Guild Meeting Log - 26th Aug 2007

Forum for the CDS Artisan Guild


Moderator: SC Moderators

Post Reply
User avatar
Moon Adamant
I need a hobby
I need a hobby
Posts: 822
Joined: Sun May 28, 2006 1:26 pm

Guild Meeting Log - 26th Aug 2007

Post by Moon Adamant »

[10:06] You: ok guys, let's start
[10:06] You: first f all, you'll see that i have posted that lot of stuff
[10:06] Brian Livingston: Hiya Leon
[10:06] Jon Seattle: Oh, I think leon is victom of the SL TP level bug.
[10:06] Leon Ash: LOL, I'm stuck in the floor ;-)
[10:07] You: i would liek to ask the working groups to organize
[10:07] You: so work can carry on and we can have reports
[10:08] You: not asking for formal spokespersons... but we really must get some sense of what is happening and issues the groups encounter
[10:08] Jon Seattle: It might be good to have informal coordinators in any case.
[10:08] Jon Seattle: Hi Arria :)
[10:09] Tanoujin Milestone: Hello Arria :)
[10:09] Brian Livingston: Hiya Arria
[10:09] Arria Perreault: Hi everybody
[10:09] You: hi there Arria :)
[10:09] Leon Ash: Hi
[10:09] You: one of the posts i made was a Gantt chart for the project
[10:09] You: there are corrections already suggested on that, but i'll wait for more input from teh groups to correct them
[10:10] You: one thing that Brian commented was about teh covenants
[10:10] You: i suggested that perhaps we could start discussing some pre-covenants?
[10:10] You: what is your idea on this?
[10:11] Dnate Mars: Do we want any selling in this sim?
[10:11] Brian Livingston: My thought on it was simply that we should probably have the covenets set up before we start pre-sellign the land to that it's clear what is permitted on each land type
[10:12] You: yes, i understood your idea Brian
[10:12] Arria Perreault: i agree too
[10:12] Jo Sapeur: hi everyone
[10:12] Leon Ash: Hi Jo
[10:12] Jon Seattle: makes sense.
[10:12] Arria Perreault: can we take the same convenant than in CN of NFS?
[10:12] Jon Seattle: Hi Jo
[10:12] Arria Perreault: Hi Jo
[10:12] Brian Livingston: As ofr the actual covenents, it seems that his should be a primarially residential sim
[10:13] You: well, Arria, CN and NFS covenants are a bit different in detail
[10:13] Dnate Mars: I don't see the need for selling within this sim at all. If they want a shop, CN and NFS are there for that
[10:13] Arria Perreault: so we can adapt them
[10:13] Arria Perreault: Why not?
[10:13] Jon Seattle: CN was to be much more commercial.. I would worry about competing with CN if we allow commercial development in the new sim.
[10:14] Arria Perreault: I don't agree
[10:14] You: hmmm Dnate, but should we forbid teh commercial function altogether?
[10:14] Brian Livingston: I am not opposed to having a sim wide covenent similar to the lesser covenent area of CN, where it is residential but there is some leeway in terms of building styles, as long as they are structurally feasible
[10:14] Arria Perreault: I am against a only residential sim
[10:14] Brian Livingston: Iagree with Dnate
[10:14] You: or have the possibility of mixing residential/commercial function?
[10:14] Arria Perreault: at least yes
[10:14] You: mind that the sim - as per the original plan - won't have an urban centre
[10:14] Jon Seattle: Well, lets hear what Arria has to say
[10:15] Dnate Mars: I think the best idea is to have it so the commericial activity stays in central locations
[10:15] Dnate Mars: sort of the way a mall works
[10:15] Arria Perreault: what happens often is that when people buy a land, they maybe don't have the skill to do things
[10:16] Arria Perreault: they become more experienced then they will sell their stuff
[10:16] Arria Perreault: and they have to move ....
[10:16] Arria Perreault: i think that every CDS sim should give the same possibility
[10:16] Dnate Mars: no, they just need a small plot in either CN or NFS
[10:16] Jon Seattle: Hmm.. how about a small country shops only idea?
[10:17] You: what if we allowed the commercial function, but with the usual restrictions on outdoor signs, the necessity of have a roof, etc?
[10:17] You: to*
[10:17] Arria Perreault: of course
[10:17] Dnate Mars: well, we don't currently allow theh commerical activity outside the walls of NFS or CN currently
[10:17] You: my idea here so far is that we must strive to keep people from holding ugly shops
[10:17] Brian Livingston: I think that we curerntly have a glut of commercial space and concentrating commercial activity is what we should be encouraging
[10:18] Brian Livingston: Covenent enforcement would take care of that
[10:18] Arria Perreault: it seems that the sim will have a village
[10:18] Arria Perreault: so the village can be the commercial zone
[10:19] You: well, we don't know yet if the village will be there... that depends a lot of the parcelling, but mor eon that later on
[10:19] You: Arria anyway makes a good point: the sim can have different zones
[10:19] You: as covenants are concerned
[10:19] Jon Seattle: Also, how much say does the Guild have, ultimatly, for covenants?
