Guild Meeting Log - 12th Aug 2007

Forum for the CDS Artisan Guild


Moderator: SC Moderators

Post Reply
User avatar
Moon Adamant
I need a hobby
I need a hobby
Posts: 822
Joined: Sun May 28, 2006 1:26 pm

Guild Meeting Log - 12th Aug 2007

Post by Moon Adamant »

[10:14] Jon Seattle: Lets start. I will be posting a transcript of this meeting on the forum. Please say if you give you permission to have your chat posted. I give my permisson.
[10:15] Jo Sapeur: me too
[10:15] Rose Springvale: yes
[10:15] Nikki Maertens: me too
[10:15] Ludo Merit: Permission given
[10:15] You: me too
[10:15] Jon Seattle: Good.
[10:15] Dnate Mars: yes, I do too
[10:15] You: i see Tan approaching, btw
[10:15] Jon Seattle: Lets wait just a moment then.
[10:16] You: hi there Tan :)
[10:16] Tanoujin Milestone: sorry, i am late
[10:16] Jon Seattle: Tan, do you give your permission to be recorded?
[10:16] Rose Springvale: hi Tan
[10:16] Nikki Maertens: Hi Tani!
[10:16] Jon Seattle: Hi Tan?
[10:16] Tanoujin Milestone: Hello all :)
[10:16] Jon Seattle: HiTan
[10:16] Jon Seattle: wrong key lol
[10:16] Jo Sapeur: nikki, did you see my reply to your question on the Neufreitadt forum?
[10:16] Nikki Maertens: No, sorry. I will look.
[10:17] Jon Seattle: Tan, do you give your permission to be recorded? (sorry for the repeat)
[10:17] Tanoujin Milestone: yes, agree to be recorded
[10:17] Jon Seattle: Thanks
[10:17] Jon Seattle: Here is the adgenda. Please speak up if you would like changes.
[10:17] Jon Seattle: Agenda: 1. Guild Secretary election 2. Schloss task force 3. New sim project coordination
[10:18] Rose Springvale: please can we move the third item up in the agenda
[10:18] Rose Springvale: as i really cant' stay longer than thirty minutes
[10:18] Jon Seattle: Sure.
[10:18] Jon Seattle: Lets do 1, 3, and then 2? I suspect 1 will be quick.
[10:18] Rose Springvale: sure
[10:19] Jon Seattle: One sec
[10:20] Jon Seattle: Okay, I wanted to hear if anyone is running for the position of Guild Secretary.
[10:20] Jon Seattle: Hi Arria ;)
[10:20] Tanoujin Milestone: hello Arria
[10:20] You: hi Arria :)
[10:20] Nikki Maertens: Hi Arria!
[10:20] Rose Springvale: hello arria
[10:20] Arria Perreault: hi everybody
[10:20] Jo Sapeur: could you give us a short description of the secretary's duties?
[10:21] Jon Seattle: First of all its not a hard job, the main thing is to call and chair these meetings. Well, it becomes more difficult if there is negotiations between the Guild and the RA
[10:21] Jon Seattle: The guild secretary speaks for the Guld (but does not make decisions) in that case.
[10:22] Jon Seattle: The main thing for this administraitve board to do is set policy and get people working on prjects. Generally organize project coordination.
[10:22] Jon Seattle: Any other questions?
[10:23] Dnate Mars: are we a quasi-govermental org?
[10:23] Jon Seattle: Never
[10:23] Jon Seattle: We are a volentary organization as it says in our charter
[10:23] You: our charter is clear... also the RA deliberations rewgarding teh voting of our charter
[10:24] You: we're a NGO
[10:24] Jon Seattle: yes
[10:24] Dnate Mars: Just wanted to get that on record
[10:25] Jon Seattle: So let me ask for volunteers again, and if you think you might like to, I would recommend you take a chance and run.
[10:25] You: i am available to run
[10:26] Jon Seattle: Anyone else?
[10:26] You: anyone?
[10:26] Arria Perreault: volunteers in general or for a special project?
[10:26] You: oh Arria
[10:26] You: for Secretary
[10:27] Arria Perreault: volunteers in general or for a special project?
[10:27] Jon Seattle: Ah, to be Guild Sec.
[10:28] Rose Springvale: do you need a motion?
[10:28] Jon Seattle: lol
[10:28] Jon Seattle: Lets hold the vote.
[10:28] Jon Seattle: Everyone for Moon as guild sec, please say aye, anyone opposed say nay.
[10:28] Dnate Mars: aye
[10:28] Jon Seattle: Aye
[10:28] Rose Springvale: aye
[10:28] Tanoujin Milestone: aye
[10:29] Jo Sapeur: aya
[10:29] Arria Perreault: aye for Moon :-)
[10:29] Moon Adamant abstains
[10:29] Nikki Maertens: Aye
[10:29] Dnate Mars: heh ;)
[10:29] Ludo Merit: Aye
[10:29] Rose Springvale: thanks for doing this moon
[10:29] Jon Seattle: lol, I don't know how to count "heh" :D Yes, the Ayes have it
[10:29] You: thanks :)
[10:30] Jon Seattle: Moon, would you like to take over the meeting as the new Guild Sec?
