A Goodbye and Thanks for all the Fish

Here you might discuss basically everything.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Diderot Mirabeau
Master Word Wielder
Master Word Wielder

A Goodbye and Thanks for all the Fish

Post by Diderot Mirabeau »

Dear Fellow Citizens

With this notice I am officially announcing my withdrawal from active duty in the CDS.

Since I joined the little town then known as Neualtenburg back in early 2006 our community has gone through many interesting and positive developments. We have prospered in population and our citizens have shown much creative endeavour, our government has matured and territorial expansion and civil society innovation has abounded.

I am grateful to have been able to participate in the flourishing experiment that is the Confederation of Democratic Simulators and I am honoured to see that in the few areas to which I have been able to contribute it has been generally viewed as something positive.

However, my real life circumstances are developing to a point where I can no longer carry with a straight face the guilt of shirking my duties as a government official in the Scientific Council, as a wannabe-PIO or an activist in the Simplicity Party. I am about to embark on a quest for new job to lay the foundation for a renewal of my professional career and my girlfriend and I will be taking decisions about our housing situation that may well require a lot of time and effort to carry out. Additionally, my grassroots involvement continues to require much involvement from me. It has been obvious to me for at least a month now that I am no longer able to involve myself as intensively in the community as I would like and that I see as necessary in order to carry out my duties. And so it is time for me to let go and pass on the torch to someone else.

I will therefore have to resign from the abovementioned capacities effective immediately. I will furthermore be donating my properties in Neufreistadt and Colonia Nova back to the city except for the Waterfall Society Showroom in Colonia Nova, where I hope to be able to make an occasional appearance now and then in the future to catch up with old acquaintances and hear gossip and stories about the never-ending development of the community that is the CDS.

I'd like to apologise to everyone whom I have disappointed in recent times and thank you for your patience, understanding and for the welcoming and open-minded attitude that I have always experienced from you since my first day of citizenship. I am sorry to have to go but I hope to be able to see you around over a bier, a glass of wine or the unknown trademark beverage of our many future sims.

I wish you all good luck with the continuing development of the CDS. May you continue to prosper and provide Second Life with a unique experiment in virtual democracy.

Bis bald.

Arria Perreault
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Thanks for all the Fish

Post by Arria Perreault »

We did not speak many times, but I wish you all the best for your future.

Nikki
Seasoned debater
Seasoned debater

Post by Nikki »

Adieu Monsieur Mirabeau!
Thank you for everything you have done, which I know was a lot.
All the best with your RL, naturally!!
Hopefully we will continue to see you again when it is fun for you.
bis dann -
Nikki

Sleazy_Writer
Master Word Wielder
Master Word Wielder

Post by Sleazy_Writer »

It's really too bad you have to go Diderot,

Thanks for all the energy you put in our community among the many things being: defending simplicity and common sense, keeping in mind what the hell we're actually doing (=Science Council) and helping the MoCA with insights, friendly artist contacts and donations. I hope RL works out well for you and that 'bis bald' will be really bald!

--TOP.

Delia Lake
Dean of the SC
Dean of the SC

Post by Delia Lake »

I'm sad to see you leave, Diderot. Thanks for all you have done for the CDS. Best of luck in your new RL ventures, and i hope to run in to you from time to time in NFS or CN.

Delia

Pelanor Eldrich
Veteran debater
Veteran debater

Best Wishes Diderot!

Post by Pelanor Eldrich »

Diderot,

I want to thank you for your dedication and valuable contribution to the CDS. For those of you who don't know, Mirabeau Scribe wrote the template for all my mortgage and escrow contracts. Diderot was also responsible for the incorporation Act as well as the very important Banking Roadmap.

He has also served on the SC and done countless other things for the citizens and our virtual state including an important emphasis on keeping things as simple as possible.

He's also a great av, helpful and good to chat with. I'll miss you P.Diddy. Please be sure to check up on us now and again when time permits. All the best. -Pel

Pelanor Eldrich
Principal - Eldrich Financial

Return to “General Discussion”