[10:19] Brian Livingston: True. Something to consider is that residential-only sims have hteir own appeal and may bring in a new segment of people that we haven't seen yet?
[10:20] You: well, jon, the Guild proposes a covenant which must be voted at the RA
[10:20] Jon Seattle: nods
[10:20] You: covenants are essentially technical docs
[10:20] Dnate Mars: well, as we have seen so far, commericial land has been a failure for us so far, why do we want more of it?
[10:21] You: and Brian also makes a good point
[10:21] Brian Livingston: I think it has been a failure largely because we do not have the population to support the large amount of commercial space we have
[10:21] Jon Seattle: Dnate, that may be a good reaon for allowing very small commercial activity on residental plots rather than desigating more commerial land per se.
[10:21] You: Dnate, can a residential-only land stop plots from being sold?
[10:22] You: i am asking, because i don't know
[10:22] Arria Perreault: it could be desapointing for people
[10:22] Dnate Mars: If you want to sell you land, that is a little different then selling items from your house
[10:22] Brian Livingston: But the covenent would let people know what they arebuying into
[10:23] Jo Sapeur: well, I've had many people wanting to run a small shop on their land when I was renting out land
[10:23] Brian Livingston: Also, with the introduction of the nwe sim, it is certainly feasible that ther will be some movement of existing CDS residents, freeing up commercial plots already in place
[10:23] Arria Perreault: if they read it
[10:23] You: Brian is correct - that happened at CN
[10:23] Arria Perreault: you know, I had no idea that I bought a commercial house in CN
[10:24] Brian Livingston: Ultimately it is the landowner's responsibility to read the covenent that they are agreeing to, as cold as that sounds
[10:24] You: i would say, as my personal opinion on this
[10:24] You: that i also agree that we have too much land already destined primarily to commercial function
[10:24] Dnate Mars: there is a reason we make these covenents is so that people know what they are getting
[10:25] You: but i wouldn't like to stop people having a small workshop on their Alpine Meadows land if they willed, as long as it was kept indoors
[10:25] Jon Seattle: Indeed.
[10:25] Brian Livingston: Although I can see how people might miss them, perhaps we reuqire a verbal affirmation from the landowner durign the purcahse process that they have read their covenents and allow them to ask uestions prior to purcahsing land?
[10:25] You: and no rotating signs :)
[10:25] Brian Livingston: It's a bit mroe intervention from the state than I'd like but if it works...
[10:26] Brian Livingston: But a workshop and a commercial shop are different, at least in my vision.
[10:26] Dnate Mars: plus we need enforcement of them too if we really expect people to follow them
[10:26] Brian Livingston: A workshop is not selling wares, but rather is space ot work on future items
[10:26] You: yes, but you can sell from there, i would say
[10:26] Brian Livingston: akin to many people's basement or garage workshops. They aren't sellign anything otu of them, only buildign stuff
[10:27] Jon Seattle: Oh, I think moon means one where the owner can sell at a small scale.
[10:27] Dnate Mars: what defines "small scale"?
[10:27] You: ehehe like my own Moonscapes shop :))
[10:27] Tanoujin Milestone: haha
[10:27] Jon Seattle: I think you can do that with restrictions on sinage.
[10:27] Arria Perreault: for me it's mainly a question of personal freedom
[10:27] You: it surely is small scale :D
[10:28] Jon Seattle: For example allow only 1 m x 2 m sign announcing the shop, and no other non-residental changes
[10:28] You: well, i think it important - from a technical pov - that if we allow that
[10:28] Dnate Mars: maybe we could make the southern part, a mixed zone and the rest all residentual. Make the commerical be small scale in house only?
[10:28] You: to insist that the workshop is occluded and not lagging
[10:29] Arria Perreault: workshop concept is good
[10:29] Brian Livingston: I would like to point out that we have a lot of untapped commercial space, both in the NFS citizen's shop and the CN docks, both of which would permit residential owners to sell their wares in a commercial setting...
[10:29] Arria Perreault: people can maybe the creator working ...
[10:30] Jon Seattle: Yes, but mainly expensive or non-residental. I thin Arria has a point about a small land owner who has mainly residental purposes in mind.
[10:30] You: what i think hmm is that perhaps the small shop space is a bit misgiving... not sure if it isn't the low primmage stopping a bit the commerce
[10:30] Dnate Mars: maybe we should think about what we have in NFS and CN... having a place like the docks as a small and cheap area to sell on a small scale might be a good idea
[10:30] Jon Seattle: In CN we have large shops, and lots of those, and a few booths.
