I'm ok

Here you might discuss basically everything.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Flyingroc Chung
Passionate Protagonist
Passionate Protagonist

I'm ok

Post by Flyingroc Chung »

Some of you may have heard about the shootings at the campus of Virginia Tech, where I study. I'd just like to say that I am fine, but please keep in your thoughts and hearts the friends and family of the 22 people who died.

--Flyingroc Chung

Pelanor Eldrich
Veteran debater
Veteran debater

Thanks FRC

Post by Pelanor Eldrich »

You're the first person I thought of when I heard the news. We're glad you're ok. Our sympathies are with the families and friends of the victims. It's a tough day for Virginia Tech, Virginia and the US as a whole.

Pelanor Eldrich
Principal - Eldrich Financial
Patroklus Murakami
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Patroklus Murakami »

Glad to hear you're okay FR. I'm just finding out about it on the evening news here. It's a horrific tragedy. I can't imagine the sorrow of the friends and family of those who've been killed and injured. You're in my thoughts.

Sleazy_Writer
Master Word Wielder
Master Word Wielder

Post by Sleazy_Writer »

So senseless .. I'm glad you're ok. My thoughts are with the family and friends and with all other people robbed their of loved ones by madmen with guns.

Beathan
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Beathan »

FR --

Glad to hear that you are OK. I was very worried.

I was trying to avoid the "needs a hobby" label -- but this post is too important not to make it for such a petty, personal reason. Besides, I probably do need a hobby.

Beathan

Let's keep things simple enough to be fair, substantive enough to be effective, and insightful enough to be good.
Justice Soothsayer
Pundit
Pundit

Post by Justice Soothsayer »

FR - glad to hear that you are fine. Like on 9/11, thoughts immediately turn to friends who were nearby. After we pause in thanks that you were not harmed, I'm sure all of our thoughts turn to those who were senselessly lost in this tragedy.

Stay well, FR.

Nikki
Seasoned debater
Seasoned debater

Post by Nikki »

Yes, me too. I have not yet met you, but I also have found the situation very sad, and very difficult to understand.

Glad to know you are OK.

Nikki

Prokofy
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Prokofy »

I'm so glad you're safe, Flyingroc, and so horrified at the senseless carnage and loss of such promise. It's hard to think of anything appropriate to say at a time of truly epic tragedy.

I hope you can help us try to understand it. I have a rather controversial discussion going on my blog. You're not the average bear on SL, so perhaps you'll have some insights for us.

Return to “General Discussion”