Vote for RA meeting on 16 Sept

Closed forum for all Representative Assembly members. Everybody is allowed to see government in action, but posting and replying is restricted to RA members only.

Moderator: SC Moderators

Bromo Ivory
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Vote for RA meeting on 16 Sept

Post by Bromo Ivory »

Read the transcripts that were sent to me (Thanks Pat) and it appears the only vote was on Dnate's election reform/tweak:

My vote is "nay"

Beathan convinced me on this from his comments on Wu Wei.

Wu-Wei isn't "doing nothing" it is "effortless doing" because your actions are so in tune with the universe that literally no effort is required to create the effects and changes that happen once the mover moves.

The changes proposed appear to me to be only very minor tweaks, almost for the sake of making tweaks rather than trying to achieve anything - almost churning things to give the appearance of something great being done, but at the end nothing is achieved.

As churning isn't Wu Wei, it is the opposite of it, and therefore I am voting for Wu Wei with my "nay" vote! :)

==
"Nenia peno nek provo donos lakton de bovo."

Beathan
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Beathan »

LOL --

Actually Bromo -- "effortless doing" is "Wei wu wei." "Wu wei" literally means "without action" or, as I like it, "do nothing."

However, it is my favorite way of approaching the necessary option in any course of action of "leave things alone."

Now it all comes down to Leon ...

Beathan

Let's keep things simple enough to be fair, substantive enough to be effective, and insightful enough to be good.
Bromo Ivory
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Bromo Ivory »

[quote="Beathan":1fv9n7x2]LOL --

Actually Bromo -- "effortless doing" is "Wei wu wei." "Wu wei" literally means "without action" or, as I like it, "do nothing."

However, it is my favorite way of approaching the necessary option in any course of action of "leave things alone."

Now it all comes down to Leon ...

Beathan[/quote:1fv9n7x2]

Aha! Well, I bow to you and your knowledge about Tao! (and I am but grasshopper! LOL)

Eastern Philosophy, especially Tao, is so elusive sometimes I get tripped up in the terminology. I suppose what I said made sense in that your reply made sense as well! :D

And its over to Leon, now!

==
"Nenia peno nek provo donos lakton de bovo."

Beathan
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Beathan »

Yes, Grasshopper, your application of the concept was excellently done ... although I happen to disagree with it, having voted "yay" (despite my expressed reservations).

LOL

Beathan

Let's keep things simple enough to be fair, substantive enough to be effective, and insightful enough to be good.
Leon
Seasoned debater
Seasoned debater

Post by Leon »

Providing this vote is regarding the CARE Electoral reform bill, my vote is nay.

Leon

Beathan
Forum Wizard
Forum Wizard

Post by Beathan »

Leon --

The CARE bill already failed. The vote that matters is for Dnate's bill -- which was endorsed by the CSDF after Pat withdrew his own proposal.

Beathan

Leon
Seasoned debater
Seasoned debater

Post by Leon »

Thank you for pointing that out Beathan.

In that case my vote is Aye.

L

Return to “Representative Assembly Discussion”