9 - 13, LUC Transcript

Announcements and transcripts of the Land Use Commission

Moderator: SC Moderators

Post Reply
User avatar
Mizou Vavoom
Veteran debater
Veteran debater
Posts: 257
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:03 am
Location: Ireland, Colonia Nova & Neufreistadt
Contact:

9 - 13, LUC Transcript

Post by Mizou Vavoom »

Land Use Commission
Sunday September 13, 2020, 12:00 am SLT

LUC members: Almut - Chairperson, Delia - Pro Tempore, Sudane, Brooke - RA Rep, Mizou - Secretary
Absent members: Em Warden - Citizens Rep
Guests: Rosie, Chancellor

[2020/09/13 12:17] Almut Brunswick: I sent Mizou a TP
[2020/09/13 12:17] Rosie Gray: hi Mizou
[2020/09/13 12:18] Almut Brunswick: There she is
[2020/09/13 12:18] Sudane Erato: hi Mizou! :)
[2020/09/13 12:18] Brooke Brandenburg: Hello Mizou!
[2020/09/13 12:18] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): Hello Brooke, Almut, Rosie and Sudane
[2020/09/13 12:18] Delia Lake: Hi Mizou
[2020/09/13 12:18] Brooke Brandenburg: :)
[2020/09/13 12:18] Almut Brunswick: Sudane started to record the minutes as a cartoon. So we are glad that you can take over now :D
[2020/09/13 12:18] Sudane Erato: I did???? :)
[2020/09/13 12:18] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): apologies about being late for some reason i had in my mind that it was at 9 RL time
[2020/09/13 12:18] Almut Brunswick: I saw you scribbling under the bench
[2020/09/13 12:19] Rosie Gray: lol
[2020/09/13 12:19] Sudane Erato: ahhhh :)
[2020/09/13 12:19] Brooke Brandenburg: hidden talents :)
[2020/09/13 12:19] Almut Brunswick: Ok, are we all ready and set now?
[2020/09/13 12:19] Sudane Erato: all set :)
[2020/09/13 12:19] Sudane Erato: except no eyes :)
[2020/09/13 12:19] Brooke Brandenburg: :(
[2020/09/13 12:20] Almut Brunswick: Ok, herewith I call this illustrious circle to order!
[2020/09/13 12:20] Almut Brunswick: 12:20 PM SLT for the records.
[2020/09/13 12:20] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): thanks for waiting for me
[2020/09/13 12:21] Almut Brunswick: Em let me know beforehand that she cannot make it today
[2020/09/13 12:21] Almut Brunswick: So that we are complete for now.
[2020/09/13 12:21] Almut Brunswick: 2. Discussion and approval of today's agenda
[2020/09/13 12:22] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): hmmm n agenda
[2020/09/13 12:22] Almut Brunswick: I must correct myself: Tan is not here today which is a bit sad.
[2020/09/13 12:22] Sudane Erato: i move we approve
[2020/09/13 12:22] Brooke Brandenburg: second
[2020/09/13 12:22] Almut Brunswick: Mizou got the agenda right now
[2020/09/13 12:22] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): aye
[2020/09/13 12:22] Brooke Brandenburg: aye
[2020/09/13 12:22] Almut Brunswick: aye
[2020/09/13 12:23] Almut Brunswick: Thank you!
[2020/09/13 12:23] Almut Brunswick: 3. Discussion and approval of the recent meeting minutes (August 30, 2020)
[2020/09/13 12:24] Almut Brunswick: I would like to thank Mizou for her minutes posted in the forum. Are there any additions, corrections, or comments?
[2020/09/13 12:24] Brooke Brandenburg: Move we approve the minutes as written
[2020/09/13 12:24] Sudane Erato: i second
[2020/09/13 12:24] Almut Brunswick: okidoki
[2020/09/13 12:25] Almut Brunswick: aye
[2020/09/13 12:25] Brooke Brandenburg: aye
[2020/09/13 12:25] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): aye
[2020/09/13 12:25] Sudane Erato: aye
[2020/09/13 12:25] Almut Brunswick: 4. Old Business:
[2020/09/13 12:25] Almut Brunswick: A. Suggestions for additions to LA port area
[2020/09/13 12:25] Almut Brunswick: I think we can keep that short
[2020/09/13 12:26] Sudane Erato: ok... that connects to my prims study
[2020/09/13 12:26] Almut Brunswick: I was about to ask, Sudane.
[2020/09/13 12:26] Sudane Erato: I reported my progress, such as it is
[2020/09/13 12:26] Sudane Erato: i discovered a good tool... built into FS
[2020/09/13 12:27] Sudane Erato: but going down the list of items is laborious
[2020/09/13 12:27] Sudane Erato: since it can't be copied out
[2020/09/13 12:27] Almut Brunswick: Screenshot?
