9 - 13, LUC Minutes

Announcements and transcripts of the Land Use Commission

Moderator: SC Moderators

Post Reply
User avatar
Mizou Vavoom
Veteran debater
Veteran debater
Posts: 257
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:03 am
Location: Ireland, Colonia Nova & Neufreistadt
Contact:

9 - 13, LUC Minutes

Post by Mizou Vavoom »

Land Use Commission
Sunday September 13, 2020, 12:00 am SLT


LUC members: Almut - Chairperson, Delia - Pro Tempore, Sudane, Brooke - RA Rep, Mizou - Secretary
Absent members: Em Warden - Citizens Rep
Guests: Rosie, Chancellor

1. Call to order at 12:20 PM

2. Discussion and approval of today's agenda: approved and voted by all

3. Discussion and approval of the recent meeting minutes (August 30, 2020)

Reference: https://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php ... ted by all


4. Old Business:

A. Suggestions for additions to LA port area:

1. Sudane discovered a good tool which is built into Firestorm, using a screenshot to do the prim study. She found 19 Li that Coolin Seaside should have on his parcel, but they are on public land.
2. Most of the buildings are pegged to public land, we have not reached the limit
3. Sudane suggest of having the prim survey study in a spreadsheet, also that some things need rebuilding, example some roadways. Where we can probably save some prims to gain potential plus reserves. If need be, we can turn a parcel into prim reservoir.
4. Sudane volunteers to continue working on this topic.


Extension Notes:
1. Performance of all CDS sims: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 343188955
2. Reminders from Rosie that buildings that need updating, can only be done when they are not in use.
3. Lyubov: the LUC can spend some time to decide what the most valuable area in CDS would be for the next area of focus. Sudane mentioned that LA needs some financial help and CN always does. I would not attempt to change the theme or feeling, just improvements to help make the spaces

B. Regions waterfalls: Status report about Monastery waterfalls (Delia) and report to the RA:
• The Monastery waterfalls are just about done. Delia has a little bit of adjusting of water levels and such still to do, but otherwise done. She used Swiss Alps waterfalls as a reference. https://www.google.com/search?q=Rosenl ... 56&bih=875
• Delia changed the color and texture of the rocks accordingly and used the Skye waters but not the Skye rocks as Monastery must be very careful of prims and Skye rocks were too high prim.
• To inform RA that Monastery waterfalls is done.

New project: the edge of the Monastery lake, to be proposed on the Forum for approval by RA.


C. Friedsee Lake: Status update (Laura's swimming animations) and preparing the final
report to the RA

• Rosie and Delia would like to see the wooden walkway replaced.
• Mizou: There were two subjects for the lake: swim animations in FS lake and Laura’s animations. I was to check swim ability of FS lake.
• Mizou checked ‘The Swimmer 2.06’ from Siggy Romulus and the script in that package for prim swim is ‘PrimSwim Lite’ which she has added to two of the Friedsee lake water prims. The other script in the water ‘Prim water script’ is not compatible with Siggy Romulus swim script.
• Lyubov: Laura purchased the pool for Archie, testing it on her boat slip (next to Soro's in LA), Laura’s pool doesn't "swim" like moving around as if walking or flying...it's animations, which is perfect, I think, for a pool area on or near a lake.
• Lyubov: This is now ready for the RA, Brooke to report.


D. Missing roadway to a parcel close to the lake at Monastery:
• Brief status update (Almut): She is to present something (sneak preview) at next meeting, she is still re-learning Blender 2.9

E. Proposed changes on the LUC Law and Civil Service Act Law: Status of the Forum discussion
• Lyubov: it’s waiting on her to update the draft.

F: Machinima Monastery: Project status (Tan):

• Posted on Archie’s channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJNksK ... zTsFL0ig
• Publishing on Archies YouTube channel needs approval from Chancellor or PIO if we had one.
• Mizou asks if she can upload the filming of the Rathaus placement, which is on her personal channel, onto Archies one, Rosie approved as per CDS Social Media Act and YouTube channel uploads.
• Proposal: LUC to document the architectural development of CDS.

5. New Business:

A. Road/path mesh project: Sudane had to go, postponed till next meeting.

6. Miscellaneous: Draft for the related Public Works Act:
• Delia: I do not see the issue I raised a few weeks ago addressed in the draft. For example if we have a palm tree out on public land that is 25 li, and I have a better one that is only 2 li, I don't think we should have to post to the forum and wait 2 weeks to replace the high prim tree. It is not a seasonal change but an important one. that makes no material visual change but a big burden change.
• Lyubov: this is precisely the kind of thing I intend to address in an updated "public notification act"


7. Next Meeting:

Sunday, October 4, 12 PM SLT

8. Meeting adjourned at 01:56
'Egidius, waer bestu bleven, mi lanct na di, gheselle mijn. Du coors die doot, du liets mi tleven. Dat was gheselscap, goet ende fijn.'
Gruuthuuse-handschrift -circa 1400
Post Reply

Return to “Land Use Commission-Announcements”