Transcript RA Meeting March 23, 2024

Announcements by the Leader of the Representative Assembly

Moderator: SC Moderators

Post Reply
User avatar
Jerry McNally
Passionate Protagonist
Passionate Protagonist
Posts: 152
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:35 am
Contact:

Transcript RA Meeting March 23, 2024

Post by Jerry McNally »

[2024/03/23 10:36] Almut Brunswick: Anyway, dear CDS citizens, honorable absent members of the SC and dear possibly yet showing up Chancellor, welcome to the RA meeting of today. Hereby, I call this meeting to order.
[2024/03/23 10:36] Gwyneth Llewelyn: Hi dan!
[2024/03/23 10:36] ÐαℵÐeeϺɕℵɪ̈te (dandeemcnite): hello
[2024/03/23 10:36] Gwyneth Llewelyn: /me hushes
[2024/03/23 10:36] Almut Brunswick: The agenda is in the cube as usual.
[2024/03/23 10:36] Almut Brunswick: 1 Administrative Business
1.1 Approval of the Agenda
[2024/03/23 10:37] Jerry McNally: Looks good to me. I move to accept the agenda as presented
[2024/03/23 10:37] Kyoko Jarvinen-Barzane (samara.barzane): seconds
[2024/03/23 10:37] Almut Brunswick: Then let's vote.
[2024/03/23 10:37] Jerry McNally: Aye
[2024/03/23 10:37] Almut Brunswick: Aye
[2024/03/23 10:38] Kyoko Jarvinen-Barzane (samara.barzane): Aye
[2024/03/23 10:38] Agatha Macbeth: Moonie :)
[2024/03/23 10:38] Almut Brunswick: Thank you.
[2024/03/23 10:38] Moon Adamant: hello all ㋡
[2024/03/23 10:38] Almut Brunswick: 1.2 Review and Approval of the Minutes of the Fifth RA Meeting on March 2, 2024
* https://forums.slcds.info/viewtopic.php?t=10565
[2024/03/23 10:38] Almut Brunswick: Hello Moon
[2024/03/23 10:38] Kyoko Jarvinen-Barzane (samara.barzane): Hello Moon
[2024/03/23 10:39] Moon Adamant: /me slides into a seat and apologizes for being a tad late
[2024/03/23 10:39] Almut Brunswick: Thank you to Jerry for his accurate work. I'm sorry that I was so late with the agenda, however, we don't plan to enact anything today anyway.
[2024/03/23 10:39] Jerry McNally: no worries
[2024/03/23 10:40] Almut Brunswick: I move to accept the minutes as presented.
[2024/03/23 10:40] Jerry McNally: To help move things along, I'll second that
[2024/03/23 10:40] Almut Brunswick: Kyoko, your turn :D
[2024/03/23 10:40] Kyoko Jarvinen-Barzane (samara.barzane): aye
[2024/03/23 10:40] Almut Brunswick: laughs... Aye
[2024/03/23 10:40] Jerry McNally: aye then
[2024/03/23 10:41] Almut Brunswick: Quick and pragmatic!
[2024/03/23 10:41] Almut Brunswick: 2 Executive Report (Tor)
[2024/03/23 10:41] Almut Brunswick: /me attempts to imitate Tor...
[2024/03/23 10:41] Kyoko Jarvinen-Barzane (samara.barzane): giggles
[2024/03/23 10:41] Agatha Macbeth: /me gives you a boat
[2024/03/23 10:42] Jerry McNally: Any note from him?
[2024/03/23 10:42] Almut Brunswick: "The expenses for the navy have drastically increased, the harbour will get some new coal bunkers..." :D
[2024/03/23 10:42] Almut Brunswick: No, nothing.
[2024/03/23 10:42] Almut Brunswick: When he should show up, we can return to this top.
[2024/03/23 10:43] Gwyneth Llewelyn: 🎵 <-a note from Tor (possibly C sharp)
[2024/03/23 10:43] Almut Brunswick: 3 Artisan Guild Report (Rosie)
[2024/03/23 10:43] Agatha Macbeth: >.<
[2024/03/23 10:43] Moon Adamant: ㋡
[2024/03/23 10:43] Kyoko Jarvinen-Barzane (samara.barzane): folks stop making me giggle
[2024/03/23 10:43] Almut Brunswick: Rosie announced to come later. So let's table it for now.
[2024/03/23 10:43] Gwyneth Llewelyn: /me tries to hush again
[2024/03/23 10:43] Agatha Macbeth: Never touched you
[2024/03/23 10:44] Almut Brunswick: Stop singing "Anchors aweigh"! :D
[2024/03/23 10:44] Gwyneth Llewelyn: LOL
[2024/03/23 10:44] Agatha Macbeth: Arrr
[2024/03/23 10:44] Almut Brunswick: The first serious topic today:
[2024/03/23 10:44] Almut Brunswick: 4 Old Business
4.1 RA-20240211-4.1: Updating the General Covenants and Locus Amoenus Covenant on the CDS website by the RA Archivist
[2024/03/23 10:44] Gwyneth Llewelyn: /me should have come with her err nautical dress
[2024/03/23 10:44] Almut Brunswick: Jerry, please give us an update.
[2024/03/23 10:44] Jerry McNally: ok.
[2024/03/23 10:45] Jerry McNally: I have now updated both the general covenant and the LA one
[2024/03/23 10:45] Jerry McNally: here's the link to the Land page https://cdsdemocracy.org/land/
[2024/03/23 10:45] Jerry McNally: with the links at the bottom to the covenants
[2024/03/23 10:46] Jerry McNally: And yes, I still need to add in some pictures to those pages
[2024/03/23 10:46] Jerry McNally: done
[2024/03/23 10:46] Almut Brunswick: Excellent. Thank you.
