Government Question Hour

Announcements of activities and events in CDS.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Post Reply
Dnate Mars
Veteran debater
Veteran debater
Posts: 285
Joined: Fri May 26, 2006 9:32 am

Government Question Hour

Post by Dnate Mars »

Government Question Hour Sunday, Sept. 16th 8am SLT in the amphitheatre. Bring any questions you may have for the SC, RA, or Chancellor!

Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard
Posts: 1364
Joined: Sun Oct 29, 2006 3:42 pm

Post by Beathan »

I will not be able to attend this question hour -- but if anyone wants to ask me questions about the RA, feel free to do so by inworld IM or by message to my account on these forums.


Let's keep things simple enough to be fair, substantive enough to be effective, and insightful enough to be good.
Dnate Mars
Veteran debater
Veteran debater
Posts: 285
Joined: Fri May 26, 2006 9:32 am

Post by Dnate Mars »

The people that have committed to be there are myself, Pat, and Gwyn. Anyone else that is part of any of the branches are welcome to join in to answer or ask questions.

Dnate Mars
Veteran debater
Veteran debater
Posts: 285
Joined: Fri May 26, 2006 9:32 am

Post by Dnate Mars »

[8:10] Sleazy Writer: OK, this meeting is about asking the government some questions, if you have any -- Justice: shoot!
[8:10] Justice Soothsayer: OK
[8:10] Gwyneth Llewelyn: We'll still have some people left :)
[8:11] Gwyneth Llewelyn: And ok.
[8:11] Justice Soothsayer: I can't stay long, but I do have one question, for Pat.
[8:11] Patroklus Murakami: sure, go ahead
[8:11] Justice Soothsayer: Pat, as LRA, can you tell us about the legislative agenda for this session of the RA? What is the One Big Thing that the RA will tackle this term?
[8:12] Patroklus Murakami: oh my. that's a good question! there are so many things we could tackle
[8:12] Patroklus Murakami: let my try to give you a full answer
[8:12] Justice Soothsayer: No, Pat, just One Big Thing!
[8:12] Patroklus Murakami: i've tried to put together a 'programme' for the term
[8:12] Patroklus Murakami: that's based on our CSDF election manifesto and input from the other parties
[8:13] Patroklus Murakami: to be frank, i haven't had much 'input' from the others tho on priorities etc
[8:13] Basic Chair: Right click me and choose 'Sit Here' to sit down
[8:13] Patroklus Murakami: despite *lots* of trying :)
[8:13] Justice Soothsayer: sounds to me like CARE folks want citizenship reform as the One Big Thing.
[8:14] Patroklus Murakami: i wanted to avoid the situation we're accustomed to where legislation is driven by whoever shouts loudest
[8:14] Justice Soothsayer: lol
[8:14] Patroklus Murakami: or by 'events'
[8:14] Gwyneth Llewelyn: :-)
[8:14] Patroklus Murakami: but to answer your question....
[8:15] Patroklus Murakami: i think citizenship will be the 'one big thing' if we cna find a reformm that will command popular support
[8:15] Sleazy Writer: hey Tan :)
[8:15] Salzie Sachertorte is Online
[8:15] Dnate Mars: welcome Tan
[8:15] Patroklus Murakami: electoral reform will also be a major milestone
[8:15] Tanoujin Milestone: :) hello, thanks for the notice ...
[8:15] Justice Soothsayer: hi Tan
[8:15] Gwyneth Llewelyn: hi tan :)
[8:15] Tanoujin Milestone: Hello, good morning :)
[8:15] Patroklus Murakami: and i'm hopeful we can resolve the IP issue/what is teh CDS for/ establish a head of state
[8:16] Justice Soothsayer: thanks Pat. I'm sorry I have to run off so soon, but family needs are calling.
[8:16] Patroklus Murakami: all of which are quite 'big ticket' issues
[8:16] Patroklus Murakami: hope that answers your question
