ra agenda items for Saturday meeting LRA

Proposals for legislation and discussions of these

Moderator: SC Moderators

cleopatraxigalia
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

ra agenda items for Saturday meeting LRA

Post by cleopatraxigalia »

Request that we prioritize our Saturday agenda. First to get the laws updated . Ceasar and delia and I wrote an rfp at the RAs. request to get the laws updated. It has now been four months and thw RA squelched any look for other workers when Rose Springvale volunteered. This matter is crucial .. I'd like this item put first on the agenda so that this process begins quickly and we get more than one person doing this work. Rose is welcome to help also but lets get other people on board and approve the RFP delia and ceasar so kindly wrote.

Second. I brought up last meeting about a referendum for the new sim. I would like to get as much formal citizen input as possible. Let's use the referendum tool we have at election time. We have to so this quick.

Cleo
Cadence Theas
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Re: ra agenda items for Saturday meeting LRA

Post by Cadence Theas »

cleopatraxigalia wrote:

Second. I brought up last meeting about a referendum for the new sim. I would like to get as much formal citizen input as possible. Let's use the referendum tool we have at election time. We have to so this quick.

Cleo, rather than rushing a referendum for the new sim without the proper discussion or preparation beforehand, why not propose a change to the referendum process where instead of only allowing referendums at election time, a majority or unanimous RA and chancellor call for a referendum would allow it to be held at any time? There are already enough issues to wade through in this election season. And a new sim should be an issue all by itself so it can receive the care and attention that it warrants without distractions.

cleopatraxigalia
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Cadence, great point.

We can do both ! But changing the whole process cannot be done in a day. Putting an item on the next election CAN!

I would like to get a vote out to the whole population about whether to move forward with a new sim ! Maybe some questions about theme too ! Why on earth not ask them ???? Seems totally contrary to anything you have ever said to me:) You yourself has mentioned a "silent majority " in CDS. Gving people as many ways as possible to express themselves is what you seem to stand for ? So confusing that you would try to stop this ! I say let the people answer the question loud and clear about whether they want a new sim.. All of the voters.. not the vocal few.

I keep hearing about the supposed consensus.. then lets get it in writing ! Ask every voter.... !

it's easy .. on the thread lets put the way the Referendum Question should be asked.. Anyone who has an idea post it or tell me in world and ill post it for you, but its better to be put here !

Do you think you CDS should build a new sim ?

Do you think the next sim should be an NFS extension?

Do you want to be involved in helping and planning a new sim?

Do you think there should be a design contest to decide the plans for the new sim ?

Do you want to have a theme other than nfs extension ?

I personally want to have every citizen as involved as possible in every decision we make. This is the tool we have now. .. We can put a referendum question on the voter ballot ...................I think people can read :0 lets use it ! And yes, lets talk about more ways to get people to give input.

Last edited by cleopatraxigalia on Wed May 07, 2014 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cleo
Callipygian
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by Callipygian »

cleopatraxigalia wrote:

Request that we prioritize our Saturday agenda. First to get the laws updated . Ceasar and delia and I wrote an rfp at the RAs. request to get the laws updated. It has now been four months and thw RA squelched any look for other workers when Rose Springvale volunteered. This matter is crucial .. I'd like this item put first on the agenda so that this process begins quickly and we get more than one person doing this work. Rose is welcome to help also but lets get other people on board and approve the RFP delia and ceasar so kindly wrote.

RA did not 'squelch' anything, but it did pass a motion:

5. RE: BY-LAW REVIEW: It was noted that Cleo had been charged with inquiring
into likely costs of having previous archive work done professionally. Rose
Springvale has kindly offered to do the job as a volunteer.

6. MOTION that we stop efforts to find an editor for our laws and accept Rose
Springvale as the Bylaw Editor. Tor 1st, Shep 2nd, all in favour, motion carried.

This, iirc, removed the need for a full RFP and meant only a scope of work is relevant.

Rose posted here: http://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php? ... 073#p22073

including:

" I have located and copied 90...yes NINETY... un archived transcripts from the forums (all over the place. When I finish, I'll make some recommendations regarding that.) I am in the process of cross checking each transcript with the posted laws and copying the ones that were never posted in the proper archives. As I do this, I will create short summaries of the actions. I can't do "minutes" because that must be done by someone at the meeting, but I can summarize with bullet points. ... "

At that time Rose was requesting access to the Portal to upload these documents when ready.

