Teleportation Improvement Bill NFS

Proposals for legislation and discussions of these

Moderator: SC Moderators

Lilith Ivory
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Teleportation Improvement Bill NFS

Post by Lilith Ivory »

The Commerce Commission has held two meetings. We have some great ideas and were working on projects that will help our merchants and service people and hopefully improve traffic in the CDS sims as a whole.

One consistent request from many people who participated was to please turn on direct teleporting in NFS. When this was done in Colonia Nova in 2007, a trial period was put into place to see how it worked, and the commission recommends that we test it in NFS too. Because we want to have a full three month teast, we've asked that this bill be added to the Agenda for the September 4, 2010 RA meeting. We will report back in December so the RA can decide if this should be permanent.

The Teleportation Improvement Bill

Preamble

1. Direct teleportation and landmarking of specific locations dedicated to business, commerce and entertainment are vital for the success of such enterprises.

2. Neufreistadt has never had direct teleportation. It is the only sim in the CDS that does not have this convenience for its citizens. Citizens are asking that direct teleportation be made available at least on a trial basis.

Provisions

3. During a trial period of three months, from September 15, 2010 to December 15, 2010 the Neufreistadt teleportation system shall be set up as follows:

a. All teleportations resulting from searches on the LL search or map systems shall lead to the Neufreistadt Marktplatz Central TP point;
b. Individuals visiting NFS shall be able to set direct landmarks to any specific location in the sim, and exact landmarks of specific locations shall be allowed to be created and distributed for business, commercial and entertainment purposes.

4. At the end of this trial period, a survey shall be taken of how NFS residents accommodated themselves to this change and a decision made whether the trial teleportation system shall be implemented on a permanent basis. The commerce commission will make a recommendation to the RA in December 2010 regarding the results.

"The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it."
Terry Pratchett
Rosie Gray
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Re: Teleportation Improvement Bill NFS

Post by Rosie Gray »

I'd just like to say that I think this would be a really good idea. As a merchant, it is a lot to expect someone to teleport to your shop in NFS and have them arrive at the hub and have to direct them to your shop. In real life, the analogy would be no place to park. You know what that means!

Nice work Lilith, I hope it passes.

"Courage, my friend, it's not too late to make the world a better place."
~ Tommy Douglas
Sonja Strom
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by Sonja Strom »

This bill passed in the Representative Assembly today, and now direct teleport is available in all of Neufreistadt! :)

It would be best if someone searches for Neufreistadt on the SL map and simply chooses "teleport," that they would still be directed to the Marktplatz like before. We are working on getting this so it functions in this way, but it is not easy. It might even not be possible with the current setup in Neufreistadt.

Sonja Strom
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by Sonja Strom »

In our work on this project, we found that the SL map's default teleport point would need to be moved from a parcel owned by Fern Leissa. Fern has very graciously donated her parcel to the CDS so we could complete this project!!! Thank you so much, Fern, for your kindness and generosity. :-D

Now open teleport is available throughout the sim, but if anyone opens the SL map and types in Neufreistadt, then chooses teleport, they will arrive at the exact location of the original telehub! :mrgreen:

Rosie Gray
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Rosie Gray »

This is great thanks so much!

"Courage, my friend, it's not too late to make the world a better place."
~ Tommy Douglas

Return to “Legislative Discussion”