[2024/03/23 10:46] Almut Brunswick: 4.2 RA-20240302-2.1: Contacting the Scientific Council regarding ongoing management of the Discord server through the Chancellor
[2024/03/23 10:47] Gwyneth Llewelyn: 👏
[2024/03/23 10:47] Almut Brunswick: Now we would need Tor again... Or do you have any news in this respect?
[2024/03/23 10:47] Jerry McNally: Sorry, I don't have anything
[2024/03/23 10:47] Kyoko Jarvinen-Barzane (samara.barzane): newp
[2024/03/23 10:47] Jerry McNally: /me wonders why the SC don't come to these RA meetings anymore....
[2024/03/23 10:48] Gwyneth Llewelyn: Scared of you, maybe?
[2024/03/23 10:48] Almut Brunswick: Maybe they need the time to plan a coup d'etat :D
[2024/03/23 10:49] Gwyneth Llewelyn: Mmh that must be it :)
[2024/03/23 10:49] Almut Brunswick: Kidding... Honestly, I don't know.
[2024/03/23 10:49] Almut Brunswick: I also must admit that I'm just a rare guest on Discord
[2024/03/23 10:49] Almut Brunswick: Let's table the topic till next meeting.
[2024/03/23 10:50] Kyoko Jarvinen-Barzane (samara.barzane): who is SC chair now?
[2024/03/23 10:50] Almut Brunswick: 4.3 RA-20240302-2.2: Asking the Chancellor for more info regarding the possible expansion of the CDS exhibit at the SL Welcome Hub.
[2024/03/23 10:50] Almut Brunswick: Again, we would need Tor here.
[2024/03/23 10:50] Jerry McNally: I wonder if we could make more of a point of sharing the actions from the minutes directly with those involved
[2024/03/23 10:51] Jerry McNally: I mean, I know *I* go through the minutes word by word each time, but I;m not sure anyone else does
[2024/03/23 10:51] Almut Brunswick: Well, I would expect those people involved here instead of pursuing them with our points
[2024/03/23 10:52] Almut Brunswick: I have that habit, too.
[2024/03/23 10:52] Jerry McNally: Well, let's catch up with these questions for Tor later
[2024/03/23 10:52] Almut Brunswick: Agreed.
[2024/03/23 10:53] Almut Brunswick: 4.4 Website Refresh Project (Jerry)
[2024/03/23 10:53] Almut Brunswick: What is the status now?
[2024/03/23 10:53] Jerry McNally: Ok, just a couple of points
[2024/03/23 10:53] Jerry McNally: I've added some more photos to the Visit Us page https://cdsdemocracy.org/visit-us/
[2024/03/23 10:53] Jerry McNally: Thanks to those who've contributed
[2024/03/23 10:53] Gwyneth Llewelyn: \o/
[2024/03/23 10:54] Agatha Macbeth: (Hello Rosie)
[2024/03/23 10:54] Gwyneth Llewelyn: Looking good!
[2024/03/23 10:54] Almut Brunswick: Woot woot!
[2024/03/23 10:54] Moon Adamant: /e was seeing that the other day, yay!
[2024/03/23 10:54] Rosie Gray: hi everyone ㋡
[2024/03/23 10:54] Kyoko Jarvinen-Barzane (samara.barzane): Rosie logged on and is on her way
[2024/03/23 10:54] Jerry McNally: And I've added a new Citizenship page https://cdsdemocracy.org/governance/citizenship/ using text from the Guide to New Citizens
[2024/03/23 10:54] Almut Brunswick: Hello Rosie
[2024/03/23 10:54] Moon Adamant: hi Rosie ㋡
[2024/03/23 10:54] Kyoko Jarvinen-Barzane (samara.barzane): and there she is!
[2024/03/23 10:54] Almut Brunswick: Ah, therefore this austere German accent in the wording :D
[2024/03/23 10:55] Gwyneth Llewelyn: Hello Rosie :)
[2024/03/23 10:55] Rosie Gray: sorry to be late... I just came off an RL meeting
[2024/03/23 10:55] Agatha Macbeth: (Belated happy birthday too)
[2024/03/23 10:55] Kyoko Jarvinen-Barzane (samara.barzane): Busy lady
[2024/03/23 10:55] Almut Brunswick: That's fine. Then I propose to return to 3 Artisan Guild Report (Rosie)
[2024/03/23 10:55] Rosie Gray: oh
[2024/03/23 10:55] Rosie Gray: /me shuffles a lot of papers
[2024/03/23 10:55] Moon Adamant: happy birthday! if belated ㋡
[2024/03/23 10:55] Jerry McNally: I've been going through formatting issues and also will expand on the Support Page
[2024/03/23 10:55] Jerry McNally: https://cdsdemocracy.org/support/
[2024/03/23 10:56] Rosie Gray: lol, thanks :D
[2024/03/23 10:56] Jerry McNally: Oh
[2024/03/23 10:56] Jerry McNally: Sorry, I hadn't finished, but carry on
[2024/03/23 10:56] Almut Brunswick: Birthday? Whom?
