CDS Outpost in InWorldz

Forum to discuss and coordinate the expansion of the CDS and the redevelopment of existing territories.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Moonrise Azalee
Veteran debater
Veteran debater

CDS Outpost in InWorldz

Post by Moonrise Azalee »

Moving this from the other thread:

Bromo Ivory wrote:

I actually think a CDS branch in IW would be a fantastic idea! I suspect it would be somewhat low key, too. :-)

And 40,000 prims! :shock:

"Private Isles are full regions, not connected to the mainland, Sah'ra. Private Isles have far more functionality and management capabilities than a mainland region. Private Isles have no rating restrictions, allow estate managers, full flexibility of the estate tools. Private Isles come with a range of prims from 35,000 to 45,000, with the smallest allowable prim being .001 x .001 x .001 to the largest allowable of 128 x 128 x 128----
Currently, for beta pricing, all Private Isles are priced at $75/month, (currently no setup fee attached) Mainland pricing is at $60/month (with no set up fee.) All Beta residents who purchase land now, will have grandfathered pricing for one year after we come out of beta."

Rent prices do not go like they do in SL. So its not a place to make money. And becuase rent is so cheap everywhere and you have more people buying sims there - you would basically be making a CSD outpost that you would fund on your own or have some members (many of us are already avatars in IW) chip in and get a rental parcel just for the sake of CDS membership in IW.

“There is no God and we are his prophets.”
― Cormac McCarthy, The Road
Gwyneth Llewelyn
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Re: CDS Outpost in InWorldz

Post by Gwyneth Llewelyn »

As said elsewhere, I like the challenge myself — what changes we would need to do on our Constitution and Code of Laws to be able to manage a region in InWorldz as well? Extending democracy across grids in the Metaverse? I love it! :)

But I wasn't aware that the rental business in InWorldz was simply not profitable or interesting. So, I agree, this would be mostly an 'outpost'. A region mostly with public land, I guess, to show off what we do. And that would cost us $60-75/month. That's not much, but I wonder then what actual benefit we would get from having an 'outpost' in InWorldz, if InWorldz residents have moved to InWorldz exactly to avoid paying LL anything... they would hardly get excited about the idea of 'going back' to SL just because the CDS has some cool-looking buildings there.

I don't know. As far as I can say, I'm not against the idea, so long as we are realistic about the expectations. If we cannot make any money and there is no point in using it as a promotion for the CDS, what else could we do in InWorldz to justify the monthly costs?

"I'm not building a game. I'm building a new country."
  -- Philip "Linden" Rosedale, interview to Wired, 2004-05-08

PGP Fingerprint: CE8A 6006 B611 850F 1275 72BA D93E AA3D C4B3 E1CB

Moonrise Azalee
Veteran debater
Veteran debater

Re: CDS Outpost in InWorldz

Post by Moonrise Azalee »

I would like to share the post I wrote about why I chose IW as my virtual home, to give an idea of what is possible there now. The whole blog I co-write with creator Leanna Caerndow , and the blog shows different merchants, sims etc. However this is the link directly to the related post:

http://livinginworldz.com/2014/07/30/in ... -home-why/

*edited*
Gwyn, I have two sims that I rent out. They almost pay for themselves, but i have MUCH of the land as personal use.
It can be rented, and as a CDS member I would rent a parcel for sure. The currency is cheaper there, but items still low priced. Communities, art, many different things in IW. It's not just an opensim.
I just mean we cant move there as a hope to make money. However merchants? lots of room to open shop and land for shops is cheap. Im sure we could rent out our sim to people, just keep in mind that currency is cheaper, prims are higher.
Its a better experience in many ways.
In addition to the two residential mainland sims ive owned for two years, I have shops in two other sims. And I RP and live part time in other sims as well.
Take a look through the blog and see the various places, builds etc. its come a long way.

“There is no God and we are his prophets.”
― Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Return to “Sim and City Planning”