Rebuilding the Amphitheater

Forum to discuss and coordinate the expansion of the CDS and the redevelopment of existing territories.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Tor Karlsvalt
Chancellor
Chancellor

Rebuilding the Amphitheater

Post by Tor Karlsvalt »

I am requesting that Rosie Gray, the Guildmaster, have the Guild take on the project of rebuilding the the Amphitheater in Colonia Nova. I believe this project should consider the following.

• The plan plan should provide a comparable replacement of the current amphitheater.
    It should use fewer prims and use current building techniques.
    Use the sea as a backdrop.
    Consider use of a natural bowl sloping toward he sea.
    The build should provide an inviting area conducive to open air musical events and discussions.
    Consider lowering the NE corner of Colonia Nova to the sea.
    Include a rebuild of the aqueduct if that would make a good backdrop to the theater.

I note that I have tried to contact Brian Livingston, the creator of the Amphitheater. I have never received a reply from him. If anyone can reach him, please have him contact me regarding having him put a copy of his Amphitheater in the archive.

It is my hope we can create a beautiful venue for events that is useful and more versatile than the current structure.

Citizen
Rosie Gray
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Re: Rebuilding the Amphitheater

Post by Rosie Gray »

Thank you Chancellor Tor :)

The guild will convene at our earliest convenience to discuss the project. I feel this will revitalize that corner of CN and make it an a more attractive area for events, as well as for the nearby residents.

"Courage, my friend, it's not too late to make the world a better place."
~ Tommy Douglas
alexia
Casual contributor
Casual contributor

Post by alexia »

Ofcourse i offer FOR FREE to the Cds one of my many amphitheaters or arenas (four models available).

Rosie Gray
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Rosie Gray »

alexia wrote:

Ofcourse i offer FOR FREE to the Cds one of my many amphitheaters or arenas (four models available).

We would need it full permissions Alexia (to CDS Archive avie), and would likely have to adapt it to the area. But would love to see if any of them would work that way. :)

"Courage, my friend, it's not too late to make the world a better place."
~ Tommy Douglas
alexia
Casual contributor
Casual contributor

Post by alexia »

No problem with the full perm version - we arrange a meeting in some sandbox to have a look

Return to “Sim and City Planning”