[2024/03/23 10:56] Agatha Macbeth: (Rosie)
[2024/03/23 10:56] Almut Brunswick: Oh sorry, Jerry
[2024/03/23 10:56] Rosie Gray: please carry on Jerry, sorry for the interruption
[2024/03/23 10:56] Almut Brunswick: I meant AFTER Jerry is finished
[2024/03/23 10:56] Jerry McNally: Thanks
[2024/03/23 10:56] Kyoko Jarvinen-Barzane (samara.barzane): Huzzah for the birthday girl
[2024/03/23 10:56] Almut Brunswick: In the meantime, Rosie can find her papers :D
[2024/03/23 10:57] Jerry McNally: Just wanted to add that I've added a map to the LA covenant page https://cdsdemocracy.org/land/locus-amoenus/locus-amoenus-covenant/
[2024/03/23 10:57] Jerry McNally: and thought it might be nice to add maps to all the other covenant pages too
[2024/03/23 10:57] Jerry McNally: if those exist
[2024/03/23 10:57] Jerry McNally: done
[2024/03/23 10:57] Moon Adamant: aah, looking good and yes, handy!
[2024/03/23 10:57] Almut Brunswick: I was about to ask about it. Yes, this makes perfect sense and looks good.
[2024/03/23 10:58] Jerry McNally: thanks
[2024/03/23 10:58] Kyoko Jarvinen-Barzane (samara.barzane): it sure does
[2024/03/23 10:58] Gwyneth Llewelyn: /me likes the map as well — it looks like the 'original' styling we had for the maps!
[2024/03/23 10:58] Rosie Gray: Are you still looking for photos, Jerry?
[2024/03/23 10:58] Jerry McNally: Sure, the more the merrier
[2024/03/23 10:58] Jerry McNally: I'd like to show some of the old ones too
[2024/03/23 10:59] Jerry McNally: Oh, and also I'd like to develop a Galleries page too, based on Tori's work
[2024/03/23 10:59] Rosie Gray: yes!
[2024/03/23 10:59] Gwyneth Llewelyn: /me recently found some ancient pictures of NFS as well — I need to upload them though
[2024/03/23 10:59] Jerry McNally: If anyone has any more suggestions, they're all gratefully received
[2024/03/23 11:00] Gwyneth Llewelyn: A galleries page is an awesome idea
[2024/03/23 11:00] Kyoko Jarvinen-Barzane (samara.barzane): I will check
[2024/03/23 11:00] Moon Adamant: very cool Jerry!
[2024/03/23 11:00] Rosie Gray: I think it would bbe nice to include other 'businesses' too
[2024/03/23 11:00] Jerry McNally: yes, sure
[2024/03/23 11:00] Rosie Gray: at least if they are more or less stable
[2024/03/23 11:00] Rosie Gray: like cafes and bookshops for instance
[2024/03/23 11:00] Almut Brunswick: or winter sports stores :D
[2024/03/23 11:01] Rosie Gray: indeed ㋡
[2024/03/23 11:01] Gwyneth Llewelyn: Liek mmmh an amenities page?
[2024/03/23 11:01] Moon Adamant: ㋡
[2024/03/23 11:01] Gwyneth Llewelyn: hah — right
[2024/03/23 11:01] Rosie Gray: I guess that would require a list with SLURLs too
[2024/03/23 11:01] Gwyneth Llewelyn: Even better
[2024/03/23 11:02] Gwyneth Llewelyn: And mmmh event areas?
[2024/03/23 11:02] Jerry McNally: Feels like a 'Community' section needs to be developed
[2024/03/23 11:02] Gwyneth Llewelyn: Right,Jerry!
[2024/03/23 11:02] Rosie Gray: yes good idea
[2024/03/23 11:02] Kyoko Jarvinen-Barzane (samara.barzane): I have old photos of The Art Cafe someplace
[2024/03/23 11:02] Jerry McNally: /me scribbles down some ideas
[2024/03/23 11:02] Almut Brunswick: I had another idea, but I don't know it if is good: For every quarter, we could present and interview a typical long-time resident of that area.
[2024/03/23 11:03] Gwyneth Llewelyn: What I thought is that the *current* events page, which essentially just shows the agenda, could be further developed with places which host events frequently
[2024/03/23 11:03] Gwyneth Llewelyn: oh I like that Almut hehe
[2024/03/23 11:03] Jerry McNally: sounds interesting Almut
[2024/03/23 11:03] Rosie Gray: that makes sense too, Gwyn
[2024/03/23 11:03] Kyoko Jarvinen-Barzane (samara.barzane): yep
[2024/03/23 11:03] Moon Adamant: good ideas all
[2024/03/23 11:04] Gwyneth Llewelyn: Aye, we have awesome pics from some events... the Ball... at the Magazinno.... and many more
[2024/03/23 11:04] Almut Brunswick: Then you can see what are the reasons for these individuals to live in their respective neighborhood
[2024/03/23 11:04] Gwyneth Llewelyn: /me was thinking of an approach like a website for tourists — what to see, whom to meet, etc.
[2024/03/23 11:04] Rosie Gray: I like that idea too, Almut... tried to get it going once long ago
[2024/03/23 11:04] Gwyneth Llewelyn: aye, Almut, I love the idea!
[2024/03/23 11:05] Almut Brunswick: "Meet the aborigines of Neufreistadt"
[2024/03/23 11:05] Rosie Gray: it would need someone to act as journalist and interview people
[2024/03/23 11:05] Gwyneth Llewelyn: hmpf. "Don't feed the anim.... I mean aborigines of NFS"
[2024/03/23 11:05] Jerry McNally: It would be great to get some contributions from people other than the 'usual suspects'
[2024/03/23 11:05] Rosie Gray: it would!
[2024/03/23 11:05] Gwyneth Llewelyn: /me is usually suspect and doesn't volunteer.
