Proposed 22nd Term Budget

For the Chancellor to make important announcements regarding executive actions.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Patroklus Murakami
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Proposed 22nd Term Budget

Post by Patroklus Murakami »

Proposed 22nd RA budget (all values in L$)

REVENUE

Land and Property Revenue
Land Tier Revenues 1,781,731
Land Sales Revenues 90,000
Total Property Revenues 1,871,731

Other Revenue
CDS Tip Jar Receipts and Gifts 10,000
Total Other Revenue 10,000

TOTAL REVENUE 1,881,731

General & Administrative Expenses
Linden Land Tier Payment 1,606,050
Events Expenses 80,000
Stipends for Contributing Citizens 0
Web Hosting Fees 16,920
Currency Conversion Charges 58,500
Miscellaneous 3,000
Realized Exchange Gain/Loss 1,000
Total Gen & Admin Expenses 1,765,470

TOTAL EXPENSES 1,765,470

NET PROFIT 116,261

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Patroklus Murakami
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Re: Proposed 22nd Term Budget

Apologies for the delay in posting this. This was due to the Christmas and New Year holidays where I've been pretty busy and/or out of the country without access to a computer for much of the time.

The main point of this budget is to allocate funds for our regular expenses i.e. tier, web hosting and regular events.

Later in the term, I will put together a budget for the new sim and associated expenses. We will need to budget for increased LL tier. We also need to put new revenues in the budget for anticipated land sales and land tier which we will collect upon opening the new sim or sims for sale. In order to do all this we'll need some estimation of the date that the new sim will be purchased (which will enable calculation of increased LL tier expense) and an estimation of the date that the new sim will be open for sale. I propose to develop this aspect of the budget when the opening date is closer and therefore firmer. We can do this as part of the planning and preparations for our new sim(s).

Patroklus Murakami
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Re: Proposed 22nd Term Budget

I can't attend today's RA meeting to present the budget as it is in the middle of my working day (I have given my availability to the LRA to aid planning).

I hope the RA will pass the budget at its meeting.

Just to clear up one point of potential confusion, when I said "we will need to budget for increased LL tier" I meant we would need to budget for the increased LL tier due to the new region. An additional region will be US$295 a month on top of the existing fees we pay to Linden Lab. The budget will need to take account of this from the month that the new region comes online.

We will also need to make projections of how much money we anticipate bringing in as the new region fills up. These projections will show us how much of our reserves will be required to pay for the set up fee for the new region and for tier before the region is fully sold out. These projections will show us when we expect to 'break even' and how much it will cost us overall.

This will be put together later in the term when the competition has been run and a winning plan for the new region adopted.

Return to “Executive Branch Announcements”