Request to LUC for LA infrastructure upgrades

Forum to discuss and coordinate the expansion of the CDS and the redevelopment of existing territories.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Patroklus Murakami
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Request to LUC for LA infrastructure upgrades

Post by Patroklus Murakami »

In line with the law establishing the LUC, I would like to request some help with infrastructure upgrades in Locus Amoenus. I will post this request on the CDS forums later.

The relevant section of the law is:

"Upon a request from the RA or the Chancellor, the Land Use Commission shall call for bids for either the planning and/or the construction of Public works, either new, or for maintenance, to be awarded on a competitive basis. “

I would like your help with the following projects:

• 1. LA Quayside Refresh
    This is a relatively small infrastructure upgrade project. It involves refreshing the textures, prims and infrastructure around the LA Quayside. The aim will be to have a consistent, coherent look which fits the covenant and provides a focal point for the region. There should be space for CDS signs and information (like the landing points in Neufreistadt and Colonia Nova) and inviting, informal seating which encourage people to hang out socially.

The project covers the texturing (some people have said the textures currently in use do not fit well together - some are ‘warm’ some are ‘cold’), infrastructure and general beautification. It does not include making any changes to the bridge, the fishing village builds, the houseboat plots or the shops along the front of the quayside.

2. Removal of the Colonnades
    Take away the colonnades, reset the fishing village builds to the new ground level. Create some interesting public spaces for people to hang out. Maybe dress the area with some actual fishing boats and paraphernalia.

This project will involve disturbing one resident in that his building will need to be relocated to the ground level. Please work with him to reduce any disruption to a minimum.

This project will also involve creating a build (or builds) to suit lot F.13 which is currently locked. This lot does not currently have any prefab builds which suit the plot and the removal of the colonnades will mean this is a challenging plot to build on due to the change in elevation. (Lilith Ivory has expressed an interest in developing a suitable build so please involve her in this aspect of the work).

3. Commission new alternative prefabs for the Fishing Village plots
    We have prefabs (including alternates) for most of the parcels in the Fishing Village. Please commission some more so that we have at least three options for each plot so new residents can make their own choice of which prefab to use.

I have not included plans for the Umbilicus Mundus in this commission. There is no clear consensus yet on the way forward with this important part of LAs history and I think we need to get some of these other things right first before we decide on its future.

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Bagheera
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Re: Request to LUC for LA infrastructure upgrades

Post by Bagheera »

Patroklus Murakami wrote:

2. Removal of the Colonnades
Take away the colonnades, reset the fishing village builds to the new ground level. Create some interesting public spaces for people to hang out. Maybe dress the area with some actual fishing boats and paraphernalia.

This project will involve disturbing one resident in that his building will need to be relocated to the ground level. Please work with him to reduce any disruption to a minimum.

This project will also involve creating a build (or builds) to suit lot F.13 which is currently locked. This lot does not currently have any prefab builds which suit the plot and the removal of the colonnades will mean this is a challenging plot to build on due to the change in elevation. (Lilith Ivory has expressed an interest in developing a suitable build so please involve her in this aspect of the work).

Pat, if you remember, the RA reviewed and approved by unanimous vote the plan I submitted with the two-tier walkway and elevations included - they even visited a full size mockup showing what it would look like. Do you have a similar vote in hand to reverse this? or are you pushing your own personal aesthetic on CDS? Have you defined a plan of what the change would look like, or are these alterations on the fly? When I created my original plan, I had a reason for everything based on what I had heard numerous citizens saying they wanted to see.

(Someone else earlier had wondered about square harbors - and in actuality, there are a number of walled harbors with linear lines throughout the Italian coastline, so yes, the current design is plausible based on my research)

Regarding F.13...there is a build in Archie's inventory for the F.13 plot. You even reviewed it's duplicate and you approved the overall majority of it when my alt - EduCat3D(*) - owned the parcel. You did identify some very minor building corrections, but you approved the overall build. (**)

(*) The use of an alt was because 1) I was really wanting to stay completely out of CDS politics and 2) EduCat3D was/is a completely disclosed alt, having been the avatar I used to record RA meetings for over a year, so no one could claim I was trying to disguise myself. As I had no other avatar, including Bagheera Kristan, owning anything in CDS, I do not believe I was in violation of any law, neither in deed nor in spirit.

(**) I confess, I was mostly annoyed with your saying the balcony had to be adjusted to accommodate the overlap from the building the next parcel over, when it was the next parcel over's building that crosses its own lot lines....a flaw I had pointed out when that building had first been submitted to CDS and which I was able to fix using a script that precisely modifies mesh build sizing and also put the corrected build for THAT in Archie's inventory.

Attachments
Locus Amoenus waterfront - almost all parcels occupied, including F.13 - Jan 7, 2015
Locus Amoenus waterfront - almost all parcels occupied, including F.13 - Jan 7, 2015
Usually I Dislike a Cloud Sky
Tonight I Realize That a Cloud Sky
Makes Me Appreciate the Light of the Moon
- impromptu poem composed by Gen'i
as depicted in Yoshitoshi's 100 Aspects of the Moon

Return to “Sim and City Planning”