[2024/03/23 11:05] Almut Brunswick: "Feed them with beer and bratwurst"
[2024/03/23 11:05] Agatha Macbeth: Unusual suspects?
[2024/03/23 11:06] Gwyneth Llewelyn: Oh I know — it would be like a section for "Why become a Friends of the CDS member?"
[2024/03/23 11:06] Gwyneth Llewelyn: i.e. tourist adveryising, so to speak
[2024/03/23 11:06] Almut Brunswick: Yes, but not so much focused on CDS as a whole.
[2024/03/23 11:06] Kyoko Jarvinen-Barzane (samara.barzane): seemed like a good idea at the time
[2024/03/23 11:06] Gwyneth Llewelyn: Stmps! We have stamps! We love stamps! :) hehe
[2024/03/23 11:07] Gwyneth Llewelyn: We sometimes even type "stamps" correctly
[2024/03/23 11:07] Almut Brunswick: Hmm, maybe we could win Tori to collect such interviews with pictures and even make a small exhibition of it.
[2024/03/23 11:07] Moon Adamant: tons of things going too ㋡
[2024/03/23 11:07] Gwyneth Llewelyn: But sure, why not a "Landmarks of the CDS" section?
[2024/03/23 11:07] Gwyneth Llewelyn: exactky, Moon!
[2024/03/23 11:07] Gwyneth Llewelyn: /me either has twisted fingers today or a broken keyboard
[2024/03/23 11:08] Jerry McNally: Thats kind of what the Visit Us page is Gwyneth https://cdsdemocracy.org/visit-us/
[2024/03/23 11:08] Kyoko Jarvinen-Barzane (samara.barzane): BTW I let the GastHaus go
[2024/03/23 11:08] Gwyneth Llewelyn: I know, Jerry!
[2024/03/23 11:08] Almut Brunswick: But back to the agenda
[2024/03/23 11:08] Kyoko Jarvinen-Barzane (samara.barzane): Someone should pick it up
[2024/03/23 11:08] Agatha Macbeth: Aww
[2024/03/23 11:08] Almut Brunswick: I see Rosie waiting for her AG report
[2024/03/23 11:09] Rosie Gray: oh Jerry, that's nice... I hadn't seen this on the 'Visit Us' page bbefore
[2024/03/23 11:09] Almut Brunswick: Shall we move on?
[2024/03/23 11:09] Rosie Gray: okay I'm ready if that's okay
[2024/03/23 11:09] Almut Brunswick: Jerry?
[2024/03/23 11:10] Jerry McNally: yep, done, sorry
[2024/03/23 11:10] Rosie Gray: ㋡
[2024/03/23 11:10] Almut Brunswick: 3 Artisan Guild Report (Rosie)
[2024/03/23 11:10] Rosie Gray: the Artisan Guild had a meeting on March 9th
[2024/03/23 11:10] Rosie Gray: most of the meeting was taken up by site visits to two projects that Moon has been working on
[2024/03/23 11:11] Rosie Gray: first was a mock-up of the area just up the road from here, where the old PIO offices were.
[2024/03/23 11:11] Rosie Gray: Moon reported that CN’s performance in sales has been monitored and that it turned out some parcels could do with being updated/transformed, which has been happening to great success. The mock-ups show the more complicated bit as we are talking about built sets, not just isolated parcels.
Moon proposed to split the parcels C.12 and C.13 into four smaller parcels, which will all have a little garden or terrace. Also this will allow for a public staircase which will connect the Centro Stoico with the temple level below.
Moon mentioned that this proposal also mentions two other things. One is the closeness of walls. The wish is to make people feel less blocked in. Also CN ca do with a bit more green within the walls and these terraces and gardens can provide that.
It was also considered "ruining" the south eastern wall like it was done in the north west.
[2024/03/23 11:12] Rosie Gray: and then the next area to visit was also a mock-up for where the current Garden of Peace is
[2024/03/23 11:12] Rosie Gray: Moon reported that the Garden of Peace has a big issue: It is a very expensive parcel which also slopes a lot.
She proposed to make two parcels that are high at the level of the Via Luna (with houses that will be anchored on public land) and save some land for a Garden at the bank level and ... polemic bit now... the difference in height can be filled with a wall which can have niches... statues, fountain, murals, creepers... whatever
Or a very baroque grotto water garden like the Lisbon's major water reservoir in the 18th C, Mãe d'agua (Mother of Water) or the basilica cistern in Istanbul.
[2024/03/23 11:12] Rosie Gray: there was a bit of discussion around the options for this one
[2024/03/23 11:13] Rosie Gray: next step is for Moon to post these ideas for review by the CDS citizens
[2024/03/23 11:13] Gwyneth Llewelyn: 👏
[2024/03/23 11:13] Rosie Gray: and then we tabled the rest of the agenda for the next meeting, to be held March 30 at 10:00 am slt
[2024/03/23 11:13] Moon Adamant: Thanks Rosie for that very good sum up, and yes, I am sorry I haven't written a post yet :-( :-( :-(
[2024/03/23 11:13] Rosie Gray: done
[2024/03/23 11:14] Almut Brunswick: Thank you, Rosie. Any questions right now?
[2024/03/23 11:14] Gwyneth Llewelyn: /me loves the ideas!
[2024/03/23 11:14] Jerry McNally: Not a question but looking forward to seeing more
[2024/03/23 11:14] Gwyneth Llewelyn: hear, hear!
[2024/03/23 11:14] Jerry McNally: sounds really interesting!
