Failure to NEGOTIATE

Proposals for legislation and discussions of these

Moderator: SC Moderators

Ranma Tardis

Failure to NEGOTIATE

Post by Ranma Tardis »

Shep will not come to the table to discuss anything. Since my presence at the next RA meeting will allow her to pass her narrow minded even more restrictive covadents, I will not attend the meeting to prevent quarum. It is not blackmail but the only way to prevent restrictive new laws. I will not change my mind. This is politics American style.... 8)

"The mass of men serve the state thus, not as men mainly, but as machines, with their bodies. They are the standing army, and the militia, jailers, constables, posse comitatus, etc. In most cases there is no free exercise whatever of the judgment or of the moral sense; but they put themselves on a level with wood and earth and stones; and wooden men can perhaps be manufactured that will serve the purpose as well. Such command no more respect than men of straw or a lump of dirt. They have the same sort of worth only as horses and dogs. Yet such as these even are commonly esteemed good citizens. Others- as most legislators, politicians, lawyers, ministers, and office-holders- serve the state chiefly with their heads; and, as they rarely make any moral distinctions, they are as likely to serve the devil, without intending it, as God. A very few- as heroes, patriots, martyrs, reformers in the great sense, and men- serve the state with their consciences also, and so necessarily resist it for the most part; and they are commonly treated as enemies by it." Civil Disobedience, Henry David Thoreau, 1849.

Shep
Sadly departed
Sadly departed

Re: Failure to NEGOTIATE

Post by Shep »

Edited

I am not a sheep ... I am the Shepherdess .. An it harm none .. so mote it be ..
Ranma Tardis

Re: Failure to NEGOTIATE

Post by Ranma Tardis »

Please let me know your thoughts. Then again maybe this American politician views are "too American". OMG! The American is acting like an American!

Return to “Legislative Discussion”