Patroklus Murakami - Byelection Manifesto: Building Bridges

Here you might discuss basically everything.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Patroklus Murakami
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Patroklus Murakami - Byelection Manifesto: Building Bridges

Post by Patroklus Murakami »

Patroklus Murakami - Building Bridges
I’m standing for election in the byelection for Chancellor of the CDS. If successful, I also plan to stand for re-election in May. This manifesto covers both periods.

Building Bridges... Between People
I think we need a fresh approach and a more inclusive, collaborative style in the Executive. We have heard too much of ‘oldbies’, ‘newbies’ and the supposed divisions between us. I want to be Chancellor for all of the CDS. As far as I’m concerned, there are only citizens and we are all equal - no matter how long we have lived here.

The only way our Government can function is if a lot of people do a little rather than relying on a few people to do a lot. It is clear that some posts, like the Public Information Officer, have become too large for one person to take on; people seem to be put off from taking on what seems to be an unlimited commitment. If elected, I will reach out to everyone to find out what small things (or large things!) they could do to help out. I will contact everyone in the CDS and hold inworld meetings to promote involvement. I want to work with people respecting the fact that we are all volunteers and that people are giving up their valuable free time to help out.

Building Bridges… To Rebuild Locus Amoenus
A number of factors, seen differently by many people, bring us to a point where the LA build is incomplete. But I see this as an opportunity to rebuild LA in an inclusive, collaborative fashion - the way it should have been in the first place. If elected I will:

• Set out the Project Plan. We need better communications on this project and a clear plan. We need to decide what to do about the “Umbilicus Mundus” - the foundation of LA. We need to be clearer about what ‘Tuscan’ means so people can build with confidence. We need to decide what builds are appropriate for the houseboat plots. We need to complete the fishing village.

Engage the RA. The outstanding issues will need RA input and the revised plan will need their sign-off to proceed to completion.

Re-engage the Guild. We need the Artisan’s Guild bought into this project so that we have our best and brightest builders collaborating on the project and supporting apprentice builders.

Celebrate! LA has great locations to hold events and we should mark the successful completion of the rebuild project with a party to bring everyone together.

Building Bridges… Connecting past, present and future!
This year marks our 10th Anniversary. On 21 September 2004 Linden Labs delivered a portion of the Anzere sim to the then Neualtenburg Projekt and our community was born. Since then we have expanded to five sims and almost 80 citizens.

• We have ten years of history to celebrate.
    We have six sims (the CDS plus Anzere) to hold events in.
    We have dozens of past, present and future citizens to welcome to our community.

This year we should do them proud. I will begin by holding meetings inworld to get our citizens input as we brainstorm all the fantastic things we could do this year to celebrate our anniversary. I will find out what people can do to help and get them involved in the planning and implementing. This year we should plan for the best Oktoberfest and the best celebration of our history we have seen to date.

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Bromo Ivory
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Re: Patroklus Murakami - Byelection Manifesto: Building Brid

Post by Bromo Ivory »

I find it interesting that in another thread, Cadence criticizes Baghs for being "unable to build a bridge" and Garnet leaps right on it. Funny how they used similar rhetoric as you do in your title ...

It's almost like this was a coordinated action meant to slap a competitor on the heels of your "manifesto" coming out. I'm sure it was pur coincidence ... :wink:

Of course, it coming out on April First is an unintentional irony...

But one question ... LA's plan was approved by the entire RA. How is your change going to be fundamentally different? And with your plan, are you going to reparcel, or is it just fiddle fiddle fiddle ?

Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

==
"Nenia peno nek provo donos lakton de bovo."

Callipygian
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by Callipygian »

Bromo Ivory wrote:

I find it interesting that in another thread, Calle criticizes Baghs for being "unable to build a bridge" and Garnet leaps right on it. Funny how they used similar rhetoric as you do in your title ...

It's almost like this was a coordinated action meant to slap a competitor on the heels of your "manifesto" coming out. I'm sure it was pur coincidence ... :wink:

But one question ... LA's plan was approved by the entire RA. How is your change going to be fundamentally different? And with your plan, are you going to reparcel, or is it just fiddle fiddle fiddle ?

Bromo

As you well know, but those who have English as a second (or third or fourth!) language may not, 'to build bridges' is a frequently used idiom in the English language; in other languages there is probably a similar meaning to a different phrase. Gwyn used it back in January, Pat used it back in February before Bagheera had even resigned, Pip put it in the title of his Valentine's Day truce post and Cleo referenced it in her reply - so yes, coincidence is quite likely, minus the wink.

My main question though: I am assuming 'Calle' is me since there aren't any similar names on the Forums? If so, could you post a link to where I said this? I don't recall doing so, and since you include me in whatever you are suggesting here, I'd like to see why.

