Proposals for legislation and discussions of these

Moderator: SC Moderators

Beathan
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Treason Act

Post by Beathan »

It shall be Treason for any citizen to:

1. maliciously destroy any public building, build, road, bridge, or other public improvement in the CDS;
2. undertake any action calculated to undermine or destroy the sovereignty and self-rule of the CDS, including the filing of any report with the Lindens alleging that an action of a CDS citizen violates the Linden Labs terms of service when there is some remedy, including a political remedy, available under the then current laws and Constitution of the CDS;
3. invite any authority, including RL government, Linden Labs, or any other SL group, to enter territory belonging to the CDS and exercise control over the CDS in a manner hostile or adverse to the power of the lawfully constituted CDS government.

It shall be Filibuster for any noncitizen to undertake any action within the territory of the CDS which would be Treason if undertaken by a CDS citizen.

Treason and Filibuster as defined in this Act shall be Capital Felonies.

Note -- in International Law, the crime of "Filibuster" means the waging of a war against a sovereign state by an individual who is not a citizen of that state. For instance, piracy -- if waged as a war against a state -- can be "filibuster" -- which is why some pirates are called "filibusterers".

Beathan

Let's keep things simple enough to be fair, substantive enough to be effective, and insightful enough to be good.
michelmanen
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by michelmanen »

This is utter bullshit.

Beathan
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Beathan »

Michel --

I assumed that would be your reaction. I, of course, see things very differently. I am fulfilling a clear campaign promise with this proposal.

I take the defense of our sovereignty, virtual though it is, to be the first duty of all citizens -- even moreso of any citizens with the privilege to serve in government.

Beathan

Let's keep things simple enough to be fair, substantive enough to be effective, and insightful enough to be good.
Patroklus Murakami
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Patroklus Murakami »

Beathan

I hope you'll ignore Michel's comment above. Let's avoid a flamefest if possible.

I'm puzzled by the motivation for this bill and would like to see some more supporting argumentation for it. This wasn't in the Simplicity Manifesto to the best of my knowledge so I just wonder why you feel this, and the other bills you've proposed, are needed.

As this was not submitted by the deadline, it can not be considered at the RAs inaugural meeting.

michelmanen
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by michelmanen »

No problem Beathan - that is your prerogative - just as it is mine to tell you exactly what I think of it. No flame wars here - just my honest evaluation of this proposal.

Beathan
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Beathan »

Pat --

This bill was not part of the Simplicity Agenda. Rather, it was my own campaign promise -- contained in the Guild discussion concerning the concerns raised by Jon Seattle. This discussion, which I think explains the impetus for the proposal, is here:

[url:w8cah1hn]http://forums.neufreistadt.info/viewtopic.php?t=1188[/url:w8cah1hn]

Beathan

michelmanen
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by michelmanen »

Poppycock!

Return to “Legislative Discussion”