[10:30] You: sure... if you kindly paste the agenda again :)
[10:30] Jon Seattle: 3. New sim project coordination
[10:30] Jon Seattle: 2. Schloss task force
[10:30] You: ok thanks
[10:30] Jon Seattle: we are doing them in that order.
[10:31] You: so let's hit # then
[10:31] Dnate Mars: I have a question, what is happening wiht the former Altenburg area?
[10:31] You: well, the altenburg area isn't happening much, i think, but i'd like to have that as an extra point, if you'd like
[10:32] Rose Springvale: i will jump in here on agenda
[10:32] You: seeing that Rose can't stay for long
[10:32] Rose Springvale: is it possible to have the new sim up and running in time for Ocktoberfest?
[10:32] Rose Springvale: at least roads and water?
[10:32] You: hmmm, well, it can be with a bit of work
[10:32] You: ah, that surely
[10:32] You: but we will need to ask RA to order the buying of the sim
[10:33] Rose Springvale: i think it would be really good for the CDS if we could have a coordinated festival that opens up the new sim as well
[10:33] You: sims are being handed in a week, nowadays
[10:33] Rose Springvale: yes
[10:33] Dnate Mars: very good idea Rose!
[10:33] Jo Sapeur: so when will we get the new sim?
[10:33] Rose Springvale: we had charted sept 1 for purchase i think...
[10:33] You: terraforming and roads don't take much time
[10:33] Jo Sapeur: ah
[10:33] Rose Springvale: Dnate, i'm thinking triathalon lol
[10:33] Jo Sapeur: nope
[10:33] You: in all cases, we are moving from agenda point
[10:33] Jon Seattle: I do think that more needs to be done on the planning. Colonia Nova was very deatailed when it got approval.
[10:34] Jon Seattle: But it is possible, yes
[10:34] You: may i make a suggestion?
[10:34] Rose Springvale: no you can't talk :)
[10:34] Arria Perreault: yes, a lot of things are not yet clear to me
[10:34] You: :P
[10:34] You: i would propose
[10:34] You: that we organize ourselves in a similar scheme to what we did for Colonia Nova
[10:35] You: that is, a set of workgroups that report to this meeting
[10:35] You: for teh record, we had
[10:35] You: hmm
[10:35] You: Building, Finantial, Bureau and Promotion
[10:35] Rose Springvale: what is bureau?
[10:35] You: Financial?
[10:36] Jon Seattle: Ah, Beauro set covenents and such
[10:36] Rose Springvale: admin then
[10:36] You: yes, legal/admin part
[10:36] Jon Seattle: Actually all but the building and fiancial fell apart by the end :D
[10:36] You: Financial made the economic model for the sim
[10:36] You: oh, Brian did a very good work in Promo
[10:37] You: but he was a bit unassisted, taht's a fact
[10:37] Jon Seattle: Yes, but had to leave mid way because of school
[10:37] You: so what do you guys think?
[10:37] You: teh workgroups are free to organize themselves as they please, but are expected to report
[10:38] Dnate Mars: I think we should try it again, if people stay with it, it works great
[10:38] Arria Perreault: can we have first informations about the actual state of the project?
[10:38] You: sure
[10:38] Arria Perreault: i have seen proposals for the relief on the forum. is it done, decided?
[10:38] You: atm, we are starting to propose terraform solutions
[10:38] You: not yet
[10:39] You: one thing that is decidedly missing
[10:39] You: is that we need to start considering the plottage... specially in terms of revenue
[10:39] Rose Springvale: at the last meeting i was at i believe there was a proposal to put maps up on the CN lot
[10:39] Jon Seattle: Yes, and thus we need to make a map -- though that also depends on terrain
[10:40] Rose Springvale: and that sudane was headign up financial
[10:40] Arria Perreault: people can have cottages on the ground and sky boxes
[10:40] You: Sudane has already made an economic study that previews a price for m
[10:40] You: m*
[10:40] You: grrr
[10:40] Rose Springvale: is that posted somewhere?
[10:40] You: m2, sorry
[10:41] You: not yet, it still needs some adjusting
[10:41] Jon Seattle: Ah, the proposal for the CN land was to start defining building styles and landscaping. The terrain modeling requires RAW files etc.
[10:41] Rose Springvale: ah, i see
[10:41] Jo Sapeur: the RAW files are in the works?
[10:42] Jon Seattle: Two drafts have been made. I handed copies to Moon, Sudane, and Brian as starting points only.
[10:42] You: hi Gxe, Guild meeting, feel free to join us
[10:42] Dnate Mars: with the sculpties, you can take the RAW file and make them into a single prim, correct?
