CDS website problem?

Here you might discuss basically everything.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Sudane Erato
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

CDS website problem?

Post by Sudane Erato »

Something weird appears to have happened to our website. Any ideas?

Sudane................

*** Confirmed Grump ***
Profile: http://bit.ly/p9ASqg
Jerry McNally
Passionate Protagonist
Passionate Protagonist

Re: CDS website problem?

Post by Jerry McNally »

Yeah, that's me. As part of the CDS website refresh with Mizou, Rosie and Moon, I'm trying to implement a new theme but it's not playing ball. It's back to what it used to be now, though.

Jerry McNally
Passionate Protagonist
Passionate Protagonist

Post by Jerry McNally »

Just to expand on this a little. As the Chancellor has mentioned a few times at various RA and Q&A meetings, there's an ongoing project to refresh the layout and navigation of the main CDS website, to bring it a little more up-to-date, clean up various dead-link and content duplication issues, and enable its use as a kind of knowledge base for all its landmark descriptions and history. (That last point's still quite nebulous.)

I, as Mizou's website admin assistant, have been working with Mizou, Rosie and Moon on this and presented to them a draft layout using WordPress's default Twenty Twenty-Three theme. You can see a demo of it here secondjerry.life/cds-refresh. I was hoping that moving to a new theme before the end of the 38th term would be a simple matter, but it seems there are gremlins in the metaverse too. Hopefully, in the next few days I'll work my way through Bluehost's support systems and we'll start to see some progress.

Jerry McNally
Passionate Protagonist
Passionate Protagonist

Post by Jerry McNally »

Just bumping this up again, as some of you eagle-eyed citizens may have noticed some changes to the look of our CDS Democracy website recently. Thanks to the sterling work of Mizou and Rosie, I'm able to start the process of moving to the new theme (demoed at secondjerry.life/cds-refresh). These things take time, so please bear with us in this transition period, and be assured that none of the words have gone, I'm just slowly getting round to refreshing and standardising the templates.

Return to “General Discussion”