[2024/03/23 11:15] Almut Brunswick: Nods, I do agree. March 30 is the Saturday just before Easter. I hope that I can make it.
[2024/03/23 11:15] Rosie Gray: I think these changes, if acceptable, would make a big difference to both of these areas
[2024/03/23 11:15] Kyoko Jarvinen-Barzane (samara.barzane): I agree
[2024/03/23 11:16] Almut Brunswick: Nods, the changes are sounding thoughtful
[2024/03/23 11:16] Almut Brunswick: Shall we continue?
[2024/03/23 11:16] Rosie Gray: /me nods
[2024/03/23 11:16] Almut Brunswick: 5 Citizen Concerns
[2024/03/23 11:16] Gwyneth Llewelyn: Only 5? hehe
[2024/03/23 11:16] Almut Brunswick: (Rosie, we already had covered 4)
[2024/03/23 11:17] Almut Brunswick: Yes, the usual suspicious, Gwyn
[2024/03/23 11:17] Gwyneth Llewelyn: hehe
[2024/03/23 11:17] Agatha Macbeth: /me isn't concerned about anything
[2024/03/23 11:17] Jerry McNally: quiet citizens are happy citizens?
[2024/03/23 11:17] Rosie Gray: oh okay... was wondering
[2024/03/23 11:17] Almut Brunswick: Are there any concerns on behalf of the citizenship?
[2024/03/23 11:17] Gwyneth Llewelyn: /me tries to add herself to the list
[2024/03/23 11:17] Almut Brunswick: Ok then... 6 RA Member Concerns
[2024/03/23 11:18] Rosie Gray: I have a concern
[2024/03/23 11:18] Gwyneth Llewelyn: /me was too slow!
[2024/03/23 11:18] Jerry McNally: /me raises a hand, after Rosie
[2024/03/23 11:18] Almut Brunswick: (Gwyn, you are already on fist position)
[2024/03/23 11:18] Rosie Gray: oh Gwyn, sorry did you have a concern?
[2024/03/23 11:18] Almut Brunswick: Rosie please
[2024/03/23 11:18] Gwyneth Llewelyn: Nothing terribly important, it can be for the next meeting
[2024/03/23 11:18] Rosie Gray: okay
[2024/03/23 11:19] Rosie Gray: right... well my concern is about the rather exuberant use of the Studio59 area on the outside
[2024/03/23 11:20] Rosie Gray: and I know that some of it has been addressed already (this was brought up on the Discord channel already)
[2024/03/23 11:20] Kyoko Jarvinen-Barzane (samara.barzane): agrees with Rosie
[2024/03/23 11:20] Rosie Gray: and, being aware that we don't want to rain on anyone's parade.... but
[2024/03/23 11:20] Rosie Gray: we have covenants for a reason
[2024/03/23 11:20] Almut Brunswick: Who is the responsible for that plot?
[2024/03/23 11:20] Rosie Gray: and I would really like to see them adhered to
[2024/03/23 11:21] Rosie Gray: Joanne
[2024/03/23 11:21] Moon Adamant: /me raises her hand
[2024/03/23 11:21] Almut Brunswick: Then it should be a matter for the Chancellor and the EMs
[2024/03/23 11:21] Rosie Gray: currently there is a large screen on the roof of the building
[2024/03/23 11:21] Almut Brunswick: (Moon after Jerry)
[2024/03/23 11:21] Rosie Gray: which doesn't fit with the covenant
[2024/03/23 11:21] Gwyneth Llewelyn: /me *snickers*
[2024/03/23 11:22] Rosie Gray: done
[2024/03/23 11:22] Almut Brunswick: Rosie, you are an EM. When there the covenant is disrespected, you should have all right to intervene after you will have spoken to Tor.
[2024/03/23 11:23] Rosie Gray: it's not quite that simple, Almut
[2024/03/23 11:23] Rosie Gray: there's a significant language barrier
[2024/03/23 11:23] Rosie Gray: anyway, perhaps Moon can say something about it?
[2024/03/23 11:24] Almut Brunswick: Jerry first, then Moon
[2024/03/23 11:24] Jerry McNally: I'm happy to defer to Moon, if it relates to this topic, rather than fracture the discussion
[2024/03/23 11:24] Almut Brunswick: Ok, thank you
[2024/03/23 11:24] Almut Brunswick: Moon, your turn. Afterwards, Jerry
[2024/03/23 11:25] Moon Adamant: ah, thanks Jerry
[2024/03/23 11:25] Moon Adamant: yes, it relate sto this dicussion
[2024/03/23 11:26] Moon Adamant: I want to point out that the language barrier works in two ways, and I have been helping Joanne overcome that barrier
[2024/03/23 11:26] Moon Adamant: if you ask Joanne to correct anything, she will correct it
[2024/03/23 11:27] Kyoko Jarvinen-Barzane (samara.barzane): her English is getting better slowly
[2024/03/23 11:28] Almut Brunswick: Aren't you an EM, too?