[10:31] You: well, i am pushing this to teh forums, if you all agree
[10:31] Jon Seattle: Yes :)
[10:31] Brian Livingston: In C, the docks are currently unused and would make an ideal location for a flea market/bazzare type area for those who do not ant to purchase large plots
[10:31] Arria Perreault: we could organize a market with products of the farm ;-)
[10:31] Arria Perreault: who can use the docks?
[10:31] You: the idea of teh docks was just that, Brian
[10:32] You: and also of teh stalls in the forum
[10:32] Brian Livingston: Indeed
[10:32] Dnate Mars: We need to use them
[10:32] You: but it's true that for a shop to look good... you do need a bit of prims
[10:32] Dnate Mars: unless people aren't wanting too?
[10:32] Brian Livingston: But the docks aren't shops persay
[10:32] Brian Livingston: They are for that person with 1-5 itesm to sell, or a vendor
[10:33] Brian Livingston: You don't really have to stage it
[10:33] You: yes... but that's maybe one reason why commerce is slow :)
[10:33] Brian Livingston: A sign and something to sell is all someone needs down there
[10:33] You: because people may not have a lot of patience to hop around SL looking at vendors with 5 items each
[10:34] You: (i know i haven't)
[10:34] Brian Livingston: Very true, but if there are 25 of them in one spot, in the same sim as a hopefully thriving commercial core?
[10:34] Brian Livingston: I think it would be much more appealing
[10:34] You: though as i am not a shopping aficcionado, my opinion counts little... very often is less trouble for me to do what i need :)
[10:34] Brian Livingston: Heheh
[10:35] You: ok guys, pushing the covenants discussion into the forums?
[10:35] Brian Livingston: Seconded
[10:35] Jon Seattle: Yes, please
[10:35] Brian Livingston loves to invent new words
[10:36] You: :)
[10:36] You: ok
[10:36] Tanoujin Milestone: deleting "push it :)
[10:36] You: i would like next to remind again that we do nee dto focus on the parcel plan
[10:36] You: and terrain
[10:36] Brian Livingston: Certainly
[10:36] Arria Perreault: ok
[10:37] Dnate Mars: but part of that also depends on what we want to do with the sim
[10:37] You: unfortunately, my mac needs to go meet its creator for a few days, so i am out of backhoe
[10:37] You: yes, surely
[10:37] Arria Perreault: a nice trip to Ireland?
[10:37] Dnate Mars: one more thing we need to know before we can plot, do we want the TH model or dircect TP?
[10:38] You: aaahh, no, Apple opened an Apple Store in Portugal, so it's all done here :)
[10:38] Arria Perreault: great. my Ipod went to Ireland...
[10:38] Brian Livingston: In this new sim, ther won't be a central point ,so perhaps TP?
[10:38] Brian Livingston: Unless we build the monestary, whcih could serveas a TH
[10:38] Leon Ash: Oh, could we have direct TP ... so much more preferable if predominantly Residencial
[10:39] You: Brian has a good point
[10:39] Dnate Mars: but do we want to maybe try a TP for those that like it better
[10:39] You: i must say that i don't hold any opinion on this at all
[10:39] Dnate Mars: I know there are a few that really hate the system we currenly have
[10:39] Arria Perreault: why can we have direct TP everywhere?
[10:39] Brian Livingston: I have no real objections for this sim to have TP, asl ong as we keep the current system for CN and NFS
[10:40] You: Arria, that was a historical decision at NFS and at CN
[10:40] You: to bring people streaming in through the commercial areas - platz and forum
[10:40] You: and let them explore the cities on foot
[10:40] You: but as Brian justly says, Alpine Meadows isn't a city
[10:40] Arria Perreault: my two houses are supposed to be commercial and are not on the forum...
[10:40] Dnate Mars: but if we don't really have that for the new sim, then I have no issue with TP
[10:40] Brian Livingston: Creating an immersive sense of place
[10:41] You: yes arria, but now imagine how many people less you would have passing your houses if you had direct TP
[10:41] Arria Perreault: when I had my exhibition, nothing was to sell on the forum and people find hardly the house
[10:42] You: but perhaps that is a solution for the problem
[10:42] Jon Seattle: Well, the one issue there.. and I don't yet have an opinion on this .. is that allowing direct TP can mean someone TPing to your living room or bedroom.
[10:42] Arria Perreault: so I moved my museum and my shop
[10:42] You: let AM be dire4ct TP
[10:42] Arria Perreault: tht's the reality...
[10:42] Jo Sapeur: Script run-time error
[10:42] Jo Sapeur: Stack-Heap Collision
[10:42] You: and teh people who are troubled for the central teleport can move to AM?
[10:42] Jo Sapeur: crashed >.<
[10:42] Arria Perreault: AM?