[10:42] Arria Perreault: Hi Gxe
[10:42] Jon Seattle: Hi Gxe :)
[10:42] Nikki Maertens: Hi
[10:42] You: hmmm, you lose a lot of definition
[10:42] Jo Sapeur: hmm.... the last time I made a RAW file for a sim, I used a program named "World Machine"
[10:42] Jon Seattle: Dnate, yes, it should not be difficult.
[10:42] Gxeremio Dimsum: Thanks sorry for lurking just wanted to see what was up. I'll sit quietly for a bit.
[10:42] Jon Seattle: TOP has the software to do it.
[10:43] Jo Sapeur: kk
[10:43] Arria Perreault: and the soft for Mac?
[10:43] Jon Seattle: Note that the prim is not perfect, its got anomolies, but it is pretty good.
[10:43] You: backhoe for Mac
[10:43] Dnate Mars: backhoe
[10:43] Arria Perreault: yes, I have it
[10:43] You: ok, guys, back to point
[10:43] Ludo Merit: I bought an object in world that makes sim maps. Problem with it is that you have to make the height max to get two meters of height.
[10:44] Jon Seattle: Ah!
[10:44] Jon Seattle: We have a 50% grade to deal with
[10:44] Jon Seattle listens to Moon
[10:44] Ludo Merit: And that blocks the space above it, but that would be OK for display
[10:44] You: hmm, mind that most programs give you a preview
[10:45] You: which you can export to image format
[10:45] Dnate Mars: before we can plan on the pricing, do we need to decide things like if we will use the telehub or dirct TP? How much public spaces we will have, etc?
[10:45] Arria Perreault: these questions are very important
[10:45] You: Dnate. the public vs private issue is dependant on the economic model
[10:45] Rose Springvale: if we stick to the original plan, there is not much public space... only the natural features
[10:45] Jon Seattle: well, I don't see the telehub is relivant -- really an RA decision.
[10:45] Arria Perreault: not only
[10:46] Rose Springvale: the idea being that in the other two sims there is substantial public space
[10:46] Rose Springvale: and prims are rather scarce for the inhabitants
[10:46] Dnate Mars: but we could have a higher price around the TH for businesses
[10:46] You: you don't have a sole solution, you can have several... depends on how much time are you willing to cover the sim costs, on how much you charge per private m2, etc
[10:46] Arria Perreault: This sim will be a new generation one, which support more people for events
[10:46] Arria Perreault: we have to take this in consideration too
[10:46] Jon Seattle: And even the covenents are things the Guild recommends rather than determines.
[10:46] You: yes, please let's focus
[10:46] You: as regards TP
[10:47] Rose Springvale: yes, i really need to leave
[10:47] Rose Springvale: it's 110 out there
[10:47] Rose Springvale: F
[10:47] Jon Seattle: Ouch!
[10:47] Dnate Mars: :O
[10:47] You: what is happening is that the centralized TPs have been an 'historical' decision in NFS and CN
[10:47] You: seeing that the intent was to let visitors explore the urban tissue
[10:47] Jo Sapeur: find a nice lake and take a dip, Rose =^.^=
[10:48] Rose Springvale: :) my son is out ont he baseball field Jo
[10:48] Dnate Mars: and the sims will build as such, but this new sim should be direct TP for those that want it
[10:48] Jo Sapeur: ooh
[10:48] You: if there is an economic factor besides
[10:48] Jo Sapeur: stop
[10:48] Rose Springvale: so, please, let me know when subcommittes are meeting, and excuse me ... sorry, but my 30 min has already turned into 50 :)
[10:48] You: that's for he financial study to decide, i think
[10:49] Arria Perreault: I am in favour for direct TP everywhere in our sims
[10:49] You: sure Rose, i will post this on teh forum
[10:49] Jon Seattle: Dnate, though really this will not effect our planning for other things. I have no strong opinions on the issue.
[10:49] Tanoujin Milestone: bye, Rose :)
[10:49] Arria Perreault: bye
[10:49] Jon Seattle: bye
[10:49] You: what i want us to consider now
[10:49] You: is
[10:50] You: my suggestion for work organization - and any other suggestion as regards work organizatiuon that anyone may be willing to present?
[10:50] Ludo Merit: I'm afraid I have to leave, sorry.
[10:50] Nikki Maertens: Bye
[10:50] Jon Seattle: Yes, I think we should go ahead. I am not sure if the NG has enough people for four groups though.
[10:50] Arria Perreault: bye Ludo
[10:50] You: mind also that the participation in the workgroups isn't exclusive... you can join any or all workgroups
[10:50] Jo Sapeur: baibabi Ludo
[10:50] Jon Seattle: Bye Ludo
[10:51] You: bye Ludo
[10:51] Tanoujin Milestone: Ludo :)
[10:51] You: but mind that the Guild can encompass more citizens
[10:51] You: and that not all guild members are present
[10:51] Jon Seattle: es, very true
[10:51] Jon Seattle: we can try four then
[10:51] Arria Perreault: or the future residents of the new sims
[10:51] Jo Sapeur: how did that work organization work out in Colonia Nova?
