I think that we need to make a distinction between core CDS (in order: NFS, CN and MA) and non-core (everything else).
To try to address this, I'm going to paste my version of the legistlation, based on Rosie's post from earlier. My changes in bold:
I believe that should address NFS and the grandfathered issue.In the Confederation of Democratic Sims, it is the responsibility of the CDS government to ensure that the estate is financially managed in a responsible manner with an overall goal of keeping CDS in the black.
Tenancy fluctuations and long term vacancies can negatively impact the financial health of the estate. This bill establishes parameters for selling a CDS region if it remains vacant, in the red and a financial liability.
For historic and economic reasons the following regions will not be effected by this bill: Neufreistadt, Colonia Nova and Monastery. Furthermore, Neufreistadt will be acknowledged to be the core region of the CDS and will be protected from closure as long as tier is able to be paid or until Secondlife closes.
1) If a region in the CDS fails to generate more than 75% of its monthly tier expense for more than three consecutive months, the Chancellor is empowered to take steps to sell the region, if he /she deems it in the best financial interests of the CDS.
2) The Chancellor will determine the sale price of the region based on the average market sale price for regions of that type at that time.
3) The Chancellor will give the RA 14 days written notice of his or her intention to start the sale process; he or she will post to the Forums and the inworld group that this notice has been given. Land will also remain for sale during this 14 day period; if occupancy increases to over 75% during the 14 days the sale process will halt.*
4) The RA may meet during that time and confirm or overrule the Chancellor's decision, which may be accomplished by a simple majority vote. If the RA does not give a decision within 14 days, or if they confirm the Chancellor's decision to sell, the Chancellor will then stop the sale of all land in the region and will give all landowners in the region 30 days notice of the impending sale.
5) If occupancy of the region drops below 75% again within the next 3 months, the Chancellor may invoke this law again, without the need for a three month consecutive occupancy below 75%.
6) Three days prior to the sale date, the Chancellor will review the financial status of the sim and post his/her findings to the CDS Group inworld and on the CDS forum.
a. If the sim generated at least 75% of its monthly tier expense, the sale of the sim will halt.
b. If the sim did not generate at least 75% of its monthly tier expense, the Chancellor will announce his/her intentions to sell the sim or not in the CDS Group inworld and on the CDS forums.
c. On the scheduled date of sale, the Chancellor will clear the region completely of all objects before placing the region for sale.
c. The Chancellor can confer the responsibility of clearing the region on a CDS estate manager.
7) At the Chancellor’s direction, Rudeen must place the region up for sale in the For Sale By Owner group. The Chancellor is responsible for writing up the text for the sales notice and for giving it to Rudeen.
8 ) Money from the sale of the region shall remain in the general CDS account (Rudeen).