Make your own clothes

Announcements of activities and events in CDS.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Arria Perreault
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Make your own clothes

Post by Arria Perreault »

I will give a course [b:5es1q7mg]"Make your own clothes for beginners"[/b:5es1q7mg]. The aim of this course is to learn how to make a tee-shirt. Taking this course, you will be able to make a free tee-shirt for an event, create a unique piece for you or to give as a gift.
Note that the principles to make a tee-shirt are similar for other clothes, but not for flexi-clothes (maybe another course).

Date: Friday 24th August at 3PM SLT.
Place: NFS School
Duration: around one hour
Material: textures will be provided
This event is free and open to everybody

NB: I have the agreement of the Chancellor for the event, for the advertising and the signs on public places.

Arria Perreault
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Attendence

I was there ...

[img:nyfrn6ke]http://www.be-virtual.ch/blog/images/cours.jpg[/img:nyfrn6ke]

One person has visited this course, a friend of mine.
I had prepared a slide show, easy textures that people can re-use.

So ... I renonce to organise the next course "how to make easely flexi dress".

Tanoujin Milestone
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Post by Tanoujin Milestone »

Oh, so sorry to hear this, Arria!
All wasted now? Let me spare you my lame apologies (I really could not make it this time)... I want classes! I want classes at NFS! I want to make a T shirt :x
Anyone else? Let us plot to knock at Arria's door and persuade her to give it another try - same time, another friday? Come on, we need 5 names (or face the truth that this town is not able to support it's local educators arrrrgh)

Brian Livingston
Veteran debater
Veteran debater

Post by Brian Livingston »

*nods* I usually work late on Fridays and today was no exception, however I tried to make the very end of the class, but by the time I got home and onto NFS, it seems that the event had already ended :/

Thank you for your effort though and I would certainly encourage you to re-offer the course at another time, perhaps on the weekend to try to gain a higher attendance.

--BL

Dnate Mars
Veteran debater
Veteran debater

Post by Dnate Mars »

Fridays just aren't good for me, so I will add my apology to the list.

Maybe we just need to get the word out more? Was the event listed in the events? Also, don't we have a info hub that we can use?

Arria Perreault
I need a hobby
I need a hobby

Sorry Brian, but Ulysse was ready with his tee-shirt at 3 pm 36 :wink:

I am ready to give it again. Let me know what is the good time during the week end for you.

You know, guys, it's just an opportunity to have fun together. We have mainly political meetings. I know that it is important, but it is quite boring.

Return to “Events in CDS”