[2020/09/13 12:27] Sudane Erato: but I am doing so... found 19 LI on Coolin Seaside that SHOULD be on his parcel but isn't
[2020/09/13 12:27] Delia Lake: and netting out the results of your prim study?
[2020/09/13 12:28] Sudane Erato: screenshot is possible
[2020/09/13 12:28] Rosie Gray: that would be very difficult to read
[2020/09/13 12:28] Sudane Erato: but there are 465 items on the one parcel
[2020/09/13 12:28] Sudane Erato: and I'd much prefer them in a spreadsheet
[2020/09/13 12:29] Sudane Erato: most of the prims now are buildings which we've pegged to public land
[2020/09/13 12:29] Delia Lake: brb were about to get rain and I need to close a couple of windows
[2020/09/13 12:29] Sudane Erato: and also a lot of prims in the old umbilicus stash... the time machine
[2020/09/13 12:29] Sudane Erato: but I'll keep at it and see how much we can lower it
[2020/09/13 12:30] Sudane Erato: that’s really all i can report
[2020/09/13 12:31] Almut Brunswick: Would it be a good idea to draw a sort of schematic site map in order to get a coarse overview where the prims could be made available?
[2020/09/13 12:31] Lyubov Atheria: raise hand
[2020/09/13 12:31] Almut Brunswick: Lyubov please[2020/09/13 12:31] Sudane Erato: Almut, not sure what you mean by "where"
[2020/09/13 12:31] Lyubov Atheria: thank you Almut.
[2020/09/13 12:33] Lyubov Atheria: let's assume that at best, only another 20 LI can be "saved" on public areas of LA. what does this mean for any potential changes to the waterfront area? does this suggest that we are already at the "limit" of how many LI would like to spend there? if so, then maybe this is not an area that we are able to really improve right now, and we should turn our attention to other projects? or, do we have a "modest" LI budget, and how do we propose to work within this limit to make any changes?
[2020/09/13 12:33] Delia Lake: back
[2020/09/13 12:34] Almut Brunswick: wb Delia
[2020/09/13 12:34] Almut Brunswick: Almut raises hand
[2020/09/13 12:34] Sudane Erato: raise hand re Lyu
[2020/09/13 12:34] Lyubov Atheria: done
[2020/09/13 12:34] Almut Brunswick: Ok Sudane first..."Almut you must wait"
[2020/09/13 12:34] Sudane Erato: (and i fixed my eyes!! :)
[2020/09/13 12:35] Sudane Erato: ok
[2020/09/13 12:35] Brooke Brandenburg: wooot!
[2020/09/13 12:35] Sudane Erato: re Lyu
[2020/09/13 12:35] Rosie Gray: /me peers at Sudane's green eyes
[2020/09/13 12:35] Sudane Erato: I don't think that's the limit... since perhaps rebuilding some things... even roadways and such, might lower LI
[2020/09/13 12:35] Sudane Erato: so
[2020/09/13 12:36] Sudane Erato: before feeling we've reached the bare limit
[2020/09/13 12:36] Sudane Erato: i think we should work more on this topic... I do volunteer to continue
[2020/09/13 12:36] Sudane Erato: done
[2020/09/13 12:36] Almut Brunswick: Thank you, Sudane
[2020/09/13 12:36] Almut Brunswick: I may remember us all on the initial planning:
[2020/09/13 12:37] Almut Brunswick: 1. Performing a survey how many prims we have and where we can probably save some to gain some potential plus reserves for any sort of static or temporary changes
[2020/09/13 12:37] Almut Brunswick: (this is what Sudane is currently doing)
[2020/09/13 12:38] Sudane Erato: yes
[2020/09/13 12:38] Almut Brunswick: and based on this
[2020/09/13 12:38] Almut Brunswick: 2. Breaking our heads if and what we can add, alter or renew
[2020/09/13 12:39] Sudane Erato: well... in a pinch we can always convert a parcel to a prim reservoir
[2020/09/13 12:39] Almut Brunswick: while also considering that a certain reserve of LI should be kept for temporary activities
[2020/09/13 12:39] Sudane Erato: like we have in NFS
[2020/09/13 12:39] Almut Brunswick: Rosie stated that the area is actually in a good shape in respect on its basic layout, and in general I agree
[2020/09/13 12:40] Sudane Erato: i agree too
[2020/09/13 12:40] Sudane Erato: too
[2020/09/13 12:41] Almut Brunswick: Nonetheless it would not hurt to think about some details - attractions, temporarily set props etc - which might make the location even more attractive
[2020/09/13 12:41] Rosie Gray: temporary set props are my job, Almut
[2020/09/13 12:41] Almut Brunswick: Yes, I know
[2020/09/13 12:41] Almut Brunswick: but they also need LI
[2020/09/13 12:42] Rosie Gray: yes, but the LUC doesn't need to be concerned with this
[2020/09/13 12:42] Almut Brunswick: in the case, we can find - say - a building which could be replaced by a nicer AND more effective one, we should do this. Also considering the main purpose of this area
[2020/09/13 12:42] Lyubov Atheria: raise hand
[2020/09/13 12:43] Almut Brunswick: Lyubov please
[2020/09/13 12:43] Lyubov Atheria: thank you. just a general comment or question: is the LA waterfront the best use of our limited time and resources right now, or are there other areas in CDS that might be a better focus of our attention?
