Trebor Warcliffe Declares to Run for Chancellor

Proposals for legislation and discussions of these

Moderator: SC Moderators

Trebor Warcliffe
Master Word Wielder
Master Word Wielder

Trebor Warcliffe Declares to Run for Chancellor

Post by Trebor Warcliffe »

After all of my hard work on behalf of the CDS as a citizen I have decided to declare my candidacy for Chancellor. I look forward to continuing to be a key individual in the progress and success of the CDS. I am currently working on my campaign statement and platform and should have it posted in this forum within the next day or two.

Thank you,

Trebor Warcliffe

Let us move away from all of the "us" and "them" and turn our attention to "we."
Trebor Warcliffe
Master Word Wielder
Master Word Wielder

Re: Trebor Warcliffe Declares to Run for Chancellor

Trebor Warcliffe Leads by Example

I’m Trebor Warcliffe and I want to be your next Chancellor. I’ve been an energetic and enthusiastic citizen of the CDS going on 17 months now. I’ve taken the initiative on various projects to benefit the CDS, working out the details by myself or with the assistance of others, as well as seeing these projects through to completion. It is this same level of dedication that I will bring to the office of Chancellor.

In Second Life I have no outside interests other than working on things that benefit the CDS. I have no businesses to run, I am not a builder, a scripter, a sculptor or an artist. I don’t own sims or other estates and I don’t even have a private residence anywhere but here. Don’t construe that as a slight against any of my fellow citizens whom may choose to have interests outside of the CDS, I only mention it to reaffirm that my interests in Second Life are only for the CDS.

My loyalties do not lie with any individual, group, clique, or faction. In Second Life I have two loyalties; myself and the CDS. Just like a First World democracy the CDS has citizens of all ages, races, nationalities, religions and ideologies. We bring into Second Life these characteristics along with our personalities, behaviors, thoughts and opinions and sometimes we may not see eye-to-eye on particular issues. I’ve had disagreements with some of the most revered members of our community but I’ve always carried myself with the utmost of professionalism, treating whomever I’ve dealt with respectfully and not resorting to kindergarten shenanigans.

I feel due to the way I carry myself and treat others; I am in a rather unique situation in the CDS where I can not only approach any citizen of the CDS but I can also work productively with them for the betterment of the CDS. I will continue to conduct myself in this manner whether or not I am elected Chancellor. A leader must have this ability if he or she is to effectively lead a community. This term may very well be one of our busiest and active terms in the history of the CDS. We will need our citizens to be active and to participate. The Chancellor this next term will need a strong support team and whether I am that person or not I ask that all of us do what we can in order to make this next term productive and successful.

Below is a list of work I’ve performed on behalf of the CDS along with what I’d like to see accomplished in the CDS this term. My email is [email protected] and I am often in-world. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns that I may address for you. Above all else I ask that all of us participate in the elections this term. Last term we had 55 citizens eligible to vote and I was a little disappointed when only 28 of those citizens chose to participate. In a community our size every single vote is truly an important vote and even if you’re not able to be in-world as much as you like your vote still can make a difference. Thank you.

Trebor Warcliffe
Candidate for Chancellor of the CDS

Work I’ve done

1. Developed a CDS Owner/Citizen List

2. Worked on a proposal to introduce a new accounting system to the CDS to better reflect the true value of CDS assets

3. Developed and implemented a new tier structure that uses the same prim rate for single and double prim parcels and allows the CDS to be one of the most competitively priced communities in Second Life while still maintaining a sufficient infrastructure

4. Supported and assisted with the introduction and development of the Hippo system in the CDS with a concentration in working out the kinks of the system after implementation

5. As Commerce Coordinator, with the assistance of others, successfully held our traditional merchants in the platz along with a separate art exhibit held in Alpine Meadows during this year’s Oktoberfest

6. As Assistant Treasurer I receive from our EO the raw data on all CDS transactions and translate this data into readable, easy to understand financial statements. If elected Chancellor I will resign from this position but I will continue to provide this valuable and time consuming service to the CDS

7. Initiated and then worked with others on the sim expansion proposal presented to us through our EO Sudane Erato

8. Supported the proposal of remodeling parts of the CDS community while maintaining the historical significance of the sims

9. Introduced and assisted in the development of the proposal for smaller, more affordable insula housing in Locus Amoenus

10. Took steps to encourage active participation in the CDS amongst all its citizens by sending group notices when I posted important forum postings that required citizen input

What I’d like to see accomplished in the CDS this term

1. Encouragement of use of public buildings – Have a group of volunteers reach out to the various educators and not-for-profits to introduce them to the CDS and make available to them the use of our public facilities for their activities. Use can be granted by having one member become a citizen either through ownership of a CDS parcel or through our sponsorship program which allows citizenship for the low fee of L$ 250

2. Land Sales Office/Welcome Center - this would be similar to the info center in NFS but more up to date with Hippo vendors for land sales and appropriate CDS information. I feel the NFS Info Center should be left untouched and should retain all the contents in the building and the actual build itself due to its historical significance in the CDS and because I feel it’s such a cool place to explore just the way it is.

