Time to Halt Work on Locus Amoenus

Forum to discuss and coordinate the expansion of the CDS and the redevelopment of existing territories.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Bromo Ivory
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Re: Time to Halt Work on Locus Amoenus

Post by Bromo Ivory »

Patroklus Murakami wrote:

Bromo

No one is talking about 'evicting' people... except you. I'll set out how I would complete the LA rebuild when I publish my manifesto. Until then, paranoid musings about what candidates 'might' do are just ways of spreading fear, uncertainty and doubt.

By eviction, I really am talking about moving parcel lines, and making people move to a new one. Evicting them form their home and giving them a new. equivalent plot. And yes, I am worried about it quite publically. But in this case, any reassurances that this will not happen will assuage this "paranoia" as you call it.

Because you never said you wouldn't, you just called me that name.

And it is fair statement you have not issued a "manifesto" (the term brings me back to 2007 when every faction issued a document of that. Ah those were the days! :-D).

When can we expect it?

But also, frankly, when you make a forum public call to stop work on it, did you expect anything but a "WTF?" from a few? Of course not, you aren't that stupid.

==
"Nenia peno nek provo donos lakton de bovo."

Bromo Ivory
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Bromo Ivory »

Callipygian wrote:
Bromo Ivory wrote:

Bromo, you seem to swing from sincerely wanting to see the general tone of things here improve, over to throwing gasoline onto the fire.

[...]

No knives involved, just a request for information that doesn't involve trashing someone in the process - assuming of course that the desire IS for information.

Calli

Actually the match and gasoline wasn't mine. I think Pat acted as the one guy who goes into the bar, and starts a fight and sneaks out the side door.

This "call" of his is a campaign stunt, actually. Don't be fooled.

==

Bromo Ivory
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Bromo Ivory »

Patroklus Murakami wrote:

Bromo

No one is talking about 'evicting' people... except you. I'll set out how I would complete the LA rebuild when I publish my manifesto. Until then, paranoid musings about what candidates 'might' do are just ways of spreading fear, uncertainty and doubt.

Ok, it's been about a week. Clearly you are still working away at forming your political vision.

As you continue to form your political vision, can you at least assure me and other citizens that you will have no plans on undoing the work and plan for LA? That you won't be moving parcels around, and forcing the residents to move as a result?

You called me the name of "paranoid" to dismiss what I feel are legitimate fears. But you didn't state one way or another what your plans are for LA other than stopping work on it, that I think is easy to presume that it means you have some significant changes beyond a few small tweaks in mind. So ... any comments?

And that must be some manifesto if it has taken over a week to write. :wink:

==

Return to “Sim and City Planning”