[2020/09/13 12:43] Lyubov Atheria: done
[2020/09/13 12:44] Almut Brunswick: Question back to Lyubov: Which area would you have in mind instead?
[2020/09/13 12:45] Lyubov Atheria: i think this is where the LUC finds its advisory role :)
[2020/09/13 12:45] Sudane Erato: LA is slipping badly in revenues again
[2020/09/13 12:45] Lyubov Atheria: personally, one area that i have always felt is outdated is the Amphitheater in CN....but in general...CN is the one full region that is under-performing. oh ok, LA now too?
[2020/09/13 12:46] Sudane Erato: CN too... yes... perpetually slow :(
[2020/09/13 12:46] Sudane Erato:
[2020/09/13 12:47] Lyubov Atheria: there are certainly old houses in that area of CN as well, while the Forum and Stella have had recent attention
[2020/09/13 12:47] Almut Brunswick: We just can focus in respect on bigger projects on one region at the same time. That does not mean that we should leave the other regions out of focus.
[2020/09/13 12:47] Lyubov Atheria: in LA, we certainly have older houses in the Village area that may need an update
[2020/09/13 12:48] Rosie Gray: /me raises a hand
[2020/09/13 12:48] Almut Brunswick: So that LA is in fact one of our "hot spots" to care about?
[2020/09/13 12:49] Lyubov Atheria: my point of view, is that LA and AM have the greatest revenue potential (because of the largest number of prims that can be sold). i would certainly like to see all "full regions" (meaning, not MO and FS) at least cover their own tier
[2020/09/13 12:50] Almut Brunswick: Let me add a personal comment: I think we should always have the purpose of a place in mind. What does make a region more attractive than others? What is the main designation of a place?
[2020/09/13 12:50] Sudane Erato: I can completely agree with that! :)
[2020/09/13 12:50] Brooke Brandenburg: If we want to attract more renters, it must be attractive and appealing.
[2020/09/13 12:51] Delia Lake: yes
[2020/09/13 12:51] Rosie Gray: purchasers, owners
[2020/09/13 12:51] Rosie Gray: not renters!
[2020/09/13 12:51] Almut Brunswick: When there are outdated and primmy houses, then it is one thing. But also the public spaces, the surrounding must fit
[2020/09/13 12:51] Brooke Brandenburg: whatever!
[2020/09/13 12:51] Almut Brunswick: citizens
[2020/09/13 12:51] Rosie Gray: yes ㋡
[2020/09/13 12:51] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): :)
[2020/09/13 12:51] Rosie Gray: semantics do matter with this :)
[2020/09/13 12:52] Brooke Brandenburg: I beg your pardon in that case!
[2020/09/13 12:52] Almut Brunswick: Other regions have also nice houses, but the community and their places is what makes CDS special
[2020/09/13 12:52] Brooke Brandenburg: but that is not the issue here really
[2020/09/13 12:52] Rosie Gray: /me looks at her hand in the air
[2020/09/13 12:53] Almut Brunswick: Catching flies? I better let you speak now :D
[2020/09/13 12:53] Rosie Gray: lol
[2020/09/13 12:53] Rosie Gray: well I wanted to comment on the houses in LA
[2020/09/13 12:53] Rosie Gray: the fishing village houses
[2020/09/13 12:53] Rosie Gray: I agree that they need updating, but also need to point out that we can only do that when they are empty
[2020/09/13 12:53] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): /me nods
[2020/09/13 12:53] Rosie Gray: I think that would be a good place to focus some energy
[2020/09/13 12:54] Delia Lake: /me raises her hand
[2020/09/13 12:54] Rosie Gray: done
[2020/09/13 12:54] Almut Brunswick: Delia please
[2020/09/13 12:55] Delia Lake: first, originally I thought that LA was intended to be modelled after some of the charming Mediterranean coastal towns. do we still want that?