3. CDS Welcoming Committee – this committee would be staffed by the PIO and two or three volunteers. A Welcome to the CDS gift box with contents such as promotional materials about the CDS and official documents like covenants, CDS Constitution and our Code of Laws. Promotional materials may be an information book about the CDS or a CDS Business Directory. The committee will also be tasked with meeting new citizens insuring they understand the covenants of the CDS, the paying of tier, and to answer any questions or concerns the new citizen may have.

4. Advertising and Marketing – explore other alternatives for grid wide advertising possibly rotating options on a monthly basis instead of allotting most of our advertising budget on only one option. Also actively market the CDS on the SL Marketplace, Classifieds and Events Calendar.

5. Expansion – Unfortunately due to Linden Lab’s _______ (you fill in the blank) we were unable to acquire the four sims Sudane was so generously offering us. All hope is not lost though. We have an enthusiastic and active New Guild with a strong turnout of interested citizens at each meeting. We have amassed a very talented group of builders both from citizens who’ve been with us for years, citizens who’ve returned to us and citizens who’ve joined us within the past six months. In my opinion there are few events more exciting and more likely to bring people together than the planning, developing, and constructing of a new sim to an already wonderful community.

6. Remodeling – Continue with remodeling projects that take advantage of the technology available through Second Life while doing our best to maintain the historical significance of our sims.

7. Hippo – On August 28th 2011 the 15th Representative Assembly voted to implement the Hippo System as quick as possible. Currently Hippo is only active in Locus Amoenus. Our biggest obstacle to instituting it estate wide is that we need a small group of volunteers to take a picture of each parcel and a landmark from each parcel. Once these are gathered and organized we will be able to finish the implementation of Hippo estate wide. After that is completed other features of Hippo will also be brought in-world.

8. Communications – open up for discussion any additional ways the CDS can communicate important information to the citizenry and decide if it is an issue at all. Our current forms of communication are quite impressive for a community of our size. We have the web portal, the forums, the CDS group with the ability to send group notices, a CDS calendar of events, the CDS blog, citizens blogs along with in-world IM’s, talks and discussions.

9. Encouragement of private initiatives – explore the possibilities of participating in more Second Life grid wide events such as the Relay for Life, the Grand Tour, and other events.

Let us move away from all of the "us" and "them" and turn our attention to "we."
Trebor Warcliffe
Master Word Wielder
Master Word Wielder

Re: Trebor Warcliffe Declares to Run for Chancellor

In an earlier posting Cleo brings up a very good point.

As a voter, I wonder why I would be better off not knowing who a candidate might work with and choose to appoint after they are elected.
Transparency in this matter seems better to me.
Personally, I like the idea that I know Bells will be appointing Arria Vice Chancellor when elected.

However I feel a little clarification needs to be made. Bells is not "appointing" Arria to the position of Vice Chancellor, Bells has chosen to have Arria running on the ticket with her, which I do not see as a problem whatsoever. As we also know the Chancellor will be appointing more than just a "Vice Chancellor" so no in actualty there isn't a transparency in this matter, clearly decisions have not been made in regards to other positions or if they have been made than they are not known to us. Again, I do not have a problem whatsoever on that.

Some may be wondering, and I can take an educated guess that this is what Cleo was digging for in her statement, who I will be appointing to various government positions. My opinion is that the PIO is the second most important position in the government. A good PIO works hand-in-hand with the Channcellor along with thier normal PIO duties. I have spoken to 5 individuals about the PIO position if I am elected Chancellor. Three of these individuals are currently unavailable to be my PIO because they are running for office. I will not announce who these three individuals are because I don't want that information to pursuade a citizen not to vote for these individuals for the office they are running for because they may feel that individual would make a better PIO than the position they are seeking election for. Win or lose I look forward to working with each and every citizen and elected member of our community in making this term the most productive in the history of the CDS.

Return to “Legislative Discussion”