[10:43] You: Alpine Meadows :)
[10:43] Arria Perreault: well. i had a museum. I had a shop
[10:43] Arria Perreault: they are not there anymore mainly because people cannot get them directly
[10:43] Dnate Mars: Can we save the CN and NFS debate for another time, or the forums?
[10:44] Arria Perreault: what can we do to developp CN
[10:44] You: yes, the NFS and CN do not concern teh Guild
[10:44] Arria Perreault: we had a debate
[10:44] You: NFS and CN teleport, i mean
[10:44] Arria Perreault: and people told with good reasons that we have to change
[10:44] Arria Perreault: and nothing changed
[10:44] You: untill we are specifically asked to look at that issue, if ever
[10:44] Dnate Mars: and there are good reasons to not change... but we are not here to debate this today
[10:45] Arria Perreault: historical reasons are one things, experiment another one
[10:45] Dnate Mars: So, TP in AM good?
[10:45] Brian Livingston: Sure :)
[10:45] Arria Perreault: everywhere
[10:45] Tanoujin Milestone: yes, good, as Brian suggested
[10:46] Arria Perreault: i hope that if it is there, it will come everywhere
[10:46] Brian Livingston would LOVE to see thsi debate in teh forums :)
[10:46] You: i have nothing to oppose to direct TP in Alpine Meadows, but again as said, this is an issue to which i am very indifferent
[10:46] You: what with one getting a red column marking the spot you want to go, and all that :)
[10:47] Brian Livingston: True.
[10:48] Arria Perreault: it is not really ergonomic
[10:48] Dnate Mars: Ok, what about plots? Do we want big, small, both?
[10:48] Arria Perreault: it too sometimes weeks and months to people to understand what means this spot
[10:48] Brian Livingston: I'd say both, but probably more of the larger variety
[10:48] You: so do we decide for direct TP for AM?
[10:48] Arria Perreault: both
[10:49] Dnate Mars: I think so
[10:49] Brian Livingston: Yea
[10:49] Dnate Mars: no one objected to it
[10:49] Jon Seattle: Both, but I would watch out for too much space taken by really big plots.
[10:49] You: Rose posted her draft text on the forums
[10:50] You: i gather from it that the idea is to have larger plots
[10:50] Arria Perreault: i think that we need new citizen
[10:50] Dnate Mars: We still want to keep the 4k of land limit for all of CDS or just per sim?
[10:50] You: similarly to NFS valley or CN out-of-walls
[10:50] Arria Perreault: what it is?
[10:51] You: ah, i dunno what to say on that Dnate
[10:51] You: perhaps that is a matter of policy to be decided by the rA?
[10:51] Dnate Mars: do we want to make any suggestions to them?
[10:51] You: surely we can... but which?
[10:51] Dnate Mars: it seems that right now there is only a limit on the land in NFS
[10:52] You: what would you suggest?
[10:52] Jon Seattle: Dnate,there is a limit on CN land, but as far as I can see it is not enforced.
[10:52] Arria Perreault: limit for each owner?
[10:53] You: Arria, technically you can't own more than x m2 of land
[10:53] Dnate Mars: but I don't think there is a total limit within the CDS.. so someone could max out on CN land and NFS land, giving them a total of 8k of land in 2 sims
[10:53] You: per sim (right?) and depending on zones
[10:53] Dnate Mars: yep
[10:53] Jon Seattle: Yes, as it is currently.
[10:54] Arria Perreault: there is more limit in CN
[10:54] Dnate Mars: AFAIK, no one has gone over the limit in CN
[10:54] Dnate Mars: depends on the plots
[10:54] Arria Perreault: we cannot have more than 2 plots inner the wall
[10:54] Jon Seattle: Ah, depends on how you count ownership
[10:54] You: yes, but that is not a discussion for here
[10:55] Jon Seattle: You can always form a network of linked groups to get around any limit.
[10:55] Dnate Mars: right
[10:55] You: thus i say that it is a question of policy
[10:55] Dnate Mars: so , for now should we just assume the standerd 4k limit?
[10:55] Jon Seattle: nods.
[10:55] You: so as a firt thought, i would keep limits similarly to teh other sims
[10:56] You: and let the RA resolve later on on the sim/whole CDS limits
[10:56] Jon Seattle: Have to run, see you all later.
[10:56] Jon Seattle smiles and waves
[10:56] Moon Adamant hugs Jon
[10:56] Brian Livingston: Bye Jon
[10:56] Tanoujin Milestone: See you, Jon
[10:56] Jon Seattle hugs Moon
[10:56] Dnate Mars: I think keeping the plots to the sizes that are about as big as the outside the walls lots should do us well?
[10:57] You: my idea too, Dnate
[10:57] Dnate Mars: maybe around the 1k size per lot?