[2020/09/13 12:55] Delia Lake: because it would affect any house redesigns
[2020/09/13 12:56] Almut Brunswick: That question goes to Lyubov mainly
[2020/09/13 12:56] Almut Brunswick: because it affects the general conception of the region
[2020/09/13 12:56] Delia Lake: and while some people may not want a house remodelled round them other people might be just fine with doing that, so, we should ask people who already own there.
[2020/09/13 12:56] Lyubov Atheria: I’m not entertaining a theme change, I think it is good and i love CDS’s diversity
[2020/09/13 12:56] Rosie Gray: the covenant dictates the theme
[2020/09/13 12:57] Almut Brunswick: So the general theme persists and so any new house should comply with it
[2020/09/13 12:57] Delia Lake: I like having the Mediterranean feel
[2020/09/13 12:57] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): me too
[2020/09/13 12:57] Almut Brunswick: (no chance for my beloved Dutch brick houses ^^)
[2020/09/13 12:57] Sudane Erato: hehe
[2020/09/13 12:57] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): Nope Almut! lol
[2020/09/13 12:58] Sudane Erato: they might work in NFS :)
[2020/09/13 12:58] Delia Lake: I think we should maybe research or at least think abut what makes a locale charming
[2020/09/13 12:58] Almut Brunswick: Well, I'm just a servant in this respect and I have a different personal preference, but there is nothing to change here. Period.
[2020/09/13 12:59] Almut Brunswick: I think that "Mediterranean" provides a certain bandwidth
[2020/09/13 12:59] Almut Brunswick: Nobody will insist on having e.g. only Sicilian houses there
[2020/09/13 13:00] Rosie Gray: Locus Amoenus is inspired by and modelled after rural Tuscany with a large area of surrounding countryside.1. Building style that is consistent with those of rural, timeless, pre-modern Tuscany; from post-Roman (this means Roman builds can exist but would be ‘old’ rather than new) up to and including pre-WW1 (1914). Reference images located here.
[2020/09/13 13:00] Almut Brunswick: so no Mussolini style? :D
[2020/09/13 13:00] Sudane Erato: exactly
[2020/09/13 13:00] Brooke Brandenburg: So we need to take a look at Tuscan hill villages for inspiration or some such.
[2020/09/13 13:01] Rosie Gray: /me nods
[2020/09/13 13:01] Brooke Brandenburg: or the coast there
[2020/09/13 13:01] Almut Brunswick: Ok, I think that gives us the frame
[2020/09/13 13:01] Lyubov Atheria: maybe, the LUC can spend some time to decide what the most valuable area in CDS would be for the next area of focus. Sudane mentioned that LA needs some financial help and CN always does. i wouldn't attempt to change the theme or feeling, just improvements to help make the spaces more attractive and saleable
[2020/09/13 13:02] Brooke Brandenburg: That sounds like a good idea.
[2020/09/13 13:02] Almut Brunswick: @Mizou: We should treat this discussion as an extension of the initial LA Prot Area topic in the minutes
[2020/09/13 13:02] Sudane Erato: Yes... that should always be our focus
[2020/09/13 13:02] Delia Lake: I used the beach at Orbetello, Tuscany as a reference for the beach in LA
[2020/09/13 13:02] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): OK
[2020/09/13 13:03] Almut Brunswick: Ok, then I propose to present the first results in this respect on our next meeting
[2020/09/13 13:03] Almut Brunswick: and I would also like to change to the other tops now
[2020/09/13 13:03] Almut Brunswick: if you agree
[2020/09/13 13:03] Sudane Erato: good
[2020/09/13 13:04] Almut Brunswick: the discussion got a dynamic turn now which is a good thing
[2020/09/13 13:04] Almut Brunswick: I just want to keep the agenda and to field all other tops at least briefly[2020/09/13 13:05]
Almut Brunswick: B. Regions waterfalls: Status report about Monastery waterfalls (Delia) and report to the RA
[2020/09/13 13:05] Almut Brunswick: I remember from two weeks ago that Delia was still working there.
[2020/09/13 13:06] Almut Brunswick: Is this work officially completed now?
[2020/09/13 13:06] Delia Lake: The Monastery waterfalls are just about done. II have a little bit of adjusting of water levels and such still to catch.. but otherwise done. II used Swiss Alps waterfalls as a reference. https://www.google.com/search?q=Rosenla ... 56&bih=875
[2020/09/13 13:07] Sudane Erato: nice :)
[2020/09/13 13:07] Almut Brunswick: Beautiful...where can we place the power plant? :D
[2020/09/13 13:07] Delia Lake: so I changed the color and texture of the rocks accordingly. I used the Skye waters but not the Skye rocks as Monastery has to be very careful of prims and Skye rocks were too high prim
[2020/09/13 13:08] Sudane Erato: Yes... Skye rocks get very high LI :(
[2020/09/13 13:08] Delia Lake: Now that the waterfall has been upgraded I would really like to follow around the edge of the Monastery lake
[2020/09/13 13:08] Rosie Gray: they do :(
[2020/09/13 13:08] Delia Lake: and do a little upgrading there too
[2020/09/13 13:08] Brooke Brandenburg: The new waterfalls are such an improvement. Thanks for all the work!