[10:52] Arria Perreault: i mean people interested to build and to buy a plot
[10:52] You: it worked rather nicely, though we couldn't complete the whole plan
[10:53] You: but we ran short on some areas
[10:53] Jon Seattle: Jo, it worked very well for the most part. The building was great, the financial was great, promotion was great but incomplete. Really Moon wrote the covenents herself at the last stage.
[10:54] You: Bureau had a bit of trouble meeting
[10:54] Jon Seattle: yup
[10:54] You: too different timezones
[10:54] Jon Seattle: But one of the key things that is needed now is a map
[10:54] You: so we were at the opening week with covenants left
[10:54] You: yes, Jon
[10:54] Jon Seattle: only with a map can you figure the plots, prim balence, income from tier, etc.
[10:55] You: but i am trying to get us to organize ourselves
[10:55] You: into making that map
[10:55] You: and making it along an economical study too
[10:55] Tanoujin Milestone: Map: terrain and parcels, streets, water?
[10:55] Jon Seattle: yup
[10:55] You: yes
[10:55] Tanoujin Milestone: good :)
[10:55] You: so i am calling order to teh point again
[10:55] You: how shall we organize ourselves?
[10:56] Jon Seattle: four groups
[10:56] Jon Seattle: Lets try it
[10:56] You: shall we vote then?
[10:56] Jon Seattle: I move that we organize outselves similar to the CN effort
[10:56] Dnate Mars: I think the 4 groups shoudl work just fine
[10:56] You: ok, calling for vote on that proposal
[10:56] Tanoujin Milestone: aye
[10:56] Dnate Mars: aye
[10:56] Jon Seattle: Aye
[10:56] You: aye
[10:56] Arria Perreault: aye
[10:56] Jo Sapeur: aye
[10:56] Nikki Maertens: aye
[10:56] You: thank you everyone
[10:57] You: i will do the following
[10:57] You: i will post the calling for the groups in teh forums
[10:57] Jon Seattle: Now we had a coordinator for each work group...
[10:57] You: please everyone answer the forum threads they'd like to work in
[10:57] You: what do you say?
[10:57] Arria Perreault: what do you propose?
[10:57] Dnate Mars: let's see who wants to be in what group, then the groups should be able to decide who is their coordinator
[10:58] Jon Seattle: Okay with me
[10:58] You: i'll try also and scoop what the precise functions were from the CN effort
[10:58] Arria Perreault: okay with me too
[10:58] You: ok
[10:58] You: i think this will be very easy to work
[10:59] You: judging from previous experience
[10:59] Jon Seattle: Sorry, everyone, I have to leave. See you later and thanks :)
[10:59] Nikki Maertens: Bye
[10:59] Tanoujin Milestone: See you, Jon
[10:59] Moon Adamant hugs Jon
[10:59] Arria Perreault: see you, Jon
[10:59] Jon Seattle hugs Moon
[10:59] Jon Seattle: See you :)
[11:00] Moon Adamant looks up the other points
[11:00] Tanoujin Milestone: schloss task force :)
[11:00] Arria Perreault: wait
[11:00] Jo Sapeur: the only one left
[11:00] Dnate Mars: I have to run too, I will see you later
[11:00] You: thanks :) getting a bad short-term memory :)
[11:00] Nikki Maertens: OK bye
[11:00] You: see you Dnate, and thanks :)
[11:00] Arria Perreault: i have still some questions about the new sim
[11:00] Tanoujin Milestone: hehe. Bye, Dnate
[11:00] Dnate Mars: and Altenburg, don't for get that
[11:00] You: ok Arria, shoot
[11:00] Arria Perreault: Bye Dnate
[11:00] You: yes, i won't forget lol
[11:01] Arria Perreault: what about the fund raising? did it started?
[11:01] You: you mean the loan scheme?
[11:02] You: not yet
[11:02] You: seeing we still have to define precisely
[11:02] You: what are the costs
[11:02] Arria Perreault: no. the cash money to buy the sim
[11:02] You: and teh revenue rate
[11:02] You: yes, that's the loan scheme
[11:02] Arria Perreault: ok
[11:02] You: that is why
[11:02] You: the economic study is most important atm
[11:03] You: so we can feed the Treasurer with our previews
[11:03] You: and she can make a budget
[11:04] Arria Perreault: but I have read on the forum that we have to find money to buy it
[11:04] You: yes
[11:04] You: but the thing is
[11:04] You: we have to know
[11:04] You: how much money do we need
[11:04] You: and how to pay it back
[11:06] You: in all cases, i guess that the CDS has the money for the sim... we are aiming at a sustainable acquisition of it
[11:06] You: exactly as was done for CN and NFS
[11:06] Nikki Maertens: What I read was that there is already money for the ne sim.