[8:16] Patroklus Murakami: and is nto too verbose
[8:16] Gwyneth Llewelyn: nice to see you around, Justice — and hello Tan :))
[8:16] Patroklus Murakami: enjoy your day, especially with your family J :)
[8:16] Tanoujin Milestone: good bye, Justice:) ahh, too late again
[8:17] Tanoujin Milestone: tzz, ok i see the 3 branches and a gen sec :)
[8:17] Sleazy Writer: I'm here as a citizen
[8:17] Tanoujin Milestone: ;)
[8:17] Patroklus Murakami: btw is anyone keeping a transcript?
[8:17] Sleazy Writer: Do you have any questions Tan?
[8:18] Dnate Mars: I will be posting the chat log, if that is ok with everyone here
[8:18] Sleazy Writer: Sure
[8:19] Gwyneth Llewelyn *nods*
[8:19] Patroklus Murakami: fine by me dnate. i think it's a good thing to publish it
[8:19] Tanoujin Milestone: yes. I would like to ask Dnate, if i am a Caretaker now for NFS, and if so, if i could have the ability to clean up plywood :)
[8:19] Dnate Mars: lol
[8:19] Tanoujin Milestone: ehehe
[8:19] Sleazy Writer: Or did the chancellor expect Tan to serve coffee? :-/
[8:19] Sleazy Writer: sorry lame joke :)
[8:20] Tanoujin Milestone: better than my jokes , but that is no compliment :-D
[8:20] Sleazy Writer: So that question is answered?
[8:20] Sleazy Writer: Welcome Salz
[8:21] Sleazy Writer: have a seat
[8:21] Salzie Sachertorte: rezzing hang on
[8:21] Dnate Mars: I will look into it for you
[8:21] Gwyneth Llewelyn: hiya Salzie!
[8:21] Patroklus Murakami: hi salzie :)
[8:21] Salzie Sachertorte: hi
[8:21] Sleazy Writer: Err, chancellor, *what* is the *use* of a caretaker if she/he doesn't have the possibility to remove garbage?
[8:21] Dnate Mars: not much
[8:21] Salzie Sachertorte: hm can't see anyone - I think I need to put a group on
[8:22] Tanoujin Milestone: Hello Salzie! hm, i have a question that is quite similar - has the executive the ri
[8:22] Tanoujin Milestone: ght to change the tp settings for an event, or is that a politicon?
[8:22] Sleazy Writer: Dn + Tan > I also think Aliasi once officially remarked that a caretaker has 'bouncer' powers, .. this could be quite useful for the Oktober fest
[8:22] Gwyneth Llewelyn: uh-huh
[8:23] Sleazy Writer: bouncer as in : ejecting griefers after appropriate warnings
[8:23] Tanoujin Milestone: yes, Sleazy, i took aliasis definition of the job
[8:23] Dnate Mars: I will get you as an estate manager for the sims
[8:23] Patroklus Murakami: hmm. interesting qn tan :)
[8:23] You have offered friendship to Tanoujin Milestone
[8:24] Tanoujin Milestone is Online
[8:24] Patroklus Murakami: i wonder what the constitution says?
[8:24] Salzie Sachertorte is Offline
[8:24] Jade Lily is Offline
[8:24] Patroklus Murakami: are tp points covered?
[8:24] Tanoujin Milestone: Thanks, Pat! I ask in the interest of Rose - she had a hard time yesterday
[8:24] Gwyneth Llewelyn: No, Pat :D
[8:24] Kendra Bancroft is Offline
[8:25] Dnate Mars: Well, I can't change the overall theme of the sim
[8:25] Gwyneth Llewelyn: But, well, if they're in public land, they're at the mercy of the Chancellor's whim ;)
[8:25] Dnate Mars: but I am not sure if the TP is part of the theme or not
[8:25] Sleazy Writer: It can be argued that short term TP changes are included in 'day to day running', if that's included in the Exec. powers
[8:26] Sleazy Writer: Can I ask the Chancellor and RA representative a question?
[8:27] Patroklus Murakami: sure. if we've covered teh tp point fully
[8:27] Dnate Mars: no
[8:27] Dnate Mars: ;)
[8:27] Gwyneth Llewelyn: :)
[8:27] Tanoujin Milestone: hehe
[8:27] Dnate Mars: go on...
[8:27] Gwyneth Llewelyn: I really think that there is some margin for what the Exec is supposed to do to "keep things in theme"