[2020/09/13 13:09] Delia Lake: the rocks I used are very low prim
[2020/09/13 13:09] Sudane Erato: agree!...
[2020/09/13 13:09] Delia Lake: thanks, Brooke
[2020/09/13 13:09] Sudane Erato: and Delia, I like how you managed to preserve the mist
[2020/09/13 13:09] Delia Lake: thank you. the photos I saw all had high power misty waterfalls, so...
[2020/09/13 13:10] Almut Brunswick: Do you think the time is right now to inform the RA official on their next meeting that the work is done?
[2020/09/13 13:11] Delia Lake: do we need to post a request on the Forum to continue around the edge of the lake or should we consider it all part of the same project?
[2020/09/13 13:11] Rosie Gray: it is not the same project
[2020/09/13 13:11] Almut Brunswick: Good point
[2020/09/13 13:11] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): agrees
[2020/09/13 13:11] Delia Lake: ok. then we can tell the RA that the waterfall in Monastery is done
[2020/09/13 13:11] Rosie Gray: Almut's proposal about the pathway is closer to it
[2020/09/13 13:12] Almut Brunswick: By the way: On the last RA meeting, my proposal was not topic at all. So you didn't miss anything, Lyubov.
[2020/09/13 13:13] Lyubov Atheria: yes, sorry Almut, the RA could not yet vote on your Sluice Road, because the public posting period had not completed yet
[2020/09/13 13:14] Almut Brunswick: No problem at all
[2020/09/13 13:14] Lyubov Atheria: it will be on for next meeting and i am sure it will pass without challenges :)
[2020/09/13 13:14] Almut Brunswick: Ok, I propose to change to C. Friedsee Lake: Status update
[2020/09/13 13:14] Delia Lake: I'll write something about the lake shore
[2020/09/13 13:15] Almut Brunswick: There was this proposal to ask Laura regarding the swim animations
[2020/09/13 13:15] Rosie Gray: I would really like to see the wooden walkway replaced
[2020/09/13 13:15] Delia Lake: me again
[2020/09/13 13:15] Delia Lake: yes Rosie me too
[2020/09/13 13:15] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): hand up
[2020/09/13 13:15] Almut Brunswick: Mizou please
[2020/09/13 13:16] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): There were two subject for the lake: swim animations in FS lake and Lauras animations. I was to check swimmability of FS lake
[2020/09/13 13:16] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): I checked ‘The Swimmer 2.06’ from Siggy Romulus and the script in that package for prim swim is ‘PrimSwim Lite’ which she has added to two of the Friedsee lake water prims. The other script in the water ‘Prim water script’ is not compatible with Siggy Romulus swim script.
[2020/09/13 13:16] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): *she = Mizou
[2020/09/13 13:16] Sudane Erato: :)
[2020/09/13 13:17] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): done
[2020/09/13 13:17] Almut Brunswick: Which one is Laura's?
[2020/09/13 13:17] Lyubov Atheria: Laura did purchase the pool for Archie. testing it on her boat slip (next to Soro's in LA), i Really liked it
[2020/09/13 13:17] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): Laura's animation are in a different place
[2020/09/13 13:17] Almut Brunswick: and did you check them nonetheless?
[2020/09/13 13:17] Delia Lake: regarding Laura's swimming pool II haven't caught up with Laura to talk with her. the pool I found of hers in LA I tried but it would only have me float vertically not swim. if there is a way to swim there it didn't happen for me.
[2020/09/13 13:18] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): I havent checked that one
[2020/09/13 13:18] Brooke Brandenburg: Yes I found that too Delia
[2020/09/13 13:18] Brooke Brandenburg: not practical for a lake
[2020/09/13 13:18] Lyubov Atheria: laura's pool doesn't "swim" like moving around as if walking or flying...it's animations, which is Perfect, i think, for a pool area on or near a lake
[2020/09/13 13:18] Rosie Gray: so it won't work for prim lake water?
[2020/09/13 13:19] Brooke Brandenburg: if you want to actually swim, I don't see how?
[2020/09/13 13:19] Sudane Erato: If the Swimmer works, that would be wonderful!
[2020/09/13 13:19] Lyubov Atheria: it will physically work. it's just not a "let me randomly move about while swimming)
[2020/09/13 13:19] Brooke Brandenburg: I just use my own swim HUD, frankly.