[10:57] You: i was yesterday doing a simulation in cad
[10:57] Dnate Mars: or maybe 1k to 3k sized lots?
[10:57] Brian Livingston: A few 512s tyhrown in I'd say as well
[10:57] You: actually, trying to have a clear image of Rose's text in a drawing (i think better with drawings :)
[10:58] Dnate Mars: do we want any micro plots? (128s)
[10:58] Leon Ash: Dnate, depends on if we need 'prim' lots?
[10:58] Leon Ash: I think
[10:58] You: and it's easier to start parcelling with larger plots... and then subdivide them if you need
[10:58] You: i think micro plots only as prim plots
[10:58] You: to assure landscape
[10:59] You: but i am willing to hear arguments opposite :)
[10:59] Dnate Mars: Do we want to have lots that will do nothing but give the sim prims to use for public use?
[11:00] You: that ties in with the public/private land ratio
[11:00] You: discussion
[11:00] Dnate Mars: it will allow people to buy these plots and join the CDS, but not really have land to build on
[11:00] You: btw Arria, thanks for your preview :))
[11:00] Arria Perreault: you're welcome
[11:01] You: ah Dnate, even worse... then it ties with the citizenship discussion!
[11:01] Tanoujin Milestone: lol
[11:01] You: i would suggest this
[11:01] You: because it was what happened with CN
[11:01] You: CN was all full before long, except for a plot near the bridge, outside the wall
[11:02] You: that plot was divided to make prim plots
[11:02] You: in AM, it will even be easier, i think, because we can always forest a plot that we subdivide
[11:02] Dnate Mars: ah, that is a good idea to do then
[11:02] Arria Perreault: yes, I think so
[11:02] You: exactly
[11:03] Dnate Mars: so let's plan on nothing but full plots and see where it goes from there
[11:03] You: so i think it more easy to start parcelling with larger plots
[11:03] You: easier*
[11:03] Dnate Mars: but before that, we need a landscape
[11:03] You: ehehe yes
[11:03] You: actually, at same time :)
[11:03] Dnate Mars: true
[11:03] Dnate Mars: but, I have to go, so good luck with that :)
[11:04] You: the two terrains are currently posted
[11:04] You: bye Dnate, thanks :)
[11:04] Tanoujin Milestone: :) Dante
[11:04] Arria Perreault: bye Dnate
[11:04] Tanoujin Milestone: oh, sorry i hate name typos
[11:04] Brian Livingston: Bye Dnate
[11:04] You: and that is also why i was starting the cad drawing from the opposite end
[11:05] You: that is, starting with the parcels, and see what happened
[11:05] Tanoujin Milestone: Moon, do you have data about demand already? Or are you working from experience?
[11:05] You: no data whatsoever on demand
[11:06] Arria Perreault: you will have a third proposal?
[11:06] You: i can say about demand that it historically floats a lot
[11:06] Jo Sapeur: have to go, take care everyone
[11:06] You: sometimes is the big plots that sell, sometimes the larger plots
[11:06] Tanoujin Milestone: bye, Jo!
[11:06] Arria Perreault: bye Jo
[11:06] You: thanks Jo, see you! :)
[11:06] Jo Sapeur: baibai
[11:06] Brian Livingston: Bye Jo
[11:06] Jo Sapeur waves and poofs
[11:06] You: there is always an effect of upgrade
[11:06] You: we saw that in CN
[11:07] You: some citizens that held land at NFS bought larger plots at CN
[11:07] Tanoujin Milestone: hmhm :)
[11:07] You: but that isn't surprising, considering that the urban plots in NFS are really very small
[11:07] Arria Perreault: yes, this is right
[11:08] You: i won't think that will happen so much now
[11:08] Tanoujin Milestone: NFS is a good starting point - so we naturally do not need microplots elsewhere
[11:08] You: because we now have a larger offer of plots sides already, so i think people will buy more depending on other things, such as aesthetics, etc
[11:08] You: direct TP possibly also
[11:09] You: about a third proposal on terrain... i don't know
[11:09] Arria Perreault: we have to make a choice
[11:09] You: i am trying to mainly get a feel of what the plots will look like
[11:10] Arria Perreault: anyway I think that if the plots are big, the houses will be small
[11:10] Arria Perreault: because of the slope
[11:10] You: well, that depends
[11:11] You: look at the two terrains
[11:11] You: Rose's allows you to build till the drop
[11:12] Brian Livingston: Ok folks, I've gott arun before the next meeting
[11:12] You: Jon also tries to make a lower slope by pushing a lot of the level difference to the upper skirts of the moutain
[11:12] Brian Livingston: I'll see you all later :)
[11:12] Arria Perreault: till the drop?