[2024/03/23 11:28] Moon Adamant: we have set a skybox over the StudioART parcel so that she can work on her things without having to remove them to inventory when she leaves -- which was what failed to do the other day
[2024/03/23 11:28] Moon Adamant: yes, I am
[2024/03/23 11:29] Moon Adamant: and justly so, I talk to her to correct what needs to be corrected
[2024/03/23 11:29] Almut Brunswick: Then you could perform this diplomatically delicate task better in your native language
[2024/03/23 11:29] Rosie Gray: /me nods hopefully
[2024/03/23 11:29] Moon Adamant: yes, I can and I do it ㋡
[2024/03/23 11:30] Almut Brunswick: Just imagine me in that role ("We have ways to make you obey to the covenants... " ^^)
[2024/03/23 11:30] Almut Brunswick: Thank you
[2024/03/23 11:30] Moon Adamant: but i would like to say something more
[2024/03/23 11:30] Almut Brunswick: Sure
[2024/03/23 11:31] Moon Adamant: covenants are somewhat abstract texts, that are passive of interpretation
[2024/03/23 11:32] Moon Adamant: to my reading, they do not mean that the CDS citizens should live in a pre-1914 state
[2024/03/23 11:32] Moon Adamant: that would be more akin to a RPG community
[2024/03/23 11:32] Almut Brunswick: Right, and more like Paris 1900 then which is not the case.
[2024/03/23 11:33] Moon Adamant: I read them in teh sense that we find ourselves in a territory which was stabilized about 1914, but we live our contemporary lives in it
[2024/03/23 11:34] Moon Adamant: so, we are doing the best we can
[2024/03/23 11:35] Moon Adamant: the screen at the terrace of the gallery doesn't annoy me as long as it is off when it is not being used
[2024/03/23 11:36] Moon Adamant: and I can confidently say that anyone can talk with Joanne, express concerns, and offer help ㋡
[2024/03/23 11:37] Moon Adamant: for example, maybe the studio could do with a lighting script that responds to the daily cycle, and that would prevent lights being turned on, and then peopel forgetting about them
[2024/03/23 11:38] Moon Adamant: done, thank you ㋡
[2024/03/23 11:38] Rosie Gray: thanks Moon, and I do agree with you that we are not trying to live pre 1914!
[2024/03/23 11:38] Moon Adamant: ㋡
[2024/03/23 11:38] Rosie Gray: I do want to point out that there is a specific part of the LA covenant though
[2024/03/23 11:39] Rosie Gray: 4. Any permanent posters and signage on the exteriors must be consistent in size and style with the region theme. Full Bright is not allowed. Media must be restricted to the parcel (Sound> Media: Restrict MOAP to this parcel).
[2024/03/23 11:39] Rosie Gray: so, to me the large screen isn't conforming with this, even if it's turned off
[2024/03/23 11:39] Kyoko Jarvinen-Barzane (samara.barzane): agrees with Rosie
[2024/03/23 11:39] Moon Adamant: well, then what about doing a screen in steel architecture?
[2024/03/23 11:40] Rosie Gray: 6. All building exteriors must use pre-industrial materials, namely:
a. Structural elements: stone, wood, terracotta, clay, brick or marble
b. Roofing elements: wood, slate or terracotta shingles
c. Flooring elements: terracotta, marble, stone, brick, mosaic tile or wood.
d. Wall elements: stone, clay, brick, terracotta, stucco or wood.
e. Door and window elements: wood or metals, raw or painted.
f. Large panes of glass must be partitioned by appropriate framing.
[2024/03/23 11:40] Rosie Gray: that's also from the LA covenant
[2024/03/23 11:40] Moon Adamant: sorry, i am trying to translate this term
[2024/03/23 11:41] Rosie Gray: I know it's a sensitive topic to broach with someone who obviously loves big bright screens, but the simple truth of it is that it doesn't fit the theme of our regions
[2024/03/23 11:41] Rosie Gray: not to have there permanently, anyway
[2024/03/23 11:41] Kyoko Jarvinen-Barzane (samara.barzane): I think it should be in a sky box
[2024/03/23 11:42] Jerry McNally: /me wonders if it could just be moved indoors?
[2024/03/23 11:42] Rosie Gray: and I'd like to just say that it wasn't me who brought this up originally, but someone who lives within viewing distance of it
[2024/03/23 11:42] Rosie Gray: yes, indoors or in a skybox
[2024/03/23 11:42] Rosie Gray: that's what we've always adhered to
[2024/03/23 11:43] Moon Adamant: then ask Joanne about doing it
[2024/03/23 11:43] Rosie Gray: I have tried to discuss these things... and she is a lovely person
[2024/03/23 11:43] Rosie Gray: but I really find I'm not able to make it clear that it's not allowed, without being overly blunt which is something I don't want to do
[2024/03/23 11:44] Moon Adamant: (mind that cast iron was used extensively from late 19th. c,)
[2024/03/23 11:44] Rosie Gray: yes, but it's still a massive screen we're talking about
[2024/03/23 11:44] Rosie Gray: anyway, I've made my point so I let it rest
[2024/03/23 11:44] Jerry McNally: /me now thinks the EMs should all just get together to discuss how to resolve this with the Chancellor. Is this really an RA thing?
[2024/03/23 11:45] Kyoko Jarvinen-Barzane (samara.barzane): not an RA thing
[2024/03/23 11:45] Almut Brunswick: I think this is the forum to bring it up. However, we just can assign that task for resolving to the executive.
[2024/03/23 11:46] Gwyneth Llewelyn: Well, Covenants *are* a RA thing
[2024/03/23 11:46] Jerry McNally: Sounds like it was probably a Citizen Concern origianlly
[2024/03/23 11:46] Kyoko Jarvinen-Barzane (samara.barzane): and Just A rOSIE WAS LATE. i MUST LEAVE EARLY
[2024/03/23 11:46] Almut Brunswick: Yes it was
[2024/03/23 11:46] Kyoko Jarvinen-Barzane (samara.barzane): Please excuse me
[2024/03/23 11:46] Rosie Gray: bye Kyoko
[2024/03/23 11:46] Almut Brunswick: Ok, then let's continue. I'm looking on the clock.