[8:27] Gwyneth Llewelyn: So I'm afraid this is a case,
[8:27] Gwyneth Llewelyn: where the Chancellor is able to apply his common sense
[8:28] Patroklus Murakami: what was the major issue with tp points during the event?
[8:28] Patroklus Murakami: was it the change of location?
[8:28] Gwyneth Llewelyn: and do whatever is deemed to be more reasonable.
[8:28] Patroklus Murakami: surely when there'a pink star on the map it makes life easier?
[8:28] Tanoujin Milestone: cn had technical difficulties, the event moved back to NFS
[8:28] Sleazy Writer: Gw + Dn > I think TP buttons would be the best solution
[8:28] Tanoujin Milestone: and all attendants that rezzed at CN had to go to the platz and from there to the schloss
[8:29] Dnate Mars: I know how to change it, but I don't know what will happen if I change it back from direct to the TH, I hope we don't lose the landing point
[8:29] Patroklus Murakami: aah, i see. that must ahve been a pain :)
[8:29] Tanoujin Milestone: we were arfraid we would loose traffic and offered personal tps
[8:29] Gwyneth Llewelyn: We might, Dnate ;)
[8:29] Gwyneth Llewelyn: alas, this was an exceptinal thing,
[8:29] Patroklus Murakami: we could get a tp board for 2k L$
[8:29] Gwyneth Llewelyn: I mean, CN and NFS are not always down :(
[8:29] Gwyneth Llewelyn: Or rather,
[8:29] Gwyneth Llewelyn: SL is not always misbehaving!
[8:29] Patroklus Murakami: is it that hard to solve teh problem?
[8:30] Tanoujin Milestone: sure! i talk about conditions when it seems to be appropriate to allow direct tp
[8:30] Gwyneth Llewelyn: hehe
[8:30] Gwyneth Llewelyn: that's a political issue ;)
[8:30] Gwyneth Llewelyn remains silent.
[8:31] Tanoujin Milestone: If Rose is busy to work around a setting, she is handicapped on her tasks - ah - political - ok
[8:31] Sleazy Writer: Guys, we're having a surpise appearance :)
[8:31] Patroklus Murakami: i think that could be at the discretion of the chancellor. i'd object to changing it *permanently* but not for an event
[8:31] Gwyneth Llewelyn: oooh
[8:31] Gwyneth Llewelyn: Diderot!!!!!
[8:31] Sleazy Writer: welcome :)
[8:31] Patroklus Murakami: hi diderot :)
[8:31] Gwyneth Llewelyn: yay :)
[8:31] Tanoujin Milestone: Hello Diderot :)
[8:31] Gwyneth Llewelyn: welcome indeed!
[8:31] Diderot Mirabeau: hello evertbody and thanks .. don't let me sidetrack you please :-)
[8:31] Dnate Mars: Well, I also don't want to be the one the really breaks NFS
[8:32] Gwyneth Llewelyn: hehe Dnate
[8:32] Michel Manen is Online
[8:32] Gwyneth Llewelyn: As said, I won't comment,
[8:32] Gwyneth Llewelyn: except for saying
[8:32] Gwyneth Llewelyn: that the Chancellor has some margin
[8:32] Gwyneth Llewelyn: on deciding things on his own,
[8:32] Gwyneth Llewelyn: when it comes to "compliance of covenants"
[8:33] Gwyneth Llewelyn: I mean, that's the whole point of having a Chancellor, isn't it?
[8:33] Gwyneth Llewelyn: Making quick decisions,
[8:33] Dnate Mars: lol
[8:33] Gwyneth Llewelyn: on the spur of the moment
[8:33] Gwyneth Llewelyn: based on common sense.
[8:33] Gwyneth Llewelyn: And well, if that common sense was not so sensible,
[8:33] Dnate Mars: I get the hint, Gwyn ;)
[8:33] Gwyneth Llewelyn: the RA validates :D
[8:33] Gwyneth Llewelyn: hehehe
[8:33] Gwyneth Llewelyn: So, I'll be silent again ;)
[8:33] Michel Manen is Offline
[8:33] Sleazy Writer: hm, it's really nice to see the SC in-world :) we still have an SC!
[8:33] Patroklus Murakami: LOL!
[8:33] Gwyneth Llewelyn: Barely, Sleazy, barely...
[8:34] Sleazy Writer: Diderot, if you want to do a good cross interrogation of the gov't, the honour is all yours
