Inauguration Ball of the 41st Term -- Sun June 2nd, noon SLT

Announcements of activities and events in CDS.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Moon Adamant
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Inauguration Ball of the 41st Term -- Sun June 2nd, noon SLT

Post by Moon Adamant »

Join us for 🎶 Blue Notes at the Schloss 🎶 as we celebrate the start of another term of office in our community!
DJ Calli will spin an entrancing set -- dress to impress and join us for music, dance and fun this Sunday June 2nd from noon SLT at the Schloss Neufreistadt.

Inauguration Ball Term 41 poster.png
Eudaimonia now!
Almut Brunswick
LRA
LRA

Re: Inauguration Ball of the 41st Term -- Sun June 2nd, noon SLT

Post by Almut Brunswick »

I'm dreadful sorry that I couldn't make it to the ball, but the announcement was too late and so I couldn't change my RL appointments for the afternoon anymore.

For the future, please announce those events at least one week in advance or even earlier. Thank you!

Almut

Moon Adamant
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by Moon Adamant »

Hi Almut,

Please check the CDS calendar of events for that kind of anticipation. Most events are placed on the calendar with weeks in advance.
For example, if you look right now, you'll see an event for Amanda Tamatzui's gallery booked for June 16, and an event booked for the 23rd for Studio 59 Art Gallery.
They don't have details yet, and that's why the group notices only go out closer to the events -- when all details are arranged, so we don't need to send update notices (possibly confusing). But in any case, using the CDS calendar, people know they can expect events on the 16th and on the 23rd.

We have other ways too for keeping abreast of events:
-- the CDS Commons at Discord is a very good option, as you can check the event and it will send you a reminder when it starts
-- CDS in Facebook will do the same
-- and finally, you can subscribe to the CDS Subscriber, using the Subscribe panels that are next to the Kiosks in our urban cores. The Subscriber will send you a note as we post it if you are online, or you'll get it the next time you login.

Hope this helps!

Eudaimonia now!
Almut Brunswick
LRA
LRA

Post by Almut Brunswick »

Hello Moon,

I've checked the CDS Google Calendar in the last week of May right after we had the last RA meeting to make Tor's candidacy possible. At that time, there was only the Blender class on Saturday in the Calendar (next time I will better take a screenshot to prove). It was thus not weeks in advance in the calendar or not visible due to unknown reasons for me.

The Forum post was published on May 30. That is not really weeks in advance.

I think everybody in the CDS knows that I'm not on FB, and that I'm just a sporadic Discord user. Therefore, apparently the only way is to use the CDS Subscriber. When the CDS Subscriber would be feeded just shortly before the event, the basic problem of late scheduling won't be solved.

Therefore my proposal for the future: We include the Inauguration Ball date in the election calendar as the last milestone of the procedure (for example the first Saturday or Sunday after the start of the new term), so that it is really clear long in advance when this central bi-annual event takes place, and any delays or doubts in communication may be avoided.

Thank you,

Almut

Lilith Ivory
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Lilith Ivory »

I think the SC can certainly do that Almut.
But since the SC does not organize the ball it can only be a suggestion.

"The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it."
Terry Pratchett
Moon Adamant
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by Moon Adamant »

A correction here: this Sunday June 23 will be the Photo Contest Party instead... events swapped.
Stay tuned in our Calendar as events show there first of all :-)

Eudaimonia now!
Moon Adamant
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by Moon Adamant »

And another update: The Studio59 ART event won't take place this weekend (June 29-30), it will move to a later date in July TBA.

Eudaimonia now!

Return to “Events in CDS”