"What Was I Thinking Avatar" Party

Here you might discuss basically everything.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Bromo Ivory
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

"What Was I Thinking Avatar" Party

Post by Bromo Ivory »

I was going set up a dance party where you would have to come as your absolute WORST avatar - the one you never show anyone and you keep thinking you "ought to" delete it.

Any thoughts?

Perhaps on the Platz? Other venues?

==
"Nenia peno nek provo donos lakton de bovo."

Dnate Mars
Veteran debater
Veteran debater

Post by Dnate Mars »

Go for it! We need events!

Bromo Ivory
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Bromo Ivory »

OK -

Where: In the Platz (Pending the permisison of the Chancellor)
(Anyone have a dance machine we could use? Can we stream dance music temporarily in the Platz?)

When: a couple of weeks after the election?

Why: Bromo want's to see everyone's absolute WORST avatar and is willing to show you his in exchange.

How long? A couple of hours.

Enticement? Free Neufreistatbrau in the barrel on the Platz! :D (Might need a SL drink or two after seeing my newbie avatar!)

WHo is invited? Everyone - I plan on inviting a slew of non-CDS folks as well - maybe get one or two to settle in our SIM, too! :) [From the Dune SIM]

==

Beathan
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Beathan »

Bromo --

Brilliant! Hmmm... to think about my worst AV...

Wait, according to my wife, my usual purple-mohawked AV is my worst AV. LOL

Beathan

Let's keep things simple enough to be fair, substantive enough to be effective, and insightful enough to be good.
Rose Springvale
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Rose Springvale »

Bromo:

Depending on date and time, i'll be glad to help you.

Dance machines are free a lot of places, and i've got one you can use if you need it, as well as freebie dance bracelets. The chancellor or anyone with land controls can change the media stream if there is something you like.. if you want a dj or have a legal playlist you want to stream, i have purchased a private one with up to 1000 listeners i'm willing to share.

Several of us have been talking about getting more events going in the sims, and we could really use someone with EU taste and preferences to participate. I'll be away without broadband for a couple of weeks, but after that, (though no one needs to wait for me by any means!) we are thinking about a month of an event-a-day to see how it goes. If you are interested in working on a committee, im me or Brian Livingston. If you like the idea and don't want to work on it, yet would be willing to sponsor an event, let us know that as well. FYI, a good dj runs 600 to 1000L per hour and generally works in 2 hour increments. Live performers run from 2500 to 5000 per hour, with a definite quality increase at the higher end of the scale.

Some of the things we have chatted about include those mentioned, lectures, exhibits, game nights, and open mic events. i've also had discussions with people regarding an art fair, sculpture competition, festivals and rallies. (i'd personally love to do a peace rally, but :: ducking::: there isn't a lot of peace in the CDS these days.)

Thanks Bromo!

Nikki
Seasoned debater
Seasoned debater

Post by Nikki »

If we are interested in having a techno/trance DJ for the party, I know people who might be interested in providing the music for it (legally). :D

In case you are not certain what kind of music this is, here is a radio station from Switzerland in this style: http://www.tranceradio.ch

If you go to this web page, choose the button on it for the kind of music player you prefer and it should come up.

Last edited by Nikki on Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aliasi Stonebender
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by Aliasi Stonebender »

I'll pre-emptively give the party my blessing. Should be close to my last official act this term. :)

Member of the Scientific Council and board moderator.
Bromo Ivory
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Bromo Ivory »

OK -

So ... how does Saturday the 28th - in the NFS PLatz.

I would like to change the sound setting to something festive - and I have a freebie dance ball given to me by a friend.

So ... anyone have suggestions about the time?

==

Return to “General Discussion”