[8:34] Diderot Mirabeau: hehe thanks ..
[8:34] Diderot Mirabeau: well I have been wondering about one issue but I'm not sure I can put it in the shape of a question
[8:34] Diderot Mirabeau: or rather .. a single question
[8:35] Diderot Mirabeau: I'd like to know if any of you .. but perhaps in particular the legislative and executive branches .. have any vision of the role of the CDS government being to build up institutions
[8:35] Dnate Mars: BTW, we are recording this session....
[8:35] Diderot Mirabeau: ah okay .. where can I consent?
[8:35] Dnate Mars: just say you do
[8:35] Diderot Mirabeau: I do
[8:35] Diderot Mirabeau: consent that is
[8:35] Gwyneth Llewelyn: Ah, whew
[8:36] Gwyneth Llewelyn: I was worried for a moment ;)
[8:36] Gwyneth Llewelyn: LOL
[8:36] Diderot Mirabeau: hehe
[8:36] Patroklus Murakami: what kind of institutions diderot?
[8:36] Dnate Mars: when you say institutions, what do you mean?
[8:36] Gwyneth Llewelyn: NGOs?
[8:36] Diderot Mirabeau: well .. government institutions to focus on and implement/enforce particular political objectives .. such as say 'promoting business in CDS' ... or 'establishing a financial sector in CDS' .,. or 'promote tourist industry in CDS' and so on
[8:37] Gwyneth Llewelyn: more than commitees?
[8:37] Gwyneth Llewelyn: permanent institutions?
[8:37] Gwyneth Llewelyn: hmm
[8:37] Diderot Mirabeau: yep
[8:37] Gwyneth Llewelyn: good question!
[8:38] Patroklus Murakami: hmmm. not institutions perhaps just yet. we're too small. but this sounds like part of the rationale for 'ministers' or 'people with special respoinsibility for' an area of activity
[8:38] Sleazy Writer ponders about asking Did. + Pat a question about the near-death chamber of commerce .. but I first have another question -- later ..
[8:39] Dnate Mars: I think that we really already have them in the form of NGOs. Between the traders, the guild, and the MoCA. I don't think it is the government's job to do that kind of thing.
[8:39] Patroklus Murakami: but a lot of what you've described could be led by NGOs, and that's probably better than something state-led
[8:39] Diderot Mirabeau: I'm wondering .. in a sense .. we have a few institutions already ... like say the duties carried out by Rudeen and by our chancellor ..
[8:39] Gwyneth Llewelyn: mmh both are "Government" though... the New Guild is, indeed, an institution
[8:40] Diderot Mirabeau: and my opinion is that having a set of political objectives / recurring tasks organised as taken care of by an institution is not the most efficient way of getting them done ..
[8:40] Sleazy Writer: Diderot, you don't mean ministerial departments, that do certain Exec. jobs?
[8:40] Diderot Mirabeau: but as Pat touches upon .. and as I fear .. isn't the voluntraistic character of our community a serious impediment to the establishment of institutions ..
[8:41] Dnate Mars: any new government job would be voluntray
[8:41] Gwyneth Llewelyn: Hmm :)
[8:42] Diderot Mirabeau: well Top ministerial departments tend to have very broadly defined goals .. I think the "agency" level would be more .. appropriate for what I'm thinking of ..
[8:42] Dnate Mars: we really don't have jobs, just tasks
[8:42] Gwyneth Llewelyn: Why? We can afford to pay government officials and civil servants ;)
[8:42] Patroklus Murakami: hmm. that depends on your perspective diderot. i can agree that govnt action is needed, for example, to establish banking institutions. but trade and commerce coudl be entirely NGO-driven
[8:42] Sleazy Writer: "volunteers + size" <----- population + size is the answer, IMO
[8:42] Gwyneth Llewelyn: :-D
