Counting Chancellors and RA members

Here you might discuss basically everything.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Jerry McNally
Passionate Protagonist
Passionate Protagonist

Counting Chancellors and RA members

Post by Jerry McNally »

Just out of interest, I've been looking at two pages on the CDS website, Current and former Chancellors and Current and former RA members, to get a sense of who they are, how many times they've had a go, and whether they're still around. I copied the names into a Google Sheet and counted them up.

You can see all the names on the pivot tables on the different tabs, but basically across the 20 years and 40 terms, we've only had 16 different citizens be Chancellors (some more times than others) and seven of them are still here. And we've had 84 different citizens be RA members (some more times than others), and 24 of them are still here.

(A caveat here would be that some citizens' names have changed since they first appeared on those webpages and may now not match with the latest census. I've adjusted the ones I know about in my spreadsheet, but I may have missed some.)

Lilith Ivory
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Re: Counting Chancellors and RA members

Post by Lilith Ivory »

WOW! that*s interesting.
Amazing work Jerry

"The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it."
Terry Pratchett
Sudane Erato
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Sudane Erato »

Wow again! Really interesting.

I didn't know that we actually had the lists... that in itself is amazing. But in that list, I am quite certain that al-Andalus was not a person, and therefore not really an RA member. al-Andalus was an estate which for awhile was administratively attached to the CDS... I remember the map arrangement but not the legal arrangement. It was not also a person.

Sudane...................

*** Confirmed Grump ***
Profile: http://bit.ly/p9ASqg
Lilith Ivory
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Lilith Ivory »

Ah yes! I have to agree with Sudane. The 11th term was the first after the merger agreement with Al Andalus and members of both estates were listed seperately.

The correct list should look like this:

CDS Representatives:
• Cindy Ecksol – LRA
• Arria Perreault
• Gwyneth Llewelyn
• Pip Torok
• Robert Galland
• Sonja Strom
• Soro Dagostino

AL Andalus Representatives:
• Micael Khandr
• Carolyn Saarinen
• Wasp Thor
• StuiChicanne Darkstone
• Joaquin Gustav
• Naftali Torok

If I remember correctly each estate got one RA rep per 10 citizens and in this term elections were held seperatly. CDS using our election system while Al Andalus used theirs.

"The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it."
Terry Pratchett
Rosie Gray
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Rosie Gray »

Sudane Erato wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 4:23 am

I didn't know that we actually had the lists... that in itself is amazing.
Sudane...................

When I first started helping Mizou with the website (years ago now) I researched who had been on the RA and who had been Chancellor, then created the postings to keep track. Frankly, I was amazed that it hadn't been done before!

"Courage, my friend, it's not too late to make the world a better place."
~ Tommy Douglas
Jerry McNally
Passionate Protagonist
Passionate Protagonist

Post by Jerry McNally »

Rosie Gray wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 11:36 pm

When I first started helping Mizou with the website (years ago now) I researched who had been on the RA and who had been Chancellor, then created the postings to keep track. Frankly, I was amazed that it hadn't been done before!

Thanks Sudane and Lilith for the explanation of the Al Andalus link, I've corrected the page. It may have gone awry when I was moving it to the new design, sorry about that Rosie.

Delia Lake
Dean of the SC
Dean of the SC

Post by Delia Lake »

It was fun to look back through the history of the people who served our government. Thanks for doing this, Jerry.

Return to “General Discussion”