Voting for Chancellor

Here you might discuss basically everything.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Beathan
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Beathan »

[quote="michelmanen":3fjedtec]LOL! Is everything you do determined by the same red herring flashing in front of your eyes?[/quote:3fjedtec]

Hmmm ... I don't think so. Rather, I think that everything you do is so transparently in furtherance of a private agenda that your tactics become predictable.

Beathan

Let's keep things simple enough to be fair, substantive enough to be effective, and insightful enough to be good.
michelmanen
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by michelmanen »

Pray tell .. what is my private agenda, O latter-day Cassandra?

Beathan
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Beathan »

[quote="michelmanen":tscgnvui]Pray tell .. what is my private agenda, O latter-day Cassandra?[/quote:tscgnvui]

LOL -- no, that is your job. Mine is just to predict in suitably obscure pythonic form.

Beathan

Let's keep things simple enough to be fair, substantive enough to be effective, and insightful enough to be good.
Patroklus Murakami
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Patroklus Murakami »

We have two RA members-elect who cannot make the Inaugural Meeting (finding a meeting time for 7 members has been very challenging, the situation should get better after August). They have requested that we go to 7-day voting for all votes including the Chancellor election.

The way I plan to handle this is to take the vote as has been done before in the Chancellor election i.e. each RA member says who they choose at the meeting or in the 7-day vote which follows. If a candidate wins 4 or more votes out of 7 then they are elected as the new Chancellor. If not, we return to this issue at next week's meeting.

Some have discussed the possibility of candidates withdrawing if the first round does not produce a clear winner. This has to be entirely up to the candidates. We do not have any mechanism to 'force' a candidate to withdraw from an election.

michelmanen
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by michelmanen »

Whilst I agree with your overall approach, I suggest that, since we won't know in any case the final result of the Chancellor vote today, we delay the entire vote until next week, when all RA members will be able to attend, the entire process be able to be carried out and concluded in-world, and the winner declared Chancellor. I think its is quite important that this happen in-world, in the presence of all citizens wishing to attend, rather than on the forums.

Beathan
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Beathan »

A seven day vote on this issue makes goods sense.

With regard to the desirability of inworld discussions, I agree that they are useful to provide a place for people who do not uses these forums to express themselves. However, given that all citizens have access to these forums, it is not necessary to make decisions inworld or to have all discussions inworld for our decisions and discussions to be done in an open way.

Beathan

Justice Soothsayer
Pundit
Pundit

Post by Justice Soothsayer »

Speaking as a former RA member, I would note that the "RA Discussions" forum allows the 7-day voting process to take place openly, on the forums where anyone can observe, even if we can't attend an in-world meeting. I'd also note that it need not take the full seven days to conduct a "7-day vote". RA members who can't make a 12:00 meeting might be able to vote later in the day.

Best wishes for productive deliberations.

Return to “General Discussion”