CDS Commons - Our New Discord Server

For the Chancellor to make important announcements regarding executive actions.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Tor Karlsvalt
Chancellor
Chancellor

CDS Commons - Our New Discord Server

Post by Tor Karlsvalt »

Greetings all:

CDS has a Discord server, CDS Commons. For the last few weeks, Ryonen Moon, Moon Adamant and myself have been working on creating/tweaking a Discord server for the CDS. Many of you helped with suggestions. And Mizou made a texture for the joiner. Thank you all!

A server is just the name given to an area established for a person or group. Sort of like Skype or Teams.

Ryonen set this up for us and is our Discord Engineer. (Our Title). She has been working with us other create the channels, roles and permissions. In the last two weeks many of us have joined the server as members.

Moon and I planned to use Discord for public relations. Chiefly, we intended it for the promotion of events and available land to those outside CDS. Many groups have Discord servers and allow promotion of events and even land. Bellisserians, one group known to all of us, allows event promotion. But there are several others, all with sizable memberships.

To our surprise Discord has been welcomed and we now have 32 members on our server. So it was a super soft rollout.

Now I am offering a link to anyone who might want to join the server. Once joined we will offer you a role if necessary. There are rows for RA SC, PIO, and EM. Each has its own channel if these roles choose to use Discord for communication or announcements.

We also have a channel for #land-sales and #beyond-cds. The maid chat channel is #community.

#community is like the CDS group chat. Anything and everything. It has been quite popular.

#land-sales is for posting CDS land openings and promotion.

#beyond-cds is for citizens to announce, events outside of CDS. These might include performances, exhibits, talks, gallery openings, etc. If you think the rest of CDS might be interested, post about it in #beyond-cds.

#help-improve-Commons is for you to offer suggestions on improving the CDS Commons server. Suggestions might include, adding another channel, changing permissions, rule changes, and more.

Use of Discord is voluntary. It is a tool. The Forum and Group Notices are still the official forms of communication. Indeed, many of our by-laws require notifications via the Forum, IM or Group Notice.
None of that changes.

So if you want to join the server you can follow this link: https://discord.gg/NQbGWtqXqu

Or if you are in world, touch any of the CDS Commons joiner boards we will place around CDS. There will be one at the skate party.

Pic of CDS Commons Discord joiner
Pic of CDS Commons Discord joiner

If you have a problem joining, your browser might be the problem. Duck Duck Go can block the joiner link from the board.

Feel free to ask Ryonen, Moon, or myself if you have questions.

Citizen

Return to “Executive Branch Announcements”