Proposals for legislation and discussions of these

Moderator: SC Moderators

Bromo Ivory
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

BROMO IVORY Declares his intention to run for RA

Post by Bromo Ivory »

Hello everyone -

This is my announcement that I am seeking office as RA for CDS.

I believe that the CDS is poised for a great deal of growth if we can encourage new citizens, new SIMs - and new citizen participation. I feel led to help with this - and if the populace of CDS supports my bid, I will work tirelessly to grow CDS and help bring us to the next level!

-Bromo

==
"Nenia peno nek provo donos lakton de bovo."

Bromo Ivory
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Re: BROMO IVORY Declares his intention to run for RA

Post by Bromo Ivory »

I withdrew on the foums here, and sent a notecard to Soro and Delia stating my decision to not run.

I never received acknowledgement of my declaration, nor my withdrawal from them or anyone. I am hoping that, indeed, they did receive both. I asked to be re-instated around the time of the (currently unapproved?) amendments regarding the 16th RA - but didn't receive any feedback that it had been received and rejected or simply not received.

While this is a minor annoyance in a rather large crisis, it would have been nice to have had some sort of acknowledgement in this process.

==

Bromo Ivory
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Bromo Ivory »

Since I haven't heard anything from anyone - though I have asked in this forum - I will take it my entire declaration process has been ignored completely.

I am not sure what sort of government CDS has right now - it does not seem to me very democratic at the moment, which is a shame, really.

Perhaps it is a oligharchy of some kind?

==

Callipygian
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by Callipygian »

Bromo, I can't actually find a post where you stated you were withdrawing - I recall looking some days before you posted this because I thought you had talked of doing so, but so had Beathan in various ways, so I thought I may have confused the two of you. Going back through your posts since declaring though, I cant find it now - could you post the URL for it please?

People often say that, in a democracy, decisions are made by a majority of the people. Of course, that is not true. Decisions are made by a majority of those who make themselves heard and who vote -- a very different thing.

Walter H. Judd
Bromo Ivory
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Bromo Ivory »

I had posted here a note that I was withdrawing, but I removed it when I wanted to re-instate.

But since I didn't get an acknowledgement one way or another - it was unclear to me that I had even been registered in the first place.

Seems to me that as a citizen for the last 5 years, that it appears to me that the current government may feel that some citizens aren't entitled to the same rights as others. Which is a violation of the constitution, of course, but it does not seem to me that we feel we must adhere to it as vigorously as in the past.

==

Return to “Legislative Discussion”