[2024/03/23 11:46] Moon Adamant: I have offered to translate the covenant using DeepEl, and review, it may help
[2024/03/23 11:46] Gwyneth Llewelyn: Cheers Kyoko :)
[2024/03/23 11:46] Agatha Macbeth: Be well
[2024/03/23 11:46] Jerry McNally: see you
[2024/03/23 11:46] Almut Brunswick: Bye Kyoko
[2024/03/23 11:46] Moon Adamant: cheers Kyoko ㋡
[2024/03/23 11:47] Almut Brunswick: Shall we continue?
[2024/03/23 11:47] Rosie Gray: /me nods
[2024/03/23 11:47] Almut Brunswick: 6 RA Member Concerns
[2024/03/23 11:47] Jerry McNally: I had one
[2024/03/23 11:47] Almut Brunswick: Jerry please
[2024/03/23 11:48] Jerry McNally: It was just about RA attendance again, really, and whether we could get something from the Chancellor if he/she knows they won't be at a meeting
[2024/03/23 11:49] Jerry McNally: it feels lilke we're often thin on the ground
[2024/03/23 11:49] Almut Brunswick: Yes, I do fully agree
[2024/03/23 11:49] Rosie Gray: oh true
[2024/03/23 11:49] Jerry McNally: what with the SC not bothering as well
[2024/03/23 11:49] Rosie Gray: I think the SC is thin on the ground as well
[2024/03/23 11:49] Almut Brunswick: the Chancellors attendance is actually obligatory
[2024/03/23 11:49] Gwyneth Llewelyn: hehe the RA is stashed into a corner and let do whatever they want to do so long as they behave and don't bother anybody :)
[2024/03/23 11:50] Jerry McNally: maybe I, as archivist, could send the minutes directly to the relevant people ahead of the next meeting, to make them aware of any actions?
[2024/03/23 11:50] Jerry McNally: done
[2024/03/23 11:50] Gwyneth Llewelyn: Oh, and get the Chancellor an alarm clock
[2024/03/23 11:50] Almut Brunswick: Thin on the ground is a very polite circumscription for totally ignoring the legislative power in this community :D
[2024/03/23 11:50] Rosie Gray: if you don't mind taking that on, that sounds like a good idea Jerry
[2024/03/23 11:51] Almut Brunswick: Yes, that may help, or is at least worth a try
[2024/03/23 11:51] Jerry McNally: I guess we can't rely on people visiting the forums in advance and making sure they're up to date with things
[2024/03/23 11:52] Almut Brunswick: On the other hand, and like I said earlier, we should not spoil people too much and run behind them
[2024/03/23 11:52] Almut Brunswick: Discord might be a nice addition, but the Forum is still the official channel
[2024/03/23 11:52] Gwyneth Llewelyn: ㋡
[2024/03/23 11:53] Jerry McNally: As you say Almut, it's in the Constitution https://cdsdemocracy.org/governance/cds-constitution/#ii:~:text=(a)%C2%A0%20Each%20month,the%20Representative%20Assembly.
[2024/03/23 11:53] Almut Brunswick: Otherwise, people use the multi-channel way of communication as their excuse for not reacting in due time
[2024/03/23 11:54] Jerry McNally: Anyway, done, let's more on
[2024/03/23 11:54] Almut Brunswick: Ok
[2024/03/23 11:54] Almut Brunswick: Any other complaints, notes or concerns?
[2024/03/23 11:55] Rosie Gray: not from me
[2024/03/23 11:55] Almut Brunswick: Then let's move on with 7 Announcements:
[2024/03/23 11:55] Almut Brunswick: Tori was so kind to give me a NC with her MoCA announcements:
[2024/03/23 11:55] Almut Brunswick: Hi everyone,

1) The museum's garden has been renovated and is now in use as sculpture garden. It is currently playing host to an exhibition for International Women's Day.

2) The 4 events (party, talk and 2 tours) have been well attended with attendees expressing interest in CDS too.

3) Another event is planned to start next weekend hopefully - an egg hunt for the galleries and museum. Each egg will, when clicked upon, will not only give a gift and the landmark of the place it is at but also in local chat give an art fact. This will bring people to the galleries and also meets our requirements to provide educational events as part of our membership of VWEC.

4) There is the possibly of another AI & I event later in April before the exhibition closes.

5) Many thanks to Moon, Tor and Delia for their support at the events and also the wider support of the community since I was elected as Curator by the RA back in January.
[2024/03/23 11:56] Jerry McNally: That egg hunt sounds great!
[2024/03/23 11:56] Almut Brunswick: Yes:D
[2024/03/23 11:56] Rosie Gray: awh, very nice!
[2024/03/23 11:56] Moon Adamant: looking forward to it ㋡
[2024/03/23 11:56] Agatha Macbeth: Egg-xactly
[2024/03/23 11:56] Almut Brunswick: hehe
[2024/03/23 11:56] Jerry McNally: No yoke, Agatha!
[2024/03/23 11:56] Rosie Gray: ugh
[2024/03/23 11:56] Agatha Macbeth: Indeed
[2024/03/23 11:56] Rosie Gray: lol
[2024/03/23 11:57] Moon Adamant: /me raises hand: can I remind people about the Lotus Flower party tomorrow?
[2024/03/23 11:57] Almut Brunswick: And I'm looking forward to that other AI & I event after I had missed all previous ones.
[2024/03/23 11:57] Almut Brunswick: Oh sure, thank you! Do I need to borrow a kimono from Kyoko for this?