[8:42] Patroklus Murakami: and a thriving civil society, outised of 'the govnt' is something we should aim to foster
[8:43] Patroklus Murakami: sorry, getting 'political' now :)
[8:43] Gwyneth Llewelyn: It's your job, dear Pat ;)
[8:43] Sleazy Writer: Diderot > An 'agency' would be a 1-3 person group committing to a certain task? Such as a PIO or Land management team?
[8:43] Diderot Mirabeau: that's true .. I think the project/commission model of the new guild being assigned a task of developing a new sim is a good model that could perhaps bridge the gap between government and civil society .. even with regard to establishing additional government capacities ..
[8:44] Dnate Mars: I think many of the issues right now are that we are just too small, if we had a bigger pool of people to go to, we might have more people to do these jobs
[8:44] Diderot Mirabeau: imagine the government wanting to stimulate the development of a banking sector .. legislation would be drawn up and perhaps even a project plan .. and then the job would be put up for tender
[8:44] Gwyneth Llewelyn: Ah. Do I notice a touch of 'politics' from the pro-population-growth faction there, Dnate? ;)
[8:44] Gwyneth Llewelyn turns irony mode off now
[8:45] Diderot Mirabeau: with different teams competing on solicting proposals for how to establish the capacity .. presumably offering a solution incorporating a great deal of scripting to automate tasks of government bureaucracy (just like we have our notary system now for example)
[8:45] Dnate Mars: who, me ;)
[8:45] Gwyneth Llewelyn: hehe
[8:45] Diderot Mirabeau: Sleazy> yes that could be a way of getting out of the problem with one person offices being vulnerable to RL business fluctuation ..
[8:46] Diderot Mirabeau: I agree Dnate
[8:46] Diderot Mirabeau: but I wonder if some of it could be solved by opening up
[8:46] Diderot Mirabeau: such 'government tenders' for non-citizen suppliers
[8:46] Sleazy Writer: I wonder if this question by Diderot has been answered
[8:46] Dnate Mars: I think we need to just follow "If we build it, they will come" motto
[8:46] Gwyneth Llewelyn: If you're not at Colonia Nova's Amphitheatre right now, you're missing the Government's Question Hours :)
[8:47] Diderot Mirabeau: I warned you .. it was more a bunch of loose thoughts than an exact question .. but thanks for listening to me :-)
[8:48] Sleazy Writer: Very interesting thoughts, thanks
[8:48] Patroklus Murakami: i think i'd need to see a proposal diderot to answeryour qn fully. always happier with a proposal than something abstract :)
[8:48] Diderot Mirabeau: certainly
[8:48] Sleazy Writer: Can I ask my question?
[8:48] Patroklus Murakami: i used to be capable of abstarct thought but, alas, no more
[8:48] Diderot Mirabeau: hehe ... must be all the meetings in trans-continental timezones
[8:48] Gwyneth Llewelyn: :)
[8:49] Diderot Mirabeau would like to hear SLeazy's question
[8:49] Dnate Mars: you just did, Sleazy. So the anwser is yes ;)
[8:49] Patroklus Murakami listens to sleazy
[8:49] Diderot Mirabeau: lol
[8:49] Gwyneth Llewelyn: Sleazy's question next?
[8:49] Gwyneth Llewelyn: and hehe Dnate
[8:49] Sleazy Writer: My question is to the Chancellor and the rep. from the largest party
[8:49] Sleazy Writer: In the transcript of the New Guild, Rose Springvale our new PIO talked about events for the Oktoberfest
[8:50] Sleazy Writer: quote
[8:50] Sleazy Writer: "he's approved it... not sure yet how much will actually be funded, but i'm proceeding "
[8:50] Gwyneth Llewelyn: (who's "he" in this context?) — sorry for interrupting
[8:50] Dnate Mars: (me)
[8:50] Gwyneth Llewelyn: Oh! lol
[8:50] Sleazy Writer nods
[8:50] Gwyneth Llewelyn: ok
