Request Chancellor Presence

Closed forum for all Representative Assembly members. Everybody is allowed to see government in action, but posting and replying is restricted to RA members only.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Ranma Tardis

Request Chancellor Presence

Post by Ranma Tardis »

As a member of the RA am requesting the presence of the CDS Chancellor Tor at the next meeting of the RA April 7. This involves RA oversight of his office.

Tanoujin Milestone
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Re: Request Chancellor Presence

Post by Tanoujin Milestone »

Ranma, is this rendered pointless by our recent discussion? If not, would you please expand on it so I have a little time to find a position? Please do not isolate yourself, every hit you take hits me as well. I invite you to call me anytime, don't want to stalk you...

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
Ian Maclaren
Ranma Tardis

Post by Ranma Tardis »

Have a few questions on his role to determine land use. This is not intended to be about a single citizen or group.

Shep
Sadly departed
Sadly departed

Post by Shep »

Whilst not wishing to quell enthusiasm .. can I please remind RA that LRA sets the agenda ... it's in my remit ... so can we please have some coming together of what and who we need at the next meeting and the reasons why ...... thanks :)

I am not a sheep ... I am the Shepherdess .. An it harm none .. so mote it be ..
Tanoujin Milestone
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Sorry, chair, I am very distracted at the moment by heavy RL and will not be able to contribute anything substancial to the agenda this time - any problems if Ranma asks the head of the exec to attend bc she wants to ask a few questions subsequent to the chancellor's report? Looks like standard procedure to me so far.

Ian Maclaren
Shep
Sadly departed
Sadly departed

Post by Shep »

Hi Tan ... no problem in wanting to ask questions .. but I would appreciate being told as I have to produce an agenda to run the meeting by .... how would it look to have an agenda where we think we know what is being dealt with to find other items added ad hoc ... otherwise meetings become a free for all ...

I am not a sheep ... I am the Shepherdess .. An it harm none .. so mote it be ..
Tanoujin Milestone
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

:D be assured, Shep, I am ready to do my best to spare us the chaotic style I am used to at my RL working council: no invitations, minutes of the last three sessions not yet ready, agenda not available / not approved, i. e. no proper decisions, requests and limitation of speaking times ignored, rambling on in circels, members not attending, work waiting, boss interrupting... all this makes me look at the gentle despotism of the opponent with envy
Yes, I appreciate your efforts and your patience. No evil surprises in preparation here.

Anyone in the mood to join me at https://www.coursera.org/course/democraticdev ? Got the link at one of Widget's events...

Ian Maclaren
Ranma Tardis

Post by Ranma Tardis »

I thought he did a very good job at answering my questions.

Return to “Representative Assembly Discussion”