[11:12] You: thanks Brain :)
[11:12] Tanoujin Milestone: See you later, Brian
[11:12] Arria Perreault: see you soon Brian
[11:12] You: what i mean is that teh terrace solution allows you to level the plots somewhat
[11:13] You: thus allowing for larger builds
[11:13] You: mind also though that builds itself can be terraced
[11:14] Arria Perreault: yes, like in Himalaya
[11:14] Arria Perreault: i have given my arguments in the forum
[11:14] Arria Perreault: In think that we have to build a landscape with a certain realism
[11:15] Arria Perreault: there is not doubt that Jon's proposal is very good
[11:15] You: of course :)
[11:15] Arria Perreault: you know, I see the Alps from my place
[11:15] You: yes, i know
[11:16] You: i think atm that we do need to bring the parcel thinking and the terrain thinking together
[11:17] Arria Perreault: probably. but I can imagine that cottages can be nice
[11:17] Arria Perreault: and peopple can have sky boxes
[11:17] You: ah, another thing for covenants
[11:18] Arria Perreault: it has to be authorized
[11:18] You: mind that a sky box is only useful when you have a large primmage
[11:18] You: i mean, to have only 35 prims and also have a skybox... :)
[11:18] You: yes
[11:18] You: i have no opinion also on allowing skyboxes or not
[11:19] You: as long as they're sufficiently high to be invisible from the ground
[11:19] Tanoujin Milestone: exactly, Hi Pelanor :)
[11:19] Arria Perreault: of course
[11:19] Leon Ash: Hi Pel
[11:19] Arria Perreault: Hi Pel
[11:19] Pelanor Eldrich: Hi all
[11:19] Pelanor Eldrich: :)
[11:20] You: mind that AM it may mean that the eventual skyboxes be over the 650 m high
[11:20] You: Hi Pel, and wb Leon :)
[11:20] Arria Perreault: is there any limit?
[11:20] You: actually i don't know
[11:20] Tanoujin Milestone: 700 i think
[11:21] Tanoujin Milestone: you dont get the prims higher
[11:21] You: there is a limit to simple teleporters
[11:21] Arria Perreault: ok
[11:21] You: they may not be able to teleport you very high
[11:21] Tanoujin Milestone: another argument fot TP at AM
[11:21] Tanoujin Milestone: Map-tp
[11:21] You: but that can be easily solved of course, the guild makes available a long-range teleporter
[11:22] Tanoujin Milestone: ah, interesting :)
[11:22] You: i have a script, i think
[11:22] You: it sometimes breaks with updates
[11:22] You: i had that problem once
[11:23] You: ok guys
[11:23] You: second point was schloss
[11:23] You: any info?
[11:23] Tanoujin Milestone: Schloss, ok, short:
[11:23] Tanoujin Milestone: News: Samantha installed 2 new state of the art sculpt spiral stairs as replacements.
[11:23] Tanoujin Milestone: Nikki is collecting texts (about the history of the Schloss) Terrain: maps & model finished
[11:23] You: eheheh great :)
[11:23] Tanoujin Milestone: Terrain: maps & model finished
[11:24] Tanoujin Milestone: To do: groundplans & model of the Schloss
[11:24] You: good work :)
[11:24] Tanoujin Milestone: Overnext: stocktaking (List of Prims, Creators, Permissions)
[11:24] Tanoujin Milestone: fin :)
[11:24] Tanoujin Milestone: do you want to see the model?
[11:24] Arria Perreault: will Nikki try to make another meeting?
[11:24] You: please!
[11:24] Arria Perreault: yes
[11:25] Tanoujin Milestone: ok should be copyable
[11:25] Tanoujin Milestone: you can tear it apart... i am proud of the altitude map
[11:25] You: looking very good indeed :))
[11:26] Arria Perreault: yes, very good
[11:26] You: how did you do it? blender?
[11:26] Tanoujin Milestone: Photoshop
[11:26] Tanoujin Milestone: only :)
[11:26] You: aaah impressive!
[11:26] Leon Ash: Very!
[11:26] Tanoujin Milestone: i hope we can use it for proposals
[11:27] Tanoujin Milestone: people can build their models on it
[11:27] You: indeed, very good work!
[11:27] Tanoujin Milestone: if we ever wnt to change...
[11:27] Tanoujin Milestone: thank you :)
[11:27] Tanoujin Milestone: well Nikki and me, and our silent worker Samantha, we just go on
[11:27] Tanoujin Milestone: more to come :)
[11:28] Arria Perreault: when you need help, no problem
[11:28] Arria Perreault: just ask
[11:28] Tanoujin Milestone: yes, thank you, Arria, i will ask
[11:28] You: hmmm Tan, you shouldn't let it everyone to copy
[11:28] Tanoujin Milestone: its just here and now
[11:28] You: ok :)
[11:29] Tanoujin Milestone: sure - and it has no "special info" yet
[11:29] Tanoujin Milestone: i would put that elsewhere
[11:29] Pelanor Eldrich: I think, like a well built cathedral, a well built schloss is can really be a true artisanal masterpiece, something that can build skills and *make* the reputation of a builder.