[2024/03/23 11:57] Rosie Gray: I'd love to see you in a kimono, Almut! :D
[2024/03/23 11:58] Almut Brunswick: (Ha, that was the usual kimono joke placed in this meeting now)
[2024/03/23 11:58] Agatha Macbeth: With a ski helmet
[2024/03/23 11:58] Moon Adamant: ehehe you can check the dress code on the HUD which I will send in a few minutes ㋡
[2024/03/23 11:58] Almut Brunswick: Or a spiked helmet to show my actual nationality :D
[2024/03/23 11:58] Moon Adamant: ok, so tomorrow Sun Mar 24, noon SLT
[2024/03/23 11:59] Rosie Gray: I do hope to be able to attend that!
[2024/03/23 11:59] Almut Brunswick: "Meet Moon at noon!" - easy to remember
[2024/03/23 11:59] Moon Adamant: closing party for closing party for LOTUS FLOWER
[2024/03/23 11:59] Agatha Macbeth: Closing?
[2024/03/23 11:59] Rosie Gray: for this installation, I believe
[2024/03/23 12:00] Agatha Macbeth: Oh
[2024/03/23 12:00] Almut Brunswick: I'll try to be there
[2024/03/23 12:00] Almut Brunswick: * Calendar: https://cdsdemocracy.org/cds-events/
[2024/03/23 12:00] Moon Adamant: Lotus Flower is our Citizen Yan's latest exhibition, and we will gather there to see the art while listening to Dj Mandry's music ㋡
[2024/03/23 12:00] Moon Adamant: yes, this exhibition has been tehre for a couple of months
[2024/03/23 12:00] Agatha Macbeth: Ah Mandry Please :p
[2024/03/23 12:01] Moon Adamant: btw, a reminder that CDS can help citizens promote their events and initiatives -- just let us know!
[2024/03/23 12:01] Almut Brunswick: Somebody really needs to grab my hand for guiding me to such exhibitions and events. By default, I use to miss them.
[2024/03/23 12:01] Rosie Gray: you can see them all posted on the CDS calendar, Almut
[2024/03/23 12:02] Rosie Gray: all in one place ㋡
[2024/03/23 12:02] Almut Brunswick: Rosie, of course I can see them there
[2024/03/23 12:02] Moon Adamant: ehehe don't miss this one tomorrow ㋡
[2024/03/23 12:02] Almut Brunswick: That was not my point :D
[2024/03/23 12:02] Agatha Macbeth: But she has to look first XD
[2024/03/23 12:02] Rosie Gray: indeed!
[2024/03/23 12:02] Moon Adamant: thanks for the opportunity, I will send a notice later but always best to tell you live ㋡
[2024/03/23 12:02] Rosie Gray: ah, so you want a personal assistant then
[2024/03/23 12:02] Almut Brunswick: Yes indeed!
[2024/03/23 12:03] Gwyneth Llewelyn: And how much do you pay per hour, Almut? :)
[2024/03/23 12:03] Almut Brunswick: Well, for example, this AI & I exhibition experienced by myself was ... I was just confised.
[2024/03/23 12:03] Almut Brunswick: confused*
[2024/03/23 12:03] Rosie Gray: I'm open for Personal Assistant position, at a reasonable rate!
[2024/03/23 12:03] Moon Adamant: lol
[2024/03/23 12:04] Gwyneth Llewelyn: hehe
[2024/03/23 12:04] Almut Brunswick: I pay 60 minutes per hour:D
[2024/03/23 12:04] Gwyneth Llewelyn: Make it 120 and we have a deal!
[2024/03/23 12:04] Rosie Gray: hehe
[2024/03/23 12:04] Gwyneth Llewelyn: /me *needs* 48-hour days
[2024/03/23 12:04] Almut Brunswick: hehe - ok, deal!
[2024/03/23 12:04] Moon Adamant: there's a problem with fiat there, me thinks ㋡
[2024/03/23 12:04] Almut Brunswick: Ok, we are almost done:
[2024/03/23 12:04] Almut Brunswick: 8 Next RA meeting (to be discussed)
* Proposal: Saturday, April 13, 2024, 10:30 AM SLT
[2024/03/23 12:05] Gwyneth Llewelyn: I don't think why there is a problem. People exchange worthless bits of information for trillions of dollars
[2024/03/23 12:05] Gwyneth Llewelyn: Oh sorry — I thought it was already over hehe
[2024/03/23 12:05] Gwyneth Llewelyn: /me shuts up
[2024/03/23 12:05] Jerry McNally: That date's good with me
[2024/03/23 12:06] Almut Brunswick: It was a conversation somewhere between RA Member Concerns and Announcements...alll good
[2024/03/23 12:06] Almut Brunswick: Rosie, what about you?
[2024/03/23 12:06] Rosie Gray: yes, it's good for me as well
[2024/03/23 12:06] Almut Brunswick: Then let's put it in the calendar
[2024/03/23 12:07] Rosie Gray: I'll do that right now
[2024/03/23 12:07] Gwyneth Llewelyn: :)
[2024/03/23 12:07] Almut Brunswick: Remember that this will be synchronized with the American daylight saving frenzy again.
[2024/03/23 12:07] Almut Brunswick: Thank you
[2024/03/23 12:07] Gwyneth Llewelyn: Hallelujah!
[2024/03/23 12:07] Agatha Macbeth: Woot
[2024/03/23 12:07] Almut Brunswick: 9 Adjourn
[2024/03/23 12:07] Almut Brunswick: Thank you for being here. The meeting is adjourned.

Post Reply

Return to “Representative Assembly Announcements”