[8:50] Sleazy Writer: my question is about that quote
[8:51] Diderot Mirabeau wonders if that's SL's new speech module working
[8:51] Gwyneth Llewelyn: new speech module???
[8:51] Diderot Mirabeau: hehe no .. voice chat is what it's called
[8:51] Gwyneth Llewelyn: ah, lol
[8:52] Gwyneth Llewelyn: Did we lose Pat, btw?
[8:52] Diderot Mirabeau: but an artificial speech module would be a good crutch for people who want to participate in voice but prefer to stay anonymous
[8:52] Patroklus Murakami: no, i'm still here :0
[8:52] Gwyneth Llewelyn: 2009, Diderot :)
[8:52] Sleazy Writer: does this mean that .. (1) PIO doesnt have enough money to properly organise her events? and .... does this mean that (2) Government allows private citizens to fund sim-events with their personal wallets? Don't get me wrong about (2) I absolutely like it that Rose is so determined to organise things, but people paying from their own wallets *would* be the wrong thing
[8:52] Gwyneth Llewelyn: Ah, well, wasn't there a question from Sleazy?
[8:52] Sleazy Writer: Dnate first please
[8:52] Dnate Mars: Ah, I can answer that
[8:52] Patroklus Murakami: well, i was wwaiting for the qn :)
[8:52] Gwyneth Llewelyn: LOL
[8:53] Gwyneth Llewelyn *shakes head*
[8:53] Sleazy Writer: I just typed 2 questions!
[8:53] Dnate Mars: Basically, we are treating octoberfest as a seperate "event" that will not me coming out of the normal events budget
[8:53] Patroklus Murakami: i know. now i'm waiting for dnate's answer!
[8:53] Sleazy Writer: Dn > then from what budget will it come?
[8:54] Dnate Mars: So, we know if the worst comes to worse, we will have the 4k for the month
[8:54] Dnate Mars: but, we are putting together a seperate budget that will will be giving to the RA to approve for the events
[8:54] Patroklus Murakami: well sleazy. last year, we had a budget but no oktoberfest :)
[8:55] Sleazy Writer: So our PIO is advancing the money from her personal wallet? ... why is the Exec. (and RA) lagging behind in budgetting for expenses?
[8:55] Dnate Mars: So, we are still working through that side of things. The events have been planned, we just get to get the budget approved now
[8:55] Patroklus Murakami: i'd rather have oktoberfest being planned and about to happen, even if the budget has not yet been finalised
[8:55] Patroklus Murakami: there's 4k per month which can be tapped if necessary
[8:56] Patroklus Murakami: but i woiudl like to see a budget proposal
[8:56] Dnate Mars: Most of what has been done, AFAIK, has just been agreement, I don't think anything has been paid yet
[8:56] Patroklus Murakami: on your second question, the CDS should not be funded out of people's personal income
[8:56] Gwyneth Llewelyn: Definitely not!!
[8:57] Sleazy Writer: I don't know if the Oktober fest will feature performers like yesterday's storyteller, but those generally cost 10k+
[8:57] Dnate Mars: But, it might be a good idea to allow corp sponsers
[8:57] Patroklus Murakami: when contracting 'on behalf of the CDS'. i'm not aware that is happening tho
[8:57] Patroklus Murakami: i hope it's not
[8:57] Patroklus Murakami: i have a question for the SC, if i may?
[8:57] Sleazy Writer: I'm not finished yet
[8:57] Gwyneth Llewelyn: LOL
[8:58] Sleazy Writer: Dnate, is non-government funding being used now, and if so, how does the RA know the status of that?
[8:59] Dnate Mars: We have no non-government funding, other then tip jars
[8:59] Gwyneth Llewelyn: We do have tip jars???
[8:59] Gwyneth Llewelyn: Wow!
[8:59] Dnate Mars: only at some of the events, but that is for the performer
[8:59] Sleazy Writer: Good, I hope the government can supply the needed funding in time for the PIO's needs
