Proposal: "Old Sluice" Roadway to a Remote Parcel at the Monastery Lake

Forum to discuss and coordinate the expansion of the CDS and the redevelopment of existing territories.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Almut Brunswick
LRA
LRA

Proposal: "Old Sluice" Roadway to a Remote Parcel at the Monastery Lake

Post by Almut Brunswick »

In the threat about the reformation of the LUC Act, our CDS Gardener Em Warden pointed us on a remote parcel which is missing a connection to the main road:

Em Warden wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:37 am

I would like to suggest a new road or path. There is a parcel in Monastery, on the shore of the small lake, with no road leading to it. It has been that way for years. It is necessary to trespass on other people's parcels, or take a dive down the steep slopes from the road high above to access it. I thought "someone" would eventually fix it, but now I have given up hope. (There is no official road to the lake itself either. You have to criss-cross around as best you can to get there :) Maybe an elevator, down from and up to the Monastery road, or a cableway, would be a nice solution...)

After site surveys with the Chancellor and the LUC in late July, the LUC herewith officially proposes to create a roadway that is inspired by the remainders of an old channel sluice. In doing so, it is intended to provide this roadway compatible with the feel of the main road on the South side of LA.

We recognized that there is already a wall on the other side of the narrow channel which would be a perfect corresponding counterpart to the proposed construct. Since this sluice is imagined as being longly out of use, there is already a shore with plants etc. Technically spoken: The terrain could remain unchanged and the maximum effort in respect on adaption would be to move or to change some plants.

After analyzing the terrain, the idea to create a connection down from the Monastery Road has been abandoned, because such a realization would require much more efforts. Furthermore, such a path would be much longer than the now proposed solution.

The proposed building consists of three major components:

• A paved roadway starting from the bow bridge in parallel to the narrow channel and the garden wall of the adjacent parcel

• A roundish sluice head, formerly used to bear one the the sluice gates and to serve as a post for the sluice keeper

• A stair-like path in roughly 90-110° angle to the paved roadway starting from the sluice head towards the remote parcel

This link to a prim mockup picture shall give a visual impression of the construction volume:
http://almut-brunswick.de/Bilder/LA_Mon ... Mockup.jpg

Sudane remarked as a pleasant side effect of this solution that it would hide possible region border texture mismatches.

The LUC voted that in case of the RA approval, the building shall be created as custom mesh including all textures by Almut. The LI of the complete building shall not exceed 12.

Brooke Brandenburg
Casual contributor
Casual contributor

Re: Proposal: "Old Sluice" Roadway to a Remote Parcel at the Monastery Lake

Post by Brooke Brandenburg »

I have seen the mockup of Almut's proposed roadway and I feel it is a good solution to this issue.

Lyubov
Veteran debater
Veteran debater

Re: Proposal: "Old Sluice" Roadway to a Remote Parcel at the Monastery Lake

Post by Lyubov »

Thank you Almut, this looks like a good solution.

Return to “Sim and City Planning”