[11:07] You: yes, but there is a rule, you see
[11:07] You: to what money must the CDS hold at any given moment
[11:07] Nikki Maertens: Yes, that is true also.
[11:07] You: we have a security, you see... we always have X tiers available
[11:07] You: i dunno the exact formula
[11:07] You: so the new sim budget
[11:08] You: will have to contemplate acquisition, work, schedule for incomplete tier untill the sim fills in
[11:08] Arria Perreault: is it possible to find money in selling the land before to buy the sim?
[11:08] You: and retrieving the investement
[11:08] You: Arria, we have generally used instead a loan scheme
[11:09] You: you loan money to the CDS to a given rate, generally at 6 months
[11:09] You: we also generally open the sim for sale for CDS citizens prior to the general public
[11:09] Arria Perreault: ok
[11:09] You: so that the citizens have a first option
[11:09] You: but we generally don't sell plots as a financial resort
[11:10] Arria Perreault: it is related to the project of monastery: i would like to know if it will be a public place or if i have to buy the plot (alone or with a group)
[11:11] You: well, atm we don't know what is the ammount of public space we have
[11:11] Arria Perreault: i precise for the transcript that this project is totally separated of the building of a group about spirituality
[11:12] Jo Sapeur: we'll have the space needed for roads and waterways, right?
[11:12] You: yes, we'll have
[11:12] You: and possibly more than that
[11:12] Jo Sapeur: that's quite a number of prims that comes with it
[11:12] You: but that needs to be previewed also in economic terms
[11:13] You: indeed, and what we do is that all public parcels are in same group, so we can vacuum prims from one to the other
[11:13] You: you see, teh issue here
[11:13] You: is that we didn't have a public vs private clause for the sim contest
[11:13] Arria Perreault: so there is a chance that the monastery should be build as a private project?
[11:13] You: unlike with CN... CN has 10% public space
[11:14] Jo Sapeur: hmm... can't the estate manager change the number of prims allowed on a parcel?
[11:14] You: that's a recent option that wasn't available when CN was planned
[11:14] You: and also, if i pump up the public prims in a sim
[11:15] You: that means i have to pump down the private ones... which makes our plots less appealing for sale
[11:15] Jo Sapeur: yeah, the max number of prims in a sim stays at 15K
[11:16] You: and Arria, i don't think for the moment that the monastery should be private or public
[11:16] Jo Sapeur: but what I was thinking of was to reduce the number of prims on land used for roads etc
[11:16] You: i think that you should prepare a small project on it
[11:16] Arria Perreault: ok. i will do it
[11:16] You: with a prevision of area, a pic of what you are suggesting, etc
[11:16] Jo Sapeur: that way the public land wouldn't necessarily have to be owned by one group
[11:16] You: and propose it to the building and financial groups
[11:17] Arria Perreault: ok
[11:17] You: well, we have some interest in having it so grouped, you see Jo
[11:17] Tanoujin Milestone: Jo, what is the advantage to avoid one public land group?
[11:17] You: for instance, when we drop a festival decorations, we vacuum prims from one side to teh other
[11:17] Jo Sapeur: security matters
[11:18] Tanoujin Milestone: ah, and accessability as well, got it , ty
[11:18] You: sometimes we may even have to add temp vacant private plots for primmage... the group thing makes it all very simple
[11:19] You: anyway... schloss
[11:19] Arria Perreault: ok
[11:19] You: and Jo, the public land is owned by a group with very restricted access... Estate Owner, Civil Service, etc
[11:20] You: what's up on schloss?
[11:20] Tanoujin Milestone: Nikki :) your turn
[11:20] You: i haven't read the forum since i posted that reply
[11:21] Nikki Maertens: OK, yes, I have a question about it that I will ask later.
[11:21] Nikki Maertens: To start off the task force two weeks ago I put a posting about it in the forum. I also personally contacted Kendra Bancroft and Samantha Fuller – although since then I have not yet heard anything back from either of them.
[11:21] Nikki Maertens: Tanoujin, Flyingroc and I toured the Schloss to look at it. TOPGenosse and I also spoke about it. He said he likes it exactly as it is now, and wanted me to tell that to others.
[11:21] Nikki Maertens: Now there are 8 members of the task force: me, Arria, Flyingroc, Jo, Jon, Michel, Salzie and Tanoujin.
[11:22] You: ok
[11:22] Nikki Maertens: Among us we made a plan to hold 1 meeting, and then to continue our discussion in a group chat. I contacted everyone and asked when would be the best times for them to meet - just now I have gotten those times back from everyone.
[11:22] You: that's great
[11:22] Nikki Maertens: The next thing for us to do is hold this meeting, and I am working on coordinating it. Also sometime I will make a group for us in SL.
