new sim bill

Proposals for legislation and discussions of these

Moderator: SC Moderators

cleopatraxigalia
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

new sim bill

Post by cleopatraxigalia »

1. All CDS Factions agree on the need to expand the number of sims owned by our community and increase our population. It is also agreed that the most efficient way to proceed is to expand the Colonia Nova and Neufreistadt clusters as defineed in Moon Adamant's chart entitled: Master Plan Sim Influence (Map 1), as approved by the RA.

2. The RA requests the Guild to develop, on the basis of the RA-approved Moon Adamant Map entitled Master Plan Topography (Map 2), a detailed topographical map (Projected Map) of the following four sims: the three sims highlighted in orange on Map 1, as well as the sim outlined in orange in the upper north-east corner of the Colonia Nova cluster in Map 1. The maps will be submitted to the RA for consideration and approval

3. The Projected Map will include:

a. detailed shorelines (if any) of the sims;
b. detailed river(s), lakes, waterways;
c. main roadways connecting the sims with each other and with Colonia Nova;
d. all topograhical data required to generate functional SL maps of the four future sims.

4. The Projected Map will NOT include:

1. any division of the land in lots for purpose of sale;
2. any consideration of public versus private lans;
3. any projected buildings, structures, or special-purpose areas.

5. The Guild is requested to submit the Projected Map for RA's consideration by March 15, 2008.

Cleo
Salzie Sachertorte
Passionate Protagonist
Passionate Protagonist

Re: new sim bill

Post by Salzie Sachertorte »

Hmm, seems some discussion should be in order regarding the development of sims, rather then presenting a bill outlining your own desires.

And even though you state sim expansion is wanted be all of the factions, I don't remember any of the factions asking the citizens if that is their desire.

Once again, for the record, I am oppose to sim development until the CDS gets its house in order. That is a common vision for the CDS, rather than willy-nilly expansion by feuding factions.

cleopatraxigalia
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by cleopatraxigalia »

Salzie,

I am so confused , please say exactly what needs to be repaired first .. are you saying
you think the factions should all get along before we grow?
if so thats never gonna happen. if the USA waited for what are now the republicans and democrats to get along we would still be 13 colonies ............

and actually the draft bill does not preclude any RA discussion or citizen consultation.infact, it encourages and opens that up... it simply requests that the guild present the RA with a draft topo plan of the next 4 sims in order to allow the RA and the citizens to conduct these discussions based on concrete draft plans, which can be amended and changed as desired. once a decision is made such advance work will allow CDS to move quickly with the new sim or sims - if that isthe decisionwe reach as a community

also we can fix the so called out of order house... simultaneously.....that is an ongoing process and why we exist, why our constitution and laws are dynamic and ever changing... dread teh day there is total agreement Salz, thats the day we start to slowly die

Cleo
Beathan
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Beathan »

Salzie --

I understood your concern about "getting our house in order" to be a request that we develop a coherent plan for expansion before expanding, so we don't expand "willy nilly." As I see it, this proposal is aimed at doing just that. What did I miss?

Beathan

Let's keep things simple enough to be fair, substantive enough to be effective, and insightful enough to be good.
Patroklus Murakami
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Patroklus Murakami »

I'm puzzled about the requirement to commission topography etc but not plot divisions etc. What's the rationale for that?

In my post about streamlining 'in theme' expansion here I suggested that both these tasks (and some others) should take place at the same time in Phase I. The reason for this is so that we have a reasonably firm plan on which to do essential market research and check that there is sufficient demand to justify the expansion. No one's raised any objections to that in the thread. Is there a reason why we shouldn't do this all one go at the start of the process? It would seem to make sense if we are to do this as efficiently as possible.

Honi soit qui mal y pense

Return to “Legislative Discussion”