Ideas for Locus Amoenus

Forum to discuss and coordinate the expansion of the CDS and the redevelopment of existing territories.

Moderator: SC Moderators

FernLeissa
Passionate Protagonist
Passionate Protagonist

Re: Ideas for Locus Amoenus

Post by FernLeissa »

Alexia Carnell has made the following proposals about planning for the rebuild/redesign of the Locus Amoenus sim.

Fern Leissa

The RA stated that Locus Amoenus is the 1st PRIORITYin NG activities, so the NG agenda should be focused on this subject.

Hereunder follow my proposals for LA
=====================
1) a PLAN contest for the development of the sim.

The contest should define the sim general look and the activities we plan to enhance.
I remind, generally speaking, the need of low cost residential units, commercial development and leisure activities as a general goal, butwe are open to other proposals . And we don't need to rebuild LA from scratchwe need just to retouch it (more water namely)

Each participant should:
a) build up a general plan layout, using and modifying the attached scale model
b) attach a project description NC

NG has to define:
- criteria of participation (open to all builders,or just to Cds..i suggest the widest participation).
- how to promote the contest)
- a jury (criteria and names)
- if citizens have to vote too
- a prize for the winner (s) (is there an available budget for this?)
- state a DEADLINE for projecst presentations (i would suggest one week)

Here i attach again the scale model
[See Alexia for scale model of Locus Amoenus]

2) to follow, a 2nd contest for the definition of BUILDINGS

After the approval of the PLAN, NG will have to acquire either "catalogue" buildings or "rezzed settlements", + possibly a few landscaping.

The contest will be open only to skilled builders, they will have to demonstrate their landscaping and building skills.

NG will define this second step after the PLAN approval (goals, criteria, budgeting)

======================
alexia

FernLeissa
Trebor Warcliffe
Master Word Wielder
Master Word Wielder

Post by Trebor Warcliffe »

One detail that no one has brought up yet in regards to the LA remodeling project is the current landowners and whether they are willing to relocate or not. If we come up with a plan that is approved and then we find out a citizen refuses to relocate it brings our remodeling project to a screeching halt. I’m assuming with the amount of land Alexia currently holds in LA it isn’t feasible for her to relocate.

So looking at the map, the first chunk of land is P.01 through P.14. Of these, Fern owns P. 03 and P. 07. Alexi Navarathna owns P.09, Danton Sideways owns P. 10 and Anna owns P. 14. So I ask Fern, Alexi, Danton and Anna if the need arises to relocate your parcels to another area of LA are you willing to let that happen?

The next group of parcels is P. 15 through P. 25. P. 15 is Anna’s company Vesta Media, P. 18 is the home of our new resident Bells Semyorka and P. 23 is owned by Tor. P. 24 and P. 25 I’m a little uncertain of. P. 24 is owned by Danton Sideways and P.25 is owned by the CDS but has “Reserved by Danton” under the name/description area. So to this group of citizens I ask, if the need arises to relocate your parcels to another area of LA is you willing to let that happen?

P. 26 through P. 31 are all owned, with the exception of P. 27, by Alexia. P. 33 and P. 35 belong to Pip and with the style of his build it wouldn’t make sense to try and relocate those two parcels. We’ll cross the street from Pip’s and look at P. 32, P. 34, and P. 36. Sonja owns P. 32 and has had the parcel up for sale for awhile. Perhaps a deal could be made between her and the CDS. P. 34 and P. 36 Mizou own. I’m assuming P. 34 was purchased for the prims to be used on P. 36. That poses two questions for Mizou from me, are you willing to relocate and could you make use of a 512sqm parcel for the extra prims instead of a 102sqm parcel?

Finally that brings us to the last parcels, P. 37 through P. 42. P. 39 is Tor’s and the only other citizen in this group is Mikelo Serevi who owns P.37 and P.40. Looking at Mikelo’s building I do not see it possible for him to have a 512sqm parcel for prims due to the fact he is close to maxed out now. So to Tor and Mikelo, if the need arises to relocate are you willing to do that?

