's move to 6. Miscellaneous
[2020/08/16 13:28] Almut Brunswick: And there is indeed something to add.
[2020/08/16 13:29] Almut Brunswick: As you all know, the venerable but aged Monastery building is about to be replaced.
[2020/08/16 13:30] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): Yes and Sudane building is amazing!
[2020/08/16 13:30] Almut Brunswick: Tan sent me an IM today and asked me about my opinion how to conduct with an "archiving" of the current building. Main issue is that the prims are owned by different people
[2020/08/16 13:31] Almut Brunswick: My proposal was thus not to archive the building in some inventory (and never ever to see that building again)
[2020/08/16 13:31] Em Warden (emwarden): Oh- that makes things complicated
[2020/08/16 13:31] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): Gosh
[2020/08/16 13:31] Almut Brunswick: but to create an inworld video (a machinima) to document the current ensemble
[2020/08/16 13:31] Sudane Erato: sadly that's probably what will be necessary
[2020/08/16 13:32] Almut Brunswick: In fact, that was Arria Perreaults's idea 6 years ago
[2020/08/16 13:32] Sudane Erato: really?
[2020/08/16 13:32] Almut Brunswick: At that time she was afraid that she cannot hold the Monastery sim any longer
[2020/08/16 13:33] Almut Brunswick: so she asked me if I could create a machinima in order to document the monastery
[2020/08/16 13:33] Rosie Gray: clap clap clap
[2020/08/16 13:33] Rosie Gray: it's a great idea
[2020/08/16 13:33] Almut Brunswick: I agreed, but then I never have heard about her request
[2020/08/16 13:34] Em Warden (emwarden): I was afraid we would hurt Arria's feelings...
[2020/08/16 13:34] Almut Brunswick: Now, Monastery is still existing, but eventually about to be replaced. So the need for documentation is really here!
[2020/08/16 13:34] Rosie Gray: sorry everyone, but I have to go
[2020/08/16 13:34] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): Perfect
[2020/08/16 13:34] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): See you Rosie
[2020/08/16 13:34] Brooke Brandenburg: bye Rosie
[2020/08/16 13:34] Em Warden (emwarden): Bye bye Rosie
[2020/08/16 13:34] Almut Brunswick: Rosie already knows the rest of the story
[2020/08/16 13:34] Rosie Gray: bye all!
[2020/08/16 13:34] Sudane Erato: bye !
[2020/08/16 13:34] Almut Brunswick: Bye Rosie
[2020/08/16 13:35] Rosie Gray: is offline.
[2020/08/16 13:35] Almut Brunswick: After the chat with Tan, I talked with Rosie and she supports this idea
[2020/08/16 13:36] Almut Brunswick: In my understanding, the LUC is the service provider for all construction planning matters - and so also documentation
[2020/08/16 13:36] Sudane Erato: that really sounds great
[2020/08/16 13:36] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): Perfect!
[2020/08/16 13:36] Almut Brunswick: So it is somehow natural that we should take care of this, too
[2020/08/16 13:36] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): The video will be posted on Youtube?
[2020/08/16 13:36] Almut Brunswick: Yes
[2020/08/16 13:36] Brooke Brandenburg: seems like the right thing to do
[2020/08/16 13:37] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): Do we have a Youtube account for CDS?
[2020/08/16 13:37] Almut Brunswick: I asked Tan - and you herewith as well - to take some notes what to cover in the video
[2020/08/16 13:37] Almut Brunswick: No, but I have one
[2020/08/16 13:37] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): Hmm could it be linked to the Archie email account?
[2020/08/16 13:37] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): the one for the website
[2020/08/16 13:38] Almut Brunswick: There is, by the way, a machinma I made 6 years ago with a workshop of language teachers.
[2020/08/16 13:38] Almut Brunswick: What is the Archie email account?
[2020/08/16 13:38] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): just a sec
[2020/08/16 13:38] Em Warden (emwarden): It sounds you are well prepared for this job, Almuth :)
[2020/08/16 13:38] Almut Brunswick: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCKGnI31s5g
[2020/08/16 13:39] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): [email protected]
[2020/08/16 13:39] Almut Brunswick: Just for your curiosity
[2020/08/16 13:39] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): I can give the login when needed, if OK with Sudane?