[11:23] You: ok
[11:23] Nikki Maertens: My question is, you (Moon) said you thought we should make a study for possible functions for the Schloss. I think this is a good idea but am not certain how to make such a study.
[11:23] You: yes, i would like to discuss that briefly
[11:23] You: well, we can surely ask around for suggestions first of all
[11:24] You: it's really... what can we use the Schloss for?
[11:24] Nikki Maertens: Yes, it seems to me the forum subject is good for this.
[11:24] Tanoujin Milestone: the poseball collection, that is a current function
[11:24] You: yes... but it is used once a year, or so
[11:25] You: we can decide that the function of teh schloss is purely an event function
[11:25] You: say that the PIO decides to hold monthly balls
[11:25] You: then we must ask ourselves
[11:25] You: is teh schloss atm optimized for that?
[11:26] You: meaning... do all teh spaces there provide for use at the balls?
[11:26] You: do we have to do anything to make it a better space for that?
[11:26] Arria Perreault: i have tried to imagine what to do with this Schloss
[11:27] Arria Perreault: i am not sure that we will make balls every months
[11:27] You: knowing that balls have a load of people... is there room for everyone? are tehre avatar traps? is teh space signalled to a stranger knows what teh spaces are and how to get at them?
[11:27] Nikki Maertens: So far no one has wanted to organise that.
[11:27] Arria Perreault: i am not sure too that we can rent it for weddings
[11:27] You: one idea i had
[11:27] You: that the schloss could hold
[11:28] You: is a permanent exhibit on the history of the CDS
[11:28] Nikki Maertens: Yes, the idea of a museum has been suggested before also.
[11:28] Tanoujin Milestone: Yes, exhibition, good idea
[11:28] Nikki Maertens: Moon, would you like to be on the task force?
[11:28] Arria Perreault: exhibition is a good idea in my point of view
[11:28] Jo Sapeur: could some elements of the Schloß be optimized?
[11:29] Nikki Maertens: I think first we should ask the use of it.
[11:29] Jo Sapeur: sure, sorry
[11:29] Nikki Maertens: Because, optimised for what?
[11:29] You: hmmm Nikki, you know i don't the like the schloss very much :)
[11:29] You: sorry to say it
[11:29] Tanoujin Milestone: to be honest, i would like to have a space to meet someone under a tree
[11:29] Nikki Maertens: Personally I don't either.
[11:29] Nikki Maertens: ; - )
[11:30] Arria Perreault: sorry. I have to go. Nikki, let me know the date of the first meeting.
[11:30] Tanoujin Milestone: Bye, Arria ;)
[11:30] Nikki Maertens: But if the community does it is OK with me. : - )
[11:30] Arria Perreault: bye bye everybody
[11:30] You: of course, that can be a valiant excuse to JOIN the workforce
[11:30] Nikki Maertens: Bye Arria -
[11:30] You: bye Arria, and thanks :)
[11:30] Jo Sapeur: bye Arria
[11:30] Nikki Maertens: For me it was why I started the task force, because I am not happy with it how it is now.
[11:31] Nikki Maertens: In my view it could be taken away actually.
[11:31] You: but i can help a little
[11:31] Nikki Maertens: However, as I say, if the community likes it this is OK.
[11:31] Tanoujin Milestone: Arria pointed out, we should not trash our historical buildings without documentation
[11:31] You: mind only that i need to look at all projects running
[11:31] You: yes, and i agree with Arria 100%
[11:31] Tanoujin Milestone: yes, Moon, thats a point
[11:31] Nikki Maertens: So, I am only trying to have a discussion about it.
[11:31] You: and i agree with Nikki too, the schloss belongs to the community
[11:32] Jo Sapeur: well, I suggest packing it up in a rezzing tool
[11:32] You: so i believe that our action is really
[11:32] Tanoujin Milestone: I would like to have it at the long term, and carefully documentate it
[11:32] Tanoujin Milestone: Jo, sure, but as soon as it is in, it is out of view
[11:32] You: to optimize it, regarding a set of functions... optimizing it also in prims and textures seeing that those are community resources
[11:32] Nikki Maertens: I also think we should make a documentation and keep what parts of it that would be good to keep, of course!
[11:33] Jo Sapeur: we would rez it of course
[11:33] Nikki Maertens: There are some things about it I like.
[11:33] You: and Tan, documenting can become a project too
[11:33] Tanoujin Milestone: Yes, i volunteer to make pictures, floor plans of what we have now
[11:33] You: yay!
[11:33] Tanoujin Milestone: text is another thing
[11:33] Nikki Maertens: Yay!!