[2020/09/13 13:19] Sudane Erato: Swimmer 2.06 allows you to actually swim
[2020/09/13 13:19] Almut Brunswick: just swimming in lanes
[2020/09/13 13:19] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): Siggy Romulus PrimLite script works if people have their own HUD
[2020/09/13 13:20] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): Primlite script can be added to prim water
[2020/09/13 13:20] Sudane Erato: ahh... and it is now?
[2020/09/13 13:20] Lyubov Atheria: you can think of laura's pool (which Archie now has) like using a dance animation
[2020/09/13 13:20] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): i have added it to try in 2 prims of FS lake
[2020/09/13 13:20] Sudane Erato: yes
[2020/09/13 13:20] Delia Lake: that is in the Friedsee lake now, the Siggy script
[2020/09/13 13:20] Sudane Erato: i must go try it then :)
[2020/09/13 13:21] Delia Lake: has been since the lake was made
[2020/09/13 13:21] Sudane Erato: Swimmer is an ancient app... but its really good
[2020/09/13 13:21] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): Delia the script that was in it was not a Siggy script
[2020/09/13 13:21] Rosie Gray: Laura saw it on sale and purchased it for Archie already... the pool set
[2020/09/13 13:21] Delia Lake: I checked most of the prims. I will check all of them again.
[2020/09/13 13:21] Almut Brunswick: So can we already agree on an animation and propose it to the RA?
[2020/09/13 13:22] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): two of the FS prims have now 2 scripts
[2020/09/13 13:22] Almut Brunswick: or shall we continue evaluating?
[2020/09/13 13:23] Lyubov Atheria: i think this is ready for the RA now, i think this is the best we can do for now
[2020/09/13 13:25] Almut Brunswick: Good, so Brooke can include it in her next RA report
[2020/09/13 13:25] Brooke Brandenburg: will do
[2020/09/13 13:25] Almut Brunswick: Thank you. Case closed, so to say.
[2020/09/13 13:25] Almut Brunswick: D. Missing roadway to a parcel close to the lake at Monastery:
[2020/09/13 13:26] Almut Brunswick: This is a VERY brief status update, since Almut is still (re)learning Blender
[2020/09/13 13:26] Almut Brunswick: 2.9 is out since last week
[2020/09/13 13:27] Almut Brunswick: and I'm glad that my CG Boost course has been amended with a new chapter about UV mapping and texturizing :D
[2020/09/13 13:27] Almut Brunswick: So I hope that I can present you something on our next meeting. At least a workshop sneak preview.
[2020/09/13 13:27] Almut Brunswick: Done.
[2020/09/13 13:28] Sudane Erato: Great :)
[2020/09/13 13:28] Almut Brunswick: E. Proposed changes on the LUC Law and Civil Service Act Law: Status of the Forum discussion
[2020/09/13 13:29] Almut Brunswick: I have seen your positive comments, but the discussion seems to be on a standstill now. Not sure how things will proceed now.
[2020/09/13 13:29] Almut Brunswick: I know the draft still needs some sanding and polishing
[2020/09/13 13:29] Lyubov Atheria: it's waiting on me to update the draft
[2020/09/13 13:30] Almut Brunswick: Ah ok
[2020/09/13 13:30] Delia Lake: /me raises her hand
[2020/09/13 13:30] Almut Brunswick: I think that I should also work on a draft for the related Public Works Act.
[2020/09/13 13:30] Almut Brunswick: Delia please
[2020/09/13 13:33] Delia Lake: I don't see the issue I raised a few weeks ago addressed in the draft. For example if we have a palm tree out on public land that is 25 li, and I have a better one that is only 2 li, I don't think we should have to post to the forum and wait 2 weeks to replace the high prim tree. It’s not a seasonal change but an important one. that makes no material visual change but a big burden change
[2020/09/13 13:34] Almut Brunswick: Delia, this is one thing I would like to see in the Act: the bordering of responsibilities
[2020/09/13 13:34] Delia Lake: yes
[2020/09/13 13:34] Lyubov Atheria: yes, good thoughts Delia and Almut. this is precisely the kind of thing i intend to address in an updated "public notification act"
[2020/09/13 13:35] Lyubov Atheria: please be sure to comment on any drafts on the forum so we don't forget to include :)
[2020/09/13 13:35] Rosie Gray: this is RA territory, but of course LUC can comment
[2020/09/13 13:36] Almut Brunswick: We are the RA's servant, not the decider. That is clear. Nonetheless we only should add our mustard to matters we are assigned to :D
[2020/09/13 13:36] Rosie Gray: and anyone can draft a law
[2020/09/13 13:36] Sudane Erato: sadly, i must go shortly :(
[2020/09/13 13:37] Sudane Erato: RL
[2020/09/13 13:37] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): Bye Sudane
[2020/09/13 13:37] Almut Brunswick: Ok, that means New Business A will be postponed to in three weeks
[2020/09/13 13:37] Delia Lake: bye Sudane
[2020/09/13 13:37] Almut Brunswick: Bye Sudane and thank you :D
[2020/09/13 13:37] Rosie Gray: bye Sudane
[2020/09/13 13:38] Sudane Erato: ty all!