Calli

People often say that, in a democracy, decisions are made by a majority of the people. Of course, that is not true. Decisions are made by a majority of those who make themselves heard and who vote -- a very different thing.

Walter H. Judd
Bromo Ivory
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Bromo Ivory »

Whoops. Typo. Meant Cadence, not you!

Glad that Pat posted something. Was getting worried that he wasn't going to say much at all.

I look forward to hearing more details of what he'd do as Chancellor if he gets elected - I have crossed nobody off my list as of this point, not even Pat.

Callipygian wrote:
Bromo Ivory wrote:

I find it interesting that in another thread, Calle criticizes Baghs for being "unable to build a bridge" and Garnet leaps right on it. Funny how they used similar rhetoric as you do in your title ...

Bromo

As you well know, but those who have English as a second (or third or fourth!) language may not, 'to build bridges' is a frequently used idiom in the English language; in other languages there is probably a similar meaning to a different phrase. Gwyn used it back in January, Pat used it back in February before Bagheera had even resigned, Pip put it in the title of his Valentine's Day truce post and Cleo referenced it in her reply - so yes, coincidence is quite likely, minus the wink.

My main question though: I am assuming 'Calle' is me since there aren't any similar names on the Forums? If so, could you post a link to where I said this? I don't recall doing so, and since you include me in whatever you are suggesting here, I'd like to see why.

Calli

==

Garnet Psaltery
Master Word Wielder
Master Word Wielder

Post by Garnet Psaltery »

Bromo Ivory wrote:

I find it interesting that in another thread, Cadence criticizes Baghs for being "unable to build a bridge" and Garnet leaps right on it. Funny how they used similar rhetoric as you do in your title ...

Is that the best you can come up with, Bromo? Pat created his own manifesto without help from me. I'd have advised against that title but still ... and for pity's sake, lose the wink. Anyone would think you're a Jerry alt. See, I could throw around baseless rumours too, if I wanted.

cleopatraxigalia
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by cleopatraxigalia »

Pat,
The following text verbatim is on a sign in the restaurant of Vic Mornington on his parcel in LA.

ANOTHER DESTINATION GUIDE BUILD BY VIC MORNINGTON!

PLEASE NOTE THAT NEITHER LIA V OR VIC MORNINGTON IS AFFILIATED IN ANY WAY WITH THE CDS GOVERMENT.
THERE HAS BEEN CASES OF HARRASSEMENT HAPPENING IN THIS BUILDING DIRECTED TOWARDS VISITORS BY CERTAIN ELEMENTS WITHIN CDS ITSELF, CDS IS THE SET OF REGIONS YOU ARE CURRENTLY IN.

IF YOU ARE HARRASSED IN ANY WAY IMMEDIATELY SEND AN ABUSE REPORT.

A SCREENSHOT OF SAID HARRASEMENT SHOULD ALSO BE SENT TO VIC OR MYSELF VIA EMAIL.
MESSAGE ONE OF US FOR AN EMAIL ADDRESS

If you are elected chancellor what will you do? Is this the kind of advertisement CDS needs? Do we promote ourselves this way?
Can Vic prove that "elements in CDS harassed his visitors"? If so what do we do to them? Having a destination guide listing in CDS that has a sign in it that insults CDS, claims things I personally believe are false, or if true need to be brought forth and dealt with.. not to mention that the sign violates TOS. It is against the area of Tos that says that someone should not "incite others to violate tos" .. cutting and sending chat inworld or out is a TOS violation, and this sign incites that.

Can you comment on this and how you would handle it should you, gulp, be elected chancellor of CDS.

Last edited by cleopatraxigalia on Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cleo
Garnet Psaltery
Master Word Wielder
Master Word Wielder

Post by Garnet Psaltery »

cleopatraxigalia wrote:

Pat,
The following text verbatim is on a sign in the restaurant of Vic Mornington on his parcel in LA.

ANOTHER DESTINATION GUIDE BUILD BY VIC MORNINGTON!

PLEASE NOTE THAT NEITHER LIA V OR VIC MORNINGTON IS AFFILIATED IN ANY WAY WITH THE CDS GOVERMENT.
THERE HAS BEEN CASES OF HARRASSEMENT HAPPENING IN THIS BUILDING DIRECTED TOWARDS VISITORS BY CERTAIN ELEMENTS WITHIN CDS ITSELF, CDS IS THE SET OF REGIONS YOU ARE CURRENTLY IN.

IF YOU ARE HARRASSED IN ANY WAY IMMEDIATELY SEND AN ABUSE REPORT.

A SCREENSHOT OF SAID HARRASEMENT SHOULD ALSO BE SENT TO VIC OR MYSELF VIA EMAIL.
MESSAGE ONE OF US FOR AN EMAIL ADDRESS

[...] things I personally believe are false .. not to mention that the sign violates TOS.

