Proposed Repeal of Term Limits

Proposals for legislation and discussions of these

Moderator: SC Moderators

Patroklus Murakami
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Proposed Repeal of Term Limits

Post by Patroklus Murakami »

The last RA meeting voted on a proposal to repeal CDSL 13-07 Term Limits Act. The transcript is here.

The vote stands at 2 in favour of repeal (Patroklus, Shep) and one opposed (Beathan). Anna and Rosie both have 7 days in which to cast their vote. The proposal to repeal needs one more vote in favour to pass. The deadline for candidates to declare for the elections is 2 May.

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Patroklus Murakami
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Re: Proposed Repeal of Term Limits

The SC has decided to invalidate the 28 April RA meeting. I propose that the RA revote on this proposal at its next meeting on 12 May. If anyone has further comments on this proposal I suggest that you post them here. I propose that the RA spends very little time at its meeting debating an issue it has already considered.

Patroklus Murakami
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

The RA voted (again) to repeal CDSL 13-07 Term Limits Act at its meeting on 12 May 2012. Full transcript here
Ayes - Patroklus, Rosie, Shep.
Nays - Anna.
Beathan has a 7-day vote but the proposal passes.

Beathan
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Beathan »

I've been all over the place on this issue. I would like term limits to remain in place if we can get a full slate of candidates with that restriction. We do have a full slate of candidates, even with term limits, although barely -- and as Pat pointed out in another post, campaigning has been light.

Having voted for term limits (when we removed them at the beginning of the term) and against them (in the session the SC invalidate), I have only one course left to me that I haven't yet tried.

I abstain. ;)

Beathan

Let's keep things simple enough to be fair, substantive enough to be effective, and insightful enough to be good.

Return to “Legislative Discussion”