[11:29] You: i agree
[11:29] Pelanor Eldrich: (Like it did in medieval times)
[11:30] Tanoujin Milestone: yes, we joked already to have a schloss for every day of the week
[11:30] You: ehehe
[11:30] Leon Ash: I need to do a few other things. See all at the RA meeting in 30 :-)
[11:30] You: see you there! :)
[11:30] Tanoujin Milestone: see you there
[11:30] Arria Perreault: i am not sure to come
[11:30] Pelanor Eldrich: While the unskilled cowans and skilled aprentices/journeyman moved from job to job, the master and architects often spent 20+ yrs onsite of a Cathedral or Castle.
[11:31] Tanoujin Milestone: true, Pelanor, and some cathedrals are critical - they never stopped building :)
[11:31] You: practice makes perfect :)
[11:31] You: and commitment
[11:32] You: Bernini spent two years ONLY studying Michelangelo's work
[11:32] Pelanor Eldrich: Just wanted to throw a little guild/mason/freemason history in there...
[11:32] Tanoujin Milestone: Pel, thats very welcome
[11:32] You: ah, but it's important to look at that
[11:33] You: Tan, the model is really good
[11:33] You: and i am impressed at the work you guys already made
[11:33] Tanoujin Milestone: ok, i hope you have a copy, going to put it off again :)
[11:33] You: i was thinking now... where will that work be shown?
[11:34] You: can we make an exhibit of it? or perhaps a section of the site to be?
[11:34] Tanoujin Milestone: hm, i thought of the model, a book or the like inworld
[11:34] Tanoujin Milestone: and a corresponding pdf to download
[11:34] You: i know it's early still to think on that... but perhaps to have a goal will help you also
[11:34] You: great .))
[11:35] Tanoujin Milestone: but i need lecturers the, and authors ;)
[11:35] Tanoujin Milestone: we have the deadline end of the year...
[11:35] You: yes, i know
[11:36] Tanoujin Milestone: yes, i think we need our time, i keep you updated, and if someone would help to supervise and get people involved, that would be great
[11:36] Arria Perreault: yes, i would like to participate
[11:37] Tanoujin Milestone: you are in, Arria, thank you!
[11:37] Arria Perreault: yes, but I don't know really what I can do
[11:37] Pelanor Eldrich: Sorry to run guys, I promised I'd meet with the Metaverse Republic. I'll be back for the RA meeting and (I hope) Gywn's arbitration meeting at 2...
[11:37] Tanoujin Milestone: See you Pelanor :)
[11:37] Arria Perreault: Bye Pel
[11:37] Pelanor Eldrich: Great job BTW, my thanks!
[11:38] You: ah, he's too fast lol
[11:38] You: ok, Arria, Tan
[11:38] You: any other business, or can we adjourn?
[11:38] Arria Perreault: well I have
[11:38] You: ok, let's hear it
[11:39] Arria Perreault: first, Schloss: I just would to know what I can really do, how I can be informed ...
[11:39] You: well Arria, that you must coord with Nikki, Tan and Sam
[11:40] You: as for info, perhaps carrying on the thread?
[11:40] Tanoujin Milestone: Arria, this is a process you participated all the time, you pointed out : importance of history...
[11:41] Tanoujin Milestone: oh, really, i tell everything here - i hope you could be an author?
[11:41] Tanoujin Milestone: and i could need your email from a certain point on...
[11:41] Arria Perreault: arria.marcella<at>gmail.com
[11:41] You: that is surely something Arria can do, with her training and experience :))
[11:41] Tanoujin Milestone: thanks!
[11:42] Arria Perreault: where are writing?
[11:42] Tanoujin Milestone: i am open to suggestions, Nikki is collecting texts
[11:43] Tanoujin Milestone: i think we dont have the place for 3000 signs, who will read that - we need quality :)
[11:43] Arria Perreault: a wiki is a better tool
[11:43] You: where would it be hosted?
[11:44] Arria Perreault: don't we have a wiki?
[11:44] You: should the guild require space in the CDS servers for you?
[11:44] Arria Perreault: i can open a wiki in 2 second with free hosting
[11:44] You: well, we have something that goes by that name for the legislation
[11:44] Tanoujin Milestone: yes, ok, if you want that, you have to lead it :) And tell what file types you need, or boil them down yourself
[11:44] You: oh, that's great then
[11:44] Tanoujin Milestone: yes, hehe. fun
[11:45] Arria Perreault: i will open the wiki and give the link
[11:45] Arria Perreault: we can migrate later on the new portal
[11:45] You: i actually have to face our legislation wiki for the sims covenants myself today... wish me luck :)
[11:46] Tanoujin Milestone: hu, good luck with it, Moon :-)
[11:46] Arria Perreault: we wish you good luck ...
