6 things... at least read the last one :)

Announcements of activities and events in CDS.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Rose Springvale
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

6 things... at least read the last one :)

Post by Rose Springvale »

I only get the courage and time to post here about once a month, so please forgive my wordiness and lumping together of many topics. (If you are inclined, feel free to break this apart into separate posts to appropriate places. I tried to post it elsewhere, but dont' have the "special" permissions required. Which is good as I have a tendency to break things!)

1. There has been reference for some time to a "sim opening" for Colonia Nova... at least since January... and since I only know what i've heard that is (an event run by LL?) i wonder if it is still planned? If so, any idea of when? or who to talk to to participate?

2. I would like to sponsor some live music concerts. I would like to use the CN amphitheatre.
a) is it allowed?
b) to whom do I speak? and
c) is this something that would be supported by the event allocation funds?
d) If the amphitheatre is not available, do i need any special permission to hold such an event on my land?

3. We will be back to exhibitions soon in the U & S offices. Maybe as soon as next week. We have a great time at these openings, have had 50-60 avis in attendance over the course, and even sold a little bit of art for the artists. We are thinking about a sculpture competition ... and would like to tie in to the "opening" if there is one. If not, maybe US Independence day. Theme would be something democracy oriented. you know, like, democracy...

4. The Emporium Romani should be finished (finally) today or tomorrow and we are looking for vendors. Our first choice would be 4 or 5 high quality designers, one per room. So far, every time I have contacted someone I think would be great, I discover they've recently bought their own island and are focusing on that. So if anyone has any ideas (or contacts) before we subdivide into smaller spaces and broaden our horizons, please let me know.

5. One other thought I've had re: the ER is to offer a room full of CDS goods... it seems to me that there are products all around CDS, but due to prim limits or whatever, no individual place has very much. What if we group together in one room of the ER and call it a CDS or Guild or whatever room? We will cover the rent in that space,(that means no charge to sellers) but would ask that a percent of profits be donated to the New Guild to give it a source of funding. Or if anyone wants to sell something that would benefit any CDS organization completely, that would be rent free as well (like the MOCA sunglasses, or maybe something for VPR?) Not looking to compete with anyone's current shop, just offer another source.

6. Thanks to all of you who work so hard for the CDS. Seems to me that no one says that enough.

Aliasi Stonebender
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Re: 6 things... at least read the last one :)

Post by Aliasi Stonebender »

[quote="Rose Springvale":34ubygk4]
1. There has been reference for some time to a "sim opening" for Colonia Nova... at least since January... and since I only know what i've heard that is (an event run by LL?) i wonder if it is still planned? If so, any idea of when? or who to talk to to participate?
[/quote:34ubygk4]

No, just an 'official' opening event. Which we never really held.

[quote:34ubygk4]
2. I would like to sponsor some live music concerts. I would like to use the CN amphitheatre.
a) is it allowed?
b) to whom do I speak? and
c) is this something that would be supported by the event allocation funds?
d) If the amphitheatre is not available, do i need any special permission to hold such an event on my land?
[/quote:34ubygk4]

It is very allowed, you speak to me, it certainly would be, and there is of course absolutely nothing wrong with holding it on your land either. It may be mildly easier to, since to use the Ampitheatre will require someone to set the parcel media stream to whatever server the musician is using, but it wouldn't be hard to fix something up.

Member of the Scientific Council and board moderator.
Sleazy_Writer
Master Word Wielder
Master Word Wielder

Re: 6 things... at least read the last one :)

Post by Sleazy_Writer »

Good to hear positive news from the Party Villa :)

[quote="Rose Springvale":1g6en7bf]We will be back to exhibitions soon in the U & S offices. Maybe as soon as next week. We are thinking about a sculpture competition[/quote:1g6en7bf]
Please IM me when it's indeed going to be a competition, these sculpties gave me some (gimmicky) but cool ideas.

PS. Rose, [url=http://forums.neufreistadt.info/viewtop ... 2:1g6en7bf]check my comments[/url:1g6en7bf] on your sim proposal. Cheers, --TOP.

Rose Springvale
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Thanks for replying TOP... of course you will hear about it. I don't send group messages, just to the people on my friends list, though this one will go through the artists groups I think. And of course post here.

Maybe someone will hold a class on working with sculpties as part of the competition...

Rose Springvale
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Great Aliasi!

My first choice is the Amphitheatre based on space and the seating arrangements. The time of the concert would most likely be around 5 or 6 slt. Who would be the best one to work with?

I'll try to find you in world. have a few more questions. :)

Shall we just pick a date and do our own sim opening party before we move to the next one? There are a lot of new people around and it would be nice to meet people before campaigning and elections are back in the forefront.

Raising hand to organize, help, whatever.

Return to “Events in CDS”