[11:33] Nikki Maertens: : - D
[11:33] Tanoujin Milestone: hehe
[11:33] Jo Sapeur: the idea is that putting it into an autorezzer is the best way for documentation
[11:34] Tanoujin Milestone: good way to store it
[11:34] Jo Sapeur: why settle for photos if you can have the actual building
[11:34] Tanoujin Milestone: because you need place and it has about 700 prims
[11:35] Jo Sapeur: I would show you my last club if the space would allow for it, but you get the idea ;)
[11:35] Tanoujin Milestone: it is only a first step to prepare changes
[11:35] You: mind Jo
[11:35] You: we may not have the full perms needed for an autorezzer
[11:35] Jo Sapeur: but you could always take photos with a version in an autorezzer
[11:35] Jo Sapeur: ah
[11:35] You: btw Nikki
[11:35] Jo Sapeur: that's bad
[11:35] You: that's something we do need to know
[11:36] Nikki Maertens: There are not full perms at this time.
[11:36] You: is all of the schloss full perms, set to group etc?
[11:36] You: ah, that's what i thought
[11:36] Tanoujin Milestone: a second
[11:36] You: we need to decide what to do about those as well
[11:36] Nikki Maertens: Parts of it are owned by Kendra.
[11:36] Tanoujin Milestone: owner: 47 - set to group 323 - others 196
[11:36] Jo Sapeur: we should try to replace them if possible
[11:37] Nikki Maertens: Other parts by Samantha.
[11:37] Jo Sapeur: if that doesn't ork
[11:37] Jo Sapeur: look if they are copyable + transferable
[11:37] Tanoujin Milestone: Jo, thats a good idea
[11:37] Nikki Maertens: No they are not, unfortunately.
[11:37] Jo Sapeur: dang
[11:37] You: so what we need first of all
[11:38] You: is documenting
[11:38] Nikki Maertens: Yes.
[11:38] You: in case we will need to replace stuff
[11:38] Jo Sapeur: by taking photos?
[11:38] Tanoujin Milestone: Jo, let me get into it, i can make a list of no perm items
[11:38] You: yes, photos is what we can do
[11:38] You: set a hmm zero point
[11:38] Jo Sapeur: that should be the first thing to do on our list then
[11:39] You: and say: this is the zero point, teh schloss looked like this
[11:39] You: and then decide what to do
[11:39] You: because you see
[11:39] You: we can also decide to leave it standing... it becomes a bit 'archaelogical'
[11:39] Tanoujin Milestone: yes, its an open process
[11:40] You: and that is something that must be discussed too
[11:40] Nikki Maertens: Moon I hope you will join the Task Force, but if not it's OK.
[11:40] Tanoujin Milestone: do we need a deadline?
[11:40] You: i can join it Nikki, but i need also to look at other things running... so i amy not be able to do much
[11:40] Jo Sapeur: for the whole thing?
[11:40] You: may*
[11:41] Tanoujin Milestone: for the documentation
[11:41] Nikki Maertens: Personally I see a deadline as counterproductive.
[11:41] You: Tan, that's for the group to decide
[11:41] Nikki Maertens: It is there, and we work on it as we have the time for it.
[11:41] Jo Sapeur: deadline= next christmas?
[11:41] Nikki Maertens: The Schloss can stay as it is for ever if we don't work to change it.
[11:41] Jo Sapeur: that'd be a very generous deadline
[11:42] Tanoujin Milestone: I take it as a landmark, jom, inofficially :) and the group may decide
[11:42] Nikki Maertens: If we work to alter it, then OK.
[11:42] Jo Sapeur: *nods* I think CDS schould be creative, stagnation is _not_ a sign of creativity
[11:43] Nikki Maertens: OK, what deadline do you suggest?
[11:43] Jo Sapeur: I suggest christmas this year
[11:43] You: that's a fairly comfy deadline
[11:43] Nikki Maertens: To have all the documentation finished?
[11:44] Jo Sapeur: that's generous enough to not put us under pressure
[11:44] Tanoujin Milestone: yes, comfy
[11:44] Jo Sapeur: and we should finish long before that
[11:44] Jo Sapeur: if not, something went wrong
[11:44] Nikki Maertens: OK, I will put that in the forum so it is there for everyone to see.
[11:44] Jo Sapeur: the whole log should be on the forum anyway
[11:45] Tanoujin Milestone: Jo, i will show you my first results in 2 weeks and as for your opinion, ok?
[11:45] Nikki Maertens: Log? What is that?
[11:45] Jo Sapeur: why mine? o.O
[11:45] Tanoujin Milestone: then not :)
[11:45] Tanoujin Milestone: lol
[11:45] Jo Sapeur: well, just show them around ^.^
[11:45] Tanoujin Milestone: ^.^
[11:46] Tanoujin Milestone: the redevelopment area? Is this a topic today?
[11:46] Nikki Maertens: We began with that topic.
[11:46] Tanoujin Milestone: uh, *blush
[11:47] You: ok guys
[11:47] You: i'd like to talk a bit about altenstadt, as promised to Dnate
[11:47] Nikki Maertens: Yes, that is what Jo was speaking of, or?