[11:46] You: it's the wiki and our forums search
[11:46] Arria Perreault: the other thing was my course
[11:46] You: i never could get that search to work
[11:46] You: ok
[11:46] Moon Adamant listens
[11:46] Arria Perreault: well. it was very desappointing
[11:46] You: :(
[11:46] Tanoujin Milestone: sigh
[11:47] Arria Perreault: we have spoken a lot of times to organize courses
[11:47] Arria Perreault: i did and nobody come, except Ulysse
[11:47] You: yes, and the faculty is tehre for it
[11:47] Arria Perreault: mainly he is a friend
[11:47] You: i am very sorry to hear that
[11:47] Arria Perreault: how can we interpret that?
[11:47] You: and sorry i couldn't show up either
[11:47] Arria Perreault: nobody told me his/her interest too
[11:48] Arria Perreault: maybe everyone is able to make tee-shirts...
[11:48] You: i don't know how to explain it Arria
[11:48] You: but maybe a hint is
[11:48] Arria Perreault: usually I make them for people
[11:48] Tanoujin Milestone: Arria, let us sign up beforehand for your classes, and take a *symbolic* fee
[11:48] You: check the list of people that has volunteered for the Guild
[11:49] You: check the list of people that has volunteered for the Wgs
[11:49] You: you'll see it's always the same dozen or so
[11:49] You: you know, i have hmmm
[11:49] Arria Perreault: well I have to add that Dnate and Rose made a great job for advertising
[11:49] You: 19 years of experience in associative work
[11:49] Arria Perreault: they put my signs, they send group notices
[11:50] Tanoujin Milestone: Arria, is that for non citizens as well?
[11:50] Arria Perreault: for everyone
[11:50] Tanoujin Milestone: it was not posted as event...
[11:50] You: and i know fully well that at any group, it's always just a few that pull things up
[11:51] Arria Perreault: well I was thinking that CDS people would come
[11:51] You: but yes, Tan is right, if open to the SL population, having posted it in the general event list would have brought more people, perhaps?
[11:51] Arria Perreault: maybe
[11:51] You: but i do feel sorry you feel disappointed :(
[11:52] Arria Perreault: i took time to prepare it...
[11:52] Arria Perreault: so I am not sure to start again
[11:52] Tanoujin Milestone: me too, it was a top priority on my list....
[11:52] You: i understand that
[11:52] Tanoujin Milestone: sure, understand
[11:52] Arria Perreault: in my mind, it was to share knowledge
[11:53] Arria Perreault: and also encourage other people to do the same
[11:53] Arria Perreault: who will organize a course now ;-)
[11:53] Tanoujin Milestone: it was the same with brians class, right?
[11:53] You: ehehe i will slowly
[11:54] You: but i think this need sto be discussed within faculty
[11:54] Arria Perreault: i think too
[11:54] You: i'll drop an IM with Dnate, and see if we can get a purely faculty meeting
[11:54] Arria Perreault: yes, it would be a good idea
[11:54] You: so we can focus on courses' issues
[11:54] You: ok, i'll do that
[11:54] Arria Perreault: thank you
[11:55] Tanoujin Milestone: Arria, dont delet it , ok?
[11:55] Tanoujin Milestone: :)
[11:55] Arria Perreault: i will not
[11:55] Tanoujin Milestone: uff, good
[11:55] Tanoujin Milestone: do we have to run for the ram?
[11:55] Arria Perreault: maybe it was a too easy topic?
[11:56] Tanoujin Milestone: i thought it would be the base of following classes - as announced - prim clothes
[11:56] Tanoujin Milestone: but, yes, could be a point
[11:56] You: dunno
[11:56] You: can't judge that
[11:57] You: i mean, for me making a tshirt is easy... but then i have been around for 3 years or so
[11:57] You: so i would think that recent citizens would be glad to start by that
[11:57] Arria Perreault: it was my thought
[11:57] You: heya Dnate :)
[11:57] Arria Perreault: specially for them who organizes events
[11:58] You: besides, one never knows... you could have a smart trick that i wouldn't know yet :))
[11:58] Arria Perreault: Hi again
[11:58] You: ok guys
[11:58] You: i need to adjourn now
[11:58] You: RA meeting in 2minutes, also i am hungry :)
[11:58] You: ok by you?
[11:58] Tanoujin Milestone: thanks for chairing :)
[11:58] Arria Perreault: well, my intention was to provide an easy template, to do it in 2 minutes
[11:58] Tanoujin Milestone: please adjourn :-)
[11:58] Arria Perreault: ok
[11:59] You: thank you for showing by :))

Post Reply

Return to “CDS Artisan Guild”