Getting other people involved without establishing the current status is not likely to be productive; so while having Gwyn confirm things with Rose makes sense, issuing an RFP does not.

Calli

People often say that, in a democracy, decisions are made by a majority of the people. Of course, that is not true. Decisions are made by a majority of those who make themselves heard and who vote -- a very different thing.

Walter H. Judd
Patroklus Murakami
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Patroklus Murakami »

I would like to respectfully request the publication of the transcript and summary from yesterday's RA meeting so citizens can see what decisions the RA is taking four days before the polls are due to open.

I note that you seem to be planning to meet on Saturday (while polls are open?) which seems a bit odd. Unless you have decided to change the dates of the forthcoming elections? Either way it would be helpful if we could see what was discussed.

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Callipygian
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by Callipygian »

Patroklus Murakami wrote:

I would like to respectfully request the publication of the transcript and summary from yesterday's RA meeting so citizens can see what decisions the RA is taking four days before the polls are due to open.

I note that you seem to be planning to meet on Saturday (while polls are open?) which seems a bit odd. Unless you have decided to change the dates of the forthcoming elections? Either way it would be helpful if we could see what was discussed.

Pat, I suspect the delay in posting is due to a permissions error from Gwyn's admin updates to the Forums. Rosie's permission to post to Announcements had been removed, but has now been replaced, so I expect the transcript will appear soon.

Calli

People often say that, in a democracy, decisions are made by a majority of the people. Of course, that is not true. Decisions are made by a majority of those who make themselves heard and who vote -- a very different thing.

Walter H. Judd
cleopatraxigalia
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Wassamadda? Huh, Pat?

Cleo
Trebor Warcliffe
Master Word Wielder
Master Word Wielder

Post by Trebor Warcliffe »

cleopatraxigalia wrote:

Cadence, great point.

We can do both ! But changing the whole process cannot be done in a day. Putting an item on the next election CAN!

I would like to get a vote out to the whole population about whether to move forward with a new sim ! Maybe some questions about theme too ! Why on earth not ask them ???? Seems totally contrary to anything you have ever said to me:) You yourself has mentioned a "silent majority " in CDS. Gving people as many ways as possible to express themselves is what you seem to stand for ? So confusing that you would try to stop this ! I say let the people answer the question loud and clear about whether they want a new sim.. All of the voters.. not the vocal few.

I keep hearing about the supposed consensus.. then lets get it in writing ! Ask every voter.... !

it's easy .. on the thread lets put the way the Referendum Question should be asked.. Anyone who has an idea post it or tell me in world and ill post it for you, but its better to be put here !

Do you think you CDS should build a new sim ?
Do you think the next sim should be an NFS extension?
Do you want to be involved in helping and planning a new sim?
Do you think there should be a design contest to decide the plans for the new sim ?
Do you want to have a theme other than nfs extension ?

I personally want to have every citizen as involved as possible in every decision we make. This is the tool we have now. .. We can put a referendum question on the voter ballot ...................I think people can read :0 lets use it ! And yes, lets talk about more ways to get people to give input.

I have NOT researched the particulars of what happens when a referendum is placed on the ballot in reference to actions taken based on the results of the referendum. I do think placing a referendum on this upcoming election to seek citizen input on whether or not we should build a new sim as well as other questions pertaining to a new sim is a good idea. Our elections are one of the few times where a high number of citizens are "participating" so what better way to gauge the pulse of the citizenry? If legally we can't call it a referendum than call it an opinion survey. The point is let's get some input.

Trebor Warcliffe

Let us move away from all of the "us" and "them" and turn our attention to "we."
Patroklus Murakami
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Patroklus Murakami »

Could we have an agenda for this meeting posted on the forums please? Currently citizens have to rely on finding a transcript and summary of the previous meeting even to find out when it's taking place. It would be good to know in advance what the agenda is so people can come prepared to debate particular items.

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Shep
Sadly departed
Sadly departed

Post by Shep »

The forum was down for ages .. but every citizen got the agenda as I sent it out on a notecard ... but now its also on the forum .. now that it's back up and I became available.. :)

I am not a sheep ... I am the Shepherdess .. An it harm none .. so mote it be ..

Return to “Legislative Discussion”