[8:59] Patroklus Murakami will pole dance for tips... if u ask me nicely :)
[9:00] Gwyneth Llewelyn: yay :)
[9:00] Sleazy Writer: Chancellor > So the storyteller is paid with the 4k event-pump priming money?
[9:00] Dnate Mars: AFAIK
[9:01] Patroklus Murakami: can i get one in before we break?
[9:01] Sleazy Writer: I trust the Exec. & PIO will request funding from the RA - whatever event is planned. .. -- thank you for answering.
[9:01] Sleazy Writer: (request funding or report other funding, so that the RA knows what's going on)
[9:02] Patroklus Murakami: my question is for the Dean: "are there any cases still outstanding for the SC to hearr? when will they be heard?"
[9:02] Gwyneth Llewelyn: hehe
[9:02] Gwyneth Llewelyn: nothing like a two-part answer,
[9:02] Gwyneth Llewelyn: 1) Yes
[9:02] Dnate Mars: But also remember, the money is just a small amount to encourage events. People can still us their own money for events they want to put on
[9:02] Gwyneth Llewelyn: 2) I don't know :)
[9:03] Patroklus Murakami: the dependecy being 'when can the SC meet?'
[9:03] Gwyneth Llewelyn can't be more honest and truthful about it ;)
[9:03] Sleazy Writer: Dnate > my questions are about gov't events, such as the storyteller
[9:03] Gwyneth Llewelyn: Now, that's a more interesting question ;)
[9:03] Gwyneth Llewelyn: The answer is more easy,
[9:03] Gwyneth Llewelyn: since in fact the SC is not *so* democratic
[9:03] Gwyneth Llewelyn: and there is just one voting member besides me anyway ;)
[9:03] Gwyneth Llewelyn: The problem is,
[9:04] Sleazy Writer: Gwneth > err.. Fernando AND Pelanor? Wasn't Pelanor approved?
[9:04] Gwyneth Llewelyn: due to the procedures, the SC, to have a quorum.
[9:04] Gwyneth Llewelyn: requires "one SC member with voting ability besides the Dean"
[9:04] Patroklus Murakami: Pel has not yet been approved
[9:04] Gwyneth Llewelyn: So this in essence means that teh SC right now cnnot meet,
[9:04] Sleazy Writer nods
[9:04] Gwyneth Llewelyn: even to approve Pelanor,
[9:04] Gwyneth Llewelyn: without knowing when Fernando has time to meet with me ;)
[9:05] Patroklus Murakami: and is Fernando out of communication? hes' been on the forums recently
[9:07] Gwyneth Llewelyn: Well I guess it doesn't hurt to send him an email...
[9:07] Gwyneth Llewelyn: at least it'd allow the SC to approve Pelanor, Justice, and Claude as new members
[9:07] Gwyneth Llewelyn: With that,
[9:07] Gwyneth Llewelyn: getting a quorum (and a new Dean!) will be much easier!
[9:07] Sleazy Writer: Glad to hear about J + C :)
[9:08] Gwyneth Llewelyn: Well, Sleazy, they're nominated,
[9:08] Patroklus Murakami: let's hope we don't lose fernando before you cna meet. or else one branch is effectilvey defunct :)
[9:08] Gwyneth Llewelyn: not approved yet!
[9:08] Gwyneth Llewelyn: hehe
[9:08] Gwyneth Llewelyn: which makes things waaaay more complex, Pat
[9:08] Sleazy Writer: hahah!
[9:08] Sleazy Writer: but we like that right?
[9:09] Dnate Mars: anything else, or can we call the hour?
[9:09] Patroklus Murakami: that's all from me :)
[9:09] Sleazy Writer: yes, I'm looking forward to a new Gov't question hour next week :)

Sleazy Writer
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:47 pm

Post by Sleazy Writer »

With four citizens asking questions and talking to three government officials for over an hour I think the first [i:2lo040ow]Government Question Hour[/i:2lo040ow] was a success.

Chancellor Dnate has scheduled the next one for: 3pm SLT Thursday, September 20th, 2007.

[img:2lo040ow] ... sept07.jpg[/img:2lo040ow]

Post Reply

Return to “Events in CDS”