Once we have this knowledge whoever is working on a proposal to be submitted to the New Guild will have a complete understanding of what is and isn’t possible. The sooner we know than the sooner we can take the first steps in the remodeling of Locus Amoenus.

Let us move away from all of the "us" and "them" and turn our attention to "we."
Mizou Vavoom
Veteran debater
Veteran debater

Post by Mizou Vavoom »

Perhaps a deal could be made between her and the CDS. P. 34 and P. 36 Mizou own. I’m assuming P. 34 was purchased for the prims to be used on P. 36. That poses two questions for Mizou from me, are you willing to relocate and could you make use of a 512sqm parcel for the extra prims instead of a 102sqm parcel?

Mizou has bought P34 to create a garden and is in the process of creating it.
Why do u assume Trebor, without asking first if I bought the land to use for prims?
You could have asked me or Sudane as I informed her before buying P34 what my intentions were. I am sure that Sudane would have motioned me to prim land if I needed prims.
On another point:

P. 33 and P. 35 belong to Pip and with the style of his build it wouldn’t make sense to try and relocate those two parcels

Pip's building same as mine designed and built by Carpe Diem Design, my own company. so it is OK for Pip to keep his home but, if I understand you correctly Trebor, my home needs to relocate because ...? I don't really follow your logic. Please explain.

Sorry but Mizou is not moving anywhere from those two plots, I love my land and have invested enough 'emotion' in the place.
Done!

'Egidius, waer bestu bleven, mi lanct na di, gheselle mijn. Du coors die doot, du liets mi tleven. Dat was gheselscap, goet ende fijn.'
Gruuthuuse-handschrift -circa 1400
Trebor Warcliffe
Master Word Wielder
Master Word Wielder

Post by Trebor Warcliffe »

Mizou,

I apologize for my poor choice of words but in all honesty the points I brought up were meant to be rhetorical. The intent of my post was exactly what you addressed in your closing paragraph, “Sorry but Mizou is not moving anywhere from these two plots, I love my land and have invested enough ‘emotion’ in the place.”

Currently we have a few citizens, myself included, working on proposals to remodel Locus Amoenus. Maybe a better choice of words should have been “Hey guys, it’s great that we’re all getting excited about the possibility of remodeling LA but don’t you think we may want to find out the intentions of the current residents in regards to whether or not they’re willing to relocate? It would be a shame to come up with a great plan only to find out it isn’t feasible because not all the parcels needed are available.”

That was the intention of my posting and once again, I apologize for not translating properly what was in my mind onto the computer keyboard. I do hope you accept my apology.

Sincerely,
Trebor Warcliffe

P.S. Carpe Diem Design has some beautiful builds.

Let us move away from all of the "us" and "them" and turn our attention to "we."
Mizou Vavoom
Veteran debater
Veteran debater

Post by Mizou Vavoom »

Of course apologies accepted Trebor.
Just a suggestion to find out who would be willing to relocate, if any of us, within LA, would be to create a Google doc with the parcel number, owner and a yes or no field for relocation. All LA residents could tick the yes or no box to state their preference.
To my mind what could be missing in LA is a 'central spot' like CN has the forum, NFS has the Platz, Monastery has the Monastery, and Alpine Meadow has the Old Bowl...

Thanks for your liking of some of the Carpe Diem Design builds.
Sudane was my SL building/landscaping mentor in 2006 when we all lived happily on 'Cosy Islands'.
I also watched Sudane building the New Guild on the 'then' Neualtenburg sim as well as Diderot Mirabeau's house.
Sudane, myself and another 'Cosy resident' also re-build the 'Cosy Cove' village after its destruction also in 2006.
So you see Trebor, I learned and worked only from and with the best!

'Egidius, waer bestu bleven, mi lanct na di, gheselle mijn. Du coors die doot, du liets mi tleven. Dat was gheselscap, goet ende fijn.'
Gruuthuuse-handschrift -circa 1400

Return to “Sim and City Planning”