MoCA The future of MoCA Neufreistadt

Here you might discuss basically everything.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Sleazy_Writer
Master Word Wielder
Master Word Wielder

MoCA The future of MoCA Neufreistadt

Post by Sleazy_Writer »

With my MoCA resignation, there's 1 person left to do MoCA's 'daily' work: MoCA's real work.

No one can expect 1 person to run a museum without getting crazy. Ofcourse MoCA will do serious efforts to find dedicated volunteers, but you know how it often is. Therefor I can only draw one conclusion, as factual as it gets, it's up to you you you and you, the citizens, to act if you want an active MoCA. The citizens get what they deserve :-)

I dare you to read this thread again in eight weeks and see how many people must do the real work at MoCA at that time. Prove me wrong :)

Delia Lake
Dean of the SC
Dean of the SC

The future of MoCA Neufreistadt

Post by Delia Lake »

It was with both sadness and gratitude that MoCA accepted TOP's resignation from MoCA. Without his dedicated work and resoursefulness as Assistant Curator, MoCA's exhibit and events would not have been nearly so successful.

We have been very gratified by the response and support from the CDS citizens too. And pleased by the great number of outsiders who have been drawn to NFS by MoCA and have joined the MoCA group. In my opinion, culture is the heart of a community. I hope that we can continue producing MoCA events at the same level of quality that we have been able to do so far. I will not be able to do that alone, though. I will need some volunteer help, at least in the short term.

We are updating the MoCA charter and will be posting it for comments soon. We will also be holding elections for MoCA trustees. If you would like to help with either of those and haven't joined already, please join our MoCA Neufreistadt group.

MoCA needs to have both a Curator and an Assistant Curator. TOP said that he really enjoyed doing the Assistant Curator job, and wrote for us his invitation for persons who might also like this kind of experience. in TOP's words:

Did you ever want to:
-Build your own exhibit?
-Show fellow art fans the art that you love?
-Find out what drives the artists?
-Hold a gratifying SL art event?
You can: MoCA Neufreistadt, having had a successful opening and well received Sculpture Walk in March, is now looking for volunteers to do this again. Yes this will require effort but good times are guaranteed!

Contact curator Delia Lake for more info.

Arria Perreault
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Culture

Post by Arria Perreault »

I agree with the idea that culture is important in a community. I think also that it is one of the successfull activities in CDS. As you maybe know, I have my own museum in Colonia Nova, dedicated to the culture of Antiquity. I work now on the concept of a new exhibition. The present exhibition will be closed on Friday. During May, I will use the space for project. In June, I will start to build the new exhibition.
For that reason, I cannot not be an assistant curator in MoCA. But I can help MoCA for modest tasks. Don't hesitate to ask ....

Delia Lake
Dean of the SC
Dean of the SC

Post by Delia Lake »

Thank you, Arria, for your offer. Perhaps we can meet inworld and discuss some things there.

Sleazy_Writer
Master Word Wielder
Master Word Wielder

Post by Sleazy_Writer »

[quote="TOPGenosse":cbqqv6z4]I dare you to read this thread again in eight weeks and see how many people must do the real work at MoCA at that time. Prove me wrong :)[/quote:cbqqv6z4]
OK, it's eight weeks later. From what I've heard from Delia, since then MoCA has only found a few 'small volunteers' (thanks Arria + Ulysse!) but no 'dedicated' volunteers, for larger projects. So there is still only one person running the museum.

I can only conclude that the CDS population is still too small for a resident run museum. And for this reason no one can expect the museum to have continuous exhibits, but rather expect it have very long dormant periods. Delia has some interesting plans to bring in dedicated people, so would the responsible people (R.S.?) please arrange a meeting?

The only other CDS resident I know who is really dedicated to art in SL is Rubaiyat. I don't understand why he chose [i:cbqqv6z4]not[/i:cbqqv6z4] to have his Ars Virtua gallery in the CDS. As for me, having bought some land here again, I want to work on some different SL projects, as was always the plan.

So .. volunteers: the weak link :?

Return to “General Discussion”