terrain textures

Moderator: SC Moderators

Sudane Erato
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

terrain textures

Post by Sudane Erato »

The committee asked me last meeting to experiment with a terrain texture strategy which would make all our sim borders seamless. This means reducing the textures we use to 4 (the same on each sim) and merging border settings.

I've done a trial of that... in place now... using textures which Rosie already had in place (4 of them at least). I think the textures need to experimenting with... I think they are too different. Also, the settings still need some tweaking. But the principle is in place... there are no border seams, and any prims that are placed there now only to cover seams can be removed (if you'd like).

The notes for all this are in the file that Rosie started in the LUC shared folder.

Sudane......................

*** Confirmed Grump ***
Profile: http://bit.ly/p9ASqg
Sudane Erato
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Re: terrain textures

Post by Sudane Erato »

Tweeked a few textures, and fixed a couple of my errors in the settings. I think its better now. But still needs some tweeking.

We'll have snow soon, of course. But I think that will mean just selecting 4 textures. No need to change the settings.

Sudane......................

*** Confirmed Grump ***
Profile: http://bit.ly/p9ASqg
Rosie Gray
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Re: terrain textures

Post by Rosie Gray »

You have done a great job of getting rid of the seams between the regions, Sudane.

I do find it odd to see all along the riverbanks and ocean in CN and LA no differentiation from land to water. Perhaps it's time to think about more beach prims, and some riverbank too.

"Courage, my friend, it's not too late to make the world a better place."
~ Tommy Douglas

Return to “Land Use Commission Discussions”