Next RA meeting?

Proposals for legislation and discussions of these

Moderator: SC Moderators

Cindy Ecksol
Master Word Wielder
Master Word Wielder

Next RA meeting?

Post by Cindy Ecksol »

I noticed in the transcript from the 6/28 meeting that there will be no meeting on 7/5. But I was just doing some calendar maintenance and realized that 7/12 is the Sunday during elections. I seem to recall that we do not usually have an RA meeting during elections -- is that correct? Should we perhaps stick with a 7/5 meeting and call it the last meeting of the term?

Cindy

Sonja Strom
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Re: Next RA meeting?

Post by Sonja Strom »

Good of you to bring up, Cindy. I could be there on the 5th.

Cindy Ecksol
Master Word Wielder
Master Word Wielder

Post by Cindy Ecksol »

I believe Gwyn, Pat and Pip all said at the meeting they could make it on either date. I can certainly do the 5th. Soro? Can we re-re-set back to the 5th? We seem to easily have a quorum, and if you and Brian can make it we might actually all be in the same place at the same time for one meeting. Gosh, no WONDER the US Senate has such a problem getting a cloture vote! We can't even get seven of us together for a legislative session, and they've got 100! :-)

Cindy

Brian Livingston
Veteran debater
Veteran debater

Post by Brian Livingston »

Unfortunately, I had a death in the family in late June. As such, I have been traveling for the services from last Friday through this coming Monday with only sparse internet access. I had mentioned this to the LRA when the instance arose, but I do request a 7 day vote if a session is held this weekend.

Regards,

Brian Livingston

Sonja Strom
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by Sonja Strom »

I am sorry about the death in your family, Brian.

Yes, Cindy, it is astounding how hard it is to combine the schedules of 7 avis to all be in a meeting at the same time. This has been a difficulty from the very beginning of the CDS. For one thing, I think we are often active in our RL communities as well.

For those who might not know, the next meeting of the RA has been scheduled for Sunday the 12th of July at 9:00 a.m. SLT.

Return to “Legislative Discussion”