There's the problem. It's your opinion, and no, it's not against ToS. You'll have to try harder than dredging up old news that's already been discussed.

Oh by the way, there's no need to ban me from your shop. I wouldn't wear your tat anyway.

cleopatraxigalia
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by cleopatraxigalia »

Pat,

I have to comment on your manifesto directly.. I read it and wondered how I see you so differently and incapable of doing what you say you will do? I have known you a long long time, and have seen you in action for years and years...

You say you want to build bridges. I see a clear contradiction in your past behavior in CDS and your statement that you want that. You may want to do that ... but you don't have the experience that points to that imho.. I know you doing quite the opposite here for a long long time.

Pat, you have long been a person in CDS who has found yourself in the middle of many fiascos and the instigator of several people leaving CDS. You have never acted as if we are all equal. You treated me personally very badly since day 1 .. Michel Mannen as well.. do I dare mention Salzi. Who knows how many more. Your former faction CSDF... I have been on the defense with you since I met you.. and know your history with this sort of thing predates me ! I do not think you have any sort of track record of being able to pull this off, nor do I think you are sincere.

Here's a quote about you from Cindy Ecksol: Pat, you will win my approval for your performance as LRA if and when you demonstrate that you can act as a leader with real ideas and a cool enough head to encourage cooperation from all parties. As your first task along those lines, I'd be pleased to see you kill the argument about who did what to whom where and when and get on with the business at hand. Since CSDF doesn't like the current election law, I expect that we'll be seeing a proposal from you this week on how you'd like it changed. I'm looking forward to what you think a "more democratic" system looks like, and will be equally interested to hear what the other factions believe are their top priorities as evidenced by the proposals that THEY table at their first opportunity this week.

Then you say you want to have many people participating ? Ha.. again you have stood for the opposite thing, why change now? No history to trust you doing this. Facts point to the opposite.

You propose and vote for bills that .. Eliminating Term Limits on elected officials.... and having a small RA of 5, limiting not only citizen participation but representation?... And how do you reconcile having a bill proposed like the Reforming Land Sales, you dream version would keep us small and helps make it a homogeneous society, with your gate keeper idea?

You want to do who knows what to Re-engage the Guild? you said : "We need the Artisan’s Guild bought into this project so that we have our best and brightest builders collaborating on the project and supporting apprentice builders." ahhhhh..

Patroklus, You support a guild that doesn't post transcripts, doesn't have a group that is open status to all citizens of CDS.. an elite "private company" within CDS. The guild of Rosie Gray is a closed group of self proclaimed builders who happen to reside in CDS. The charter makes it clear what they are. Do you imagine the guild of today is the guild of Moon's .. its not.. why do you think they deserve anything special? And if they deserve special treatment by the CDS ... why do you support the leader of this institution that is not inclusive being allowed to sit on the RA? We need a guild that is inclusive and a mechanism for cohesion of all of CDS imho... What you want to do is reengage a guild that wanted to make LA look the way they think it should more than they cared about the citizens rights to own land.

I read your manifest.. I hear you talking ! But I don't believe you! Your history is the opposite of this statement and says no detail of what you will really do.. What will you do to LA..

I do read in your manifesto what you didn't say about LA though...... PUT IN WRITING THAT YOU WONT ALLOW ANYONE TO MOVE ONE PARCEL LINE IN LOCUS OR TERRAFORM SOMEONE OUT OF THEIR BUILDING? DID I MISS YOU SAYING THAT ? OH YOU DIDNT, SO WE ASSUME YOU WILL DO THAT IF THE GUILD SEES FIT, AND THEY HAVE MADE IT CLEAR THAT THEY DO !

I do agree with you here CDS deserves the best... .Even if you could and wanted to, you aren't inworld enough to make any of your campaign promises come true... We want a CDS of the future not your vision of the glorious past where most of CDS was yellow and vacant, we were about to sell LA and you were spending down the reserves to the benefit of a small group of "like minded" people in a CDS where there were barely enough people to fill seats and conflict of interest was status quo. We don't want that anymore. Pat, I appreciate you stepping up to the plate. You aren't a leader as proven by past performance, and in a pinch you cry foul and leave.

But you are NOT the man to do this job. No way, no how, no matter........

Cleo
Victor1
Passionate Protagonist
Passionate Protagonist

Post by Victor1 »

cleopatraxigalia wrote:

Angry rant because she AR'ed said sign and nothing happened....

This deserves a triple facepalm...

Bromo Ivory
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Bromo Ivory »

Victor1 wrote:
cleopatraxigalia wrote:

Angry rant because she AR'ed said sign and nothing happened....

This deserves a triple facepalm...

And with all this facepalming, I give you this one:

==

Return to “General Discussion”