[11:48] Jo Sapeur: uhm, no
[11:48] Tanoujin Milestone: What has been there before, do we have a docu ;)
[11:48] Tanoujin Milestone: a description? Residental timberframe?
[11:48] You: Top has made a plan for the altenstadt area
[11:48] You: i will ask it of him
[11:49] You: basically, what we are discussing here is to make an urban tissue again
[11:49] Nikki Maertens: Altenburg is the redevelopment area I think.
[11:49] You: yes, it's that area under the plywood cube
[11:50] Nikki Maertens: Good model!
[11:50] Tanoujin Milestone: TOPs work
[11:51] You: Top«s plan considers a somewhat larger plot size than the average plot in NFS
[11:52] You: so we may have to develop new fahwerks, or adapt
[11:52] You: the existing
[11:52] Tanoujin Milestone: ah, at cost of what parcels?
[11:53] Tanoujin Milestone: not so important.... i note "new Fachwerk/adapt existing"
[11:54] You: not sure yet if we will have to
[11:54] You: that's why first of all we will ask Top for the plan
[11:54] You: and then decide
[11:55] You: the plan was approved btw, if i remember correctly
[11:55] Tanoujin Milestone: Moon, when will the new sim be ready, so manpower is back to this kind of projects
[11:55] You: well, if we have the sim by Sep 1st
[11:55] Tanoujin Milestone: wb, dante
[11:55] Nikki Maertens: Hi Dnate -
[11:55] You: we can aim at having it ready at most in 2 months
[11:56] Tanoujin Milestone: I see, thanks
[11:57] Tanoujin Milestone: :) am i crashed?
[11:58] Nikki Maertens: No
[11:58] You: so that would make november 1st
[11:58] Tanoujin Milestone leans back
[11:58] You: at the most!
[11:58] Nikki Maertens: Would it be good to conisider this area in relation to the discussion about the Schloss?
[11:59] You: actually, it can be done sooner, i think
[11:59] Nikki Maertens: Perhaps they can be planned together somehow.
[11:59] Tanoujin Milestone: Schloss is overlapping to the Parcel Kendrastrasse, where the old Building stands - Landverwaltung as well
[11:59] Jo Sapeur: hmm
[11:59] You: hmmm, i think that the previous group found this would be an area for habitation/commerce
[12:00] You: i'll do this
[12:00] You: i'll try and get in touch with the former group and see what conclusions they reached
[12:00] You: and we will resume this next week
[12:01] Nikki Maertens: OK, thank you.
[12:01] You: now i propose we adjourn, since we are meeting for two hours already
[12:01] Jo Sapeur: okay
[12:01] Nikki Maertens: It comes to me, perhaps if another use is found for this hill, it could be included in the plan.
[12:01] Dnate Mars: I agree ;)
[12:01] Tanoujin Milestone: yes, ok
[12:01] Nikki Maertens: I have a question about the fog.
[12:01] You: yes?
[12:01] Nikki Maertens: Can we no longer turn it off?
[12:01] Dnate Mars: ??
[12:02] Dnate Mars: what do you mean?
[12:02] Jo Sapeur: Shift+Ctrl+Alt+"-"
[12:02] Tanoujin Milestone: i was able to turn it off
[12:02] You: yes, tyou can turn it off
[12:02] Nikki Maertens: Before I could do that but now it does not work for me anymore.
[12:02] Nikki Maertens: Perhaps it is the German-language version of SL.
[12:02] Tanoujin Milestone: Nikki, have you tried Client menu instead of the shortcut?
[12:02] Nikki Maertens: Sometimes there are differences between it and the English-language version of SL.
[12:03] Nikki Maertens: Sorry, I don't know what that is.
[12:03] Jo Sapeur: I'm using the English client
[12:03] Nikki Maertens: Well, OK, it must be only me for some reason.
[12:04] Nikki Maertens: Perhaps I will try the English client to see if it works for me.
[12:04] Dnate Mars: do you have the debug menu?
[12:04] You: Client/Rendering/Types/Clouds
[12:04] Dnate Mars: ctrl-alt-D toggles the debug menus
[12:05] Tanoujin Milestone: hm, i do not want to leave the little Plywood frame here.... could somebody with group permission return it?
[12:05] Nikki Maertens: I did not have it, but now I do. Thank you.
[12:05] Nikki Maertens: : - )
[12:06] Dnate Mars: Well, I am off to the RA meeting, if there is one
[12:06] Nikki Maertens: Bye
[12:06] Tanoujin Milestone: RA, yes, i will risk an eye
[12:06] Nikki Maertens: To go?
[12:06] Tanoujin Milestone: ah, ty.
[12:07] Nikki Maertens: Perhaps I will go there to as a tourist.
[12:07] You: gone
[12:07] Nikki Maertens: Perfect!
[12:07] You: ok, thank you everyone, meeting adjourned

Post Reply

Return to “CDS Artisan Guild”