[2020/08/16 13:39] Em Warden (emwarden): Thank you Almuth
[2020/08/16 13:39] Sudane Erato: OK with me?
[2020/08/16 13:40] Sudane Erato: its not my account... so fine with me
[2020/08/16 13:40] Almut Brunswick: Rosie was so excited that she wanted to create a whole CDS video with everything, but I stopped her a bit for now:D
[2020/08/16 13:40] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): to give loging details for archie's gmail, which is connected to the website
[2020/08/16 13:40] Sudane Erato: haha
[2020/08/16 13:40] Almut Brunswick: Oh, I will leave this linking to you. I *just* will create the video with Tan
[2020/08/16 13:41] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): Do you mean that you want me to upload it to YouTube on Archies account?
[2020/08/16 13:41] Almut Brunswick: And secretly she might hope that I will be so occupied with video making that I won't have enough time for building^^
[2020/08/16 13:41] Almut Brunswick: (not for the records, Mizou)
[2020/08/16 13:41] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): lol
[2020/08/16 13:41] Sudane Erato: And anyone is invited to the workshop to see the monastery building that will replace it... a work in progress
[2020/08/16 13:41] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): Beautifull build, full of character
[2020/08/16 13:41] Em Warden (emwarden): How do we get there, Sudane?
[2020/08/16 13:42] Almut Brunswick: Sudane, that is another thought we (Rosie and I) had: The Monastery construction site as part of the CDS video...
[2020/08/16 13:43] Em Warden (emwarden): I once had the idea of making some cells for monks or nuns in the Monastery...
[2020/08/16 13:43] Almut Brunswick: Cells is good, but maybe for lazy and ignorant citizens :D
[2020/08/16 13:44] Sudane Erato: hehe
[2020/08/16 13:44] Sudane Erato: i don't think I'll make any cells :)
[2020/08/16 13:44] Sudane Erato: not my kind of monastery :)
[2020/08/16 13:44] Almut Brunswick: with what we call "Schwedische Gardinen" (Swedsih curtains = barred windows) in German
[2020/08/16 13:45] Em Warden (emwarden): Hehe
[2020/08/16 13:45] Almut Brunswick: Well, I'm Lutheran. A monk married an escaped nun and they became quite successful :D
[2020/08/16 13:45] Sudane Erato: sadly, now its me that must leave... but I am in favor of next mtg on Aug 30
[2020/08/16 13:45] Brooke Brandenburg: I need to go soon as well.
[2020/08/16 13:45] Almut Brunswick: Ah yes, next meeting.
[2020/08/16 13:45] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): Same here,
[2020/08/16 13:46] Sudane Erato: bye all !
[2020/08/16 13:46] Brooke Brandenburg: byeee
[2020/08/16 13:46] Almut Brunswick: Agreed everybody?
[2020/08/16 13:46] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): bye sudane
[2020/08/16 13:46] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): yes
[2020/08/16 13:46] Almut Brunswick: Bye Sudane
[2020/08/16 13:46] Brooke Brandenburg: agreed
[2020/08/16 13:46] Em Warden (emwarden): Bye bye, Sudane
[2020/08/16 13:46] Almut Brunswick: Good
[2020/08/16 13:46] Em Warden (emwarden): I can make it too
[2020/08/16 13:46] Almut Brunswick: Meeting is adjouned at 1:46 PM SLT
[2020/08/16 13:46] Brooke Brandenburg: thank you Almut!
[2020/08/16 13:46] Brooke Brandenburg: good meeting
[2020/08/16 13:46] Almut Brunswick: Thank you for bearing with me again
[2020/08/16 13:46] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): Thanks Almut
[2020/08/16 13:47] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): See you all
[2020/08/16 13:47] Brooke Brandenburg: bye all!
[2020/08/16 13:47] Almut Brunswick: Bye!
[2020/08/16 13:47] Em Warden (emwarden): Thank you, Almuth
[2020/08/16 13:47] Em Warden (emwarden): See you all soon
'Egidius, waer bestu bleven, mi lanct na di, gheselle mijn. Du coors die doot, du liets mi tleven. Dat was gheselscap, goet ende fijn.'
Gruuthuuse-handschrift -circa 1400
Post Reply

Return to “Land Use Commission-Announcements”