[2020/09/13 13:38] Brooke Brandenburg: bye!
[2020/09/13 13:38] Almut Brunswick: So my act drafts are not written by Almut the LUC Chairwoman, but by Almut the citizen:D
[2020/09/13 13:39] Lyubov Atheria: "Just Almut" :D
[2020/09/13 13:39] Rosie Gray: :D
[2020/09/13 13:39] Almut Brunswick: Lyubov, that sounds somehow threatening :D
[2020/09/13 13:39] Lyubov Atheria: :)
[2020/09/13 13:39] Almut Brunswick: Ok, let's see how it evolves.
[2020/09/13 13:40] Almut Brunswick: F: Machinima Monastery: Project status (Tan)
[2020/09/13 13:41] Almut Brunswick: Well, I put it from Miscellaneous to Old Business because I was originally at the opinion that Tan had officially asked us - me - as the LUC to help him documenting the old Monastery
[2020/09/13 13:41] Almut Brunswick: Of course the Monastery is on his ground and he can do what he wants in this respect
[2020/09/13 13:42] Brooke Brandenburg: It's a good video.
[2020/09/13 13:42] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJNksK ... 7LzTsFL0ig
[2020/09/13 13:42] Almut Brunswick: It just became a matter of the LUC because of his request. It was agreed to document the old Monastery as a video
[2020/09/13 13:42] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): raises hand
[2020/09/13 13:42] Lyubov Atheria: yes the Monastery is a private project and the video is a private concern between citizens
[2020/09/13 13:42] Almut Brunswick: Unfortunately the communication between Tan and me went a bit - say - suboptimal.
[2020/09/13 13:43] Rosie Gray: :(
[2020/09/13 13:43] Brooke Brandenburg: It is done at least :)
[2020/09/13 13:43] Delia Lake: nice to have some historic but outdated buildings documented though as they are replaced
[2020/09/13 13:43] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): raises hand
[2020/09/13 13:43] Almut Brunswick: So the original plan to involve us in documenting the architectural history - even on a private parcel - didn't work.
[2020/09/13 13:44] Almut Brunswick: Mizou please
[2020/09/13 13:44] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): Ok my question is for the RA really and about publishing more video on Archies YouTube channel. do we need the approval of the RA?
[2020/09/13 13:45] Rosie Gray: no, that is the Chancellor's thing, Mizou
[2020/09/13 13:45] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): ah ok
[2020/09/13 13:45] Rosie Gray: and 'if' there was a PIO
[2020/09/13 13:46] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): I am asking because I have filmed the placing of the Rathaus and the party years ago, and wondering if it should be on Archies channel?
[2020/09/13 13:46] Rosie Gray: yes it should... think I already found it and 'liked' it
[2020/09/13 13:46] Lyubov Atheria: i do believe, correctly, that we have a social media act...it does already mention youtube as i recall, but i would like to take a closer look to be sure if we need some specific clarification
[2020/09/13 13:46] Rosie Gray: but if you could upload that would be great
[2020/09/13 13:46] Rosie Gray: it does, Lyubov
[2020/09/13 13:46] Rosie Gray: I looked at it recently
[2020/09/13 13:47] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): so ok to upload as long as the chancellor has agreed?
[2020/09/13 13:47] Rosie Gray: yep
[2020/09/13 13:47] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): thanks done
[2020/09/13 13:48] Lyubov Atheria: oh yes, each video instance Mizou, this would not be an RA approval each time, this is all under the Chancellor now :)
[2020/09/13 13:48] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): :)
[2020/09/13 13:48] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): Thanks Lyubov
[2020/09/13 13:48] Lyubov Atheria: :)
[2020/09/13 13:49] Almut Brunswick: I must say that I was not pleased to become aware that the video was already done. And I'm not happy that Tan is not attending this meeting again without any excuse. So from my point of view my offer to help him making any machinima is now ..dead like a dog.
[2020/09/13 13:50] Brooke Brandenburg: and we should not keep kicking a dead dog :)
[2020/09/13 13:50] Delia Lake: /me is opposed to killing dogs
[2020/09/13 13:50] Almut Brunswick: But I have a good memory, Brooke.
[2020/09/13 13:50] Brooke Brandenburg: well so am I Delia, of course :)
[2020/09/13 13:51] Lyubov Atheria: is it better to kick a dead horse?
[2020/09/13 13:51] Brooke Brandenburg: noooooooo
[2020/09/13 13:51] Rosie Gray: let's only kick Republicans
[2020/09/13 13:51] Almut Brunswick: Anyway, I nonetheless think that one of our LUC purposes should also be to document the architectural development
[2020/09/13 13:51] Rosie Gray: oh did I say that out loud?
[2020/09/13 13:51] Brooke Brandenburg: I'm with you on that Rosie
[2020/09/13 13:51] Lyubov Atheria: YES! i think we can all agree to that! :D
[2020/09/13 13:51] Brooke Brandenburg: and best of let's all kick Trump!!!
[2020/09/13 13:51] Almut Brunswick: Rosie, you are beyond the border, so easy to say for you:D
[2020/09/13 13:51] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): /me agrees wholeheartedly
[2020/09/13 13:51] Rosie Gray: hehe
[2020/09/13 13:51] Lyubov Atheria: maybe this should be part of the Covenant... :D
[2020/09/13 13:52] Brooke Brandenburg: why not?
[2020/09/13 13:52] Rosie Gray: kicking Trump?
[2020/09/13 13:52] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): agrees with Lyubov
[2020/09/13 13:52] Lyubov Atheria: oh yes, that too!
[2020/09/13 13:52] Brooke Brandenburg: I vote aye
[2020/09/13 13:52] Lyubov Atheria: aye!
[2020/09/13 13:52] Brooke Brandenburg: lol
[2020/09/13 13:52] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): aye
[2020/09/13 13:52] Brooke Brandenburg: does this motion carry?
[2020/09/13 13:52] Delia Lake: aye
[2020/09/13 13:52] Brooke Brandenburg: now it does!
[2020/09/13 13:52] Brooke Brandenburg: woot!
[2020/09/13 13:52] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): what was the motion? Trump or documenting
[2020/09/13 13:52] Brooke Brandenburg: kick Trump mostly
[2020/09/13 13:53] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): ah
[2020/09/13 13:53] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): lol
[2020/09/13 13:53] Lyubov Atheria: i can only vote to kick Trump, i cannot vote about documentation :)
[2020/09/13 13:53] Delia Lake: /me wants to see trump in an orange jumpsuit
[2020/09/13 13:53] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): lol
[2020/09/13 13:53] Brooke Brandenburg: to match his hair
[2020/09/13 13:54] Rosie Gray: me too, Delia
[2020/09/13 13:54] Lyubov Atheria: woudl he become invisible if the clothes match the skin?
[2020/09/13 13:54] Almut Brunswick: Ok, that was only meant as a comment. Glad that there is a video now, but the circumstances were poor.
[2020/09/13 13:54] Delia Lake: lool
[2020/09/13 13:54] Almut Brunswick: matching his hair dye?
[2020/09/13 13:54] Rosie Gray: sorry but I have to go, rl is calling
[2020/09/13 13:54] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): See you Rosie
[2020/09/13 13:55] Rosie Gray: bye everyone!
[2020/09/13 13:55] Rosie Gray: see you soon
[2020/09/13 13:55] Almut Brunswick: Ok, since New Business is postponed again *smiles*, let's take a quick look at Miscellaneous.
[2020/09/13 13:55] Brooke Brandenburg: bye
[2020/09/13 13:55] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): /me wants her typist to go to bed and read
[2020/09/13 13:55] Almut Brunswick: Bye Rosie
[2020/09/13 13:55] Delia Lake: I need to go too. we are about done, yes?
[2020/09/13 13:55] Almut Brunswick: Yes, Delia
[2020/09/13 13:55] Almut Brunswick: No miscellaneous, so as announced I will like to adjourn till October 4
[2020/09/13 13:55] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): aye
[2020/09/13 13:56] Almut Brunswick: due to my family feast
[2020/09/13 13:56] Brooke Brandenburg: aye
[2020/09/13 13:56] Mizou (mizou.vavoom): Bye everyone
[2020/09/13 13:56] Almut Brunswick: Thank you for today, I think we were quite productive
[2020/09/13 13:56] Lyubov Atheria: bye!
[2020/09/13 13:56] Brooke Brandenburg: byeee!
[2020/09/13 13:56] Almut Brunswick: Bye and see you around
[2020/09/13 13:56] Brooke Brandenburg: bye all
[2020/09/13 13:56] Almut Brunswick: 01:56 Adjourn
'Egidius, waer bestu bleven, mi lanct na di, gheselle mijn. Du coors die doot, du liets mi tleven. Dat was gheselscap, goet ende fijn.'
Gruuthuuse-handschrift -circa 1400
Post Reply

Return to “Land Use Commission-Announcements”